Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,602 members, 7,878,726 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 04:21 AM

Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) (17237 Views)

Aero 6,000 Naira Airfare In 2010,is It Real? / For Those Coming To South Africa In 2010 / The Face Of A New Africa In Tinapa,calabar. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 5:14pm On Aug 12, 2008
Police

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 5:15pm On Aug 12, 2008
more police

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by tpia: 5:58pm On Aug 12, 2008
Eziachi:

Don't bring colour into this. Are saying that we shall bring back the Brits so that we can be like South Africa? There is nothing wrong with black man and their skills, it just that our culture of bigmanism is killing many African nations. People in power threat their positions as unelected Monarchs.

South African is still progressing after aparthide because Mandela set the pace for good governance, couple with well develop white skills which they deliberately retained instaed of being consumed by revenge after the minority rule but the likes of Nigeria completely wiped out any trace of the whiteman after their independence instaed of keeping some of them for a while to get the skills from them.

Nigeria for instance were so desperate that they change the way we drive from left to right just to prove a point, changed the pounds to a useless Naira just to prove a point of our independent. Look at at how Mugabe ended up with Zimbabwe when he decided to use unskillful people instaed of experience.

like it or not- South Africa was not built for you, a black person. Unless you also want to deny being black. South Africa was developed for and by whites.

If you think the issue of color can be separated from the story of south Africa, then your self deceit knows no bounds.

Nigeria does not have the same degree of white penetration as south Africa did because of the way the region was administered. I'm not your history teacher- go and learn these basic things which every small child used to know before Nigerians like you discovered the internet and got visa to travel abroad.

look up Cecil Rhodes, who Rhodesia was named after. There were countless more south African whites like him.

Talking of desperate Nigerians- you're certainly a good example. Someone who denies his birthplace and heritage just to lick some foreign boots somewhere. Its your type the whites locked up in "homesteads" during apartheid.

Too much boot licking is not good.

The south African is here promoting his country. You are here denigrating yours and you think your attitude isnt self defeating.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 5:32am On Aug 13, 2008
City to host IOC congress
Durban Olympic bid gets a boost
August 08, 2008 Edition 2

SIPHO KHUMALO & SUREN NAIDOO

Durban's bid to host the 2020 Summer Olympics was given a major boost yesterday when the International Olympic Committee (IOC) announced that the city would be the venue for the committee's 2011 congress to announce the host of the 2018 Winter Olympics.

The announcement would be made after the 123rd IOC General Assembly's congress.

Those behind Durban's bid for the 2020 Olympics are planning to canvass high-ranking IOC chiefs for the city to host the global spectacle.

The IOC's decision to declare Durban the venue for the 2011 congress - ahead of Hong Kong - has been widely welcomed.

The event will see thousands of influential personalities, accompanied by world media, descending on Durban, giving the city and KwaZulu-Natal exposure to more than one billion TV viewers.

Ethekwini municipal manager Michael Sutcliffe, speaking from Beijing where the announcement was made, described the IOC's decision as "an incredible honour".

"Granting us the opportunity to host you in 2011 would reinforce our place as part of the family of sporting nations in this, the 90th year of our iconic leader, Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela," he said. "It will help us pay tribute to the legacy of all great Olympic athletes from Africa, and assist us as we entrench the Olympic spirit among our people."

Hosting the event would mean a lot for Durban and KwaZulu-Natal.

"Not only economically and from a marketing point of view, but it will also be the first time the IOC hosts such a prestigious meeting in Africa," he said.

Ethekwini mayor Obed Mlaba was delighted. "It comes on the eve of our Olympic team's formal reception in Beijing and a day before our athletes attend the opening of the Beijing Olympics, and is great news for Durban, South Africa and Africa," he said.

Arts, culture and tourism MEC Weziwe Thusi said the announcement was exciting news for KZN tourism. The eyes of the world would be focused on Durban and KZN, "providing another rare opportunity for the world to see what our province has to offer international visitors", she said.

Sport and recreation MEC Amichand Rajbansi said the IOC's move was a great step towards Durban getting the 2020 Olympics.

"The fact that Durban has been chosen as the venue for the IOC meeting improves the stature of our city," he said.

South African Tourism chief executive officer Moeketsi Mosola was "absolutely thrilled".

