Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,302 members, 7,881,110 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 12:41 PM

Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? (37265 Views)

/ . / Is Ebonyi State More Viable Than Anambra And Abia?---IGR (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 1:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
Okwyjesus:

Am just from the state, l can tell you that there are alot of Federal project going on there.

The Governor is obviously not performing. He is old to think out innovative things apart frm normal paying of salaries.

Afikpo ppl are quite df, very unique ppl but unluckly in Ebonyi State.
Afikpo ppl unlucky in Ebonyi state?

please educate me more on the above question.

biko before I say something wired.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by JustBeingMe(f): 1:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Pain: Is Ebonyi part of Nigeria? I thought it was part of cameroon
Your Geography teacher should be shot. On a second thought, you might just be a primary school pupil. Children of nowadays shaa. SMH

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Freedani: God bless u! I'm an Ebonyian from nkalagu to be pricise. I use to be shy of mentioning that but from today, i will proudly mention that
So, i'm not only Ebonyi person in this fu.ckig site?? yet each time Ebonyi news,thread or discussion were being made all of u will hide or run away.

The earlier you represent urself here the better. Stop being ashamed of what God created you to be, as for me and my family ...Ebonyi we shall be till the end of time.

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by asidere(m): 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2013
ebonyi is not a popular state compared to delta,edo,lagos,rivers e.t.c. the most important question will be,is there development in ebonyi state
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by fujirice: 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2013
asidere: ebonyi is not a popular state compared to delta,edo,lagos,rivers e.t.c. the most important question will be,is there development in ebonyi state
Shoooo! You're too late to the discourse, so don't drag us back with this type of question
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by kelvinnn(m): 2:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
It is so because the governor is just there doing notin.....and the people of ebonyi state are quiet!!!!!
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 2:33pm On Dec 31, 2013
mascot87:
You are your entire family cannot compete with me when it comes to expressing ourselves in a public speech.clown
I hope ur reading ur own speech here.sir

so shameful of you
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by meforyou1(m): 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ebonyi people are just too local. They are mostly farmers and not civil servants like Yoruba people. Yorubas write a lot of petition that's why their governors are always in the news
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by bishopsamuel(m): 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
proudly Ebonyian Ugwulangwu to be precise
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Sparklitta(f): 2:46pm On Dec 31, 2013
FreeGlobe: well their governor is 100 years or so. The oldest governor so he shouldn't be active.
As in eh! I thought it was jst my imagination..
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by demydea: 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
achi4u: I hope ur reading ur own speech here.sir

so shameful of you
You should be the one to be ashamed bigot
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by onyibajoe(m): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
Solupeace: I've to take a time out to comment on this as doing otherwise will be a great disservice to my great state.@op I hope the essence of creating this topic is to" put" EBONYI on news and not to pour insults on the great people of Ebonyi. It's heart-breaking to see how Nigerians use any available room to belittle others, in this case,Ebonyians. This state was created in 1996 together with Bayelsa,Ekiti, Gombe, Zamfara and Nassarawa: any objective criticism should be done bearing these states in mind. There is no state in Nigeria that does not have a handful of enlightened individuals , so Ebonyi is not handicapped at all. I don't intends to start mentioning names as we live in information age and whosoever that truly wants to know about Ebonyi can easily get it.I'm a gtreat Ebonyian also from Okposi:as a person I have travelled to all the states of Nigeria and have always held my head very high as a young Nigerian. Okposi as a town not to talk of the state capital can pass as a very civilised place any time. I must not fail to add that I'm not impressed with mascot87 who was sent to Ebonyi to help build and also be her Ambassador but he has turned himself to be the chief prosecutor notwithstanding the love and kindness that he was showered with though he has taken it for timidity. I served in Sokoto and have since been turned to an apostle of the state. Ebonyi is young and developing and definetely need to be in the news to facilitate its development and not for negative reasons. Long live Ebonyi State,long live Nigeria!
Bros, God bless you for this post. My people never let me down. Proudly Okposian. Currently home with four of my friends. They never miss travelling home with me after one experience. We are so grooving this town. I love Okposi! I love Ohaozara! I love Ebonyi.
I pray God gives Ebonyi a young and visionary Governor come 2015.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Iykeponti(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
I'm aware of this and i also notice it in their approach to life generally. They don't seem to be interested in amassing wealth like other Igbos. They seem comfortable in the level they are at. I think that has to change and it will change if more enlightenment is done.
after d civil war alot of hausas settled down ova there.... 70% of of ebonyi citizen.. r Hausas... By their look... u ll understand wot am saying.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Chamackh(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ndi Igbo Ihere megbuo kwa unu, jisinu ike sa wa unu ruri unyi na iro/ ama.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Chamackh(m): 2:55pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ndi Igbo Ihere megbu o kwa unu, jisinu ike sa wa unu ruri unyi na iro/ ama.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by mannyiyke: 2:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
sandijey:

