Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,777 members, 7,969,291 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 02:19 AM

When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. (19016 Views)

Female Suicide Bomber Attacks Military Checkpoint In Borno - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Okays Military Checkpoint In 'frontline States' / Historical Photos Of Biafran Soldiers At A Military Base Near Owerri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by coolshegs10(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
Come to think of it self....a soldier has been in the sun for hours;...2: bfor u got 2 d place u forgot 2 make a call. 3:u con reach his place,u dey pick instead of u to answer him. Who born u? undecided
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by CooldudeY2J: 4:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Another reason is mobile phone signals can disrupt d signal of their bomb detecting device.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by dorox(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
Magic Bishop: Because most of the IEDs deployed against them in the past were triggered remotely by cell phones.

In Maiduguri, when ever the JTF convoy were hit by a roadside bomb the soldiers will immediately fire sporadically and indiscriminately into the surrounding crowd. Their reasoning was that the ambush was carried out from the crowd.

Whenever you are at a check point switch off your phone , turn down the volume of your radio and on your cabin light (if dark) and most of all be polite to them.

These guys no get head at all!
A war zone is no different from the picture you just painted, because that is what some parts of Nigeria have become.And the sad thing is that this deterioration of the Nigerian society is going on for as long as I can remember, too slow to be perceived by the naked eye like the movement of the hour hand Nigeria as gradually sinking to new depth each passing year.
At this rate, it would not be long before we descend into a full blown civil war, and the question that would be on most people minds that were unable to observe the changes would be how did we get here?
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Vanityupnvanity(m): 4:30pm On Dec 28, 2013
my friend in which state did this happened?

come to any of the SoE states and try that, then you will known the difference between blood and water

I have witness many of such disciplinary act in my state within the last six months. grin
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Vanityupnvanity(m): 4:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Mr op, put you feet into the shoes of this soldiers, your brain will answer your question sharp sharp.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Kizyte(m): 4:41pm On Dec 28, 2013
O boy! It's a serious offense to make phone calls while in Army checkpoint as long as Nigerian Military is concern.
I was almost dealt with when a soldier in a checkpoint discovered I was making a phone call. I actually knew it was against their rule but I never knew I was seen in the act by one of the soldiers. The following ensued between us:
Soldier: hold it there!
Me: Good afternoon sir
Soldier: why are you making a phone call in Army checkpoint?
Me: I'm sorry sir
Soldier: don't you know it's against our rule?
Me: I'm sorry sir
Soldier: you're lucky you are in an ambulance I would've dealt with you.
Me: I won't try it next time
Soldier: move

I was lucky enough I wansn't in a private car, it was my clinic's ambulance.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 5:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
The JTF check points solders in Bayelsa State are not like that,I am always with my phone when passing by check points and they don't bother me even when am using it right at their pressence.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Lanretoye(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Be formally informed that anything you do na offense.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Caprison(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
AMADU77: [img][/img]While we sleep in our houses, enjoying soft bed n AC, those soldiers u call MOFO r sleeping inside bush, in tents, in the rain, facing all kind of dangers n blocking the terrorist from flowing into our towns,

They have training n they know well that a phone can be used to communicate between a suicide bomber n his commander, I've seen lot of videos in Syria when the suicides was on phone n they telling him slow down , ... Let the soldier gather ... Etc like a last moment instruction ..

Whenever u r on police or army checkpoints, driver n passenger stop using ur phone, remove ur sun Glass. Ur cap or hut ( except traditional), off the music n open the window n try ur best to be gentle ,, just try

I don't understand how sm1 will ask u to slap ur country soldiers n yet ppl like this !! !!

I donno who's else is annoyed by the army checkpoints. No one above mistakes, but almost every soldier in Nigeria has been into action. He saw death n buried lot of his colleagues so take it easy wt him my dear civilian citizen

Respecting the army is a sign of civilization , in many civilized countries , people wont allow soldiers to wait in queue, they simple ask them to move to the front of the queue, if an ex-army man was wounded in action he will be considered a hero n will hv big advantage in the presidential election or any election
im free wt my opinion n iw ill say it clear, i don't see any difference n i have same respect for the man sitting in villa n the man with uniform on the checking point.

