Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,146 members, 7,896,897 topics. Date: Monday, 22 July 2024 at 01:18 AM

Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads (15460 Views)

Are We Mistaking BokoHaram's Gradual Invasion As Fulani Herdsmen? / Jonathan Begins Gradual Movement Out Of Aso Rock / PDP Wants Fashola Impeached Over Tolls On Roads (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by biafranqueen: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
The Light of the Nation Expressway

2 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
Promhize:

Why don't you just create your thread, smh 4 u o

Don't you have anything from your village to contribute...?
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 11:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
biafranqueen: The Light of the Nation Expressway

Don't mess up the thread with stolen internet pics...

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
Rad1cal:

FG or State beautiful ? kiss

I think FG
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Rad1cal: 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
Promhize:

I think FG

i have to be sure before i say what is on my mind grin
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 12:15am On Dec 29, 2013
nice thread.post more pics from ogun state.it's been ages I've been therr

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by kel4soft: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2013
Area view of Dualised Azikiwe road, Port Harcourt.

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 12:29am On Dec 29, 2013

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 12:30am On Dec 29, 2013
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 29, 2013
agbameta:

Don't you have anything from your village to contribute...?

I will upload pictures of roads in my village tomorrow, good and ugly.

These are pictures of Ore-Benin road, I took while travelling this december.

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 12:40am On Dec 29, 2013
Promhize:

I will upload pictures of roads in my village tomorrow, good and ugly.

These are pictures of Ore-Benin road, I took while travelling this december.

That's what you should have done instead of crying..
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 29, 2013
Ilorin

2 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 29, 2013
Benin City

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by londoner: 1:08am On Dec 29, 2013
jarkbauer:

this is not Nigeria Jor

This looks like Abuja to me..........quite a few places look like that in ABJ. Its actually taken from the Abuja thread on skyscrapercity. To be honest there are many places in Abuja I visited, that I had to remind myself I was in Nigeria.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1434240&page=12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nOfda7H6to
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 1:13am On Dec 29, 2013
Uyo

3 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 1:28am On Dec 29, 2013
Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 29, 2013
Calabar

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 2:05am On Dec 29, 2013
Abuja

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 2:06am On Dec 29, 2013
I am having mixed feelings about this thread. On one hand, I have seen some nice pics of good roads, but on the other hand, we are still talking about roads.

This definitely means that in the next election, which would be 2015, some politicians out there will still be using roads to campaign. Now I do understand that roads are a very important part of government, but at this stage of our development, we should be more concerned about complex road solutions i.e new bridges to reduce traffic after massive road usage data interpretation and so on.

Word bank statistics have new road construction at $800,000/mile-lane, and road rehabilitation at a much lower cost. At this rate, with allocations given to states, a 4 year space would be enough to completely pave about 70% of roads in all states (not new road construction). Take Ameachi's Jet for instance at a rumored price of $45,000,000. That's enough for about 45mile-lanes of new road, so that's like 22miles of a two lane road newly built. Now if we are talking rehabilitating roads, then you can multiply that number by about 5 on average. so that would be about 110 miles of two lane roads completely rehabilitated.

Nigeria is changing, but at what pace? We are moving like an old man trying to find his way back around the gym, when our counterparts have already done about 3 sets of warm ups, and already have peps in their steps.

I don't want to grow old and still have to listen to a politician campaign about roads, and not in a good sense as I explained earlier, but about repairing a road that has been abandoned for so long.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by atlwireles: 2:13am On Dec 29, 2013
Uchiha Madara: I am having mixed feelings about this thread. On one hand, I have seen some nice pics of good roads, but on the other hand, we are still talking about roads.

This definitely means that in the next election, which would be 2015, some politicians out there will still be using roads to campaign. Now I do understand that roads are a very important part of government, but at this stage of our development, we should be more concerned about complex road solutions i.e new bridges to reduce traffic after massive road usage data interpretation and so on.

