Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,011 members, 7,922,450 topics. Date: Friday, 16 August 2024 at 07:43 AM

OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? - Investment (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? (14291 Views)

Oando Posts 2014-FY And Q1-2015 Results / MTN Nigeria Will Be A Public Liability Company (PLC) In 2016 / Shareholders Urged To Buy Oando Stock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by InvertedHammer: 8:41pm On Jan 04, 2014
Naijamericana:

Bros, seeing is believing...show us a chart

Read my post again...this time slowly.

The first sentence will explain it.

Then the conditional clause starting the second sentence is the foundation.

Take care
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by Naijamericana: 10:04pm On Jan 04, 2014
InvertedHammer:

Read my post again...this time slowly.

The first sentence will explain it.

Then the conditional clause starting the second sentence is the foundation.

Take care

Yeah, and now "read my lips", if you cant show us a chart then dont say anything. We need proof. Mr English Teacher... wink
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by Dumexoga: 10:15pm On Jan 04, 2014
[quote author=divinelove]

A bed at hand is more than two in d bush, wat if d cop deal is extended to ending march, wat if it fails. I tot oando shld ve reached 30 by nw instead its going down. D stock is hugely driven by sentiments.
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by docjuli(m): 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ojobojo1: The best time to buy shares are wen dey r low, cos d law of diminishing returns will always apply, it may rise a bit further but may decline after a while. Google Warren Buffets rule of stock investment.

Lol. Ask Warren to come pick all the shares on the NSE with low price (even with bad fundamentals).
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by Dumexoga: 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
def lover:

u talk like a fool and real gambler....I bet you don't even know d difference btw ordinary shares and preferred shares....u dey buy up liabilities dey make noise.....

u can neva own a company by buying ordinary shares so stfu...

before u call dis a good buy wats d PE ratio of d stock...wats d open high low close...

don't lead people astray....dis a public forum....if u knw Nuffin why not shot up

na people money you burn by ur stupid rants.
If you know who your father is, you won't come on here to call someone you don't even know a fool. It's because you are a bastard and your mom didn't tell you who your real father is, bastard lol lol lol you better start asking your mom questions now ewu Gambia
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by deebsman1(m): 10:36pm On Jan 04, 2014
Long Time investor, HOLD. Speculator, SELL
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by ihedioramma: 4:59am On Jan 05, 2014
Aliko Dangote: The Stock Market is All about Gambling I will rather use my money to do real business than take it to the gambling market. if u are a good gambler that always win more than loosing then go to the stock market. As for me the real market is where I belong. However after building my companies in the real market I will bring it to the stock market for gambler to gamble on it while my wealth increases

Thanks.
THAT IS IT TO YOU GABLER, and is not must for you to understand all business or do it. as i tell you in a way some of the things you call or you love as good business i am the oga why you are my boy
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by deflover(m): 5:37am On Jan 05, 2014
deebsman1: Long Time investor, HOLD. Speculator, SELL

investing terms are mere words and what they mean to you, which is relative to ones definition.
what do you mean by the phrase: Long term investor..
what you call long term might not be what I call long term...
to me long term can mean 1min,5min,15min,30min,1hr,4hr,daily,weekly,and monthly..
All this depends on my entry point on a financial security.
so your phrase long term is misleading if a person starting off sees this comment.
so if you invest,you do so based on words and what they mean to you,Becos the day you sell you won't tell anyone here becos you expect them to know its time to sell but like you said long term and the guy is looking at that phrase to mean next one million years.

that is why one needs to be careful when you speak in a public forum.
if I may ask you becos you said you want to marry my sister is it a most you would marry her.

and if you do ...does dat min the marriage is made in heaven..
same goes to this shares....tinz can still go wrong.
wat u sud be looking at is the PE ratio of the stock...market capitalisation...PE ratio to the NSE. support and resistance points...open high low close and if u can lay ur hands on a 20 simple moving average of this stock on a daily chart.

not some fairy tale like buy for long term.

1 Like

Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by deflover(m): 5:57am On Jan 05, 2014
Dumexoga:
If you know who your father is, you won't come on here to call someone you don't even know a fool. It's because you are a bastard and your mom didn't tell you who your real father is, bastard lol lol lol you better start asking your mom questions now ewu Gambia

guess it hurts to expose ur lying ass...buy buy buy mentality....wanting to own a company tru peanuts called ordinary shares....lol

you don't knw wat preferred shares means...u don't knw wat private placement means....u don't knw wat open high low close means

if you must speak abt financial securities plz do so because u understand these terms and not becos ur brokers say so....or becos its innocent peeps are reading this and wud take ur advice
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by bank2k4real(m): 7:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Happy Sunday....check my signature.
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by InvertedHammer: 8:45am On Jan 05, 2014
Aliko Dangote: The Stock Market is All about Gambling I will rather use my money to do real business than take it to the gambling market. if u are a good gambler that always win more than loosing then go to the stock market. As for me the real market is where I belong. However after building my companies in the real market I will bring it to the stock market for gambler to gamble on it while my wealth increases

Thanks.
\
As soon as you walk out of your house, you are gambling with your life.