and @ poster my friend or any1 who's saying to slap the soldiers, me , AMADU a simple person, will use all my connection in Abuja to give u a FG plate number or if i can a diplomatic red plate number so no1 will disturb u again, under 1 condition : join the army n spend 1 month in the front lines of Yola or Bornou state, then u will understand

go enjoy ur new year n celebrate it n don't forget those who's protecting you in ur prayer
10000000000000 likes to this post,we are all here,relaxing n enjoying life with expensive gadgets n yet we can never for once commendate their effort jst for our own safety.. ..
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
AMADU77 Thank you very much.Am short of words.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by lastpage: 6:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Sleek05: On my way to Ibadan from lag, I saw a soldiers' van parked and about four of them were seriously slapping and hitting a man who was parked behind them. The man had his wife and kids crying close to him. Wish I had a camera to record d ugly scene. I kept askin myself, wat in d world could an unharmed man with his wife and kids have done 2 deserve such an inhuman treatment. Wat kinda country do we live in? I thought we had transited from d military regime 2d civilian regime... If d man was a minister or commissioner, would some bloody illiterates have treated him d same way? Do we have a judicial system dat treats such cases with utmost integrity. I still haven't found answers to my question especially because it could be my husband's turn tomorrow. Such a lawless country... Really sad!

These is what happens when at times, you saddle Eediots with work that involves a high level of INTELLIGENCE!

Its like saying the more you hit your child, the better the child will turn out in life! Its a farce, a very big lie!!!

If a "civilian" contravenes the law, there is a mechanism in place for dealing with such person, under the law: You arrest the civilian, hand him/her over to the Police who in-turn should charge the person to court, before a competent judge, under relevant section of the law contravened.

I am not a Lawyer but let me ask: Which section of the law abolishes the use of a cellphone, close or at a Military checkpoint?
'Cos l hear all of ya saying "it an offence, ..its a law,...its an order, ...its a rule, ....."

While common sense may dictate that in areas or location where security is an issue, one should be careful with such practice,
whatever is NOT PROHIBITED BY/IN LAW, is NOT AN OFFENCE!.

It wont be out of place "if" they broadcast it on radio and sensitive the populace using posters that they should not use their phone near a check-point for 1, 2, 3, reasons. That is how "rulers" with a small bit of sense do, not just assume that everyone must live in fear of them.

There is no law that allows a Soldier to manhandle and pummel a Civilian, especially in the presence of his wife and children.
It is very animalistic and savage! angry angry
You would wonder, some years down the line, if children traumatized by such experience turn out to be very hateful and vindictive to the society in general.

Do you think as a Father, if that man has access to a weapon he would think twice before shooting soldiers, ...any soldier for that matter?

All these "show of force" to unarmed civilians is NOT NECESSARY, any Soldier worth his salt who wants to prove macho, should do so to an ARMED PERSON....... Boko Haram will be better....... but we all know how they duck their tails between their legs and shiver when they hear "Boko-wetin"
tongue tongue tongue

With "animals" like that on the rampage, NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE, by all definition.

Lastpage!

BTW: The ARMY or "UNIFORMED PERSON" .... RESPECTING THE CIVILIAN, IS A BIGGER AND BETTER SIGN OF CIVILIZATION!

3 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Onyenna(m): 7:04pm On Dec 28, 2013
Magic Bishop:

Nigerian Military especially the Army is full of daft clowns in camo!

Thank you......
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by lastpage: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Decryptor: It's the trend in checkpoints. I remember one day when i was in a public transport in Abuja and we met a checkpoint, the guy in the front seat was just chattering like a hummingbird on his phone and the soldier ordered us to park.
He just collected the phone, removed the battery and dropped the phone on the ground and smashed it with the butt of his rifle both front and back till the phone was in bits and pieces and then handed the phone back to the guy and told us to continue our journey. And it was even a BB. The guy nearly cry.
Those soldiers no dey play o

And you think this should be the reaction of a sensible and civilized humabeing?

From your post, the guy was not even aware of doing anything wrong!

I would assume anyone with any small grain of sense, as opposed to a complete "animal in human skin" (respects to Fela Anikulapo Kuti), would collect the phone, admonish the man not to always end his calls when approaching a check point because of the fear of being suspected of being used to activate an IED and return it after switching it off, to the owner?

