Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,691 members, 7,879,026 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:26 AM

The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction (8446 Views)

Sexxual Yoga / The Evolution Of Morality / The Evolution Myth And The ‘God Question' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2013
In a prior thread about evolutionary questions, I had raised this as one of the significant posers against the Theory of Evolution. However I raised about 12 posers so this poser did not receive the attention I believe it merits.

I think it is absolutely cardinal and a most decisive point.

Evolution cannot explain the appearance of the sexes and is particularly dead on se.xual reproduction.

For thought -

The evolution of the mammary gland is difficult to explain; this is because mammary glands are typically required by mammals to feed their young. There are many theories on how mammary glands evolved, for example, it is believed that the mammary gland is a transformed sweat gland, more closely related to apocrine sweat glands. Since mammary glands do not fossilize well, supporting such theories with fossil evidence is difficult. Many of the current theories are based on comparisons between lines of living mammals – monotremes, marsupials and eutherians. One theory proposes that mammary glands evolved from glands that were used to keep the eggs of early mammals moist and free from infection (monotremes still lay eggs). Other theories suggest that early secretions were used directly by hatched young, or that the secretions were used by young to help them orient to their mothers.

Lactation is assumed to have developed long before the evolution of the mammary gland and mammals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammary_gland#Evolution

The evolution of se.xual reproduction is a major puzzle. The first fossilized evidence of se.xual reproduction in eukaryotes is from the Stenian period, about 1 to 1.2 billion years ago. There are two main processes during sexual reproduction in eukaryotes: meiosis, involving the halving of the number of chromosomes; and fertilization, involving the fusion of two gametes and the restoration of the original number of chromosomes. During meiosis, the chromosomes of each pair usually exchange genetic information to achieve homologous recombination. Evolutionary thought proposes several explanations for why sexual reproduction developed and why it is maintained. These reasons include fighting the accumulation of deleterious mutations, increasing rate of adaptation to changing environments (see the red queen hypothesis), dealing with competition (see the tangled bank hypothesis) or as an adaptation for repairing DNA damage and masking deleterious mutations. The maintenance of sexual reproduction has been explained by theories that work at several different levels of selection, though some of these models remain controversial. New models presented in recent years, however, suggest a basic advantage for sexual reproduction in slowly reproducing, complex organisms, exhibiting characteristics that depend on the specific environment that the given species inhabit, and the particular survival strategies that they employ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_reproduction

I SAY - THAT - the evolution of sexuality in the appearance of the male and female forms and their sexually complimentary attributes particularly in the matter of reproduction, cannot be addressed by evolution, is a major flaw in the theory of evolution, and points to a code of existential forms which governs the appearance and existence of such forms as male and female.

2 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by Joshthefirst(m): 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
Just as I was about to open this kind of thread. Nice.

In over 1.4 million species on earth there is a distinct gender difference; Male and female.

But though we don't know what(or who) is behind sex.ual reproduction and its detail and design, we cannot blame God for this grin grin. There must be a random non-directed cause. grin

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 5:27pm On Dec 28, 2013
I am so surprised that a dogmatic position can hold one in so tight a hostage that it completely obscures ones deep reflections and one's deepsight.

How silly is it really to attack an accepted theory from a position of ignorance?

If you want a scientific debate about this, then arm yourself with scientific reasons why you reject the current scientific positions on this.
Stop this silly nonsense of ' of I reject this because I feel this or I feel that way. Insufficient knowledge is grounds to reject an idea.
Most people don't understand the compicated work of trying to explain aspects of evolution. Most people are very scared of even trying, for fear that they might see it's strong merits.
Yet everyone with a god comes i here with barely baked and even blank knowledge to loudly challenge what they don't understand, and may never understand.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by PastorKun(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton: I am so surprised that a dogmatic position can hold one in so tight a hostage that it completely obscures ones deep reflections and one's deepsight.

How silly is it really to attack an accepted theory from a position of ignorance?

