Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,908 members, 7,938,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 11:37 AM

Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? (848 Views)

Did you know that Pull Out Game Is Sinful? / It is well / Incredible Harmony: A Church And A Mosque In One Building (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by viceb: 2:57pm On Aug 06, 2008
Hello Nlanders,

My present observation in Lagos is a situation whereby the incumbent government is struggling to show something for their tenure. The best way I have seen Fashola expressing that is by pulling down structures, all in the name of constructing either this or that.

The funny thing is that in most cases, churches are pulled down. I have never witnessed a mosque pulled. What I want to know is whether the man can pull down a mosque? Why are Christians being victimised in disguise?
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by JeSoul(f): 2:59pm On Aug 06, 2008
viceb:

Hello Nlanders,

My present observation in Lagos is a situation whereby the incumbent government is struggling to show something for their tenure. The best way I have seen Fashola expressing
That is by pulling down structure, all in the name of constructing either this or that.

The funny thing is that in most cases, churches are pulled down. I have never witnessed a mosque pulled. What I want to know is whether the man can pull down a mosque? Why are Christians being victimised in disguise?
   because if Fashola should even hint at pulling down a mosque, they will declare Jihad! and fatwa! on his behind.  grin  cool
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by MissyB1(m): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
Jesoul ma sis,
seriously why do pple run their mouth on christains and yet fear no dey let dem near muslim? shocked shocked
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by JeSoul(f): 3:32pm On Aug 06, 2008
Missy B:

Jesoul ma sis,
seriously why do people run their mouth on christains and yet fear no dey let them near muslim? shocked shocked
  my dear its because they know we christians will NOT react with violence, but follow the example of Christ who taught us to love in return for hate, and to pray for those who persecute us.
  Whereas islam is fiercely opposed to anything and anyone who dares question muhammed or the quran.

Not even that long ago one muslim in here declared fatwa on Seun if he did not 'control' the 'insults' muslims were getting on Nairaland. Seun then put a ban on us to show "respect" to "the great religion" as he was genuinely scared for his life . . . no be small tin at all.

But I will say though that I've followed some of the convos of some muslims here on Nairaland and some of them are intelligent, peaceful, well-meaning people. It's just that the majority are violent fanatics who have no respect for others lives and property.
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by MissyB1(m): 3:34pm On Aug 06, 2008
I see but ur second paragraph,is it true shocked shocked shocked

Lord hammercy!!
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by JeSoul(f): 3:37pm On Aug 06, 2008
Missy B:

I see but your second paragraph,is it true shocked shocked shocked

Lord hammercy!!
LOL cheesy true as can be. We were banned from posting anything that "disrespected" islam or muhammed. The result was Seun then creating a "special" forum for islam and muslims only . . . you see the link ontop the religion page abi? cheesy
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by MissyB1(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2008
Sis,i can see it oh.This jst struck moi like a big rock grin

God dey sha. grin

HEHEHE
I jst realised that even d moderators re muslims
HMMMM dat xplains alotta things.
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by MCUsman(m): 4:24pm On Aug 06, 2008
El Rufai brought down many Mosque in Abuja.
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by AKO1(m): 4:29pm On Aug 06, 2008
We all know that El-Rufai is a confident, brave titan because He did a lot of other things in Abuja that were very daring, like depriving the poor okada riders of their means of livelihood.

In essence pulling down a mosque is not for the faint-hearted! shocked
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by tpia: 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2008
JeSoul:

LOL cheesy true as can be. We were banned from posting anything that "disrespected" islam or muhammed. The result was Seun then creating a "special" forum for islam and muslims only . . . you see the link ontop the religion page abi? cheesy

actually, they threatened him again for "changing" key Islamic words like Muslim, Islam and Mohammed, saying he was disrespecting Islam. After that, he gave them their own forum.

That particular thread was deleted, I think.

@ topic: wasnt there a riot in Oshogbo recently, over the RUMOR that a doctor had bought a local mosque?
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by JeSoul(f): 5:35pm On Aug 06, 2008
tpia:

actually, they threatened him again for "changing" key Islamic words like Muslim, Islam and Mohammed, saying he was disrespecting Islam. After that, he gave them their own forum.

That particular thread was deleted, I think.

that musta happened while I was on vacation smiley. Ah ah I thot they liked the fact he was censoring our posts and automatically changing "mohammed" to "the great prophet" and "islam" to "the great religion" etc . . . oh so they weren't happy, is that why Seun changed things back to normal? I've been wondering since I started seeing those full words again . . .
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by tpia: 7:06pm On Aug 06, 2008
JeSoul:

that musta happened while I was on vacation smiley. Ah ah I thot they liked the fact he was censoring our posts and automatically changing "mohammed" to "the great prophet" and "islam" to "the great religion" etc . . . oh so they weren't happy, is that why Seun changed things back to normal? I've been wondering since I started seeing those full words again . . .

oh boy, you should have seen that thread. cool
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by JeSoul(f): 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2008
tpia:

oh boy, you should have seen that thread. cool
indeed I should've smiley. Now I know what to do when I want to demand something from our esteemed moderators and oga kpatakpata Seun. . . na to declare christian fatwa!  cool
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by javalove(m): 10:36am On Aug 07, 2008
Only Allah can guide the lost!
Re: Can Fashola Pull Down A Mosque? by lucabrasi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 07, 2008
fashola is muslim and without sounding subjective,you know how touchy muslims are with just qurans not to talk of pulling down a whole mosque,rather than questioning why christians dnt take actions when churches are being pulled down,i think we should celebrate that awesome spirit within us to see the church as what it is just a shell and not actually a determinant of how holy we are

(1) (Reply)

What Your Brain Looks Like On Faith. / Missions In Africa Campuses-mac / Pastor Deflected Gunshot With Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.