"The announcement reinforced the fact that without doubt South Africa is recognised internationally as a world-class tourism destination worthy and capable of hosting global events of the magnitude and stature of the IOC congress in 2011. It shows the kind of confidence that the IOC has in South Africa and Durban - following our country hosting major events like the 1995 and 2003 rugby and cricket world cups; the African Nations Cup in 1996; the Twenty20 Cricket World Cup last year; and the big 2010 Fifa World Cup."

Durban Tourism acting chief executive Perry Moodley said hosting the IOC congress was a strategic move in light of the city's ambition to host a summer Olympics.

"Getting Olympic decision-makers from around the world in Durban is most important. We want them to see the infrastructure we have and are building. We believe the city has a strong chance of hosting an Olympic Games," he said.

SOURCE:
http://www.themercury.co.za/?fArticleId=4548325 ;
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_i, 0003892C497699
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 6:14am On Aug 13, 2008
If your in durban,visit Gateway

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 6:17am On Aug 13, 2008
More Gateway

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 6:20am On Aug 13, 2008
More

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Jakumo(m): 6:37am On Aug 13, 2008
To Mpele or RSA,  I've never set foot in South Africa, and hearing the stories about street mugging and car-jacking of the sort that claimed the life of Lucky Dube a little while back, I must say I'd be very hesitant to go there in search of a peaceful vacation spot, but I do have a few questions on the subject of race relations.

While Apartheid is thankfully consigned to the history books now, reports I continue to hear suggest that like many areas of the USA, there still exists a subtle but very rigid de-facto segregation of the races in SA, whereby the various races live together in that beautiful land, but generally avoid mingling socially in any meaningful way.  How true is this observation from your own experience ?  If, for example, you are a moderately successful black South-African who happens to enjoy the company of  blue-eyed, blonde girl-friends, would you have to be careful and selective about where you socialize with them, so as to avoid having those jealous hate-stares escalate into confrontation ?

Also is it your experience that some of the more affluent residential neighborhoods in South African metropolitan areas are STILL effectively off-limits to black or Asian home-buyers, regardless of their financial status ?   In the same vein, can blacks expect to encounter unwarranted police harassment when they venture into largely white-inhabited areas, as is the case in quite a few places I can think of stateside ?
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 7:30am On Aug 13, 2008
Jakumo:

To Mpele or RSA, I've never set foot in South Africa, and hearing the stories about car-jackings and street muggins, I must say I'd be very hesitant to go there in search of a peaceful vacation spot, but I do have a few questions on the subject of race relations.

While Apartheid is thankfully consigned to the history books now, reports I continue to hear suggest that like many areas of the USA, there still exists a subtle but very rigid de-facto segregation of the races in SA, whereby the various races live together in that beautiful land, but generally avoid mingling socially in any meaningful way. How true is this observation from your own experience ? If, for example you are a moderately successful black South-African who happens to enjoy the company of blue-eyed, blonde girl-friends, would you have to be careful and selective about where you socialize with them, so as to avoid having those jealous hate-stares escalate into confrontation ?

Also is it your experience that some of the more affluent residential neighborhoods in South African metropolitan areas are STILL effectively off-limits to black or Asian home-buyers, regardless of their financial status ? In the same vein, can blacks expect to encounter unwarranted police harassment when they venture into largely white-inhabited areas, as is the case in quite a few places I can think of stateside ?

As far as I know,you can date anyone anywhere,I have a friend who is married to a white lady.Yes they still get stares from both whites and blacks but not neccessarly hate stares.And in terms of property or neighbourhood there is no restriction at all.Yes there are places where you feel unwelcome,especially the small towns that are far from everything.Things have change dramatically in this country,apartheid look like something that happened 50 years ago.
Today South Africa is divided into the haves and haves not,both blacks and whites.And no Police will stop you because your black,unless you look suspicious whether your black or white.As for crime i dont know your country but every country have no go areas,As a tourist you will be safe as long as your well informed
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Jakumo(m): 7:35am On Aug 13, 2008
Thanks for the quick reply, RSA. It seems South Africa has exorcised the demons of the past far more efficiently than much of North America. One day I will get up the nerve, among other things probably, to make that pilgrimage to the Swazi Reed Festival next door to you there.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Mpele(m): 7:57am On Aug 13, 2008
Race relations in South Africa is like in USA and Brazil. But mainly our system is like the one in the USA. Just like in the states the areas are divided. In the states you have the hood or the ghetto, while in South Africa we have the townships. Racial segregation has ruled the two countries for two centuries. After 1994 in South Africa thing improved. Blacks, Whites and Indians mingle freely and even marry each other. Yes just like in Europe and America we also have right wing, racist whites. But besides that race relations have improved. The only thing that makes our so called fellow Africans hate us is that we don't have any connection with the continent in terms of the way of life and also the culture. The only thing binding us together is the skin colour and the geographic location of our country. You average South Africans don't even know some of the countries in the continent. Two of the most well known countries are Zimbabwe and Nigeria.