If you want a scientific debate about this, then arm yourself with scientific reasons why you reject the current scientific positions on this.
Stop this silly nonsense of ' of I reject this because I feel this or I feel that way. Insufficient knowledge is grounds to reject an idea.
Most people don't understand the compicated work of trying to explain aspects of evolution. Most people are very scared of even trying, for fear that they might see it's strong merits.
Yet everyone with a god comes i here with barely baked and even blank knowledge to loudly challenge what they don't understand, and may never understand.

Must you argue for the sake of argument All you have written above makes no sense.

6 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 5:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton: I am so surprised that a dogmatic position can hold one in so tight a hostage that it completely obscures ones deep reflections and one's deepsight.

Lol. You have said nothing bro.

School me up on the evolutionary basis for the existence of the se.xes.

And do yourself a favour and read the OP again.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by Joshthefirst(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2013

I don't know why you like saying ambiguous nonsense when boxed in a corner sir.

Just gather yourself together and reply again. We can forget the above ever happened grin

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by mazaje(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
So how does oneness of infinity or infinite space and time explain the creation of sexes?. . .Why do we have two sexes and why are some organisms and plant asexual. . .Why are others neuter?. . .How does oneness of infinity explain that?
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 6:21pm On Dec 28, 2013
Pastor Kun:

Must you argue for the sake of argument All you have written above makes no sense.

And you wrote this for what sake?

Let me repeat in case, like I suspect, you did not read my post to understand.

Science is a hard subject for a great deal of people.
A bad educational system like we have usually neglect science, and as a result, many students, even brilliant students fall by the way side.
You will agree with me that Nigeria and many African countries produce the lowest per capita number of scientists, engineers, doctors, researchers, and professionals employed in science-based or related industries.
That is a fact.

Fact no. 2.
You will also agree with me that A very great percentage of literate Nigerians are scientifically iliterate.
That is also a fact.

Fact no. 3.
From my personal experience, and i am sure you will also agree with me, out of ten nationals from different countries, a Nigerian is the one most likely to argue vehemently against the theory of evolution, even thought he might very well be the one that is the least scientifically literate.

If a scientist who understands the scientific method and the rigor of understanding and simplifying very complex scientific processes takes a stand against a certain aspect of evolutionary theory, I would pay attention , irrespective of whether I agree or disagree.

But when a non-scientific person nitpicks what he like s or does not like about evolution and them gives you emotional, subjective and non-scientific reasons, it is very annoying and very very id.io..tic.

I would respect Anyone who can say that they have taken a course, or have immersed themselves fully in the scientific study of evolution for a month or few months ,and them comes here on Nl to repudiate all or some of the aspects , based on his scientific understanding.
It is then that the person is fully competent to debate any or all aspects of evolution which he disagrees with.

It is silly, arrogance and complex ignorance (the worst type) to pontificate and make absolute statements without first showing that you understand the subject, and then that you have your valid, peer reviewable reasons for making them.

So sir,
There is no problem with evolution.
There is a problem with science, understanding science, accepting science.

Believe me, I had a tough time accepting evolution simply because it seemed too complex for me.

Our minds are hardwired for simplicity, so we tend to subconsciously and instinctively reject the complex.
That is why we easily settle for god to magically design and create our reality.

10 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight: In a prior thread about evolutionary questions, I had raised this as one of the significant posers against the Theory of Evolution. However I raised about 12 posers so this poser did not receive the attention I believe it merits.

I think it is absolutely cardinal and a most decisive point.

Evolution cannot explain the appearance of the sexes and is particularly dead on se.xual reproduction.

For thought -

The evolution of the mammary gland is difficult to explain; this is because mammary glands are typically required by mammals to feed their young. There are many theories on how mammary glands evolved, for example, it is believed that the mammary gland is a transformed sweat gland, more closely related to apocrine sweat glands. Since mammary glands do not fossilize well, supporting such theories with fossil evidence is difficult. Many of the current theories are based on comparisons between lines of living mammals – monotremes, marsupials and eutherians. One theory proposes that mammary glands evolved from glands that were used to keep the eggs of early mammals moist and free from infection (monotremes still lay eggs). Other theories suggest that early secretions were used directly by hatched young, or that the secretions were used by young to help them orient to their mothers.

