Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,297 members, 7,920,102 topics. Date: Tuesday, 13 August 2024 at 07:28 PM

10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers (856 Views)

Quotes That Can Change Your Perspective On Life(pictures) / 30 Famous Quotes That Can Inspire Success In Your Life / Proof That Mermaids ["mami Water"] Do Exist ?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by DonaldGenes(m): 11:05am On Dec 30, 2013
1.The atheist can't find God for the same reason that a thief can't find a policeman.Author Unknown

2.I do not feel obliged to believe that same God who endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect had intended for us to forgo their use.Galileo

3.The worst moment for the atheist is when he is really thankful, and has nobody to thank.Dante Gabriel Rossett

4.We must live with people to know their problem and live with God to solve them

5.My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust? If the whole show was bad and senseless from A to Z, so to speak, why did I, who was supposed to be part of the show, find myself in such a violent reaction against it?... Of course I could have given up my idea of justice by saying it was nothing but a private idea of my own. But if i did that, then my argument against God collapsed too--for the argument depended on saying the world was really unjust, not simply that it did not happen to please my fancies. Thus, in the very act of trying to prove that God did not exist - in other words, that the whole of reality was senseless - I found I was forced to assume that one part of reality - namely my idea of justice - was full of sense. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning: just as, if there were no light in the universe and therefore no creatures with eyes, we should never have known it was dark. Dark would be without meaning.C.S. Lewis

6.Science can tell us how to do many things, but it can not tell us what ought to be done.Author Unknown

7.There are two different kinds of revelation, natural revelation, which we find in the world, and special revelation, which we find in the word of God. A basic rule of Biblical interpretation is that we should always interpret natural revelation through the grid of special revelation, that is the word of God. We don't look at the world and then say this is truth, therefore we must conform the Scriptures to what we see. This view is a deadly mistake and would lead to atheism. I interpret science through the lens of the word of God, which presupposes the truth of Genesis 1-3. There is no evidence of higher value or authority than the word of God.Gene Cook

8.I was at this time of living, like so many Atheists or Anti-theists, in a whirl of contradictions. I maintained that God did not exist. I was also very angry with God for not existing. I was equally angry with Him for creating a world.C.S. Lewis
9.If God were small enough to be understood, He would not be big enough to be worshiped.Evelyn Underhill

10.There are no ordinary people.. it is immortals whom we joke with, work with, marry, snub, and exploit.C.S. Lewis
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by Taeewo(m): 11:08am On Dec 30, 2013
K
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by akposking(m): 11:11am On Dec 30, 2013
Oya pagan come and read and decide.?
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by stefikal(f): 11:16am On Dec 30, 2013
No 3 and 9...
smiley
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by Canine1(m): 11:24am On Dec 30, 2013
Pls edit or remove No2. . or u dont know what u're quoting. .
NB: God is not a Noun.
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by DonaldGenes(m): 1:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
Can!ne:
Pls edit or remove No2. . or u dont know what u're quoting. .
NB: God is not a Noun.

Done, I was kind distracted though, i was preaching to some Atheist on Twitter, those guys are like hardened criminal
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by Emmyk(m): 2:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
No 3. Touching.
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by DonaldGenes(m): 2:39pm On Dec 30, 2013
Emmyk: No 3. Touching.

Certainly it is
Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by Ifyx(m): 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Hit 'like' if u knw God exists

2 Likes

Re: 10powerful Wording Quotes That Proof That There Is God,meant For Unbelievers by DonaldGenes(m): 12:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ifyx: Hit 'like' if u knw God exists

Over 'like' the worry me sef?

3Billion likes

(1) (Reply)

*TWO planted Bombs Discovered In Mpape (bwari Area Council) Abuja This Morning* / Why Are Most Poor People So Stupid? / Seun, Please Bring Back My Username!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.