Its really bad! U need to followndigbo page on fb. The way they insult people from ebonyi. I think theycall them wawa people! Don't no what tha mmeans. It was there I read that some of them still eat human beings. I doubt it though. The only person trying to put ebonyi in the limelight is that afikpo chic. I really don't understand d discrimination against ebonyi.
Ebonyians are a hardworking people. They never ate human beings in d past, and they don't even do that 2day. They're not the only WAWA people. Even some or all Enugu indigenes are a wawa people. They're not even mumus; it's just that they're poor which is not a crime. I don't know why they're hated by their fellow igbos. The poverty is as a result of long years of neglect. I believe that poverty, neglect and long years of underdevelopment can affect a people negatively. Poverty is a disease to any people esp in Africa where our leaders are cruel, corrupt and haters of development. Ebonyians are picking up gradually both educationally and infrastructurally. When a child is not fed properly due to poverty, it could lead to poor mental development and psychological trauma when he or she grows up. Poverty, lack of education and underdevelopment lead to inferiority complex, poor mental acuity and morbid fear of the rich and unsociable traits. That's what they encountered before. Ebonyians are not mumus and never do wells. They are catching up thanks to Dr Sam Egwu and Chief Martin Elechi led administrations. Ebonyi children came 1st in the 2011 and 2012 national quiz competitions and thereafter represented Nigeria outside the country and also did marvelously well. Nobody, when coming into this world, chose where he or she would be born; else i wld've opted to be an american.

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Chamackh(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Iykeponti: after d civil war alot of hausas settled down ova there.... 70% of of ebonyi citizen.. r Hausas... By their look... u ll understand wot am saying.
Very bad of you. If you don't withdraw this you comment you will definitely regret it someday. Ma Chi!
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by mannyiyke: 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
sandijey:

