Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,186 members, 7,907,202 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 August 2024 at 05:43 AM

Programmer Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Programmer Trainee (992 Views)

Nigerian Stock Exchange Graduate Trainee / Massive Graduate Trainee Programme Recruitment At Diageo Nigeria- Guiness Unit / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Programmer Trainee by akisoft(m): 9:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Xpat integrated systems
opposite waec office, onikolobo abeokuta, Ogun state
Akintunde
info@xisysgroup.com
www.xisysgroup.com

requirements
National diploma (maximum)
basic programming knowledge
description
basic linux knowledge
job description
undergo training on application development using Java/php/C# for 3months
Re: Programmer Trainee by akisoft(m): 4:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
lot of views no comments, no calls does that means there are no programmer on this forum
Re: Programmer Trainee by talk2toyin(m): 9:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
akisoft: lot of views no comments, no calls does that means there are no programmer on this forum
I might be wrong but, stating that National Diploma is the maximum requirement isn't encouraging at all...
Re: Programmer Trainee by akisoft(m): 10:08pm On Dec 30, 2013
you are not wrong, but I must let you know this, first programming is an act it cannot be compared to other field like engineering that you can Just pickup someone and train on any engineering course, it requires learning in early stage of life, and Hnd holder might be too old to be trained on How to program.
talk2toyin: I might be wrong but, stating that National Diploma is the maximum requirement isn't encouraging at all...
Re: Programmer Trainee by talk2toyin(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
akisoft: you are not wrong, but I must let you know this, first programming is an act it cannot be compared to other field like engineering that you can Just pickup someone and train on any engineering course, it requires learning in early stage of life, and Hnd holder might be too old to be trained on How to program.
Not necessarily true. I'm an HND holder, age 24 and already did my NYSC. Interestingly, I'm also a programmer...a website designer. I believe there are a lot younger graduates who'd have loved to apply. I think, SSCE minimum would have sold better...just my opinion though. And you should already know, there are quite a lot older ND holders than I am...

1 Like

Re: Programmer Trainee by akisoft(m): 12:20am On Dec 31, 2013
okay Good, but if I may ask since when Have you started programming? is it after your Hnd or sometimes before? though u Have point changing the min to ssce, but u cannot rule the fact ssce holders are may not Have experience like ND holder, cos they don't really teach programming in secondary sch,
talk2toyin: Not necessarily true. I'm an HND holder, age 24 and already did my NYSC. Interestingly, I'm also a programmer...a website designer. I believe there are a lot younger graduates who'd have loved to apply. I think, SSCE minimum would have sold better...just my opinion though. And you should already know, there are quite a lot older ND holders than I am...
Re: Programmer Trainee by talk2toyin(m): 12:39am On Dec 31, 2013
akisoft: okay Good, but if I may ask since when Have you started programming? is it after your Hnd or sometimes before? though u Have point changing the min to ssce, but u cannot rule the fact ssce holders are may not Have experience like ND holder, cos they don't really teach programming in secondary sch,
Was taught a little programming in school, mostly outdated languages. But I fully went into web development right after my school year; about a year before I got called up for service. Let me ask, have you seen SSCE ICT's scheme of work? They got programming...QBasic to be precise, which is what most schools teach to their ND students.
Re: Programmer Trainee by akisoft(m): 8:59am On Dec 31, 2013
talk2toyin: Was taught a little programming in school, mostly outdated languages. But I fully went into web development right after my school year; about a year before I got called up for service. Let me ask, have you seen SSCE ICT's scheme of work? They got programming...QBasic to be precise, which is what most schools teach to their ND students.
yes, am aware my brother told me that, but an ND holder must pass through little of java, web tech for computer science student, c/c++ for non computer student
Re: Programmer Trainee by talk2toyin(m): 9:34am On Dec 31, 2013
akisoft: yes, am aware my brother told me that, but an ND holder must pass through little of java, web tech for computer science student, c/c++ for non computer student
Nice point! But don't you think you are neglecting something? Not all schools teach Java, web tech and c/c++ to their ND students. Some think it best to leave those for HND hence, they get taught stuffs like Fortran77, Cobol and Assembly Language..
Re: Programmer Trainee by akisoft(m): 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
talk2toyin: Nice point! But don't you think you are neglecting something? Not all schools teach Java, web tech and c/c++ to their ND students. Some think it best to leave those for HND hence, they get taught stuffs like Fortran77, Cobol and Assembly Language..
that is also true, but one point that can make me consider ur advice is this, dont you think of the fact that most hnd holders will be concern more on how to make more and might not focus on training, afterall we cannot kill them if they seems not understanding, cos programming requires full dedication.
Re: Programmer Trainee by talk2toyin(m): 3:06pm On Dec 31, 2013
akisoft: that is also true, but one point that can make me consider ur advice is this, dont you think of the fact that most hnd holders will be concern more on how to make more and might not focus on training, afterall we cannot kill them if they seems not understanding, cos programming requires full dedication.
Since u argue about patience, I'd have to agree not all graduate can affort that 'luxury'...their word, not mine.

1 Like

Re: Programmer Trainee by akisoft(m): 5:03pm On Dec 31, 2013
talk2toyin: Since u argue about patience, I'd have to agree not all graduate can affort that 'luxury'...their word, not mine.
lol. thanks nice contribution anyway, you can drop ur num or send text to my glo line in the post
Re: Programmer Trainee by talk2toyin(m): 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
akisoft: lol. thanks nice contribution anyway, you can drop ur num or send text to my glo line in the post
Here's my glo line...08075556564

(1) (Reply)

Earn Carbon Credits And Exchange Them With Dollars From UN / Entry-level And Experienced Job Vacancies (15 Open Positions) / A Head Teacher and Nursery teachers needed In A School In Dutse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.