What I want to tell Nigerians is that we never choose to live like this. Nobody called white people to South Africa. To tell the truth, I'm glad they came. Our standard of living is way much better than of any country in Africa. Many South Africans don't even see a need to seek a better life in America or Britain. Many Africans who are in Europe or America always say that they're exploring, that's a lie. Many of you are escaping poverty in your countries. I've been to Ibadan and also Lagos. The level of poverty in these towns is no difference to other countries like Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon etc. Yes we have poverty in South Africa, but that is a drop in the ocean compered to Africa.

People can insult us and call us names, but I' proud that I'm living in a cultural melting pot. I don't need buy a plane ticket to see white, Indians and other tribes. I have them right here. I have Indian, Chinese and white friends. I have learned about ther culture and they've learned about mine. I proudly South African
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by morpheus24: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2008
Mpele:

Race relations in South Africa is like in USA and Brazil. But mainly our system is like the one in the USA. Just like in the states the areas are divided. In the states you have the hood or the ghetto, while in South Africa we have the townships. Racial segregation has ruled the two countries for two centuries. After 1994 in South Africa thing improved. Blacks, Whites and Indians mingle freely and even marry each other. Yes just like in Europe and America we also have right wing, racist whites. But besides that race relations have improved. The only thing that makes our so called fellow Africans hate us is that we don't have any connection with the continent in terms of the way of life and also the culture. The only thing binding us together is the skin colour and the geographic location of our country. You average South Africans don't even know some of the countries in the continent. Two of the most well known countries are Zimbabwe and Nigeria.

What I want to tell Nigerians is that we never choose to live like this. Nobody called white people to South Africa. To tell the truth, I'm glad they came. Our standard of living is way much better than of any country in Africa. Many South Africans don't even see a need to seek a better life in America or Britain. Many Africans who are in Europe or America always say that they're exploring, that's a lie. Many of you are escaping poverty in your countries. I've been to Ibadan and also Lagos. The level of poverty in these towns is no difference to other countries like Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon etc. Yes we have poverty in South Africa, but that is a drop in the ocean compered to Africa.

People can insult us and call us names, but I' proud that I'm living in a cultural melting pot. I don't need buy a plane ticket to see white, Indians and other tribes. I have them right here. I have Indian, Chinese and white friends. I have learned about ther culture and they've learned about mine. I proudly South African

4 the first time in this forum you are actually bringing it on an intellectual stance. You hit the nail on the head on several points. I am a student of African history and each time I come across the history of S. Africa and its aftermath there is no doubt in its striking similarities with the experience of African Americans in America in terms of the psyche of the people.

There has been an observable disconnect of S. Africans with the continent of Africa in terms of knowledge and a shared history of relations. A problem whether deliberately constructed or circumstantial, non the less a problem. Everyone loves their country as much as you love yours so don't question the reasons people flee their homelands, If they had a choice they would not leave. Everyman seeks to exercise his right to life and liberty anywhere he can find it, because SAfricans are fortunate or unfortunate enough (depending on how you look at it) to benefit from the foundations of first world technologies, does not make you better in any human terms that another human. SOME people would not trade the inhumane treatment and psychological damage of many who have suffered in the hands of oppressors for all the luxuries in the world. I suggest you study the HAUSA people that live in Nigeria and calculate the percentage of them who actually leave the country.

Like the African Americans it is ultimately your choice if you wish to have a solid cross cultural relationship with the rest of Africa. Whether you do or not , We will still be hear today, tommorrow, next millenium and forever. You have seen what segregation and separation creates. The bullying effect is a very powerful psychological phenomenon. FREE YOUR MIND!
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Mpele(m): 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2008
The thing is most South Africans don't see anything that Africa can offer to them. Yes we're African, but most South Africans have never been to other African countries. I blame the education system and our government to an extent to this. Your elemantary school kids up to the Universities are not taught anything about the African culture. That's why if you ask most South Africans on what is the capital of Ghana they wont even answer you. If you can ask them on what is the capital of Australia you'll get a straight answer from them. The reason for this is that for e.g our Sporting codes have forged ralationships with Australia and New Zealand when coming to sports, as the three countries are part of the southern hemisphere. With sports we've managed to gorge relations with Australia and New Zealand.

