Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,224 members, 7,884,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:23 AM

Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 (28458 Views)

Nigerian Universities Divided Over The Cancellation Of ‘Pass’ Grade / Ahmadu Bello University,zaria Post Utme 2014/2015 Result Is Out!!! / Literature-in-english Online Tutorial For UTME 2014/2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by ejaboy(m): 7:40am On Jan 01, 2014
Jamb jst want increase d music industry nd igboo bunk as well....
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Karleb(m): 7:54am On Jan 01, 2014
Xtremely Coded: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In Jamb UTME 2014 – What Do You Think Is the Reason Behind?

As you all are aware, JAMB has Cancelled the 2nd Choice Option for UTME 2014, This means that you can only Choose 1 University, 1 Polytechnic & 1 College of Education, No more Second Choice.

From my Observation, JAMB even went as Far as not allowing Student to Change their Institution as it used to be.

This will really slim down the Number of Admission Space in all Tertiary Institution in 2014.

What do you think is the Reason for JAMB to Take such Decision & how do you think it {will go}?
are u serious that there won't be change of institution this year?
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by chukwudi1989(m): 7:58am On Jan 01, 2014
Well to me is a good format cus we have to face one thing now either any university,any polytechnics or any collage....hence u get there cutt-off marks wether state or federal university u can go and write ur post-utme there.....BB PIN:27916D91 HAPPY NEW YEAR to U ALL.

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by dgreatyen(m): 8:04am On Jan 01, 2014
criously dis is hilarious,d man is killn d education wit his act,only d rich will b gettn admission easy y d poor will sweat it out...;what a babaric action frm jamb*lord hlp dis country
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Waladade4luv(m): 8:05am On Jan 01, 2014
Nigellus_Hosan: Them almost kill dat Dibu of a man this year..e pain me when i hear say im escape..if to say dem kil am...im for no dey do all this shiit
na ur family them go kill idiot

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by kaysy(m): 8:05am On Jan 01, 2014
Xtremely Coded: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In Jamb UTME 2014 – What Do You Think Is the Reason Behind?

As you all are aware, JAMB has Cancelled the 2nd Choice Option for UTME 2014, This means that you can only Choose 1 University, 1 Polytechnic & 1 College of Education, No more Second Choice.

From my Observation, JAMB even went as Far as not allowing Student to Change their Institution as it used to be.

This will really slim down the Number of Admission Space in all Tertiary Institution in 2014.

What do you think is the Reason for JAMB to Take such Decision & how do you think it {will go}?

I don't believe in the bolded clause... JAMB Change of course Form will surely be out after the release of JAMB 2014 exams.

[size=20pt]Buy & Register Your JAMB Form at KAYSY CAFE, OKOKO. Address is 5B, Rasheed Babatunde Street, White House Bus Stop, Aka Road, Okoko-Maiko, Lagos. Call: 08122363117. Visit www.nairaschools.com to download JAMB 2014 Brochure & Syllabus. Form & Registration is N5,000 Only. We will give you Guidelines when Registering You.[/size]
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by PeetaBishop(m): 8:08am On Jan 01, 2014
I don't care if them stop JAMB totally sef..all i know is my struggle for admission went away with 2013...now am a proud student of Uniport. #some will say "what abt ur kids, dnt u care for dier future?" #I say when that bridge comes, I will cross it....HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE. kiss

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Karleb(m): 8:08am On Jan 01, 2014
Karleb: are u serious that there won't be change of institution this year?
somebody answer me nowww!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Smily202(m): 8:10am On Jan 01, 2014
Nawa ooh......This country. .....
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by enomasly: 8:11am On Jan 01, 2014
Like this comment if you beleive its due to our blind scramble For the Scrapping of JAMB
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Olril18(m): 8:12am On Jan 01, 2014
jaryeh: Well,IMO I think it's a good one. Every candidate will have to face one university,polytechnic or whatever they want with 100% dedication.
The 2nd choice issue is even responsible for my being in a quandary as to whether I will still be admitted or not now!

What will happen is that the big federal schools will have more candidates as usual,then the small schools with little or no candidate will invite anyone who has passed the general JAMB cut off to their POST UTME irrespective of whether such candidates chose them or not. Going by that,I think it will give each candidate more chances.

It happened even this year when there was 2nd choice:EKSU and some other state and private unis invited anyone who has passed the cut off and is interested to go and register for their POST UTME. Although,majority of them will not be considered for admission in the end,but it is just as risky and uncertain as the 2nd choice!
for me,its a controversial descision..
the truth is, admission opportunities will now be limited,no matter how u look at it.....now federal schs will undoubtedly be getting the highest percentage of candidates,but u forgot spaces are limited,(imagine 100,000 candidates choosing a federal sch,in which only 5000,will be offered admission..)most of those candidates who will miss out on admission in this federal schs,can still enter university through the state universities they choosed as second choice candidates....
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Ulokomatt: 8:21am On Jan 01, 2014
wat i tink is..... Aluta continuaaaa
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Sunbellar: 8:32am On Jan 01, 2014
hollandis: People that have graduated complained there was no job for them .Why are you going into the same venture.Why can't you guys school abroad ,its a lot cheaper ,safer and rewarding.
please which of the abroad is cheaper? You can tell us the country.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Sam32(m): 8:33am On Jan 01, 2014
One man
one partner

is that not a good thing?
No more cheating on students from dose second choices
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Afrok(m): 8:46am On Jan 01, 2014
Even when students were having opportunities to select first nd second choice institutions nd change d schools at will, admission was difficult for most candidates not to talk of now. It's obvious some schools will av candidates than others which might be a problem, i don't know d reason(s) behind d cancellation by jamb but i seriously feel for d students who are seeking admissions into higher institutions.

