Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,268 members, 7,964,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 02 October 2024 at 09:33 AM

Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... (1694 Views)

Common Misconceptions Most Guys Have About Dating / Why Are Most Guys Unfaithful Even When They Have Loyal Or Beautiful Girlfriends? / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by marvelck: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
Learnt most guys are scared of marrying successful single ladies, especially if the girl rides a jeep, owns her own house/property, and seem to be doing quite well on her own. Most guys tend to find such girls intimidating and difficult to handle or be with, according to some girls. And as a result, some of them (single girls) prefer to be quiet about their achievements or investment, and also buy/ride small cars, so as to not to scare away potential suitors. Ngbo, is it true? Cos I don't see anything wrong in dating and getting married to a successful lady. Such a girl could even help to push or motivate her husband to greater height. Especially if she's a good woman. But if that's the case, then girls should make everything about their success low key and better their chances of getting married!

Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by Dyt(f): 2:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
Na wa for our men o
They so quick to tag us lazy and same time this
Confused mofo
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by eluquenson(m): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2013
They most likely lack commitment
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by timwezzb(m): 2:38pm On Dec 30, 2013
marvelck: Learnt most guys are scared of marrying successful single ladies, especially if the girl rides a jeep, owns her own house/property, and seem to be doing quite well on her own. Most guys tend to find such girls intimidating and difficult to handle or be with, according to some girls. And as a result, some of them (single girls) prefer to be quiet about their achievements or investment, and also buy/ride small cars, so as to not to scare away potential suitors. Ngbo, is it true? Cos I don't see anything wrong in dating and getting married to a successful lady. Such a girl could even help to push or motivate her husband to greater height. Especially if she's a good woman. But if that's the case, then girls should make everything about their success low key and better their chances of getting married!

Ur Should be "why do real men not like Marrying Surger-Mummy's" ?
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by woky: 2:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dyt: Na wa for our men o
They so quick to tag us lazy and same time this
Confused mofo
Lolz

are you richer dan ur guy
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by Dyt(f): 2:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
woky: Lolz

are you richer dan ur guy

Am nt rich bt nt lazy
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by woky: 3:16pm On Dec 30, 2013
Dyt:

Am nt rich bt nt lazy
Good for you
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by slery(m): 8:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
eluquenson: They most likely lack commitment
Try me and feel what u have been twitching
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by eluquenson(m): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
slery: Try me and feel what u have been twitching
Are you "homo"
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by chikeorji123(m): 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2013
Scare of who? my dear they lack humility and respect that's all..

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by just2endowed: 11:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
chikeorji123: Scare of who? my dear they lack humility and respect that's all..

seconded
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by Caracta(f): 12:17am On Dec 31, 2013
Any guy that is scared of marrying a successful single lady with good manners is suffering from low self-esteem.
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by princeuzoh: 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2014
am not scared and wouldnt mind marrying one, provided she is well mannered.
08105719317: 08093943996:
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by vocalprince(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2014
princeuzoh: am not scared and wouldnt mind marrying one, provided she is well mannered.
08105719317: 08093943996:

Na rich woman konji go kpai U o!! If U see any of them abeg run ka ahapu iji gi tuo utu!!! A word they say is enough for the wise(uche gi odikwa ya??).
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by addictiv(m): 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2014
Most women in such high level hierarchy dont take guys who re below them in style n status seriously. Some just know how to squash the little pride the guy has by talking him down because she has a higher ground. Its really rare to see a good humble woman who is successful n doesn't allow her status to affect the way she treats people.
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by addictiv(m): 9:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Caracta: Any guy that is scared of marrying a successful single lady with good manners is suffering from low self-esteem.
Guys warming up to her may just be after her riches. In marring a lady from a rich n successful background there alot of things to consider. No man wants to end up as an errand boy to his wife n inlaws.

2 Likes

Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by vivaciousvivi(f): 10:42pm On Jan 02, 2014
Someone actually alluded that all successful and rich women should be called "sugar mummies" and hence the topic should be changed.
The OP made it clear that women who fall in the afore-mentioned category are better in suceeding at relationships and getting married if they tone down and pretend as to the values of their net worth.
Admit it little boys, you all have a serious EGO problem! undecided
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by tayoxx(m): 10:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
addictiv: Most women in such high level hierarchy dont take guys who re below them in style n status seriously. Some just know how to squash the little pride the guy has by talking him down because she has a higher ground. Its really rare to see a good humble woman who is successful n doesn't allow her status to affect the way she treats people.
thats d fact...its always "not up to my standard"
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jan 02, 2014
Well u cant blame them,they got dia own reason for that nd itz has some atom of sense in it
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by vislabraye(m): 11:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
There was a woman who said, " I have my own house and my car, what do I need a man for?"
Some of them do have this mindset. It is rare for U to find a very successful woman who is mEek and willing to submit to a man. Its not only men who have ego.
Re: Why Most Guys Are Scared Of Marrying Successful Single Ladies... by edoyad(m): 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Who said it's guys who don't like marrying successful women? May be It's the other way round, successful women don't like getting married, period.
If that is the case, may be it has to do with the home keeping. I don't know any successful person these days(male or female) who would want to quit their burgeoning careers for the sake of marriage. Most guys know this.
It is expected that the responsibility of keeping the home is the job of the less financially successful spouse. This used to be female spouse, but I guess things are changing too fast for many guys

(1) (Reply)

6 Manly Qualities In Men That Women Absolutely Dig ⁠ / 7 Things Never To Do When Relationships End / Which Is Harder To Find, A Dream Wife Or A Dream Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.