Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,858 members, 7,980,009 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 11:13 PM

On Campus Or Off Campus? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / On Campus Or Off Campus? (534 Views)

Types Of People In An Off-Campus Hostel / Real Reasons Ladies Prefer To Live Off-Campus / Is It Better To Stay On-Campus Or Off-Campus In UK Universities? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

On Campus Or Off Campus? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2013
In my alma mata, male bed spaces are far more limited when compared to that of d females (Even though they will not still be enough for the females). We book for bed spaces online and the portal closes within 24hrs of opening, so you can imagine the rush within that day.
School hostels have almost every advantage over private hostels - from constant light to quick access to library/night classes to zero transport cost e.t.c (End of thinking Capacity lol). But one thing I noticed is that, immediately after the session, 'hostellites' will be told to vacate the hostels within three days, so those who want to still chill around for some time will have to squat with us in the town, which is very not comfortable for both parties.
Even when school resumes, they will still have to squat with us until the hostel portal opens. Aside from the above, The reason why I never thought of applying for a school hostel is because - you pay for a session for a bed space in school but you pay for a year in a private hostel.
So, I just wanna kno...

When you were in the University, did you (or, now that you are in d Uni do you) stay on or off campus? And why did/do you decide to stay where you stayed?

-Sodeep

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed! I Dont Know What Course To Study. / A Thread For #land Education Census...represent Ur Sch And State Of Origin / WHY SPAMBOT ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.