Lactation is assumed to have developed long before the evolution of the mammary gland and mammals.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mammary_gland#Evolution

The evolution of se.xual reproduction is a major puzzle. The first fossilized evidence of se.xual reproduction in eukaryotes is from the Stenian period, about 1 to 1.2 billion years ago. There are two main processes during sexual reproduction in eukaryotes: meiosis, involving the halving of the number of chromosomes; and fertilization, involving the fusion of two gametes and the restoration of the original number of chromosomes. During meiosis, the chromosomes of each pair usually exchange genetic information to achieve homologous recombination. Evolutionary thought proposes several explanations for why sexual reproduction developed and why it is maintained. These reasons include fighting the accumulation of deleterious mutations, increasing rate of adaptation to changing environments (see the red queen hypothesis), dealing with competition (see the tangled bank hypothesis) or as an adaptation for repairing DNA damage and masking deleterious mutations. The maintenance of sexual reproduction has been explained by theories that work at several different levels of selection, though some of these models remain controversial. New models presented in recent years, however, suggest a basic advantage for sexual reproduction in slowly reproducing, complex organisms, exhibiting characteristics that depend on the specific environment that the given species inhabit, and the particular survival strategies that they employ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexual_reproduction

I SAY - THAT - the evolution of sexuality in the appearance of the male and female forms and their sexually complimentary attributes particularly in the matter of reproduction, cannot be addressed by evolution, is a major flaw in the theory of evolution, and points to a code of existential forms which governs the appearance and existence of such forms as male and female.

Oh, back to your so-called posers of a few months ago, I guess you missed the part where I addressed and answered the question of gender differentiation in evolution.
Did you truly miss it , or was it too complex for you to digest?
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2013
^^^ You still have said jack sh1t man.

You are just revealing the deep ignorance, and even fear, that makes ignoramuses accept whatsoever proceeds from the mouth of the scientist.

If you will care to stop and do some thinking, you will quickly see that you have been sold a huge dummy here, and that evolution cannot account for the se.xes, and for se.xual reproduction. You can have a look around and do some light reading to boot.

Other than that, you have said one big fat nothing on the subject.

And its your ignorance that is on show here, simple.

And no, you did not address this poser in the prior thread. Go back and read what you wrote, and if you have any integrity, you will be red with horrified shame and embarrassment at yourself, sir.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight: ^^^ You still have said jack sh1t man.

You are just revealing the deep ignorance, and even fear, that makes ignoramuses accept whatsoever proceeds from the mouth of the scientist.

If you will care to stop and do some thinking, you will quickly see that you have been sold a huge dummy here, and that evolution cannot account for the se.xes, and for se.xual reproduction. You can have a look around and do some light reading to boot.

Other than that, you have said one big fat nothing on the subject.

And its your ignorance that is on show here, simple.

And no, you did not address this poser in the prior thread. Go back and read what you wrote, and if you have any integrity, you will be red with horrified shame and embarrassment at yourself, sir.

Well sir, I and the whole world have affirmed, all the technological achievements and breakthroughs have affirmed over and over again, that we would rather throw in our lot with science rather than intuitors, prophets and all other mad men who create gods in their minds.

And besides, you are on record as saying that you ACCEPT some forms of evolution.
That , my friend, show how confused you are about the little knowledge you have on the subject.

2 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 6:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:

Well sir, I and the whole world have affirmed, all the technological achievements and breakthroughs have affirmed over and over again, that we would rather throw in our lot with science rather than intuitors, prophets and all other mad men who create gods in their minds.

And besides, you are on record as saying that you ACCEPT some forms of evolution.
That , my friend, show how confused you are about the little knowledge you have on the subject.

That is no confusion: I am proud to say that I believe that is the hallmark of curiosity, reason, and an inquiring mind. Now you are here effectively stating that you have neither the inclination, nor the aptitude and capacity to question science. The day that becomes true of me, I will commit suicide.

Frankly, your statement infers that all scientific propositions should be wholly accepted without question. A lazier and sadder commentary on any mind, I could not possibly contrive. Effectively, accepting evolution renders that one should not question any aspect of it? Wow. Some scholar!

