Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,724 members, 7,879,144 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 01:18 PM

The Essence Of Romance - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Essence Of Romance (2827 Views)

What Is Really The Essence Of Sex In A Relationship??? / What Is The Essence Of Dating? / Whats The Essence Of Been A Virgin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Essence Of Romance by Orikinla(m): 2:59pm On Aug 05, 2008
Having a romantic thought is very healthy as long as your fixation is not on a married person or the orgy of a party.
Having romantic thoughts will boost your state of mind.

Most people on Nairaland mistake Romance for only relationships. But romance means more than relationships.
Being romantic means more than dating and mating.
While I am alone in my bedroom, I am thinking of how the people in Bangladesh are faring and wishing good thoughts for them.

As an artist and a poet, I celebrate the romance of life, the romance of nature, the romance of our existence.
Beauty inspires me and love elates me.
A walk at the beach and appreciating the scenery is very romantic.
Looking at the sunrise or sunset is very romantic.

Panting after a pretty and sexy woman is not romantic, but pathetic, because anything that makes you sweat is not romantic.
A romantic thought and romantic act will reduce stress at home and at work.
Most of my mates in age look like they about to retire, but I look ten years younger and I have the energy of those who are ten years younger than me.
No stress. Relax more and have good wishes for others.

Listening to good Jazz or classical music in your bedroom is very romantic.

When you say I am a romatic poet, most people jump to the conclusion that you write love poems.
How many love poems did the great Romantic Poets write?
Go and read William Blake, Lord Byron, William Wordsworth, Samuel Coleridge, Percy B. Shelley, John Keats, Matthew Arnold,  John Clare and others.

First it is a waste of time discussing romance with an intellectual illiterate.
Most of what I am reading on this board is not romance, but exhibitions of the animal instinct for warmth, mating and breeding.

Romance means more than "How do I talk to a girl?" or "I love Angelina" carnal thoughts mistaken and misinterpreted as romance.   

Hello!
The dialectics of romance is based on the dialectics of life.
Note that:

One--Every thing (every object and every process) is made of opposing forces/opposing sides.

Two--Gradual changes lead to turning points, where one opposite overcomes the other.

Three--Change moves in spirals, not circles.

Taking a walk with a toddler in the garden and talking about the sunflowers or roses is more of romance than luring a woman into a garden and smooching her.

The misunderstanding of romance is common these days, because we are living in interesting times when psychedelic pop culture is the order of the day.

What most women want in their own perception of romance is to be loved by a man and to them being loved means having sex.

If you spend days with your girlfriend and simply reading and listening to the audio tapes of Percy Bysshe Shelley' "Prometheus Unbound" or Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner", and you leave without having sex, I bet you that she would hiss and tell her fellow intellectual illiterates that you were not romantic.

When I tell my beloved I love her, she knows fully well what I mean is not the smooching and shagging   but the appreciation of who she is and the beauty of her innate nature.

Romance is imperishable, because it is the immortal essence of existence.
It is life after life.

Admiring a pregnant African woman with a toddler by her side is very romantic.
Childbirth is very romantic.
Seeing village kids with pots on their heads going and returning from the stream is as romantic as seeing the village maidens doing the same thing.
Life is romance and romance is life.

True romance is not another carnal relationship with the opposite sex, but the love for life in nature, for the love for nature is the truest form of romance in our existence.

In fact, romance is more spiritual than being physical.

Saying a prayer for peace is as romantic as saying a prayer for your sweetheart.

Re: The Essence Of Romance by segzicres(m): 3:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
quite educational but too long.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Moyola(f): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2008
your point xactly is? undecided

Anywayz,

itz a good say of your perception of Romance,  . . . . . . . awwww!!! so romantic!!

Yeah,

there's more to been Romantic / Romance than it seems.

You an artist and a poet, can i hv sum of your wrk? wink
Re: The Essence Of Romance by iice(f): 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2008
undecided
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Orikinla(m): 3:23pm On Aug 05, 2008
Romance takes you to another level of the appreciation of life.
Moyola:

your point xactly is? undecided

Anywayz,

itz a good say of your perception of Romance, . . . . . . . awwww!!! so romantic!!

Yeah,

there's more to been Romantic / Romance than it seems.

You an artist and a poet, can i hv sum of your wrk? wink

My artworks are available for viewing in Lagos and the poems are posted on my forum.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Tgirl4real(f): 3:26pm On Aug 05, 2008
I really feel you and i quite appreciate what you posted. Most people don't appreciate what you just put up. They prefer to do hit and run.  smiley
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Moyola(f): 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2008
Orikinla:

Romance takes you to another level of the appreciation of life.

I'm rily learnin sumtin!!

Bring it on Orikinla!!!  wink

mind sharing sum of ur poetry?
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Gamine(f): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2008
smiley embarassed smiley
Re: The Essence Of Romance by iice(f): 3:29pm On Aug 05, 2008
rofl
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Orikinla(m): 3:36pm On Aug 05, 2008
Moyola:

I'm rily learnin sumtin!!

Bring it on Orikinla!!! wink

mind sharing sum of your poetry?

May I resist the temptation to post my poems here, because it would distract our attention from the purpose of the topic.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Moyola(f): 3:40pm On Aug 05, 2008
Re: The Essence Of Romance by SOJ(m): 3:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
@poster
so artfully poetic!

do u really blive it sha? tongue
Re: The Essence Of Romance by spikedcylinder: 3:47pm On Aug 05, 2008
Orikinla:

Having a romantic thought is very healthy as long as your fixation is not on a married person or the orgy of a party.

