Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,050 members, 7,903,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 July 2024 at 12:24 PM

Cardiff Appoint Solskjaer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cardiff Appoint Solskjaer (517 Views)

European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga)Arsenal Vs Cardiff Jan.1,2014 / Osaze Odemwingie Completes Move To Cardiff / Yobo Could Be At Cardiff City Next Season (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cardiff Appoint Solskjaer by neeyhmutate(m): 2:14pm On Jan 02, 2014
Cardiff City have confirmed the appointment of former Manchester United striker Ole Gunnar Solskjaer as their new manager.

The Bluebirds had been strongly linked with a move for Molde boss Solskjaer after the sacking of Malky Mackay following a 3-0 defeat at home to Southampton last month.

The 40-year-old was pictured in the stands with Cardiff owner Vincent Tan during the club’s 2-0 defeat at Arsenal on Wednesday.

And a statement on Cardiff’s official website, which gave no details of the deal Solskjaer has signed at the Cardiff City Stadium, said: “Cardiff City Football Club are delighted to announce that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has joined the club as first team manager.
Re: Cardiff Appoint Solskjaer by Bantino(m): 2:18pm On Jan 02, 2014
Good for them, but they should not expect him to perform miracles or set unrealistic goals for him.
Re: Cardiff Appoint Solskjaer by IamNanas(m): 2:36pm On Jan 02, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] I think its a good choice of manager,he has a good record in his homeland.
Re: Cardiff Appoint Solskjaer by neeyhmutate(m): 3:00pm On Jan 02, 2014
Ole Solskjaer has an impeccable-decision making on the pitch. I think his appointment will confound the predictions that Tan would struggle to attract a manager after his needless underming of Malky Mackay.

The appeal of the 40-year-old is obvious: he won back-to-back league titles with Molde and lifted the Norwegian cup in his final season in his homeland. To do so at a club without a tradition of success only adds to his appeal to an ambitious arriviste such as Tan himself.

But for me, the question is not why Tan wanted Solksjaer, but why he chose Cardiff considering the obvious sizeable transfer budget and pay rise from some quarters of the team?

(1) (Reply)

Rate The Super Eagles Players For Worldcup 2014 / Photos : Luis Suarez Apologizes To Chiellini Over Biting Controversy / World Cup - I bet that the two will win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.