Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,930 members, 7,909,464 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 06:02 AM

To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story (987 Views)

Tarasha - (An Action Thriller) - Story Of The Month - January 2016 / An Evening With Eva (2013 Triple Award Winner in Crime. Thriller. Action.) / NYSC: National Year Of Sex And Comfort <<<Adventure of the year: 2013 Awards >>> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by Lucario007(m): 7:30pm On Dec 30, 2013
With the rising popularity of this genre on this site, I believe it's my turn to take a go. I'm no professional writer but I'll do my best.

All rights reserved.
No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form either written or photocopy without prior written approval of the author.
Any resemblance to any character living or dead, fictional or real is purely coincidental and was not intended by the author.
You can reach the author via email on awesomekelechi@gmail.com
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by Lucario007(m): 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2013
~Prologue~

Darkness.
It was all I could see.

Mummuring.
It was all I could hear.

Cold. So, so very cold, it was so cold it burned!
That, was all I could feel.

Wait, I'm forgetting something.
Yes, thats right, it was something important.

Pain. The Pain washed over my body like a backhanded slap from a giant, eliminating the cold i had felt.
My entire body arched and shook violently, my mouth widened in a silent scream, yet not a sound escaped my lips. My lungs burned as though i had gulped down a sea of hot water, and my veins felt as though acid was pumping at a high velocity throughout my bloodstream. I could hear my heart pounding at an accelerated rate, blocking out the murmurings I had heard earlier. I clenched my fists, grit my teeth, wondering just what was going on, and wishing, oh so wishing that the pain would go away.

Then as quickly as it came, it vanished. My body froze up and stayed as rigid as a rock, refusing to answer my mental commands.
Mental commands? Yes, it came back to me what had happened.

My name.... my name..... I couldn't remember. No matter how hard I tried, it escaped my memory.
I tried again to remember something, anything! But no,all I could draw up was a blank.
All I could remember was a word, a single word which made no sense to me in my predicament.
Cataclysm - a violent upheaval that causes great destruction or brings about a fundamental change.
I tried harder to find something else, but that was it - that single word was all that was left.
Suddenly I could feel my mind hit a familiar feeling of ataraxia, I know not how, nor not when, but all I remember was my mind succumbing to the darkness.

Once again, that was all I could see.
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by joywendy(f): 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
nice! #following thread
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by Lucario007(m): 11:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
Chapter 1

The tires of the black four-wheeled Land Rover screeched to a halt after speeding through the open black gate of a large house compound. The compound had milk-coloured walls with barbed wires surrounding it, a swimming pool, a small garden and was covered with neatly trimmed hedges adding decor to the grey cemented ground. Without a moment of pause, each of the doors opened the minute the engine of the car was turned off.
"We did it boss!!!"
"Viper is the boss!"
Similar cheers filled the air as the group within the car emerged, revealing men and women, dressed in black shirts and combat camouflage pants, black masks and all heavily armed with assault rifles and the ever popular Avtomat Kalashnikova 47. The most prominent thing about the group however was the large ghana-must-go which their leader, the one known as Viper was holding. Viper was taller than most, having a ripped body with bulging muscles and a scar going diagonally across his face.
"All right guys! That was a smooth job, lets meet the boss and spread the loot!" he barked out, his voice echoing around the group of six men and women which sent them into another fit of cheers.
The group swiftly moved into the large mansion through the large wooden mahogany door, making way across a hallway before entering a plain living room. Though plain, the living room was furbished beautifully. Waiting for them was a young man in a smart gray business suit and tie, he sat with the poise of a prince- with his left leg crossed over the right, a dark fedora covering his thick unkempt shroud of black hair, and a pair of sunglasses hiding his eyes from view.
In his hand was a glass of martini which he shook slowly before taking a light sip, his lips barely touching the chilled glass.
"Report" he spoke slowly, but his voice held no room for argument. No room for failure.
"Oga- I mean boss, it was all as you said, we followed your instructions and robbed the bank for every dime it was worth" the scarred man known as Viper stated before dropping the large ghana-must-go in front of their boss. He unzipped it, revealing wads upon wads of dollars within it.
Slowly, the fedora clad man peered into the bag, and even he couldn't stop the twitch at his lips as his face contorted into wicked smirk.
"Excellently done Viper, it seems I was right to put my trust in you and your group. This calls for celebration." He spoke out loud, making the rest of the group giddy with happiness.