But, but err. . . whats wrong with a party? undecided embarassed undecided

grin
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Gamine(f): 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nothing's wrong with this one grin kiss grin
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Tgirl4real(f): 4:18pm On Aug 05, 2008
You guys are something else. This is a lovely piece jare and it isn't funny.

@ poster,

Kindly post d link to your site. thanks
Re: The Essence Of Romance by abikelat(f): 5:07pm On Aug 05, 2008
Nawa o this story too long nah. I no even fit read am finsh
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Tobiegal(f): 5:11pm On Aug 05, 2008
Kudos to u dude,

U piece is realy an eye opener, a very differnt view 4rm wot is predominate,

guess, i feel ur pieceeeee,
Re: The Essence Of Romance by NegroNtns(m): 5:42pm On Aug 05, 2008
@Post,
Oriki, this is more than nice, this is more than excellent, this is an inspired message from the depths of places where no mind has the breadth of imagination to reach. My hats off to you! I almost want to say you are writing about Negro's romances :-)

Its not uncommon for me to tell a strange woman how beautiful she look, or how nice her dress look, or how I like her hairdo. By her coming out beautifully dressed she is sharing with me an aesthetic value that in itself enriches my soul to behold upon. Our senses are irritated by ugliness; so is our soul. So I must return the kindness by uttering from my tongue words of aesthetic balance that pleases her sense and soul. She is encouraged, she feels empowered to transmit her feminism, which is a wave, a radiance of pure magnetic power. My action is not flirting, its admiration for the best of the best in all of God's creations on earth.

My recommendation to Seun and the moderators will be to lock your piece in as a preamble at the entrance to this Romance section.

Women pay attention to Oriki, that's the kind of man you want by your side.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Queenisha: 5:44pm On Aug 05, 2008
I wish there were more men like Orikinla Osinachi.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Busybody2(f): 5:51pm On Aug 05, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

@Post,
Oriki, this is more than nice, this is more than excellent, this is an inspired message from the depths of places where no mind has the breadth of imagination to reach. My hats off to you! I almost want to say you are writing about Negro's romances :-)

Its not uncommon for me to tell a strange woman how beautiful she look, or how nice her dress look, or how I like her hairdo. By her coming out beautifully dressed she is sharing with me an aesthetic value that in itself enriches my soul to behold upon. Our senses are irritated by ugliness; so is our soul. So I must return the kindness by uttering from my tongue words of aesthetic balance that pleases her sense and soul. She is encouraged, she feels empowered to transmit her feminism, which is a wave, a radiance of pure magnetic power. My action is not flirting, its admiration for the best of the best in all of God's creations on earth.

My recommendation to Seun and the moderators will be to lock your piece in as a preamble at the entrance to this Romance section.

Women pay attention to Oriki, that's the kind of man you want by your side.

I concur
Re: The Essence Of Romance by LASIEFAIRE(m): 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2008
good post. great post.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Alapomeji1: 6:31pm On Aug 05, 2008
walahi Gud post fa. cheesy

wish i could think n write like dis. undecided
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Orikinla(m): 7:32pm On Aug 05, 2008
Thanks for reading and your contributions to the progress of the subject.

Tgirl4real:

You guys are something else. This is a lovely piece jare and it isn't funny.

@ poster,

Kindly post d link to your site. thanks

I have a policy not to link to any of my sites from Nairaland or Naijarules, because I have been falsely accused of looking for traffic when I linked to my sites, so I deleted them and asked the Admin to delete any links to my sites and even asked him to remove my e-mail.

I am here, because I love the lucid posts I read on Nairaland. 
Both the subjective and objective posts are lively, including the YABIS too.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Tgirl4real(f): 8:04pm On Aug 05, 2008
So, how do I get your site now? Do a google search abi? At least give a lead. Haba!!!
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Orikinla(m): 8:22pm On Aug 05, 2008
They are 37 sites and one Online Cinema
Tgirl4real:

So, how do I get your site now? Do a google search abi? At least give a lead. Haba!!!
NigerianTimes would do.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by NegroNtns(m): 10:57pm On Aug 05, 2008
Oriki, are you married or in a promising relationship ? I think TGirl is interested in your works, she is a fan. Reach out to her. TGirl, check his profile if he has a email link, no waste time, hit the guy up abeg! grin
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Nobody: 1:35am On Aug 06, 2008
Now this is more like it.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Orikinla(m): 9:30am On Aug 06, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Oriki, are you married or in a promising relationship ? I think TGirl is interested in your works, she is a fan. Reach out to her. TGirl, check his profile if he has a email link, no waste time, hit the guy up abeg! grin

I will only give private details by e-mail.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Moyola(f): 9:33am On Aug 06, 2008
Hmmmn Hmmmn!! lipsrsealed
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Tgirl4real(f): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Lol.

Thanks Oriki. I found it finally. Yipee!! grin

I do hope i find more poems like this and not NEWS. You get what I mean?? wink
Re: The Essence Of Romance by Obele: 10:49am On Aug 06, 2008
My bros,
I love what u posted , it,s very nice. More grease to your elbows.
Re: The Essence Of Romance by DamiD: 1:54pm On Nov 04, 2008
This is a great piece Oriki.

Please keep it up.

(1) (2) (Reply)

[poem For Review] I Miss You! - A Poem To My Future Wife! / Photo: When You Meet The Right Woman... See What She Can Do To You ! / Me And My Beautiful Girlfriend Sitting On My Big Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.