Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,087 members, 7,880,401 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

Open Letter To Lg.....(anyone With An Email Address I Could Contact?) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Open Letter To Lg.....(anyone With An Email Address I Could Contact?) (561 Views)

Airtel Nigeria Customer Care Contact Email Address / Solution To Lg E435 L3 II Dual Optimus Rooting / Globacom (Glo Mobile) Nigeria Email Address (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Lg.....(anyone With An Email Address I Could Contact?) by tidymaster(m): 10:11am On Dec 27, 2013
Hello LG, I will like to bring to your notice, my predicament at using one of your products, the Nexus 4. I bought this phone from Jumia in September (almost 70000 naira), by October, the Phone fell on the floor and the screen shattered. I took it to your service centre at Computer village Ikeja, where I was replaced for 21,000 naira. As I left the centre, I noticed that the Proximity sensor was not working properly as the screen goes blank immediately I pick a call or try to dial one. It took three visits to the Centre before they could replace the sensor for free, as the phone was still under warranty. Last month, the phone fell again, and as expected, the screen shattered. I took it back to the centre and paid for the screen to be replaced (another 21,000 Naira). After fixing the screen, it was noticed that the phone was not sitting well. The battery was swollen! and making the back casing to crack. I was asked to pay to have the battery changed, but I did not as I had no money on me (I wonder why I should pay to replace an inferior battery on a product still under warranty), but I could still use the phone like that. As I left the centre, I notice that again, the Proximity sensor was not working properly!  I took it back to the centre the next day, and had to wait for three long hours, yet it was not changed. The technician could not give a reasonable answer as to what happened (all I could get was that they were trying to work on the one inside the phone), I left the centre in annoyance. Now another problem had been added to the phone. As I got to my office, I noticed that the charger could not sit well into the charging port, the charger shakes while charging. Days later, I received a notification from Google to update my OS to 4.4.2 OTA. I did. After the update, my phone started going off at random. It could be 100% charged this minute, and the next, while working on something, the phone will just go blank. For me to use the phone now, it must be plugged to electricity. I thought this was my fault, but online investigations show that other users have been complaining of this after updating OS to 4.4.2. I took the phone to the centre last Monday to have the Sensor changed, fix the charging port well, and downgrade the OS to 4.3 or 4.2.2. After two to three hours there, the technician informed me that they have tried to change the Sensor for up to four times but none works, and that they do not have the OS file. I went back home with the phone, only to notice that the phone was not seeing the rear camera on the camera App! Swollen Battery, Random Shutdown, Rear Camera missing, charging port instability, bad proximity sensor, on a phone that is less than four months old! These issues are either caused by authorised technician, or manufacturer's defects. Outside Nigeria, customers are given a new phone for even lesser issues. I should not be made to go through the inconveniences that am going through now. Please help treat.
Thanks.
Re: Open Letter To Lg.....(anyone With An Email Address I Could Contact?) by udatso: 2:11pm On Dec 27, 2013
With all due respect sir, I think you have management issues. How can you keep shattering your phone always. I think 70% is your fault. When you keep falling a phone down and it develops fault, sometimes other faults are waiting to croch in too. And if your mantainance is bad, you would have problem using any electronics. Sorry about your loss. I think you should be more careful
Re: Open Letter To Lg.....(anyone With An Email Address I Could Contact?) by tidymaster(m): 1:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
udatso: With all due respect sir, I think you have management issues. How can you keep shattering your phone always. I think 70% is your fault. When you keep falling a phone down and it develops fault, sometimes other faults are waiting to croch in too. And if your mantainance is bad, you would have problem using any electronics. Sorry about your loss. I think you should be more careful
have you seen a nexus 4 before? its is cased glass front and back. I agree i have handling phone issues (not management issues...they both mean different things) that's because i have a lot to do at the same time.

If any of the other issues apart from the screen, had been my fault, LG would have stated so. They elect to fix the other faults without charging me because they have nothing to do with me. Nexus 4 is a problematic phone, read the reviews online.

Please do that before you reply. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Motorola Flagship Moto X Gets A Permanent Price Cut / Pls Help Me Unlock My Blackberry Touch 9850 / Urgent Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.