Why don't we do the same with Africa. Sports always play that role of bringing people together. Our Universities have student exchange programmes with the Canadian. European, Brazillian and American universities. Why don't we do the same with African countries, so that we can learn from each other. These stereotypes of saying Nigerians are noisy, South Africans arrogant etc, will never end.

Another thing that make South Africans to dislike most African foreigners is that most Africans have the sense of entitlement and most of them are cocky. One thing I've realised about South Africans is that most of them are untrusting of strangers, they're also short tempered and always quick to react. South Africans generally don't have a problem with North Africans as when the're in the country they always behave. East Africans are always well behaved. The reason why Zimbabwean and Mozambiquans are hated is the fact that they commit the most crime. Do you know that the most wanted criminal of the last two years was a Mozambiquan guy. Most people don't even know that Lucky Dube was killed by Mozambiquan thugs.

Just imagine if a Ghanaian national can kill a popular musician in Nigeria. Surely knowing Nigerians, I think the would be a Ghanaian backlash. Thats human nature.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by jumobi1(m): 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2008
S-Africa cities are examples of whut most of Africa can at least look like. In all honesty, the whites have something to do wit how it looks but anyway, we must support our S.A/Pantsula brothers, Go to SA2010 if you can. Mbuntu!!
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by morpheus24: 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2008
Africa has a lot to offer to Black South Africans. Most S. Africans should make it a perogative to travel to other african countires if not for leisure then business. The same reason an Afrian American doesn't know the capital of Ghana is the same reason a S. African doesn't.

The use of the word "FOREIGNER" is alien to most Africans or more precise West Africans. I do not see a Ghanaian or senegalese person as a foreigner in the country though they are, its a misnomer to my thinking. THe very word creates division. The cockiness of most Africans is misunderstood and simply self pride in ones identity.

Theh bully effect is what causes Short-tempered ness in most South Africans as well as the quick reaction time. See similarities with African Americans to understand that point. Everyone should behave when they venture into someone elses country but that is not an open invitation to intimidation.
To understand the Nigerian psyche you have to imagine the largest number of people living on the continent struggling in a small space. This breeds aggression, a wanting to stand out in all situations and a yearning to progress rapidlly. Competition creates this.

I speak to a lot of a Africans and the excitement of SA hosting the World cup has dwindled amongst the continent's populous due to the negative imagery of the unwelcome spirit of SAfricans . I am however aware of the media hype and know this is not something that happens on a daily basis. Hoever imagery is a powerful medium and i am really not sure how You guys will fix that but its up to you.
As for Nigeria we know what problems we have as far as imagery is concerned but as you probably know well now have to live with these perceptions and only try our best to let people know out of 140 million people there are only a minute number of rotten eggs.

Good luck with 2010.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by tpia: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2008
Mpele:

The thing is most South Africans don't see anything that Africa can offer to them. Yes we're African, but most South Africans have never been to other African countries. I blame the education system and our government to an extent to this. Your elemantary school kids up to the Universities are not taught anything about the African culture. That's why if you ask most South Africans on what is the capital of Ghana they wont even answer you. If you can ask them on what is the capital of Australia you'll get a straight answer from them. The reason for this is that for e.g our Sporting codes have forged ralationships with Australia and New Zealand when coming to sports, as the three countries are part of the southern hemisphere. With sports we've managed to gorge relations with Australia and New Zealand.

Why don't we do the same with Africa. Sports always play that role of bringing people together. Our Universities have student exchange programmes with the Canadian. European, Brazillian and American universities. Why don't we do the same with African countries, so that we can learn from each other. These stereotypes of saying Nigerians are noisy, South Africans arrogant etc, will never end.

Another thing that make South Africans to dislike most African foreigners is that most Africans have the sense of entitlement and most of them are cocky. One thing I've realised about South Africans is that most of them are untrusting of strangers, they're also short tempered and always quick to react. South Africans generally don't have a problem with North Africans as when the're in the country they always behave. East Africans are always well behaved. The reason why Zimbabwean and Mozambiquans are hated is the fact that they commit the most crime. Do you know that the most wanted criminal of the last two years was a Mozambiquan guy. Most people don't even know that Lucky Dube was killed by Mozambiquan thugs.