Snapping his fingers, a butler appeared with an expensive looking bottle of wine.

"Domaine de la Romanee-Conti Romanee-Conti Grand Cru, Cote de Nuits." he spoke in an exotic manner as the wine was opened and poured into various glasses. "Made in France, my personal favourite and one of the most expensive wine in the world. Gentlemen and Ladies, tonight we dine in another world!" he exclaimed exuberantly and followed with a round of cheers, everyone took their drinks and settled down, all eager to share the money.
The fedora clad man took his seat and sipped his drink before looking directly at his watch.
"Il est fini." The minute he spoke those words, all six of the hired armed robbers began shaking violently and clutching at their stomachs, finding themselves unable to move much less speak. In seconds, they where on the ground writhing in pain.
Viper looked up from his position on the ground, though in pain, he glared heatedly at the fedora clad man. "YOU BASTARD! Why?! We worked hard for you! Obeyed you!! How could you betray us like that!!" he roared out.
The man in the fedora merely gave a hollow laugh, he got up and picked the ghana-must-go, and began leaving, after he had taken his first few steps, he turned around and smirked.
"It was quite easy actually, remember I did say you would dine in another world." He moved on, ignoring the grunts from his former acquaintance.
"Yes, tonight, you dine in hell. Remember to say hi to the devil for me." As soon as the Fedora clad man slammed the door behind the dying Viper, the robber could hear a faint beeping sound which got louder and louder with each passing minute. Viper's eyes widened in shock and surprise when he saw a large device with an LED screen counting down from five.... four.... three...
"Sh~t! DAMN YOU-!!" But it was far, far too late.
BOOM!!
A mighty explosion rocked the entire building, the resulting shockwave causing an earthshaking tremor, as glass and debris where sent flying in all directions and causing a cloud of black smoke to rise into the air. Nearby pedestrians where sent flying and had to dodge for cover to avoid flying debris and the shockwave cracked glass from neighboring windows, screens and cars, causing car alarms to go blaring off in the aftermath. The hot air from the blast could be felt far and wide, however with the resulting explosion, no one payed any attention to the BMW 5 series vehicle which zoomed away from the scene of the crime at astounding speeds.
'Mission Complete. Even if they somehow survived the explosion, the hydrogen cyanide which was poisoned on their glass should kill them eventually.' The Fedora clad man thought as he looked in the mirror to see his prize, a ghana-must-go filled to the brim with money resting on the back seat, it brought a smile to his face. The number one rule was simple- leave no evidence, no traces and no clues and no witnesses.
'Phase One Complete.'
This was a game, a game with the most dangerous players in the world. So far the first move had been made, and now it was time to see the opponents reaction.
This was a game, in which only the strongest would survive.

Chapter 1 End

1 Like

Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by Lucario007(m): 11:55pm On Dec 30, 2013
joywendy: nice! #following thread
Thanks! Welcome aboard my first follower!
Pls feel free to correct me on any mistakes i might have made or to improve on any lacking grammar! cheesy
Next chapter is currently loading....
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by D9ty7(m): 8:34am On Dec 31, 2013
Second to comment.
This story promises to be mind blowing.
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by Lucario007(m): 8:45am On Dec 31, 2013
D9ty7: Second to comment.
This story promises to be mind blowing.

Thanks bro, it means a lot! Welcome aboard!
Next chapter will be posted immediately
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by Lucario007(m): 9:56am On Dec 31, 2013
Chapter 2

"We interrupt this program to bring you a breaking news bulletin...".
Agent Norton sighed as he turned of the television, he had already seen the news and there was no need repeating it.
First, it was a bank robbery which had gone so smoothly that the police officials where only informed of the robbery, five minutes after it had taken place. The group had found a way into the bank from an underground sewer route, and from there they had robbed it clean.