Its really bad! U need to followndigbo page on fb. The way they insult people from ebonyi. I think theycall them wawa people! Don't no what tha mmeans. It was there I read that some of them still eat human beings. I doubt it though. The only person trying to put ebonyi in the limelight is that afikpo chic. I really don't understand d discrimination against ebonyi.
Ebonyians are a hardworking people. They never ate human beings in d past, and they don't even do that 2day either. They're not the only WAWA people. Even some or all Enugu indigenes are a wawa people. They're not even mumus; it's just that they're poor which is not a crime. I don't know why they're hated by their fellow igbos. The poverty is as a result of long years of neglect. I believe that poverty, neglect and long years of underdevelopment can affect a people negatively. Poverty is a disease to any people esp in Africa where our leaders are cruel, corrupt and haters of development. Ebonyians are picking up gradually both educationally and infrastructurally. When a child is not fed properly due to poverty, it could lead to poor mental development and psychological trauma when he or she grows up. Poverty, lack of education and underdevelopment lead to inferiority complex, poor mental acuity and morbid fear of the rich and unsociable traits. That's what they encountered before. Ebonyians are not mumus and never do wells. They are catching up thanks to Dr Sam Egwu and Chief Martin Elechi led administrations. Ebonyi children came 1st in the 2011 and 2012 national quiz competitions and thereafter represented Nigeria outside the country and also did marvelously well. Nobody, when coming into this world, chose where he or she would be born; else i wld've opted to be an american.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by holyvirgin: 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
Iykeponti: after d civil war alot of hausas settled down ova there.... 70% of of ebonyi citizen.. r Hausas... By their look... u ll understand wot am saying.
Is so wrong for you to conclude that most ebonyi indegenes are hausa's because they are darker than most SE residents. I just wanna believe they are purely contented with d little they have.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by holyvirgin: 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
onyibajoe:
Bros, God bless you for this post. My people never let me down. Proudly Okposian. Currently home with four of my friends. They never miss travelling home with me after one experience. We are so grooving this town. I love Okposi! I love Ohaozara! I love Ebonyi.
I pray God gives Ebonyi a young and visionary Governor come 2015.
Okposi ke? Do okposi ppl know how to groove? Since when? Funny the only good thing about okposi ppl is that their women are exclusively beautiful... wink
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by holyvirgin: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2013
achi4u: So, i'm not only Ebonyi person in this fu.ckig site?? yet each time Ebonyi news,thread or discussion were being made all of u will hide or run away.

The earlier you represent urself here the better. Stop being ashamed of what God created you to be, as for me and my family ...Ebonyi we shall be till the end of time.
Sometimes is good an ebonyi indigene hides in shame owing to the fact that it is the only underdeveloped state in the SE despite having a fertile soil that can generate billions of dollars for the state annually.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Abagworo:

Change carried out with 30billion monthly while Ebonyi gets only 2billion. God help any Igbo man I meet live condemn Ebonyi because I will get him battered to comatose state. Ebonyi is rising gradually and happen to be victims of neglect under various States until they found their own with Abakaliki area being most maltreated under Anambra and Enugu States. The Afikpo area enjoyed reasonable patronage under Abia and are today still so attached to their Abia neighbours. God bless Ebonyi, God bless Igboland , God bless Nigeria.

Its funny you are saying Abakaliki was neglected during the old Anambra era but when we say Peter Obi is trying to develop every town simulteniously in Anambra you object and want him to focus on Awka,Onitsha and Nnewi. Most Enugu town is currently going through the same degree of porverty that once prevailed in Ebonyi. Thanks to Chime for focusing on Enugu city!

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
omusiliyu: What do you expect from a state rullin by helpless Octogenarian man. The state with smallest landmass and population in the east.. I heard that they're still drummin 4 the man to represent his senatorial district in senate
The smallest in land mass in the SE?

Ignorance adiro MMA.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
Why can't we give Ebonyi and Cross River to Cameroon in exchange for Bakassi Peninsula? grin grin grin

Infact, let's give the whole of south east to Cameroon joor.... grin grin grin Why? Reason is because modern Ndigbo people originated originated from Cameroon. You could easily mistake Biya, Olembe Olembe, Nboma for Ndigbo... grin grin grin , hence why we should return Nigeria to her ancestors.. lol

Then, we won't need to know what the hell is happening in Ebonyi..lol

Yorubas and Rep of Benin can merge to form a country while Hausas merge with Niger and Chad.... wink wink wink

Musiwa.... See what u doing to me...lol

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by armadeo(m): 3:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
SERVED there.
NOTHING HAPPENS THERE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by GreenBobo: 3:22pm On Dec 31, 2013
Depends on wat u c as news worthy!

Ebonyi State Uni was, for a long time d best State Uni in d country..

Our VVF centr is d best in the Country...

Our Med. stdns av exelled internationaly..

Our Overekpe water scheme, one f d largest in d s/e...

We've got world class debate team(pry, sec n tertiary level)...

