Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,134 members, 7,883,945 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 07:27 PM

How Would You Derive A Moral Code From The Bible: The Case Against Killing - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Would You Derive A Moral Code From The Bible: The Case Against Killing (712 Views)

Morality Demands A Moral Law Giver / Is the Bible, the words of God or the words of men about God? / Bible The Biggest Liar And Contradiction ever produce In the History Of Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Would You Derive A Moral Code From The Bible: The Case Against Killing by huxley(m): 2:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
How do we know killing other humans is morally wrong? Supposing you wanted to derive a moral code based on the bible, which of the following you you consider morally good and why?

Exodus 20:
13 Thou shall not kill

Exodus 31:
15 For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death.

Numbers 15:
32 While the Israelites were in the desert, a man was found gathering wood on the Sabbath day. 33 Those who found him gathering wood brought him to Moses and Aaron and the whole assembly, 34 and they kept him in custody, because it was not clear what should be done to him. 35[b] Then the LORD said to Moses, "The man must die. The whole assembly must stone him outside the camp.[/b]" 36 So the assembly took him outside the camp and stoned him to death, as the LORD commanded Moses.

Matthew 5
17"Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19Anyone who breaks one of the least of these commandments and teaches others to do the same will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.

(1) (Reply)

The Present Truth. / Church Cures Hiv - We Want To Hear Your Stories / Help I Am Confuse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.