But such "men of low value and low dignity" have to prove he is armed .....and the other fella is not.
he has to smash the phone and grind it to powder .... just to prove and massage his own "power-drunken ego".

I tell you, it is only cowards who "muscle-around town bullying weaker people".

One of the most gentle humans l have ever crossed in my life is a triple-black-belt Judoka who trains the military. Even when conducted cheated him out of his change all he did was "shout at him and call him theif", when he could have crushed the conductor ....like that Stewpid soldier!

Nigerians have bee so abused and demoralized that they take abuse itself as a form of right belonging to their abusers!
I pity this generation.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by ZACHIE: 7:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
look at this one demanding civility from soldiers yet agressively behaves like an enraged bull across NL.
Fix your own civilization before asking same from others
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Edzy: 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
all those plying northern roads are already use to situations like this,wen u are in a commercial vehicle,upon approaching military checkpoints,d driver will warn all passengers" no throwing of anything through the window and no phone calls"
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Reni1: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
It is an offense to use mobile phone when talking to a security officer. When u are entering the US, as you approach the border control, you are advised to turn your phones off. An elder man once told me he got kicked out becuase he was trying to reach his driver at the airport in the US.

Also, I visited a family member at one of the US Army Base (FORT), and as we approached the gate, my Cousin (A senior US Army Officer) abruptly end his call because he did not want to breach security. In fact in his words, 'I dont want these people to get mad at me'. The funny thing is that the people he was referring to were soldiers, while he is a commisioned officer, i.e He was their Senior in Rank but respected them.

So its not only in Nigeria, I can attest that you dont make calls around Military Check Points both in the US and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by RaptorX: 7:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
@Reni:
It is an offense to use mobile phone when talking to a security officer. When u are entering the US, as you approach the border control, you are advised to turn your phones off. An elder man once told me he got kicked out becuase he was trying to reach his driver at the airport in the US.

Also, I visited a family member at one of the US Army Base (FORT), and as we approached the gate, my Cousin (A senior US Army Officer) abruptly end his call because he did not want to breach security. In fact in his words, 'I dont want these people to get mad at me'. The funny thing is that the people he was referring to were soldiers, while he is a commisioned officer, i.e He was their Senior in Rank but respected them.

So its not only in Nigeria, I can attest that you dont make calls around Military Check Points both in the US and Nigeria.
An American soldier will never ever tell an American citizen to frogjump, slap, kick, horsewhip an American citizen or take his phone and smash it never ever. So pls dont try to create some kind of moral equivalance with your tale of visiting a US military base.

4 Likes

Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Reni1: 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
lastpage:

And you think this should be the reaction of a sensible and civilized humabeing?

From your post, the guy was not even aware of doing anything wrong!

I would assume anyone with any small grain of sense, as opposed to a complete "animal in human skin" (respects to Fela Anikulapo Kuti), would collect the phone, admonish the man not to always end his calls when approaching a check point because of the fear of being suspected of being used to activate an IED and return it after switching it off, to the owner?

But such "men of low value and low dignity" have to prove he is armed .....and the other fella is not.
he has to smash the phone and grind it to powder .... just to prove and massage his own "power-drunken ego".

I tell you, it is only cowards who "muscle-around town bullying weaker people".

One of the most gentle humans l have ever crossed in my life is a triple-black-belt Judoka who trains the military. Even when conducted cheated him out of his change all he did was "shout at him and call him theif", when he could have crushed the conductor ....like that Stewpid soldier!

Nigerians have bee so abused and demoralized that they take abuse itself as a form of right belonging to their abusers!
I pity this generation.

Lastpage!

My brother, I pray you dont go through what Our Soldiers go through to become soldiers and officers. They are not power drunk, they are trained to be tough, to kill to protect Our borders. Lets look at the trauma of killing, its psychological. No human being will feel better after taking ones life. It will be hard for such person to re-integrate into a Civil Society.

My point being that every profession has it struggles, and no one is a saint. I can bet you have been power drunk a couple of times at your office or school. With your response I cannot imagine you being a "Gentleman Officer", you probably may do worse in the name of 'defending' the truth.

Instead of ranting and passing insults over to someone else , come up with ideas on how to curb and manage such situations hoping the Power of nairaland will drive the message to the Governing Council of our Military Force.

