Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,287 members, 7,881,069 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:50 AM

The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu (2996 Views)

Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / BREAKING: INEC Announces That Elections Will Continue Tomorrow / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by nduchucks: 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
I'd like to also add that GEJ has impregnated the wrong woman this time around, and the woman has refused to abort the child. Insha Allah, that child will be born, and his name shall be Political Maturity and he will move this great country towards greatness and send the usual suspect back to Otueke in 2014, if the birth is premature, or in 2015 at the end of full term. Ise!! Ameen!!
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by usmanspihn(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2013
I have been following the trend of Nigerian politics for a
while especially since the inception of the PDP's internal
crisis and the merger of ACN, CPC and some other
political parties with the most important goal of
defeating the PDP in the next election which seems like
the best visible way to do that. 'The merger'.
When they came they started highlighting the evil of
the PDP as a whole which comprises of those in power
from the grass root to the federal level. Sure they
painted the pictures right and actually they got what
they wanted but how exactly are they different if the
people the claim to be bad are the ones defecting to the
'saviour' party.
Nigerians fail to see the clearer picture here. This is
absolute black propaganda and the people they claim to
lead are being misled. I am no loyalist to any party and
don't wish to be in the nearest future but PDP has been
on for quite a long time and the phenomenon ACN just
came into being but practically has been around. We
have seen the good,the bad, and the ugly of PDP but
can we say that with ACN yes I think. It is the same
people that have ruled, governed and stuffs that are
there.
So if the defector from the PDP are bad as being
claimed by ACN, then it simply means that ACN is bad.
MY VIEWS

1 Like

Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 9:34pm On Dec 28, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Because of the fragile power rotating unwritten rule/agreement which has kept the country together for decades. Feel free to deny that it exists if you wish, but realities show otherwise.

@OP, Dangote is neither a politician nor a foolish businessman who would allow incompetent PDP agents to use him in a fight they've already lost. Dangote will stay away from the ongoing political tug of war, but will maintain great relationships with both parties.

if the country can not co-exist except the Presidency is zoned then lets write it into the constitution with clear calendar dates when each zone can produce the President?
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by jmaine: 9:48pm On Dec 28, 2013
aventura: Apc best candidate would be

nyako/fayemi

Lolz . . . . cheesy
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by nduchucks: 9:49pm On Dec 28, 2013
mikeansy:

if the country can not co-exist except the Presidency is zoned then lets write it into the constitution with clear calendar dates when each zone can produce the President?

I agree with this.
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
mikeansy:

Quite retrogressive idea.
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by rej00: 10:07pm On Dec 28, 2013
usmanspihn: I have been following the trend of Nigerian politics for a
while especially since the inception of the PDP's internal
crisis and the merger of ACN, CPC and some other
political parties with the most important goal of
defeating the PDP in the next election which seems like
the best visible way to do that. 'The merger'.
When they came they started highlighting the evil of
the PDP as a whole which comprises of those in power
from the grass root to the federal level. Sure they
painted the pictures right and actually they got what
they wanted but how exactly are they different if the
people the claim to be bad are the ones defecting to the
'saviour' party.
Nigerians fail to see the clearer picture here. This is
absolute black propaganda and the people they claim to
lead are being misled. I am no loyalist to any party and
don't wish to be in the nearest future but PDP has been
on for quite a long time and the phenomenon ACN just
came into being but practically has been around. We
have seen the good,the bad, and the ugly of PDP but
can we say that with ACN yes I think. It is the same
people that have ruled, governed and stuffs that are
there.
So if the defector from the PDP are bad as being
claimed by ACN, then it simply means that ACN is bad.
MY VIEWS

nice observation you made.. As a follower of nigeria politics, i also share your sentiment that APC is bad as well....
Here is the truth nigeria is corrupt and bad from Aso rock to borders in cross river.. From churches to mosques, from PDP to APC.
Taking corruption to be a constant phenomenom i am very delighted @ the emergence of APC because we now have two groups which like the law of gravity is corrupt and selfish checkmating each other unlike before now that PDP had the monopoly of looting. Interest is now divided for a truce to be reached, don't loot and i will not loot would have to be agreed and guess who win.... The corrupt nigerian masses doing their petty corrupt practises.
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by FNG3: 11:03pm On Dec 28, 2013
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by Alphaoscar: 12:16am On Dec 29, 2013
Jonathan/sambo vs Tambuwal/Amaechi or Buhari/amaechi is d game for me. I will prefer Tambuwal/amaechi ticket because the 2 are young, dynamic, tested and ok, and seasoned administrators and d combination of the two can defeat Jonathan/PDP if the opposition can take their chances. I would've love Fashola to take 1 of d two spots but the Nigerias turn-by-turn ltd, ethnic and religion bigotry will never favour people like him.
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by okoromike(m): 3:24am On Dec 29, 2013
bappahman:

