Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,116 members, 7,907,063 topics. Date: Wednesday, 31 July 2024 at 10:19 PM

How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming (701 Views)

Man Drowns In Lagos While Swimming To Win A Bet / The 'Water Babies': 9-months, Cant Walk Or Talk, But Can Swim / How To Stay Online For 24/7 On Facebook Without Havin Mb Or Data Plan On Your Ph (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming by raheemat21: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Want to hold your breath underwater longer? Do this.

If you hyperventilate, you can hold your breath underwater longer.This is because when you hyperventilate, you are getting rid of a lot of the CO2 in your body.
CO2 buildup is one of the causes for you feeling pain when you hold your breath too long. By getting rid of it, you delay the body's need to breathe for longer.

However, this can also be dangerous. Hyperventilation reduces the level of CO2 but does not particularly increase the level of Oxygen in your bloodstream
This means that you may run out of oxygen but because you don't have CO2, you won't feel the need to breathe and you may pass out!.
Re: How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming by hotmolo(m): 2:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
I don't swim dogh. Nice piece

1 Like

Re: How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming by Sobrit(m): 3:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
In conclusion, more of a problem than a solution to apply your discovery
Re: How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming by Emmyk(m): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
A solution bringing yet another problem.
Re: How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming by Deiok(m): 4:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
OP i dont understand anything from what you wrote.
Please nobody should call me an illiterate.
Re: How To Stay Longer In The Water When Swimming by akhilpg: 6:29am On Jan 06, 2014
I don't know this. how to breathe for longer its very hard to work shocked cry cry cry[color=#990000][/color] I have no way

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Jailed For Molesting A 6-year-old Girl In Abuja / Describe Her With One WORD!!!! / Seun,kindly Delete All mentions Dt Have My Email Or D Entire Acct Itself.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.