Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,678 members, 7,921,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 05:29 AM

Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity (4113 Views)

Do You Eat Eba With Your Hand Or Cutlery. WHY? / How Often Do You Eat With Cutlery?? / Which Is Better For Eating Solid Food: Hand Or Cutlery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Many people have their secular reasons and taste when it comes to diet. Some (reasons) are warped while some are straightforward. Some (reasons) are foreign-induced while some are locally-induced. Bottom line is that for every reasons guiding your styles of diet, pleasure and satisfaction should be guaranteed.

Now, on the subject matter, say personally, I enjoy using my bare hands, as long as they are clean. But I feel embarrassed sometimes when I try that at some eateries(the likes of Mr. Biggs; Superfoods....), with the kind of scorn faces people stare at me. Thank goodness I'm a well educated fellow, someone almost called me "Ará oko"__"Bush man", when I requested for water to wash hands upon a few wraps of Iyán and Egusi soup, in one big eatery at Abeokuta recently. I rebuked the attendant's reluctance, coupled with her unsolicited advice to do with the cutlery(she pointing the situation of the cutlery). In a nutshell, she apologised and after which I implored them to always make provision for such African dish to be enjoyed by consumers who are not shy enough to suit their tastes in the African style.

Well, some of you will agree with me that some use cutlery for swallow foods, not just because they are shy of how the public would interpret them, but also because some have this crude sense of making themselves look posh or civilised or foreign, may be when on a date, or a special gathering/party/event or a crowded place/eatery, especially such that one couldn't find any one eating Amala et al. without cutlery.

But truth be told, some of you that use cutlery know full well in your heart that you would enjoy the meal better if bare hands were employed, but for one reason or the other...that, I call ENSLAVEMENT!

I know some people belong to the category of those who would first ask for cutlery for swallow foods at public events, but who wouldn't dare use cutlery in their privacy, when no one is watching. This I call HYPOCRISY!

And for those who inured in cutlery for swallow foods at your own displeasure & discomfiture, just to satisfy one "hot" guy/girl...this I call STUPIDITY!

Conclusively, I believe it doesn't mean that all (Africans especially) that use cutlery for swallow foods don't really enjoy the style. Some genuinely prefer cutlery for such meal. But for those "modernfucker" hypocrites out there...YOU R ON YA OWN! kiss kiss kiss

As for me and my family^
^
^

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2013
If I have fake nails on, I use cutlery for my Eba and soup. I no wan hear say I purge abeg cheesy

Sonetimes bacterie hide in those long tinz
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by imsuboi(m): 2:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
Chillisauce: If I have fake nails on, I use cutlery for my Eba and soup. I no wan hear say I purge abeg cheesy

how do you wipe your a55 with those nails ma'am? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
imsu.boi:

I don't sh1t! Ajibo to the core tongue
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Atk01(f): 2:54pm On Dec 31, 2013
It's a matter of choice, but I prefer using my hands.
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 2:58pm On Dec 31, 2013
Chillisauce: If I have fake nails on, I use cutlery for my Eba and soup. I no wan hear say I purge abeg cheesy

Na so one of una take long fake nails tear my pkekus at jobblow thingz...just make sure nails and hands are always clean....you ne'er know when Henry will come knocking for some jobblow grin grin > grin
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 2:59pm On Dec 31, 2013
imsu.boi:

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 3:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
Chillisauce:

I don't sh1t! tongue

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2013
Atk 01: It's a matter of choice, but I prefer using my hands.
even in public or special events
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Atk01(f): 3:09pm On Dec 31, 2013
Lord Babs: even in public or special events
As long as there is water to wash my hands.
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by imsuboi(m): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
Chillisauce:

I don't sh1t! Ajibo to the core tongue

grin yeah right
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 6:27pm On Dec 31, 2013
Atk 01:
As long as there is water to wash my hands.
ok o!
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Justeenaleo(f): 3:15am On Jan 01, 2014
Its a matter of choice,I prefer usin my hands,if I cnt use my hands den I won't ask for swallow,I like to enjoy my food to d core

1 Like

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 10:19am On Jan 01, 2014
Justeenaleo: Its a matter of choice,I prefer usin my hands,if I cnt use my hands den I won't ask for swallow,I like to enjoy my food to d core
picture or it didn't happen undecided undecided undecided
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by AKMoney1(m): 10:25am On Jan 01, 2014
Justeenaleo: Its a matter of choice,I prefer usin my hands,if I cnt use my hands den I won't ask for swallow,I like to enjoy my food to d core

you too like food cheesy
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Teegurlee(f): 11:40am On Jan 01, 2014
1,000 likes.

1 Like

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Dannylux: 4:09pm On Jan 01, 2014
Why suffer twice? After suffering as a boarder I'll suffer after being a boarder too? in the name of using cutlery for foods like that.