———————————————–

By Dele Momodu

Via: Ynaija
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by gerald09(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2013
Peinstein: I will go with Tambuwal/Fashola. Fashola would pull the votes from southwest which is the zone with the second largest voting bloc while Tambuwal secure the northwest and majority of the northeast vote. Middlebelt would be 50:50 between PDP and APC, while PDP would control southeast and majority of south-south.

I like Tambuwal because he plays the role of the speaker more intelligently than Mark does as senate president. Even if Tambuwal contests as president under PDP, I would still be tempted to vote for him. He seems to put his. position ahead of that of his party and that is what we need for development

Muslim-muslim ticket doesn't matter to me; Fashola's liberal nature in religion is well known though I can't say same for Tambuwal since I don't know his islamic orientation; he seems liberal though. I would have preferred a christian/Muslim combination; but religion doesn't pay bills nor does it put food on my table, and voting a muslim/muslim doesn't stop me from being a christian.

It's all speculation though; this is Nigeria.
That's what u fink but bro believe it or nt religion will always play a big role in presidential elections, if dey put Muslim/Muslim its not going to flow well with the christians which is 60% of the population, Not because the two candidate aint good enough it just how our politics go. If they go with Kwankwaso/Ameachi the SW will not support it cos Fashola has already bin pencilled in as VP, if they decide to go for Fashola/Ameachi den say bye to the North. The solution with this is for a level playing field be arranged so all stakeholders in the party agree 100% on a candidate under the Muslim-Christian system. Or all dis there propaganda against GEJ will be another "Tales by Moonlight"
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by gerald09(m): 11:32am On Dec 29, 2013
Keneking: So here is my shortlist in no particular order for APC: Fashola, Tambuwal, Marwa, Amaechi, Buhari, Kwankwaso, Rochas, Aliyu (in case he becomes a permanent member), Atiku

Versus

PDP: Jonathan & Sambo

Likely hypothesis: Jonathan/ Sambo vs Fashola/ Tambuwal - excellent (a1)
Jonathan/ Sambo vs Amaechi/ Tambuwal - excellent ( b1)
Jonathan / Sambo vs Buhari / Fashola - excellent ( c1)
Jonathan/ Sambo vs Aliyu / Fashola - excellent ( d1)
Jonathan / Sambo vs Atiku / Fashola - excellent ( e1)
Jonathan / Sambo vs Fashola / Rochas - v good ( f1)
Jonathan / Sambo vs Marwa/ Fashola - v good (g1)
Jonathan / Sambo vs Kwankwaso/ Amaechi - v good (h1)
Jonathan / Sambo vs Buhari / Amaechi - v good ( i1)
Jonathan / Sambo vs Atiku / Amaechi - v good ( j1)

Here is my submission: Suppose, Fashola doesn't make the pairing for presidency, the Senate shall be reserved for him. In case, Tambuwal also does not make the nominations, the House of Reps shall be there for him. Overall, if both Fashola and Tambuwal head the leadership of both houses in 2015, even if Jonathan wins, chances are that his administration might not survive. All efforts shall be made for h1 to occur for APC to win.

I like ur hypothesis, but u shuld kn this is Nigerian Politics where Religion plays a very big role n a criteria for Presidential election. Puttin Muslim/Muslim or Christian/Christian candidate will not fly in Nigerian including does from d same region as d candidates. It just can't work. APC will need to sit down and talk, they have tried to hard to avoid "the talk" but dey have to. It has to be either a Christian/Muslim candidate or a Muslim/Christian Candidate b4 region.
Re: The Dangote Checkmate And How The 2015 Elections Will Play Out - Dele Momodu by Nobody: 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2013
ndu_chucks:

I agree with this.

while that is yet to be done we must realize that it is not law and should be considered unexistent

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redeem Pastor Escapes From Boko Haram After 10 Months In Captivity / Picture Of Buhari And Oshinbajo's Wife On Arrival To Abeokuta Rally / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.