Business wise, we ar doin wonderfully fine, we av established ourselves in Lag, Abj, Ph, Kano e.t.c

We ar , to a large extent, self employed!
We av conquered PH, majority of shop owners in Rumuola,Artillery,? Oyigbo, Waterlines, D lines, Okirika to mention bt a few ar mostly Ebonyians...

We ar hard working, contented, humble n always happy!

Educationally, we ar nt d worst, EBSU grads, (mostly Ebonyians) can hold their ground, any day, any time!

More dan 5 tertiary institutions in d state...

Excellent Pry , Sec , tertiary n post tertiary Education system...our schools, at all levels can compete favourably wit any sch u can come up wit, any wer in d world!

Religiously n Socially, we no carry last, we'v got Churches n Mosques n Shrines.. we also av world class five star hotels, we ar nt in short supply f night clubs n oda recreational centres.

A very peaceful and serene environment!

Ah dnt av mch time, Shalom!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by coldasice11(m): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
Proudly Ebonyian... Ugwulangwu to be precise. Ndi nkem jokwa.
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by Nightshift(m): 3:25pm On Dec 31, 2013
nijanigga:
Empty barrel estimates, do you know that by 2020 the kinds of food we will consuming will change?
Sure, you will be eating only Chinese food, including vultures then!
Kid, it's noon already, have you taken your akamu today?
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by nigerfine: 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2013
This is a hasty generalization , the op should know that the federal news concentrate on Lagos , ph Abuja and environs , talk of others states ...they are rarely mentioned , also take the population of this state in consideration. We absolutely have great human attributes ; less crime , peaceful , hardworking , and we are not money contious . I represent very well. I tell you , if you ever meet anybody from afikpo in ebonyi, Edda these guys raise their shoulders high at any point in time. Leave Nigeria political diagram as it is . Ebonyi for ever ,,,,,,,,, no regret
Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by awodman: 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
I just the watch as una dey bash my state..no wahala sha but I know we are great guys...I remember the look on my friend's face when they get to know am from Ebonyi..cos of how polished and enlightened I appear to be

My sis @JustbeingMe nailed it...its only peeps from Ebonyi central and Ebonyi North that are dragging us back but things are looking up...

Presently Enjoying my hols in my village in Ebonyi south...Great place cool

1 Like

Re: Is Ebonyi No Longer Part Of Nigeria? by achi4u(m): 3:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
mannyiyke: Ebonyians are a hardworking people. They never ate human beings in d past, and they don't even do that 2day. They're not the only WAWA people. Even some or all Enugu indigenes are a wawa people. They're not even mumus; it's just that they're poor which is not a crime. I don't know why they're hated by their fellow igbos. The poverty is as a result of long years of neglect. I believe that poverty, neglect and long years of underdevelopment can affect a people negatively. Poverty is a disease to any people esp in Africa where our leaders are cruel, corrupt and haters of development. Ebonyians are picking up gradually both educationally and infrastructurally. When a child is not fed properly due to poverty, it could lead to poor mental development and psychological trauma when he or she grows up. Poverty, lack of education and underdevelopment lead to inferiority complex, poor mental acuity and morbid fear of the rich and unsociable traits. That's what they encountered before. Ebonyians are not mumus and never do wells. They are catching up thanks to Dr Sam Egwu and Chief Martin Elechi led administrations. Ebonyi children came 1st in the 2011 and 2012 national quiz competitions and thereafter represented Nigeria outside the country and also did marvelously well. Nobody, when coming into this world, chose where he or she would be born; else i wld've opted to be an american.
Thank u my guy.
Where were all the other educationally endowed states of the east when Ebonyi students trashed them out in the recently concluded school competition and will represent them the third time on the national and international level.

Haters go sleep in da lord.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Rivers Rerun;"Be Ready To Swap Dead Bodies"-Wike Tells "Prospective Riggers.PICS / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Cross River, Inspects Projects With Governor Ayade / President Buhari Receives Chadian President In Aso Rock (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.