Look, please if you have nothing to offer here other than lazy non-critical worship of science, there is no need for any discussion with you.

4 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 7:05pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

That is no confusion: I am proud to say that I believe that is the hallmark of curiosity, reason, and an inquiring mind. Now you are here effectively stating that you do not have neither the inclination, nor the aptitude and capacity to question science. The day that becomes true of me, I will commit suicide.

Look, please if you have nothing to offer here other than lazy non-critical worship of science, there is no need for any discussion with you.

Non-critical worship of science?

The scientific explanation for the division in sexes makes perfect sense to me.
If it does not make sense to you, then give a scientific critique, not your wishy washy pontifications that say nothing except to register your non-acceptance .
You have to criticize science with science.

I haven't seen you question how binary codes and algorithmns react with lifeless semi-conductors to produce life-like audio and life-like visual manifestations on your computer or smart phone. After all, it is also very complex, too complex for the average person to understand.
You do not question it because it does not threaten your self-created worldview.

5 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 7:11pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

Frankly, your statement infers that all scientific propositions should be wholly accepted without question.

Do not start the lie again.
I never made such a statement.

You reject the astronomer's proposition that Jupiter is 800 times the size of the earth, you should be at least give a reason , a valid scientific reason why you think it is improbable, rather just shout "impossible , I reject it " simply because your mind cannot grasp the propect of somehting being 800 times the size of the earth.

Question always , but from common sense , not from emotional and intuitive mumbo jumbo.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2013
^^^ You still havent said jack and I am 100 per cent you either did not read the extracts in my OP, or deliberately glossed over them.

Those questions are sources of confusion and controversy even in scientific circles, and only controversial speculations on the answers exist, and have been proferred. There are no scientific explanations resolved. And yet you dare compare these to resolved cast-in-stone science such as computer science or planetary measurements. You are too funny. And too ignorant. Go educate your ignorance on this one.

2 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:
^^^ You still havent said jack and I am 100 per cent you either did not read the extracts in my OP, or deliberately glossed over them.

Those questions are sources of confusion and controversy even in scientific circles, and only controversial speculations on the answers exist, and have been proferred. There are no scientific explanations resolved. And yet you dare compare these to resolved cast-in-stone science such as computer science or planetary measurements. You are too funny. And too ignorant. Go educate your ignorance on this one.

Even if controversial, as you put it, have you educated yourself sufficiently on why it is controversial, or are you just picking the side that validates your worldview?

Wikipaedia does not a scientific education make.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by Nobody: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deepsight is partially right on this. When I tried reading on the topic, I discovered it is still a widely disputed aspect of evolution.

What I however don't agree with is deepsights conclusion that

Deepsight: I SAY - THAT - the evolution of sexuality in the
appearance of the male and female forms and
their sexually complimentary attributes
particularly in the matter of reproduction,
cannot be addressed by evolution, is a major
flaw in the theory of evolution, and points to a code of existential forms which governs the
appearance and existence of such forms as
male and female.

How can you conclude it cannot be addressed by evolution because it hasn't been addressed by evolution and why are you so quick to jump on those dark areas to arrive at conclusions such as the above.

You can as well publish a journal on this code of existential forms that governs the appearance and existence of forms and win yourself the nobel.

Platteon was also spot on in most of his observations. The human mind is generally wired to accept easy solutions such as the one deepsight posited. You don't have to explain anything, just posit that something, somewhere is behind it and the case is "settled".
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by wiegraf: 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2013
Op, why did your god design sexes? There are asexual beings, no? Or does your god have a sex?

And what exactly is your god responsible for? He's responsible for creating the sexes but not for the very flawed female reproductive system, responsible for most deaths through history? Was he trolling females when he put the gspot outside rather than in, or was he doing folk with small pipis a favor?

Godidit
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 8:26pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:

Even if controversial, as you put it, have you educated yourself sufficiently on why it is controversial, or are you just picking the side that validates your worldview?