For example, Can we advocate all our soldiers have Psychological Therapy to help deal with trauma, anger and any other psychological problems they may be experiencing. Hopefully, this will help reduce the amount of rage our soldiers exhibit in Public.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Reni1: 8:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
Raptor X: An American soldier will never ever tell an American citizen to frogjump, slap, kick, horsewhip an American citizen or take his phone and smash it never ever. So pls dont try to create some kind of moral equivalance with your tale of visiting a US military base.

You are digressing from the argument which is "Is it an offence to use a mobile phone at military check point ?", however in an attempt to respond to your reply, my cousin said and I quote "They will report me and I dont want my record distorted, They may even give me a 'pink slip' which is like a sack letter". The Americans have records and they can track you to certain extent once the have your name and Social Security Number.

I'd like to ask , what data does the nigerian security have about you ? How will they track you for an offence you committed, Even when they lock you up and infringe on your human right, once you leave that is the end of the case for life. In the US, that record will be there for life and can be used against or for you in the future.

I am not comparing both systems, and I'd like you to look at these situations from boths sides before making a final judgement. Dont jsut crucify the Nigerian Military. I bet the US Military may even be doing some real human right infringements that You and I are not aware.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by GooseBaba: 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
lastpage:

These is what happens when at times, you saddle Eediots with work that involves a high level of INTELLIGENCE!

Its like saying the more you hit your child, the better the child will turn out in life! Its a farce, a very big lie!!!

If a "civilian" contravenes the law, there is a mechanism in place for dealing with such person, under the law: You arrest the civilian, hand him/her over to the Police who in-turn should charge the person to court, before a competent judge, under relevant section of the law contravened.

I am not a Lawyer but let me ask: Which section of the law abolishes the use of a cellphone, close or at a Military checkpoint?
'Cos l hear all of ya saying "it an offence, ..its a law,...its an order, ...its a rule, ....."

While common sense may dictate that in areas or location where security is an issue, one should be careful with such practice,
whatever is NOT PROHIBITED BY/IN LAW, is NOT AN OFFENCE!.

It wont be out of place "if" they broadcast it on radio and sensitive the populace using posters that they should not use their phone near a check-point for 1, 2, 3, reasons. That is how "rulers" with a small bit of sense do, not just assume that everyone must live in fear of them.

There is no law that allows a Soldier to manhandle and pummel a Civilian, especially in the presence of his wife and children.
It is very animalistic and savage! angry angry
You would wonder, some years down the line, if children traumatized by such experience turn out to be very hateful and vindictive to the society in general.

Do you think as a Father, if that man has access to a weapon he would think twice before shooting soldiers, ...any soldier for that matter?

All these "show of force" to unarmed civilians is NOT NECESSARY, any Soldier worth his salt who wants to prove macho, should do so to an ARMED PERSON....... Boko Haram will be better....... but we all know how they duck their tails between their legs and shiver when they hear "Boko-wetin"
tongue tongue tongue

With "animals" like that on the rampage, NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE, by all definition.

Lastpage!

BTW: The ARMY or "UNIFORMED PERSON" .... RESPECTING THE CIVILIAN, IS A BIGGER AND BETTER SIGN OF CIVILIZATION!

Finally I agree with you on something......

Then tomorrow when a solider is killed and someone says good riddance, we then wonder why people see them as animals....

Sometimes I wonder when I see police men or soldiers point their guns at an unarmed individual.... I just wonder.... Majority of Nigerians have been demoralized they don't know the difference between a patriot and a coward...
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
Hot Potato: Dear Nairalanders,

We've been held up for some minutes now, in a military checkpoint, reason being that a soldier confiscated the phone of a co-passenger cos she was answering a call.
Pls when did it become an offence for someone to answer a call at a military checkpoint?