Word bank statistics have new road construction at $800,000/mile-lane, and road rehabilitation at a much lower cost. At this rate, with allocations given to states, a 4 year space would be enough to completely pave about 70% of roads in all states (not new road construction). Take Ameachi's Jet for instance at a rumored price of $45,000,000. That's enough for about 45mile-lanes of new road, so that's like 22miles of a two lane road newly built. Now if we are talking rehabilitating roads, then you can multiply that number by about 5 on average. so that would be about 110 miles of two lane roads completely rehabilitated.

Nigeria is changing, but at what pace? We are moving like an old man trying to find his way back around the gym, when our counterparts have already done about 3 sets of warm ups, and already have peps in their steps.

I don't want to grow old and still have to listen to a politician campaign about roads, and not in a good sense as I explained earlier, but about repairing a road that has been abandoned for so long.

Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 2:48am On Dec 29, 2013
atlwireles:

Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads

I understand the theme of the thread, but even the topic itself justifies my gripe with the word "GRADUAL".

A gradual transformation doesn't negate the fact that a postive transformation is occuring, but the pace cannot be rightly justified.

Wounds heal gradually within a fixed time, "Its a gradual process", governed by the physiological makeup of the body. One has no choice but to waid the fixed time in this gradual process. On the other hand however, us still gradually transforming our roads is something that is not justified in terms of elapsed time, and can only be due to corruption at some point or the other.

Yes I am happy about the few scattered good roads all over Nigeria, do I want to see more? Yes!

Do I feel we deserve more? Yes!

Am I happy with the pace? No!

Next time you hear of misappropriated funds, just think of how many kilometers of road (with street lights, lane markings,...) that could have been rehabilited with said funds.
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by biafranqueen: 4:21am On Dec 29, 2013
agbameta:

Don't mess up the thread with stolen internet pics...

So what tongue
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by biafranqueen: 4:24am On Dec 29, 2013
agbameta:
Hey those are stolen too

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 4:32am On Dec 29, 2013
biafranqueen: Hey those are stolen too

From where? Your village?
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 6:17am On Dec 29, 2013
luvinhubby:
o baje ti
But why is Lagos road the only one with toll gates and collecting money from motorists in all the pictures?

Collecting tolls from roads is good and encouraged. It will let the Govt save up money to maintain the roads and free up money for Govt to finance other capital projects.

Tolls are paid everywhere in the world. Where will the Govt get money to maintain the roads if tolls are not collected? Why are Nigerians addicted to free things?
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Rikidony(m): 7:46am On Dec 29, 2013
Nice.... So is there nobody in the north that can also post picks of good roads there or nothing is happening in the north
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Adamskuty(m): 1:20pm On Dec 29, 2013
ROSSIKE: Abuja

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by meccuno: 2:58pm On Dec 29, 2013
agbameta:

To start with, it's either you are blind or full of something else because many roads in the pics I posted are not toll roads.

Many villagers have been begging for the same bridge for 30 years and toll or no toll, they still don't have any bridge.

The most sophisticated bridge in Nigeria and the best infrastructure in this thread is the same picture you quoted so We not only like our toll roads, we welcome and appreciate them.

why are u filled with so much hate?
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by meccuno: 3:09pm On Dec 29, 2013
i love the fact that there are trees everywhere.......cool
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by agbameta: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
meccuno: why are u filled with so much hate?

The fact that many of you label truth hate doesn't bother me so don't trouble yourself..
Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 29, 2013
ROSSIKE:
Benin City

My guy that's just one point from different camera view. Ring Road in Benin City

1 Like

Re: Gradual Transformation Of Nigerian Infrastructure; Focus On Roads by dlox147(m): 3:18pm On Dec 29, 2013
agbameta:

forgive me but i have to ask this, why do you always sound childish?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Adeosun Signs $500m Real Estate/$200m Agriculture Agreement / Reps In Rowdy Session Over Budget Padding Allegation / APC Crisis: Buhari's Silence Unacceptable, Party May Lose Edo- Sagay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.