Wikipaedia does not a scientific education make.

rationalmind: Deepsight is partially right on this. When I tried reading on the topic, I discovered it is still a widely disputed aspect of evolution.

What I however don't agree with is deepsights conclusion that

How can you conclude it cannot be addressed by evolution because it hasn't been addressed by evolution and why are you so quick to jump on those dark areas to arrive at conclusions such as the above.

You can as well publish a journal on this code of existential forms that governs the appearance and existence of forms and win yourself the nobel.

Platteon was also spot on in most of his observations. The human mind is generally wired to accept easy solutions such as the one deepsight posited. You don't have to explain anything, just posit that something, somewhere is behind it and the case is "settled".

The reason I think it is a glaring sore thumb, and the genuine source of the controversies: is the fact that these phenomena are in reality completely outside the purview of the principles girding the Theory of Evolution! Natural selection and mutation of the sort advanced by the Theory of Evolution actually have no bearing whatsoever on these phenomena: and that is the real reason that evolutionists struggle in such wild confusion to force these phenomena under the trappings of evolutionary theory even when the principles of evolution have no bearing on them!

For your deep thinking please:

1. Why were the first unicellular organisms (which supposedly arose spontaenously from some pre biotic soup - [proposition not within ToE]) self replicating organisms at all?

2. If they were not self-replicating organisms, what factor led them to evolve the faculties of self replication at all.

3. If they were not self-replicating in nature, after first coming into existence, then they would have died, and the existence of any other such would depend on fresh flukes supposedly in some pre biotic soups.

4. Why is life self replicating at all? What accounts for this?

5. Further down the evolutionary path (and with great astonishing bounds and leaps of faith, I might add), why did se.xual organisms evolve?

6. In the case of se.xual organisms, which sex evolved first - male or female. Or did they evolve simultaenously, and how and why so? What evolutionary impetus drove this process, what caused this to happen at all. Or did females evolve from males only or males from females only or both from sexually neutral organisms?

7. Is it possible for a sexually neutral organism to evolve into two different and complimentary sexes?

8. Taken that separate sexes emerge, what evolutionary impetus drives and informs the aggregation of reproductive se.men in one sex while simultaneously driving the formation of a se.xual reproductive system complete with a womb in the other sex?

9. Further on, what evolutionary impetus would be responsible for the development of the pe.nis and testicles for the male, and simultaneously form the (admittedly eminently fit for purpose) va.gina and womb for the female?

10. What evolutionary process would cause the bodies to evolve such DNA transfer mechanisms as to be able to create the full copy of a complete creature through a se.xual process? What evolutionary impetus leads to this? What evolutionary explanation would there be for the coming to existence of umbilical cords?

11. What evolutionary pressure at the same time as all this also led to the formation of mammary glands (br.easts) for the female only, suitable for the nutrition of new born babies?

12. Where it is explained that men and women have all the foregoing se.xual differences on account of differences in hormones, what evolutionary explanation is there for the difference in hormones in the first place? And with this last question bear in mind that if they were not male and female already, there would be no separate male and female needs to drive such evolution of separate and different hormonal systems ab initio!

A careful dwelling on each of these questions from the standpoint of the holistic supposed process of evolution - and in line with the principles of evolution as taught, is that which you guys need to do: and therewith see with immediate clarity that which I contend, namely that these are phenomena completely outside the purview of any evolutionary principles whatsoever, which is why they do not have any possible evolutionary explanation.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by Nobody: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
There is really no need for all these. Since you have the answer, publish a journal on that code of existential forms and win yourself the nobel and for once resolve the dispute amongst scientists.

And by the way, does this statement mean anything to you?

The unexplained does not mean the inexplicable

As for the posers, the questions are quite deep and only one with a very good knowledge of evolution can attempt to answer.

Since my knowledge of evolution as evinced by the posers is on the surface, I'm not in a good position to answer.

Hopefully, someone more knowledgeable than I am will.