How good would it have been if people seek knowledge outside what they do always. It has nothing to do with Nigeria Soldiers. Why do you think GSM/frequency Jammer was invented and used by military and tactical military outfits. This is to curtail any form of spy on them or prevent devices from triggering of explosives that works with frequency. please appreciate them for they are doing there work. They are human beings like you and also want to live and enjoy the proceeds of their sweat hence the need to be alert to any form of devices of the enemies.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Kbraims(m): 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2013
it's bcoms an offence since d arrival of BARCELONA!!!
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by iykofias(m): 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
kokoA: One secret of pulling through these guys is hailing.. Once you are stopped, always start your conversation with these magic words "officer weldon o.. Kai! Dis una work no easy o". It's always working for me sha o. I'd end up spending few minutes gisting and laughing with them and dats all grin. When dey ask for "kola" I'd always form "student" for dem.. Lol. They'd be like "oya oya carry your papa motor dey go jare.. Yeye" grin
dnt tel me u called a nigeria soldier 'officer' n he didnt see it needful to reduce even just one bullet on u?
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by HotPotato(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote author=lastpage]

I pity this generation.

Very much on point bro.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by Obidikejr(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Na so dem tel wan fine gurl like dat make she pick dirty around d check point. The thing tire me, I never hear wen US military tel 'em pple to switch off phone wen dem pass checkpoint. Even after 9/11.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by ocelot2006(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
I'm afraid the soldiers are right. What if the lady was an informant for criminals? And in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, phones are being used as detonators for IEDs and triggers.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by inosend: 10:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
Ol boy, this desperate measure started when the situation became desperate. Obey simple instruction and live to tell the tale.
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by meforyou1(m): 10:23pm On Dec 28, 2013
So many annoying things happen at those checkpoints. Last week I entered a car in zuba to wuse. And just after 5 mins or so of driving, we met a military checkpoint in deidei. Next thing d soldier said our driver was passing the checkpoint without permission. That he should park and kneel under d sun which he did. Next he said we d passengers should come out and stand under d sun. For more than 30 mins before his superior came, asked what happened and asked us d to enter d car and that the driver should go as well. So how do I as a passenger sitting at the back sef pay for a driver's supposed crime?
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by meforyou1(m): 10:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
ocelot2006: I'm afraid the soldiers are right. What if the lady was an informant for criminals? And in countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, phones are being used as detonators for IEDs and triggers.
d offence wasn't holding a phone but making call. If she intended to denote anything with the phone, she would be holding the fine in her hand. Just illiterate aboki soldiers venting out their anger on an innocent young fine girl
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by jayokla: 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2013
Yes, they are doing a great job protecting we civilians, but that doesn't mean they should 'vent their anger' on innocent civilians. I and some of my friends were beaten mercilessly by a soldier somewhere in Ondo State some months back in a bar ( A public place), our offence? one of us was snapping pictures and the flash 'affected' his eyes, he wasn't even dressed in any cloth that would make one think he's a soldier, next thing we heard was 'stop it', and we were like 'ah, ah, oga, why u con shout on us like that na, we no be pikin na'... in my quest to divert my other angry friends(who were still grumbling, as normal omo boy go do na) from his case, i started a completely different gist, and we forgot what had happened, few minutes later, a pick up with about 6 soldiers just rounded us up, inside the bar, and started slapping us, they later took us to their base and stripped us naked and he started beating us with heavy sticks, asked us to swim inside mud, he was doing all these while drinking Red Label and was smoking, heavily drunk, threatening us that he was going to kill us before dawn, that if our father was jonathan, he wouldn't be able to save us that night! he was commanding the other guys (apparently he was a superior officer) to subject us to different punishments...the hotel manager later came to plead on our behalf and he kept on saying 'ohhh, you for allow me kill these people naa'! I wish i can just meet someone today who can take up this case on my behalf because i can still locate the base they took us to. Sorry to bore you with this long epistle, bottomline is, Soldiers are doing a great job, but they tend to go to the extreme, most times!
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by kabba7(m): 10:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
At times like this I remember MKO Abiola talking of. MAD DOGS if not madness why should a soldier.take joy in being wicked against fellow Nigerians . They are mad dogs yes they are dogs and mad .
Re: When Did Using A Phone In A Military Checkpoint Become An Offence. by cletus10: 11:09pm On Dec 28, 2013
don't
try dat at kano check point, if nt, u wil nt be able 2 walk home, because
of frog jump, if u are lucky ur phone wil follow if u are nt, den u wil
ask d roadcheesy.............jst keep 2 d rule 4 peace ..........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Forgery: Judge Threatens To Quash Police Report / 2019: Atiku, Saraki, Secondus, PDP Govs Hold Crucial Meeting / Akeredolu Rejects Plot To Impeach Deputy

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.