Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,322 members, 7,888,008 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 05:33 PM

How Do You Handle Insults While Driving - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How Do You Handle Insults While Driving (1354 Views)

How To Handle A Tyre Burst While Driving At Top Speed (Photos) / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / When You Hit Or Kill Someone While Driving: What's The Right Thing To Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by XLR8(m): 4:42pm On Dec 30, 2013
There are certainly these times when you are engaged in a fracas and insult bouts with other motorists. Some even go to the extent of alighting from the car and engage in a fight feist with the fellow motorists or even more than one ah!!! Just remembered my friend's father.
. So while driving either you are at fault or not, do you tolerate insults or not? Do you even apologize? Worse still, do you fight? When you fight, do,you put off your clothes or not? Kidding! In short how do you handle the insults?
. Women won't fight though. I think
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by 3coins(m): 4:46pm On Dec 30, 2013
dnt make a sound...jst throw d person "waka" nd keep driving angry

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by Nobody: 5:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
Most times when m in d car and my mum is driving, other drivers throw insults at her even when they are d ones at fault. she always ignore their nasty insults and it pains me. So I simply do scream: "Thunder Fire U" at the drivers grin Some times I give them a "waka" and add "Your Mama"

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by Exponental(m): 6:33pm On Dec 30, 2013
There is something we call polite questions e.g are u ok sir?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by 3coins(m): 8:54pm On Dec 30, 2013
Exponental: There is something we call polite questions e.g are u ok sir?
grin
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by Nobody: 9:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
I always ignore them and concentrate on my driving.
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by XLR8(m): 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
ibrodex: I always ignore them and concentrate on my driving.

LEARNER!! JUST KIDDING. TIS GOOD

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by ade2008(m): 11:44am On Jan 01, 2014
i just ignore and concentrate on my driving since i knew that there so many mad drivers on Nigerian roads. you have to be yourself in taking insult
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by Lagusta(m): 12:58pm On Jan 02, 2014
if I'm at fault, I apologize.....

if what the driver Did was tolerable, I'll just ignore....

if he/She Did something bad, I'll just caution him/her....

but if he Did something really stup!d....... angry
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by lonelydora: 8:34pm On Jan 02, 2014
Exponental: There is something we call polite questions e.g are u ok sir?

Just wondering if this works on Nigerian road? If the driver did something nasty, I will just yell "u dey mad" or " if you try this again, I go flog you on this road". They will be like "sorry sir" because of the NAVY sticker on my windshield.
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by MightyThor(m): 4:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
Just remembered this particular day, was driving home after an unusually stressful day in the field and my temper was just hanging by a thread. Normally am a cool person while driving, but that day on a particular bad stretch of road a woman in front of me decided to stop at the only reasonable portion of the road to price tomatoes. angry

well i was really surprised at myself, after honking twice i gently came down from my car, making sure i blocked the remaining portion, approached the lady and let go of my temper. Naturally she responded back, i am ashamed to say i let her have it hot that day and as expected other drivers behind me joined in the fray when she tried to prove stubborn after the washing down i gave her. she shamefully had to leave the tomatoes and screeched off. I did get some reprimands for having such a nasty mouth.

Funny enough i did not mind the reprimands as i feel good and upbeat after the confrontation and smiled all the way home.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by Tolexander: 8:12pm On Jan 03, 2014
I do return the insult in kind.
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 04, 2014
XLR8: There are certainly these times when you are engaged in a fracas and insult bouts with other motorists. Some even go to the extent of alighting from the car and engage in a fight feist with the fellow motorists or even more than one ah!!! Just remembered my friend's father.
. So while driving either you are at fault or not, do you tolerate insults or not? Do you even apologize? Worse still, do you fight? When you fight, do,you put off your clothes or not? Kidding! In short how do you handle the insults?
. Women won't fight though. I think
When at fault I apologies. If the other way round, ignore d other driver and zoom off.
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by Trottle: 10:24am On Jan 04, 2014
While driving, due to me being in my late teens driving LEGALLY ( which is not so common in Nigeria) some drivers would want to hurl abusive jokes and insult but many a times I do give them a wash down and when am at fault I apologise but some stubborn drivers would still continue to insult and I would stop apologising and start insulting also without any fear. He has mouth I also have, he has hands I also have. Whatever dimension they take am always ready and at this junction they do respect themselves. They always want to take advantage of teens and women, but not me o!
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by XLR8(m): 12:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Tolexander: I do return the insult in kind.

TOLEXANDER..MUST YOU LIE?..THE SISSY CANT DRIVE O!!
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by XLR8(m): 12:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Trottle: While driving, due to me being in my late teens driving LEGALLY ( which is not so common in Nigeria) some drivers would want to hurl abusive jokes and insult but many a times I do give them a wash down and when am at fault I apologise but some stubborn drivers would still continue to insult and I would stop apologising and start insulting also without any fear. He has mouth I also have, he has hands I also have. Whatever dimension they take am always ready and at this junction they do respect themselves. They always want to take advantage of teens and women, but not me o!

am driving illegally
Re: How Do You Handle Insults While Driving by doofanc: 10:29am On Jan 05, 2014
why do drivers like giving the "five fingers" as a form of insult?

(1) (Reply)

As The New Tariff Starts Today July 1st _ What Are The Alternatives / How To Adjust Car Headlights (Photos) / Car Tracking Technology Service Provider

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.