Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,142 members, 7,890,851 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:57 PM

Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? (6857 Views)

My Fiancee Insist On Getting B.j First / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / Single! Why the Unseriousness in RELATIONSHIPS When One Is? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by KarmaMod(f): 4:33am On Aug 07, 2008
herpes doesnt leave so of course she's gonna be keep getting breakouts. It's a shame really

she can have kids just that she's gonna have to have them by C-section. undecided
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by bonebaba(m): 10:22am On Aug 07, 2008
from my own point of view, the issue of HIV and AIDS, to me its real but i i never see person wey get am for my area or someone i know wey get am, stop dulling us.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by delvinmaya(m): 10:27am On Aug 07, 2008
so are you trying to say it dont exist, that it a farce?
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Wokeyim(f): 12:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
@ bonebaba
Some acting like some primitive character or else you will be deceiving yourself.
Nobody who's got the virus will tell you he has it, and you will never know until it gets full-blown. Besides, these days there is treatment for the virus so It doesnt kill those who discover their status on time and start treatment.

I know four other people that have died of HIV, besides the case of the flirtateous lady who got married and died after childbirth, which I mentioned in this post earlier on. Then I know someone who is living with the virus to date - he even got married and has a baby who is still alive - I hear these days Doctors know how to stop mother-child transmission of the virus.

@ Others
I know there are other tests that need to be done besides HIV test. But as it regards timing, I think the two most important tests one should do once you enter into a relationship are HIV and genotype tests. This is because the status in these two tests cannot be changed, but the status can change people's lives. For instance, I can't say I wont marry Mr. A because he's got syphillis or some STD that can be treated, but knowing your partner's HIV status can decide if you will marry him or if you want the relationship in the first place. You can't meet a guy today and ask him to go run fertility tests, general tests with you. He'll think: "Oh, she already thinks I must marry her." And if it's from a guy to a girl, the girl will probably think the guy is set to do "I do" the following day. So while there are some tests that need to wait till the wedding period, or till you have got to know each other better, those two tests are necessary before u even start the relationship. Imagine dating a guy for four years before going to run a genotype test, only to discover you're both AS or SS!
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by carnal: 12:18pm On Aug 07, 2008
The best time is when the couple are ready to have unprotected sex and the guy has serious plans of walking down the aisle soon.

It is not only HIV that is important but a thorough medical check up including urine, blood, vaginal swab and excreta.

So many men have partially dead infections in their system .eg. Syphillis, staph, etc that were not fully treated and could lead to problems in child bearing.

Some ladies have stubborn yeast/toilet infections.

So the tests are very necessary so that treatment can be administered in full by a competent doctor and then they can proceed to the altar.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
i think agree with everyone here especially iamunique,the issue of hiv is way beyond just going through an hiv test,it should include series of test,because i have once dated a lady whom i felt it will lead to marriage took for her a test in my brother's clinic though she was hiv negative but she had syphillis including some toilet infections, so what am saying in that your gurl might be free of hiv dont jubilate yet until you carry out other tests!
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by awumen: 12:59pm On Aug 07, 2008
@wokeyim, i completely agree with you in totality,my advise to all is to test and if you positive,it is never the end you can still leave like every other person if you learn to treat and manage it properly.informations are ont he web, you can visit hospitals and ask questions and am sure you will get answers
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by dreswa20: 1:52pm On Aug 07, 2008
so u will be riding an infected privates till he propose, then, you will decide to make sure the privates is not over affected so that marriage cld be jolly jolly. Na wa oh

Help me ask them oh. That's what I mean. No need to wait till you want to marry someone when you may end up wasting the relationship. Time of test is now - I think in this computer age, everyone should know their HIV status by now sef.

yes, i quite agree with u. the best time to me is now. because some people have 5 years of relationship or more then, hw will u now tell the person of test when he or she is relax 4 marriage. is wrong so the best time is now so that u can protect ur future, if u are positive u go 4 treatment now b/4 it gets to Aids stage. check ur CD4 regular. Aids is real YOUTH pls help ur sef 2day by knowing ur satus.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by dreswa20: 1:57pm On Aug 07, 2008
[color=Black][color=#770077]so u will be riding an infected privates till he propose, then, you will decide to make sure the privates is not over affected so that marriage cld be jolly jolly. Na wa oh

Help me ask them oh. That's what I mean. No need to wait till you want to marry someone when you may end up wasting the relationship. Time of test is now - I think in this computer age, everyone should know their HIV status by now sef.

