Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,031 members, 7,880,222 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 02:26 PM

Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 (1186 Views)

Buhari, Jonathan Emerge Vanguard Personalities Of The Year, 2015 / 10 Nigerian Governors At War With Their Predecessors / Top Nigerian Achievers Of Year 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 11:10am On Jan 01, 2014
There is no better time than now to give opinions on who are the most positively outstanding Nigerian personalities in Nigeria for year 2013. This is because year 2013 is effectively ended by midnight yesterday, so everybody has had chance to claim the title by eleventh hour. Also, we are newly in year 2014 with fresh memory of people and events of the expired year.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 11:15am On Jan 01, 2014
Of course, creating a list of top 10 Nigerian personality for the year will attract various compilations of people from diverse backgrounds and activities - who are mostly rightly qualified. But in order not to get boxed to such subjective selection process, it becomes essential that basic criteria be defined by which such list is complied.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 11:22am On Jan 01, 2014
CRITERIA

1. Nigerian (By any of the constitutional means)
2. His/Her work must be primarily focused on Nigeria/Nigerians
3. Such work as in (2) above must be accepted as having affected the targeted beneficiary group (No slide based performance thing o!...lol )
4. Such work as in (3) must be a positive type as it affects the society
5. Could be an individual or group or institution
6. It must be a representation of the best of us as a people
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 11:32am On Jan 01, 2014
I will by these set of criteria make a Top 10 list by opinion:

1. Nigerian Military/ Civilian JTF ( For their selfless efferts and sacrifices even by blood in NE Nigeria nad various other Peace keeping operations)

2. Steven Keshi ( For standing firm by his professional convictions and discipline even at face of losing public and administrative support before 2013 ACN, then going on to win the championship. More Nigerian professionals need this "dangerous resolute attitude", it's what brings about development )

3. Dr Akinwunmi Adeshina ( Agriculture has never had it so strong under any minister)

4. Sahara Reporter/ ASUU (Like them or hate them, you just can not ignore them)

5. "Angel Michael (R.I.P)" (The young man who risked his life to save a neighbour's baby trapped in an inferno in Benue State. Died from his burns)
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 11:54am On Jan 01, 2014
6. Don Jazzy (He surely knows how to create the next "big celebrity" in the music industry, and has been rarely successful in keeping his private affairs "private"wink

7. Alh. Aliko Dangote/ Innosson ( Dangote for his ever expanding frontier role in Nigerian real sector, and Innosson's rising investments in automobile manufacturing)

8. Blessing Okhagbare/ Chukwumerije (Lone stars in the current dark sky of Nigerian athletics)

9. Golden Eaglets of Nigeria (True eaglets that brought us pride and joy)

10. Babatunde Raji Fashola ( Administrator per excellence)
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2014
Above is my list, please create your own lists and let us share from your perspectives.

wink wink
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by Youngzedd(m): 12:27pm On Jan 01, 2014
Is that all

Happy New Year.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 12:34pm On Jan 01, 2014
^^^

lol. That's my list. Write ya own make we see. grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by Nobody: 9:03am On Jan 02, 2014
....an achiever,an enterprenuer,a resourceful man,a technocrat,amiable,most hated,most gentle but most toughest,the pacesetter,killed almighty PDP in Anambra State and Uba Clan including OBJ,finished N/Dr Chris Ahmed Tunde Ngige political career...

poo on local champion of the SW Bola Muhammed Tinubu of Muslim Brotherhood a.k.a APC,

made Fashola to postrate and eat the humble pie,
turned Fani Kayode from hero to villain.
The most hated man in yorobaman before Satan.

A mentor to GEJ and a tormrntor to Asiwaju.

The father of New Anambra and Igbo Rebirth,a role model to Progressive Nigeria Youths.

The man The WorldBank called a "Mentor" and an "Achiever".

A friend to Bill Gate and a foe to Joe Igbokwe.

Ladies and Gents here comes the wiseman from the East......

If i said "O" and you said "B" and another man said "I" .....oga na u sabi ooooooo
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by gratiaeo(m): 10:57am On Jan 02, 2014
Buddah Monk: ....an achiever,an enterprenuer,a resourceful man,a technocrat,amiable,most hated,most gentle but most toughest,the pacesetter,killed almighty PDP in Anambra State and Uba Clan including OBJ,finished N/Dr Chris Ahmed Tunde Ngige political career...

poo on local champion of the SW Bola Muhammed Tinubu of Muslim Brotherhood a.k.a APC,

The father of New Anambra and Igbo Rebirth,a role model to Progressive Nigeria Youths.

If i said "O" and you said "B" and another man said "I" .....oga na u sabi ooooooo
LWKMD
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:29am On Jan 02, 2014
Buddah Monk: ....an achiever,an enterprenuer,a resourceful man,a technocrat,amiable,most hated,most gentle but most toughest,the pacesetter,killed almighty PDP in Anambra State and Uba Clan including OBJ,finished N/Dr Chris Ahmed Tunde Ngige political career...

This isn't all...

*Took the state education system to number in the nation.
*Ran a state economy for eight year without borrowing kobo and still achieved more than those who receives more allocation and still borrowed.
*Increased the state budget by twenty percent for 2014.
Ladies and gentlemen I introduce......
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Personalities Of The Year 2013 by homerac7: 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2014
Good to hear your opinions. Given those strong achievements, he surely walks into the list.

But I hope it is not another power -point slide performance type o! lol

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Leader Arrested? / Boko Haram Insurgents Kill 100, And Captures Gwoza Town In Northern Nigeria / Why Must It Be Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.