Just imagine if a Ghanaian national can kill a popular musician in Nigeria. Surely knowing Nigerians, I think the would be a Ghanaian backlash. Thats human nature.

Its very annoying the way you always try to rewrite history, as if people are unaware of the issues in South Africa.

The practice of necklacing in south Africa- was this also done by "African foreigners"?

Stop presenting yourselves as if your blacks are better than other blacks just because whites decided to migrate there. If you're black, you're black and no amount of kowtowing to whites will change your color.

You have no positive awareness in any way, of the black experience.  To you, everything black is negative negative negative, and you're trying to pretend you only have this attitude towards foreign Africans. You're so fake, not to mention transparent. And a fop.

Need I ask again why its so important to you to get validation from Nigerians. As so many have asked you before. Are you not getting any recognition from fellow south Africans?
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Mpele(m): 7:51am On Aug 14, 2008
Fistly let me address tpia! dude i did not join nairaland to argue with people like you! If you're proudly Nigerian then what the hell are you doing in New Zealand. For the record, the reason I joined Nairaland is that, it was recommended to me by my Nigerian friend who reside in South Africa. Another reason I joined is that I find Nigerians to be some of the most free spirited people in Africa. They have a great sense of humour. Its always nice to debate with them. Most of them have the western culture of debating in a liberal and democratic manner. As for you tpia! You have a tendency of always wanting to be right. Not everybody will like you, or agree with you.

Morpheus I get your point and to some extent I agree with you, South Africans need to make it a point that they learn about their fellow African brothers. The apartheid regime made them believe that other Africans are sub human! This again goes back to the issue of the media. The media is a powerful tool that have created most of the problems that we have today. The one thing that I have picked up from our media is that whenever the president of our sports teams go to other African countries you'll get reports like e.g " Bafana Bafana will be going to Africa to play Nigeria in a friendly match" Statements like this gives you a hint that most South Africans don't think that they belong to Africa. With the recent xenophobic attacks, there are strong possibilities that there might be a third force that was behind those attacks.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Thor(m): 8:06am On Aug 14, 2008
Since South Africa assumed a seat as a non-Permanent Member of the Security Council for the period 2007-2008, it has used its position on the Council to suppress resolutions condemning acts of violence and human rights violation elsewhere in Africa.

Apparently the supposedly great African nation has no problems with the conflict in Darfur and recent ICC indictment of Sudan’s president, election troubles in Zimbabwe, or the xenophobic violence directed against immigrants on its own soil.

Blinded by self interest as exemplified by Dumisani Kumalo, its UN ambassador, South Africa’s hope to spearhead democratic reforms, justice, peace and security on the continent in the post-apartheid era is becoming an illusion.

Modern South Africa has become a country with no shame.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 8:16am On Aug 14, 2008
Thor:

Since South Africa assumed a seat as a non-Permanent Member of the Security Council for the period 2007-2008, it has used its position on the Council to suppress resolutions condemning acts of violence and human rights violation elsewhere in Africa.

Apparently the supposedly great African nation has no problems with the conflict in Darfur and recent ICC indictment of Sudan’s president, election troubles in Zimbabwe, or the xenophobic violence directed against immigrants on its own soil.

Blinded by self interest as exemplified by Dumisani Kumalo, its UN ambassador, South Africa’s hope to spearhead democratic reforms, justice, peace and security on the continent in the post-apartheid era is becoming an illusion.

Modern South Africa has become a country with no shame.

Thor the UK boy give us the source of your allegations.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Thor(m): 8:21am On Aug 14, 2008
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 8:56am On Aug 14, 2008
Thor:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7556713.stm

What is this? Iwant a link to this allegations "Since South Africa assumed a seat as a non-Permanent Member of the Security Council for the period 2007-2008, it has used its position on the Council to suppress resolutions condemning acts of violence and human rights violation elsewhere in Africa.

