Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,188 members, 7,880,705 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:27 AM

Vanguard Of What? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vanguard Of What? (485 Views)

Niger-Delta Militants' Plot To Arm-Twist Buhari Fails - Vanguard / Goodluck Jonathan's Foundation Letter Not Only To Obasanjo - Vanguard / PDP Senators Kick As Buhari Fails To Submit List Of Ministers - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vanguard Of What? by jicey: 10:34am On Jan 01, 2014
VANGUARD OF WHAT?
The year 2013 was a pack of mixed feelings with little positives within the purview of the state. A conflict ridden society has been the aftermath of some self proclaimed ‘progressives’ whose actions and inactions are precipitating the ivory tower of Africa into a dead end. Ostensibly, two classes of progressives have emerged, those who are experiencing a sort of political oblivion on one hand and those who see governance as its birthright thereby determining the framework of governance in terms of when to rule, how to rule and how much time to rule irrespective of constitutional dictates on the other hand, which all appears a dress rehearsal for 2015.

I have kept mum as events turn sour in Rivers state to which I lay legal claim to, either by virtue of residence or birth. In so many formal and informal discussions I have voiced my dismay and utter disdain at some personalities within the presidency who out of ignorance or political exuberance drags the office of the president into a quagmire. My admiration for the Governor of Rivers state stems from the fact that he poses a sort of charisma I so desire in a leader stemming from his power of oration. Unfortunately, such mastery of language seems to have overtaken his civility towards the president who by virtue of the constitution is the image of our sovereignty.

Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi has suddenly realized the hemorrhaging effect of corruption within the last few months, he now appears a vanguard but for who and what am yet to get any logical answers, his constant incitement of the people against the Federal government leaves me wondering in whose benefit. The problem of Nigeria is now synonymous with a certain GEJ only recently because of some self serving interest which has been sugar coated to appear as though it were borne out of national interest. Am therefore besieged by these posers

 At what point did GEJ’s administration degenerate as espoused by OBJ
 Would GEJ have been celebrated if he had bowed to the pressure of excluding himself from 2015
 If the current crisis is about the people, is 2015 not months away?
 Is it not clear that it is the self serving interest of a few that has sustained boko haram and insecurity in the country
 Will there be a return of normalcy if GEJ permits OBJ to handpick a northern president for 2015?

I must therefore state categorically that the current crisis rocking the nation is orchestrated by such characters that appear as national messiah but are aliens within their family circuit. Am therefore worried and compelled to articulate my thoughts into writing because some Nigerians are already developing soft skin to this political abracadabra without necessarily juxtaposing it on a rational scale.

Permit me therefore to call on my esteemed Governor of Rivers state to accord the presidency the decorum it thus deserves, for as much as I know great minds discuss issues and small minds people. GEJ is not the origin of the Nigerian crisis but a victim of collective conspiracy of which you are better informed about the conspirators. My heart bleeds as I write, for I desire a country well placed within the comity of nations. Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Osun Election:apc Decries Delay In Share Of Voters Card / Arewa Youths Give Southerners Two- Week Ultimatum To Leave / Nigeria Anti-robbery EMERGENCY RESCUE Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.