[/color] [/color]
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by KarmaMod(f): 2:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
bonebaba:

from my own point of view, the issue of HIV and AIDS, to me its real but i i never see person wey get am for my area or someone i know wey get am, stop dulling us.

Ode. Do you really think they will tell you?
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Anuliph(f): 11:08pm On Aug 07, 2008
Everyone is saying the best time is before they have sex. hello people,
how many of you plan the 'first sex ' with ur lover? ha? it 'just happens' in 99.9 of cases.
The point is passion gets the better of people, n before u can say HIV, ure already in bed with the person. Why du think HIV is rampant even though pple re aware? carelessness.
At most use protection until and even after you become sure of each other.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by TCUBE(m): 8:52am On Aug 08, 2008
before you start "shuking"
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Danielm2(m): 2:35pm On Aug 08, 2008
It will be dangerous to decide to go 4 test in few weeks to the wedding plan.U know, this stuff no dey show for face, it better make u suggest test as soon as u have in mind to make luv to each oda.i strongly believe that luv for each other would have been strong before deciding to dance to the alter.I can imagine what the negative result of the test will cause the proposed couple.the pain, stress,shame and all of the sort.Beware,
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by ayobase(m): 3:21pm On Aug 08, 2008
lucky u.
its even good to do
the test from time to time.
gels like u are what we are praying 4!!
SERIOUSNESS!!!
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by tope2000(f): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
When you both want to have sex without condom
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by brad(m): 3:48pm On Aug 08, 2008
When you start getting the symptoms. Ha. Just joking.
I think Seun's right. when you have decided to start sleeping with the person
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by udokaEkwe: 4:06pm On Aug 08, 2008
Hi guys, be wise in oder not get broken heart, is better to be tested before going deeper into relationship, than been in love and later discover that your partner is positive.
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by uchetobi(f): 4:22pm On Aug 08, 2008
at d begginning
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Wokeyim(f): 5:12pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ awumen
Hi guy, am so happy you've been able to coordinate your life so well. Hope people will learn from you. Wish you the best!

@ dreswa20
You got ma drift! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by keba(m): 5:24pm On Aug 10, 2008
the best time is now not necessarily that you want to date b4 you get to know your HIV status.
know YOURS today. the earlier the better shocked shocked
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by slyk2(m): 12:28pm On Aug 11, 2008
this is TEST wahala.
the end justifies the reason. ha ha ha!
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by bimzy: 2:58pm On Aug 11, 2008
pls ,pls and pls. this test shd b taken seriously before wedding even if the couples are virgin.
prefarably wen they av made up thier mind to become intimate or wen they are courting, could be shockinshocked shocked cool
genotype test shd also be done so that the couple wont be giving birth to sickle cell children
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Wumine(f): 12:11pm On Jan 09, 2009
The beginning of the relationship of course!
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by smooooooth: 1:42pm On Jan 09, 2009
every 6months before the relationship. every six months during the relationship and every six months after the break up. and even with all this measures still wear your condom, because u cant trust what your partner will do 5mins out of ya sight.

thats why marriage is a risk, u just have to do it RAW. for better for worse, i pity those who want to get married.

1 Like

Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by Nobody: 8:05pm On May 30, 2011
every three months. cool
Re: Relationships: When Is The Right Time To Insist On A Hiv Test? by WhyAWhy(m): 3:16am On Aug 29, 2011
when we decide to get married, since there wouldn't be any form of intimacy prior to that wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Thing Women Desire Most But They Will Never Tell U. / He Is Sleeping With His Friend's Girlfriend / Is It Bad If A Boyfriend Does Not Call Everyday?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.