Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,529 members, 7,888,697 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 01:05 PM

In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend (816 Views)

Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians / Rear-admiral Alison Madueke (rtd) Flies In Legal Team To Defend His Wife Diezani / History Of The Nigerian National Pledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Abbeyme: 2:09am On Dec 30, 2013
We can almost hail to ourselves - Welcome to 2015 !!...

*****Modified*****

Come to think of being PATRIOTIC - without been partisan or ashamed of any prevailing factor, which line or phrase of oue dear Nigerian National Pledge do you really to defend; come rain, come shine in the new year 2015.

1. I pledge to NIGERIA MY COUNTRY

2. To be faithful,

3. loyal

4. and honest,

5. To serve Nigeria with all my strenght;

6. To defend her unity

7. And uphold her honour

8. And Glory

Wait for the Last line.....

9. So, Help me God

The words are a constant reminder of the allegiance we owe.. If you can only play a part in year 2015 and beyond, which part (or line) would that be?
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by suzzyy(f): 6:38am On Dec 30, 2013
So,help me God

1 Like

Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by NosoChic: 7:48am On Dec 30, 2013
suzzyy: So,help me God

Yes na grin SO HELP ME GOD grin
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Bash92(m): 8:12am On Dec 30, 2013
i last recited the pledge when i was in primary school...when i get to secondary school after the usual morning singing & clapping.
I was expecting the national anthem and the pledge to be recited but it wasnt.
Some days later i ask my class teacher why it isnt been recited in the school he said "WHY MAKE A PLEDGE THAT YOU MAY NEVER FULFILL,THERE BY EVEN COMMITTING SIN"
So i dont promise to defend anything in these country atleast for now, may be later sha
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by 9jii(m): 8:42am On Dec 30, 2013
Wish all of em.

1 Like

Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Brimmie(m): 9:47am On Dec 30, 2013
*in aboki's voice*
[size=20]To Defend Her Unity: One Neijiria! Ne Dole Ne![/size]
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 30, 2013
Obsession with aboki, Smh. Is any poking your gf or sis, Or maybe both?

No shame You can tell so i can advice you on a way out grin
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by pazienza(m): 11:15am On Dec 30, 2013
None.
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Abbeyme: 12:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
We can all determine to be loyal to our country.

But WHAT IS LOYALTY?
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Bash92(m): 6:18pm On Dec 30, 2013
Abbeyme: We can all determine to be loyal to our country.

But WHAT IS LOYALTY?
According to Wiki:
Loyalty is faithfulness or a devotion to a person, country, group, or cause. (Philosophers disagree as to what things one can be loyal to. Some, argue that one
can be loyal to a broad range of things, while others
argue that it is only possible for loyalty to be to
another person and that it is strictly interpersonal.)
There are many aspects to loyalty. John Kleinig,
professor of Philosophy at City University of New York , observes that over the years the idea has been treated by writers from Aeschylus through John Galsworthy to Joseph Conrad, by psychologists, psychiatrists, sociologists, scholars of religion, political
economists, scholars of business and marketing, and — most particularly — by political theorists, who deal with it in terms of loyalty oaths and patriotism. As a philosophical concept, loyalty was largely untreated
by philosophers until the work of Josiah Royce, the "grand exception" in Kleinig's words. [1] John Ladd, professor of Philosophy at Brown University writing in the Macmillan Encyclopaedia of Philosophy in 1967,
observes that by that time the subject had received
"scant attention in philosophical literature". This he attributed to "odious" associations that the subject had
with nationalism, including the nationalism of Nazism, and with the metaphysics of idealism, which he characterized as "obsolete". He argued that such
associations were, however, faulty, and that the
notion of loyalty is "an essential ingredient in any civilized and humane system of morals".[2] Kleinig observes that from the 1980s onwards, the subject
gained attention, with philosophers variously relating
it to (amongst other things) professional ethics, whistleblowing, friendship, and virtue theory.[1]
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Abbeyme: 5:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bash92:
According to Wiki:
Loyalty is faithfulness or a devotion to a person, country, group, or cause. (Philosophers disagree as to what things one can be loyal to. Some, argue that one
can be loyal to a broad range of things, while others
argue that it is only possible for loyalty to be to
another person and that it is strictly interpersonal.)
There are many aspects to loyalty. John Kleinig,
professor of Philosophy at City University of New York , observes that over the years the idea has been treated by writers from Aeschylus through John Galsworthy to Joseph Conrad, by psychologists, psychiatrists, sociologists, scholars of religion, political
economists, scholars of business and marketing, and — most particularly — by political theorists, who deal with it in terms of loyalty oaths and patriotism. As a philosophical concept, loyalty was largely untreated
by philosophers until the work of Josiah Royce, the "grand exception" in Kleinig's words. [1] John Ladd, professor of Philosophy at Brown University writing in the Macmillan Encyclopaedia of Philosophy in 1967,
observes that by that time the subject had received
"scant attention in philosophical literature". This he attributed to "odious" associations that the subject had
with nationalism, including the nationalism of Nazism, and with the metaphysics of idealism, which he characterized as "obsolete". He argued that such
associations were, however, faulty, and that the
notion of loyalty is "an essential ingredient in any civilized and humane system of morals".[2] Kleinig observes that from the 1980s onwards, the subject
gained attention, with philosophers variously relating
it to (amongst other things) professional ethics, whistleblowing, friendship, and virtue theory.[1]

Those are the words of Wikipedia.... What do you say?
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Youngzedd(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
To defend Biafra.

Oya crucify me if you can.

It seems the mods are on strike today. No meaningful thread on FP.
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Abbeyme: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2015
Youngzedd:
To defend Biafra.

Oya crucify me if you can.

It seems the mods are on strike today. No meaningful thread on FP.

hahahaha!! But this isn't part of the National Pledge?!
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Abbeyme: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2015
The National Pledge is our promise to the colours!!
Re: In 2015, Which Line Of This National Pledge Do You REALLY Promise To Defend by Abbeyme: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2015
Brimmie:
*in aboki's voice*
[size=20]To Defend Her Unity: One Neijiria! Ne Dole Ne![/size]

Dole ne, mana...

(1) (Reply)

Official CV Confirms Oduah Never Obtained A Masters Degree - Sahara Reporters / Has The National Conference Been Compromised? / Army Clears Side On Brt Rampage Issue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.