But then don't forget, publish a journal on that answer you have and resolve the dispute once and for all.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

The reason I think it is a glaring sore thumb, and the genuine source of the controversies: is the fact that these phenomena are in reality completely outside the purview of the principles girding the Theory of Evolution! Natural selection and mutation of the sort advanced by the Theory of Evolution actually have no bearing whatsoever on these phenomena: and that is the real reason that evolutionists struggle in such wild confusion to force these phenomena under the trappings of evolutionary theory even when the principles of evolution have no bearing on them!

1. Why were the first unicellular organisms (which supposedly arose spontaenously from some pre biotic soup - [proposition not within ToE]) self replicating organisms at all?

2. If they were not self-replicating organisms, what factor led them to evolve the faculties of self replication at all.

3. If they were not self-replicating in nature, after first coming into existence, then they would have died, and the existence of any other such would depend on fresh flukes supposedly in some pre biotic soups.

5. Further down the evolutionary path (and with great astonishing bounds and leaps of faith, I might add), why did se.xual organisms evolve?

6. In the case of se.xual organisms, which sex evolved first - male or female. Or did they evolve simultaenously, and how and why so? What evolutionary impetus drove this process, what caused this to happen at all. Or did females evolve from males only or males from females only or both from sexually neutral organisms?

7. Is it possible for a sexually neutral organism to evolve into two different and complimentary sexes?

8. Taken that separate sexes emerge, what evolutionary impetus drives and informs the aggregation of reproductive se.men in one sex while simultaneously driving the formation of a se.xual reproductive system complete with a womb in the other sex?

9. Further on, what evolutionary impetus would be responsible for the development of the pe.nis and testicles for the male, and simultaneously form the (admittedly eminently fit for purpose) va.gina and womb for the female?

10. What evolutionary process would cause the bodies to evolve such DNA transfer mechanisms as to be able to create the full copy of a complete creature through a se.xual process? What evolutionary impetus leads to this? What evolutionary explanation would there be for the coming to existence of umbilical cords?

11. What evolutionary pressure at the same time as all this also led to the formation of mammary glands (br.easts) for the female only, suitable for the nutrition of new born babies?

12. Where it is explained that men and women have all the foregoing se.xual differences on account of differences in hormones, what evolutionary explanation is there for the difference in hormones in the first place? And with this last question bear in mind that if they were not male and female already, there would be no separate male and female needs to drive such evolution of separate and different hormonal systems ab initio!

A careful dwelling on each of these questions from the standpoint of the holistic supposed process of evolution - and in line with the principles of evolution as taught, is that which you guys need to do: and therewith see with immediate clarity that which I contend, namely that these are phenomena completely outside the purview of any evolutionary principles whatsoever, which is why they do not have any possible evolutionary explanation.

Asking questions is a very good start, Deepsight. No one can fault you for that.
The point you and many others miss is that the questions , most anyway, have answers and have been answered.

YOUR problem is the comprehension and acceptance of those answers.
Do not come here to ask scientific questions that already have answers, or accepted theoretical probabilities, when all you have to do is bury yourself into the very subject for any considerable length of time.

You don't seem to get it.
For you to ask these questions obviously means that you have never been exposed to the scientific answers.
So, you have a task ahead of you.

No one in Nl might have the expertise to answer your querries as simply and as elegantly as you would prefer.

Most importanty, just like your previous querries on the subject , it is glaring from your language that you are out to argue against whatever is out there for evolution, albeit with grossly insufficient knowledge.

If you want answers, visit your public library, if such exists in your neck of the woods, enroll in a course on evolutionary biology, or take your sweet time to delligently study the subject.

Your words alone cannot annul the theory, except for the likes of Josh.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by Nobody: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2013
Joshthefirst: Just as I was about to open this kind of thread. Nice.

In over 1.4 million species on earth there is a distinct gender difference; Male and female.
Indeed, just male and female.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:

Asking questions is a very good start, Deepsight. No one can fault you for that.
The point you and many others miss is that the questions , most anyway, have answers and have been answered.

YOUR problem is the comprehension and acceptance of those answers.
Do not come here to ask scientific questions that already have answers, or accepted theoretical probabilities, when all you have to do is bury yourself into the very subject for any considerable length of time.