Now said robbers were found dead, their bodies unrecognisable from the explosion of C4; and the money was nowhere to be found.
There were no clues, no hints whatsoever. The group of armed robbers where a bunch of immigrants who had come from Nigeria and as such, they had no background to start from and no leads to follow unless they were willing to travel to Nigeria - which was out of their jurisdiction.

However, Norton had something else bothering him... he knew it was a mistake, he knew it was dangerous but the organisation had insisted.
Now it was coming back to bite them in the as$.

Agent Jay.

He was their finest Agent, he had mastered the martial arts and the art weaponry like no other. He had a genius I.Q. with a photographic memory making him the finest agent the Agency had ever produced.

Downside? He disagreed with the views of their superiors and never did things by the book, always causing trouble for the Agency in his views and beliefs. Sadly, the Agency wanted a tool, an obedient tool that would serve no purpose but obey his master's every command.

Jay was not that tool. And as such, was sent on a suicide mission to Nigeria, where it was believed he would meet his end.

What a mistake that had been.
He was snapped out from his reminiscence when the door opened to reveal a man in a sharp business suit, flanked on all sides by heavily armed looking body guards.

Now was not the time for old memories. Now, was the time to do his duty.

"Mr. Mikhail, pleasure to meet you" he said in a friendly manner as he moved forward, but was quickly intercepted by bodyguards who began searching him for any possible weapons. Once it was confirmed that he had no weapons on his person he was greeted in turn.

"Mr. Anthony is it? I am a very busy man who does not have time for chit-chat. Tell me the reason you have brought me here, as my bank was just robbed of sixty million dollars and I have more important things to do". He spoke firmly with a tone filled with obvious irritation and impatience.

"Yes, my condolences to your loss..." he spoke in a tone which clearly said 'I don't give a damn'. "...however the case may be, my associates have come across the information that your company deals with some slightly shady dealings and has been exporting a huge deal of weapons to Germany, Russia and China. The amount you export is astounding enough, and quite frankly my associates and I are willing to strike a deal".

"What deal?" he asked suspiciously.
"Simple. You sell to us eighty percent of your merchandise with a sixty percent discount rate and your little dealings will be kept under wraps. Failure to do so and you will face serious and heavy investigations from the CIA, FBI and numerous other industries which may and freeze over your account - or what's left of it." Norton, or Anthony said nonchalantly.
"Is this supposed to be a joke?!" the man asked angrily as he seized Norton by the collar, his men standing right beside him to intervene if need be.
Norton gazed into the enraged gray eyes of the man with bored looking blue eyes of his own. "I assure you, that we are dead serious about this."
Mikhail snarled angrily and pushed the other man aside. "Tell your associates that no one, no one messes with Mikhail Vladimir and lives to tell the tale." Snapping his fingers, the man turned around with his goons and stormed out of the office, slamming the door behind him, and causing the windows to shake.
Agent Norton sighed and ran his hand through his hair as he moved to the balcony and watched as the arrogant weapons dealer entered into his limousine, and as it began speeding away.
"Tsk- that was almost too easy." he said to himself as he removed several items from his pocket, revealing Mikhail's checkbook, wallet and phone.
'Hmm... the fool didn't even notice when my hand slipped into his pockets.'
"Wait, that's right I'm forgetting something." Snapping his fingers in realization and slipping his hands into his pockets, he removed a pen with a blinking tip. Without hesitation, he pushed the tip and began writing.

BOOM!

At that same moment, a limousine speeding on the highway erupted into a ball of fire, a cloud of smoke filling the air as the second explosion in the week rocked the area and the resulting shockwave smashing the glass from cars and sending pedestrians flying. Screams of terror filled the air, as one car crashed into another and the next followed suit, causing a massive line up of cars and a major traffic jam on the highway

'We've made our move Jay, let's see what you've learned in your five years of absence.'
This was merely a game. In which the smartest would survive.

Chapter 2 End
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by joywendy(f): 11:19am On Jan 01, 2014
Gud! Waiting.....
Re: To Trigger An Echo - A Thrilling Action/adventure Story by joywendy(f): 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Lucario007 would you come back and finish what you started?

(1) (Reply)

Punish Me Lord, Please! / Last Words Of Famous People, Criminals At Execution And Suicide Notes / Amanda The Pregnant Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.