Even sleeping could be a gamble.

/

3 Likes

Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by InvertedHammer: 8:49am On Jan 05, 2014
Naijamericana:

Yeah, and now "read my lips", if you cant show us a chart then dont say anything. We need proof. Mr English Teacher... wink
/
Show you chart as what?

If you need a chart, the least you could do is ask nicely.

I guess in your own little world, it is all about technical analysis and fundamentals have no bearings on
shares prices. What a drivel!

I don't have time for disrespectful morons.

At what point did you assume the responsibility to decide who talks in NL?

The OP is at discretion to take my advice or leave it.

It was never intended for a loser like you.

\
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by GentleFrank(m): 11:50am On Jan 05, 2014
Nice info !
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by Naijamericana: 12:37pm On Jan 05, 2014
def lover:

investing terms are mere words and what they mean to you, which is relative to ones definition.
what do you mean by the phrase: Long term investor..
what you call long term might not be what I call long term...
to me long term can mean 1min,5min,15min,30min,1hr,4hr,daily,weekly,and monthly..
All this depends on my entry point on a financial security.
so your phrase long term is misleading if a person starting off sees this comment.
so if you invest,you do so based on words and what they mean to you,Becos the day you sell you won't tell anyone here becos you expect them to know its time to sell but like you said long term and the guy is looking at that phrase to mean next one million years.

that is why one needs to be careful when you speak in a public forum.
if I may ask you becos you said you want to marry my sister is it a most you would marry her.

and if you do ...does dat min the marriage is made in heaven..
same goes to this shares....tinz can still go wrong.
wat u sud be looking at is the PE ratio of the stock...market capitalisation...PE ratio to the NSE. support and resistance points...open high low close and if u can lay ur hands on a 20 simple moving average of this stock on a daily chart.

not some fairy tale like buy for long term.

Please teach them
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by Naijamericana: 12:45pm On Jan 05, 2014
InvertedHammer:
/
Show you chart as what?

If you need a chart, the least you could do is ask nicely.

I guess in your own little world, it is all about technical analysis and fundamentals have no bearings on
shares prices. What a drivel!

I don't have time for disrespectful morons.

At what point did you assume the responsibility to decide who talks in NL?

The OP is at discretion to take my advice or leave it.

It was never intended for a loser like you.

\

Professor,
There are two kinds of people in this world, those who can take criticism and those who cannot. Get some tough skin and learn from your toughest critics. And besides how do you know I don't use fundamental analysis? Or do you just use fundamental analysis without technical analysis? Don't make assumptions.
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by rhames(m): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
yinka2011: Oando stock price is rising sharp. what do you think, is this the time to buy oando stocks?

Dec 27 (Lagos) - Share of Oando Plc closed at a new one year high today of N 19.97 per unit at the Nigerian Stock Exchange in Lagos. The stock hit these levels on almost volume of 6.9 million units which is less than half the volume as its a daily average 90 day volume. OANDO was higher by 5.11% today adding to gains of this week.

The last time this stock saw these levels was on April 12 2012 when it declined from N 21 per unit to N 19 per unit. Shareholders of this company has long suffered and only now they seem to be recovering a little bit. That is specially true for long term investors of this company who have seen their stock continuously decline from N 120 levels in April 2010. The value destruction in this stock over the past 3 years has been huge.

There is a new momentum in this stock backed by the anticipation of the completion of the Connoco Phillips acquisition deal which is expected by the end of January 2014. This deal could create the biggest Nigerian owned oil company that is fully diversified in the oil and gas sector.

There is also optimism from the Oando Marketing subsidiary which has signed a deal with a German bank to provide capital to micro finance banks in the country to lend to low income householders to enable them to buy Oando's N 800 LPG cooking gas cylinder and shift millions of householders away from cooking on kerosene fuel.

There is also big optimism the gas to power sector that OANDO operates in. The company already owns a gas fired power plant in Lagos with a huge pipeline across the state. Company is also completing a huge pipeline in the eastern part of the country. The Oando Energy Resources could emerge a power company in future as there is plenty gas supply in Nigeria that can be used to provide electricity to people of the country. While some argue that cost of gas power is significantly higher compared to traditional sources, it is also a fact that the traditional sources of power have failed to consumers for so long.

While all this seems good for the company, many analysts continue to doubt all the progress that the company is saying that it is making. Maybe the dilution that occurred during the rights issue is playing on the minds of some of those analysts. It may also be the reason different analysts in the country have opposing views of the stock of this company.

Analysts at FBN Capital In Ikoyi have a price target of N 19.80 for OANDO.

Analysts at Vetiva Research in Victoria Island maintain at outperform rating and a price target of N 19.24 per unit for OANDO.