No matter wot jamb does, this year 2014 is d year of testimony for someone out there to gain admission In Jesus Name, Amen!

7 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Afrok(m): 8:50am On Jan 01, 2014
Peeta Bishop: I don't care if them stop JAMB totally sef..all i know is my struggle for admission went away with 2013...now am a proud student of Uniport. #some will say "what abt ur kids, dnt u care for dier future?" #I say when that bridge comes, I will cross it....HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE. kiss
Uniport? Welcome to d school for Unique students, congratulations!
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by wisdomwiseman(m): 8:51am On Jan 01, 2014
I tink it is a palatable policy, since those schools chose for 2nd choice stigmatise their candidate during admission but only accept their money

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by wisdomwiseman(m): 8:53am On Jan 01, 2014
I tink it is a palatable policy, since those schools chose for 2nd choice stigmatise their candidate during admission but only accept their money :DI tink it is a palatable policy, since those schools chose for 2nd choice stigmatise their candidate during admission but only accept their money
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by anikesho: 9:13am On Jan 01, 2014
I HAVE ALWAYS SAID TO NAIRALANDERS,DO NOT COMMENT ON A TOPIC YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT.IT WILL TAKE A LONG TYM FOR YOU TO REALIZE THAT JAMB IS YOUR FRIEND.BUT I KNOW WE HAVE SOME VERY DAFT PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND,SO THEY SHOULD CONTINUE TO WALLOW IN THEIR IGNORANCE.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by people3: 9:29am On Jan 01, 2014
Add me up on 2go
joseph9881@2go
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Angelstartups(f): 9:37am On Jan 01, 2014
The idea of first choice or second choice needs to be abolished.Candidates should be given the opportunity to select even upto 3 options per institution type,without depicting which is first choice,second or third choice.That way the institutions will receive scores of all the candidates that picked them and take it from there to select top candidates based on merit.
In developed climes,SAT or TOEFL or UCAS (UK) doesn't ask for first choice or second choice or third choice,they allow you select the schools that interest you.In fact,you can still forward your scores to other schools after the exams.Nigeria should take a cue from this and stop limiting Nigerians from been educated.

2 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by An0nimus: 9:39am On Jan 01, 2014
hollandis: People that have graduated complained there was no job for them .Why are you going into the same venture.Why can't you guys school abroad ,its a lot cheaper ,safer and rewarding.
how is it cheaper?
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by AlphaMaximus(m): 9:46am On Jan 01, 2014

2 Likes

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by CHIMSKY(m): 9:52am On Jan 01, 2014

Make we talk true.Second choice was only a fomality anyway?How many people get admission at heir second choice school?

EDIT:-
i dy feel on top the world baba give me grace..........thanks to God oga seun,my moderators.........makinq frontpage dix first day of the year...........i climb on top aso rock dy dance *skelewu*
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by CHIMSKY(m): 9:54am On Jan 01, 2014
[quote author=CHIMSKY][/quote]
Second choice was only a formality anyway.How many students get admission at their school of second choice?

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Bravoosii: 9:54am On Jan 01, 2014
Na free dem dey school abroad now angry :-/
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by Symphony007: 10:10am On Jan 01, 2014
Animals are running nigeria on all levels. The universities are shambolic and disgusting. As if that is not good enough, they are now making it harder for kids to get into those schools. Very good!! The government should continue making students go to other west african nations to study. Let's keep exporting our brains and talent. In the nearest future this country won't know what happened to it. A nation of idiot
s.

1 Like

Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by jasmine01s: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2014
Echatbook: Oh ma God.

Also Kindly download Isquare ft rozy,grin,ymh latest release titled Kill it. I bet it after downloading this song you will wanna know this guys. Http://Www.hulkshare.com/shabbaent/isquare-ft-grin-ymh-kill-it or you visit their official website www.shabbaent.tk to know more about them and download their other releases.
And dont forget to register on www.echatbook.com

WOw that song really makes sense oo and the other one with cp 317 wow kudos mehn
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by ketoprofen(m): 10:43am On Jan 01, 2014
Ken_Jak: I dont think the Jamb managements were sensible taking such decision cos the two-choice method had really helped many. Maybe they want to reduce the number of people going to school, I don't know for them.

Am telling u.
my bro is in school because of second choice.
Second choice has helped many ppl.
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by talktrue1(m): 10:43am On Jan 01, 2014
They should focus on writing jamb twice a year to help settle the backlog of jambites, just like Nysc did
Re: Cancellation Of 2nd Choice Option In JAMB UTME 2014 by idris4r83(m): 11:04am On Jan 01, 2014
Better. I c no reason in choosing 2 universities and blocking other peoples chances. This is a welcome development

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

OAU Students Jump On Trailers (Photos) / Lagos Collapsed Building: Private School Not Registered - Associations / Herbert Wigwe To Build $500M University In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.