Blinded by self interest as exemplified by Dumisani Kumalo, its UN ambassador, South Africa’s hope to spearhead democratic reforms, justice, peace and security on the continent in the post-apartheid era is becoming an illusion".
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by adconline(m): 9:01am On Aug 14, 2008
RSA.
Please do you have any connection to  any of these so  called "white people" who "built" these magnificent structures? I wont mind if they can build my village even  if they wine and dine with devil, so long as my village will be beautiful as your country. No jibiti
I think  your govt is not doing enough on tourism cos we dont see pictures like these  on CNN, SABC, BBC. Its time for SA to market itself like Malaysia, Dubai,Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia etc Wonderful pics. Dont engage your energy with some folks who  dont know what it means to live in an organized  place cos they have been shown one.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2008
Nigerians relationship with other countries in the continent is no different to south africa it might even be worse than ours.If you dont believe me read this threads.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-22287.0.html (West African Countries Hate Nigerians?) and https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17025.0.html (What's Up With Ghana And Nigeria? ).
South Africa has done a lot in Africa,our goverment took a leading role in creating a peaceful and successful Africa.Our companies have invested and therefore created jobs in most countries in Africa,we have over 5 million of our brothers from the continent who work and live in the country and play important roles in our society.What more do you guys want from South Africa?
I think no matter what South Africa do will never be good enough for you,that is why we feel that If you have no effect on our Rand  then who give a bloodydamn what you think.!!South Africa belong to whites" South Africans hate Africans" South Africans will kill me for my nairas" "I will get AIDS in South Africa" .Shut the , up,We cant hear you.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 9:41am On Aug 14, 2008
adconline:

RSA.
Please do you have any connection to any of these so called "white people" who "built" these magnificent structures? I wont mind if they can build my village even if they wine and dine with devil, so long as my village will be beautiful as your country. No jibiti
I think your govt is not doing enough on tourism because we don't see pictures like these on CNN, SABC, BBC. Its time for SA to market itself like Malaysia, Dubai,Brazil, Mexico, Indonesia etc Wonderful pics. Dont engage your energy with some folks who don't know what it means to live in an organized place because they have been shown one.

Ta my bro! Our government is doing great job in making sure that it improve and maintain our infrastructure,South African blacks played big roles in building all this infrastructures just as African American helped build America,there are more development in south Africa now than during apartheid days,we are building more roads,houses,power facilities,hospitals,schools,rails,airports than before.There are lots of countries who had good infrastructures that was left by their colonisers and they failed to maintain it.So should we be ashamed that we maintained ours?
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by adconline(m): 9:42am On Aug 14, 2008
RSA,
Its also possible that Nigerians will be  the first to tell you that their country sucks. I seem to notice that some other countries  don't seem  to see  bad things in their countries. I had a  confrontational  discussion with a Somalian who said  to me that Nigerians were all  bad folks and when I asked him about terrorism, he told me that  he did not believe in western classification of terrorism. I was dumbfounded. I think people use a different rationale to accept  bad situations in their domains.

I read that ANC Govt has built millions of houses since coming into power, while same thing cannot be said of Naija. I would also think that enthroning a majority rule set a high bar for SA govt, because folks would say " now you are in charge" take care of your own people. No more excuses.

Carry go for your country. I want my village to be as beautiful as your city.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Mpele(m): 9:43am On Aug 14, 2008
You can't blame us for the fact that Sudananese are killing each other. As for Zimbabwe, the president has done everything in his power to talk to Mugabe. Anyway don't tell me about BBC and CNN. Those are racist organisations with no backbone just like you (thor)!

People like you expected South Africa to be the US and UK lapdogs when we joined the security council. Unfortunatly we're not gonna do that. South Africa is a non alligned country. We only do business with the west. When coming to forming unholy alliances with devils like George Bush and Gordon Brown, don't expect to see us there.

We have our own interests with our fellow top 5 developing countries. (Brazil, India, Mexico, China and South Africa) These countries form what we call the outrich 5. They form what we call the G13 when meeting with the G8.

We have a bigger fish to fry.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 9:55am On Aug 14, 2008
Mpele ke lebogela dinthla tsotlhe tsa gago.

@adconline South African are the most self criticising nation I know,you might even think that we are not patriotic enough.That is why you know about crime,corruptions and other thing that happen within the country.Our media tells it like it is,and you know what they say "bad stories make good news"WE are free society,honest and not pretentious,we don't like you we show you.And we hate people who like to intimidate.
Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 10:25am On Aug 14, 2008
Now back to the future,this is some of the road in Jogurg,Major roads

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 10:26am On Aug 14, 2008
More of Joburg roads

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 10:38am On Aug 14, 2008
This are Pics of Durban roads

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by RSA(m): 10:49am On Aug 14, 2008
S A road

Re: Enjoy South Africa In 2010 (a Must See) by Mpele(m): 12:07pm On Aug 14, 2008
South African sports fans

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Please I Need Direction To Gbagada!!! / NIS Arrests 400 Illegal Immigrants In Edo State / Robbery: We Didn’t Review Visa Validity For Nigerians –UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.