Analyst at Asset and Resource Management Limited (ARM) in Ikoyi have a 'sell' rating on the stock with a price target of N 16.05 per unit for OANDO.

So investors have a lot to consider before the decide to buy into this or watch from the sidelines. It is a decision that has to be made carefully as where this is going is anybody's call.

http://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=4946

Any experienced investor worth his salt will tell you to keep off companies that are heavily indebted. This is the way they pushed this stock to over N100 less than 5 years ago and today it is selling under N20. If i have to buy a stock now on the NSE, it will be Nestle plc. I bought 1100 shares 6 years ago @ N110 and today I am grateful that stock made me a millionaire and have added another 150 to it till date. So beware of this kind of advert. It is misleading.

"Be greedy when everyone else is fearful and be fearful when every one else is greedy." Warren Buffet. wink
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by InvertedHammer: 6:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
Naijamericana:
/
Read the bolded above. You call that criticism? That's pure insolence.

If you don't get enough attention from your parents, don't expect it from me.

Whether you use technical and/or fundamental analysis or not, that is your kini. I don't give a rat's a?ss!

Get lost!

\
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by Naijamericana: 7:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
cheesy
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by SWG1: 8:02pm On Jan 05, 2014
I think people are already fearfull of oando thats why some are greedy in queing into the coy
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by prince13: 9:53am On Jan 06, 2014
THE RIGTH TIME TO BUY THE STOCK IS NOW,EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT THAT STOCK IS STILL VERY MUCH UNDERPRICED,OANDO IS STILL NOT IN WHERE IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE PRICE WISE GOING BY THE GREAT POTENTIALS AND FUNDAMENTALS INHERENT IN THAT COMPANY,FOR STOCK TRAGERS AND INVESTORS,IF YOU HAVE NOT SEIZED THE OPPORTUNITY THAT LIES IN THE STOCK OF OANDO I BET YOU,IT IS STILL NOT LATE OTHERWISE YOU WILL REGRET IT LATER.
yinka2011: Oando stock price is rising sharp. what do you think, is this the time to buy oando stocks?

Dec 27 (Lagos) - Share of Oando Plc closed at a new one year high today of N 19.97 per unit at the Nigerian Stock Exchange in Lagos. The stock hit these levels on almost volume of 6.9 million units which is less than half the volume as its a daily average 90 day volume. OANDO was higher by 5.11% today adding to gains of this week.

The last time this stock saw these levels was on April 12 2012 when it declined from N 21 per unit to N 19 per unit. Shareholders of this company has long suffered and only now they seem to be recovering a little bit. That is specially true for long term investors of this company who have seen their stock continuously decline from N 120 levels in April 2010. The value destruction in this stock over the past 3 years has been huge.

There is a new momentum in this stock backed by the anticipation of the completion of the Connoco Phillips acquisition deal which is expected by the end of January 2014. This deal could create the biggest Nigerian owned oil company that is fully diversified in the oil and gas sector.

There is also optimism from the Oando Marketing subsidiary which has signed a deal with a German bank to provide capital to micro finance banks in the country to lend to low income householders to enable them to buy Oando's N 800 LPG cooking gas cylinder and shift millions of householders away from cooking on kerosene fuel.

There is also big optimism the gas to power sector that OANDO operates in. The company already owns a gas fired power plant in Lagos with a huge pipeline across the state. Company is also completing a huge pipeline in the eastern part of the country. The Oando Energy Resources could emerge a power company in future as there is plenty gas supply in Nigeria that can be used to provide electricity to people of the country. While some argue that cost of gas power is significantly higher compared to traditional sources, it is also a fact that the traditional sources of power have failed to consumers for so long.

While all this seems good for the company, many analysts continue to doubt all the progress that the company is saying that it is making. Maybe the dilution that occurred during the rights issue is playing on the minds of some of those analysts. It may also be the reason different analysts in the country have opposing views of the stock of this company.

Analysts at FBN Capital In Ikoyi have a price target of N 19.80 for OANDO.

Analysts at Vetiva Research in Victoria Island maintain at outperform rating and a price target of N 19.24 per unit for OANDO.

Analyst at Asset and Resource Management Limited (ARM) in Ikoyi have a 'sell' rating on the stock with a price target of N 16.05 per unit for OANDO.

So investors have a lot to consider before the decide to buy into this or watch from the sidelines. It is a decision that has to be made carefully as where this is going is anybody's call.

http://www.easykobo.com/News.aspx?id=4946
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by divinelove(m): 5:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Oando finally heading south it must b less than 20 by mid january, investors shld get ready for this one
Re: OANDO PLC Stock Price Is At 3 Year High - Time To BUY? by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2014
What did he do
bornagain1509: i feel like swearing for my secondary school economics teacher!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Gov Obaseki Welcome Shoprite To Benin City Check Were Is Located Out / Better Days Ahead / Investors Moved N2.2 Trillion Away From The Nigerian Economy In 2015 -thecable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.