You don't seem to get it.
For you to ask these questions obviously means that you have never been exposed to the scientific answers.
So, you have a task ahead of you.

No one in Nl might have the expertise to answer your querries as simply and as elegantly as you would prefer.

Most importanty, just like your previous querries on the subject , it is glaring from your language that you are out to argue against whatever is out there for evolution, albeit with grossly insufficient knowledge.

If you want answers, visit your public library, if such exists in your neck of the woods, enroll in a course on evolutionary biology, or take your sweet time to delligently study the subject.

Your words alone cannot annul the theory, except for the likes of Josh.

The bolded is spot on.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Lol. What a satisfactory response. He asks me to visit a library.

Comedian.

How do you know I havent done so already, and therein had these questions unresolved.

O teacher, if you say there are scientific answers, do me a loving brotherly favor and shew them unto me, sir.

What misses you, is that these are firm logical posers that rather show the phenomena to be outside the purview of evolution ab initio.

Reflect:

That an evolutionary process would work on the SAME species to produce the female systems in some and the male systems in the other, complimentary for the purpose of reproduction, is inconceivable in light of the red above.

FINISHER!
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by EvilBrain1(m): 8:58pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

In a perverse sort of way, its hard not to admire the way born again types talk. The way they can make bold, sweeping statements from a position of near total ignorance. I mean, deep sight read a single wikipedia (lol!) article, scratched his head for a few seconds, then concluded that he could overturn the accumulated hundreds of years worth of work done by far smarter people who have dedicated their lives to studying living things in the wild and in the lab.

All the hundreds of grey haired PhDs who've been poring over every published scientific paper looking for holes and flaws couldn't do what deep sight did with just a few minutes and a little wiki reading.

Without having a clue about the biomechanics of sëxual reproduction and the analogous, but massively different process of bacterial conjugation. Without knowing how sëx affects the rate of appearance, competition and combination of mutant genes within a population. Without understanding the differences in DNA and RNA biochemistry in monerans, archeans and eukaryotes. Without doing any sort of comparative molecular genetics study. Without even knowing what sëx is at its most basic level, this guy has managed to debunk everything we know about the science of sexual reproduction.

DeepSight has the confidence of a näked madman catwalking down the street. I wouldn't want to switch places with him, but I'm sure he must feel good!

7 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 9:06pm On Dec 28, 2013
Evil Brain:

In a perverse sort of way, its hard not to admire the way born again types talk.

First off, loser, I am no "born again" - - - and the fact that you would make such an assumption just shows the limits of your mind. You clearly cannot conceive of the existence of any non religious person who has problems with the Theory of Evolution. Some exposure you have then! Poof!

FYI, I am not even remotely religious. I have not subscribed to any religion for over 17 years now. What's more, if you had bothered to read even this thread, you would have noted that I am very much on record on this board as believing in evolution. But of course, such critique from one who accepts the basic ideas of evolution, is obviously beyond your dim witted arrsse.

The way they can make bold, sweeping statements from a position of near total ignorance. I mean, deep sight read a single wikipedia (lol!) article, scratched his head for a few seconds, then concluded that he could overturn the accumulated hundreds of years worth of work done by far smarter people who have dedicated their lives to studying living things in the wild and in the lab.

And of course, you were too daft to recognise that this is a question I have raised before - as I clearly stated so - and not a result of " reading one wikipedia article and scratching my head.

For your information, you sanguine bovine re.tard, the questions raised are, and remain subjects of deep scientific controversy within the scientific community, and no resolved answers to those questions are available anywhere on this planet, you filthy remnant of the faeces of an orangutan.

Do not dare make st.upid presuppositions with me: you will have no traction if you assume that mere anti-religionism is sufficient to ground and establish your intellect.

All the hundreds of grey haired PhDs who've been poring over every published scientific paper looking for holes and flaws couldn't do what deep sight did with just a few minutes and a little wiki reading.

Without having a clue about the biomechanics of sexual reproduction and the analogous, but massively different process of bacterial conjugation. Without knowing how sëx affects the rate of appearance, competition and combination of mutant genes within a population. Without understanding the differences in DNA and RNA biochemistry in monerans, archeans and eukaryotes. Without doing any sort of comparative molecular genetics study. Without even knowing what sëx is at the most basic level, this guy has managed to debunk everything we know about the science of sexual reproduction.