It's about choice anyway.
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Karleb(m): 4:16pm On Jan 01, 2014
Using cutlery for eba? undecided how does that even sound?.
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Justeenaleo(f): 6:19pm On Jan 01, 2014
AK Money:

you too like food cheesy
Lmao why u think say I dey food section?

1 Like

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Mamacita007(f): 6:22pm On Jan 01, 2014
After secondary sch i went back to hand levels. it's not modern or stupid. some people don't like sticky fingers

1 Like

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by ketoprofen(m): 9:23pm On Jan 01, 2014
imsu.boi:

How do u wash ur ibongi during bathing
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by chymystique(f): 10:33pm On Jan 01, 2014
Eatin swallow wif cutleries makes me more hungry asin I tend to eat more wi without actually bin satisfied so ai stopped usin et evn in boarding school.. Ai now use ma hand ma hand jor.. If ai knw I cnt eat wif ma hand in public I dnt order for swallow cool

1 Like

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by AKMoney1(m): 11:05pm On Jan 01, 2014
Justeenaleo:
Lmao why u think say I dey food section?

you didn't reply my email why?
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 3:10pm On Jan 02, 2014
Mamacita007: After secondary sch i went back to hand levels. it's not modern or stupid. some people don't like sticky fingers
you have a point!
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 3:11pm On Jan 02, 2014
ketoprofen:

How do u wash ur ibongi during bathing
she doesn't wash it, period! grin grin grin
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Madamspeaker(f): 5:12pm On Jan 02, 2014
Actually...eva since i was made a dining hall prefect back den in FGGC SAGAMU...i av become so used to using cutlery to eat swallow....i dnt see it as anyfin at all...wen i am outside,it is strictly cutlery..but in my hse my mood determines...
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 5:50pm On Jan 02, 2014
Madam speaker: Actually...but in my hse my mood determines...
lol!
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 02, 2014
@op not only stupidity, infact nah nonsensity undecided. I would use my hand anytime, anywhere and anyhow to eat my swallow food. tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Madamspeaker(f): 7:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
Lord Babs:
lol!
yes oo....somtyms i cnt jst fit wait to comport myself in my house...esp after a long boring lecture...i go even sitdown for ground sef dey chop my tin wink....
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by Joel3(m): 8:30pm On Jan 02, 2014
@op you de Bleep up oh. For where GT Plaza dey na u de go where them was kill you with cultlass en, watin happen to fingers? even if na uk i de i go use my fingers in chimaza voice. Oyibo say watin i de do, i tell them say na chop i de chop oh. Small time them say na magic i de do, nor be chop i de chop oh, na magic i de do eh. I tell them say na chop i de chop oh no be magic i de do eh, later them shout police eh, police eh, he is comiting sucide oh, everybody when they there he is comiting sucide oh.

First of all the white folks dont do swollow, so i dont know where those guys are coping this from. Swallow is africa thing and long age root so dont modenize it. Men next time enter GT plaza na them go give you water to wash your hand or them go show you where wash hand basin dey make you go wash and dry as well before u eat correct africa dish. That is my favorite place where i normally eat my pounded yam. By the way its not wraps of iyan. Its pounded yam an africa things i dont like when you joke with it. i dont joke with my pounded yam i will divoice any woman who cant arrange this for me always. Like the one i ate yestarday still remembering. Wow Watering mouth and licking my lips.
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 9:59pm On Jan 02, 2014
Madam speaker:
yes oo....somtyms i cnt jst fit wait to comport myself in my house...esp after a long boring lecture...i go even sitdown for ground sef dey chop my tin wink....
sincerely, I like your bluntness! No forming shocked
Re: Eating Swallow Foods With Cutlery: Modernity Or Stupidity by LordBabs(m): 10:03pm On Jan 02, 2014
Joel.:
@op you de Bleep up oh. For where GT Plaza dey na u de go where them was kill you with cultlass en, watin happen to fingers? even if na uk i de i go use my fingers in chimaza voice. Oyibo say watin i de do, i tell them say na chop i de chop oh. Small time them say na magic i de do, nor be chop i de chop oh, na magic i de do eh. I tell them say na chop i de chop oh no be magic i de do eh, later them shout police eh, police eh, he is comiting sucide oh, everybody when they there he is comiting sucide oh.

First of all the white folks dont do swollow, so i dont know where those guys are coping this from. Swallow is africa thing and long age root so dont modenize it. Men next time enter GT plaza na them go give you water to wash your hand or them go show you where wash hand basin dey make you go wash and dry as well before u eat correct africa dish. That is my favorite place where i normally eat my pounded yam. By the way its not wraps of iyan. Its pounded yam an africa things i dont like when you joke with it. i dont joke with my pounded yam i will divoice any woman who cant arrange this for me always. Like the one i ate yestarday still remembering. Wow Watering mouth and licking my lips.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Get That Party Jollof's Distinct Taste... A Must Read. / Disadvantages Of Sachet Water To The Society / Is There Any Nigeria Food That Doesn't Have Oil?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.