DeepSight has the confidence of a näked madman catwalking down the street. I wouldn't want to switch places with him, but I'm sure it must feel good!

Now STFU and provide me responses to these questions - - - >

Deep Sight:

Olodo.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 9:12pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

That an evolutionary process would work on the SAME species to produce the female systems in some and the male systems in the other, complimentary for the purpose of reproduction, is inconceivable in light of the red above.

FINISHER!

Ha ha.
My dear friend, with all sincerity,
I wish deep thinking was something I could lend to you, even for a short while.
I do not mean that as an insult. I know you are thinker, a respected one here on Nl and I am sure outside.

Sexual differentiation is a simplematter of polarity.
A negatively charged object will obviously behave different than a positively charged object.

Polarity is innate in energy.
Where there is energy, there is polar differentials or differentiation.
These qualities were already embedded in the first proto-cells.
Over time, and through who knows how many processes, the cells divided into polar opposites , we assume, for reproductive efficiency.
The advantages of sexual reproduction over non-sexual reproduction are not in dispute.

These are my own words with what I know.
Read up on it.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2013
Evil Brain:

In a perverse sort of way, its hard not to admire the way born again types talk. The way they can make bold, sweeping statements from a position of near total ignorance. I mean, deep sight read a single wikipedia (lol!) article, scratched his head for a few seconds, then concluded that he could overturn the accumulated hundreds of years worth of work done by far smarter people who have dedicated their lives to studying living things in the wild and in the lab.

Without having a clue about the biomechanics of sëxual reproduction and the analogous, but massively different process of bacterial conjugation. Without knowing how sëx affects the rate of appearance, competition and combination of mutant genes within a population. Without understanding the differences in DNA and RNA biochemistry in monerans, archeans and eukaryotes. Without doing any sort of comparative molecular genetics study. Without even knowing what sëx is at its most basic level, this guy has managed to debunk everything we know about the science of sexual reproduction.

DeepSight has the confidence of a näked madman catwalking down the street. I wouldn't want to switch places with him, but I'm sure he must feel good!

We have to admit, he deserves an award.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by PastorKun(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2013
Deep Sight:

Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by plaetton: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2013
[quote author=Pastor Kun][/quote]

Cheering for the team god, huh?
We understand, and can live with that.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 9:22pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:

Ha ha.
My dear friend, with all sincerity,
I wish deep thinking was something I could lend to you, even for a short while.
I do not mean that as an insult. I know you are thinker, a respected one here on Nl and I am sure outside.

Sexual differentiation is a simplematter of polarity.
A negatively charged object will obviously behave different than a positively charged object.

Polarity is innate in energy.
Where there is energy, there is polar differentials or differentiation.
Over time, and through who knows how many processes, the cells divided into polar opposites , we assume, for reproductive efficiency.
The advantages of sexual reproduction over non-sexual reproduction are not in dispute.

These are my own words with what I know.
Read up on it.

Glibly said without a touch on the evolutionary impetus for such differentiation within the same species. And of course with the shocking assumption that different polarities lead to different se.xualities - and the attendant implications in anatomy? Would you be surprised if I were to show you that this is nowhere proven to be the case? Would you be ready to state which opposites emerged into which sexes?

You don't have the slightest clue what you are talking about, man.

Please answer my 12 questions up there, using the above quote of yours.
Re: The Evolution Of The Sexes And Sexxual Reproduction by DeepSight(m): 9:37pm On Dec 28, 2013
plaetton:

I cannot get over this celestial leap.

And he talks about leaps in logic.

http://jxb.oxfordjournals.org/content/51/346/831.full

Please show me how this leads to evolutionary impetus for the development of separate sexes as per my questions.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Is Jesus Christ Jehovah? / How Can Jesus Be GOD Almighty In The Light Of The Following Verses? / Did Hiv Test,came Out To Be +. Wat Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 168
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.