Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,205 members, 7,880,757 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:04 AM

South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! (885 Views)

The Bayelsa Election: A Lesson For The Igbos / Case Study(south Sudan) / Where Is Amaechi? A Great Lesson To Others About Back Stabbing Your People! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 10:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
The first rule on nairaland when posting or making a comment is 'don't tribalize'. I go through lots of posts and comments on nairaland with a pained heart. Some of us here were not yet born during the civil war(me inclusive). But a lot of reading on the events will do us all a lot of good. We are still tribalistic to the core. You here people ignorantly agitate for the separation of this great country...are u not following the events in south Sudan? I remember the celebrations that went with the creation of the world's newest country,only now our African brothers are killing one another. I can't even get an indigene certificate in my state without going through a very difficult process simply cos am a minority and yet am a firm believer in one Nigeria. We need to change our attitudes please! I rep Naija!!!

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by MANGAM(m): 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Yes bro I understand exactly what u ar talking abt. Is very pathetic the way we attach tribes to all we do, live, and particularly comment on NL. Sometimes wen I read some comments I feel like weeping. I just pray things don't bad like S/Sudan

2 Likes

Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Afam4eva(m): 10:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
I've been seeing several threads with this daft mindset that just because of what's happening in South Sudan, people should not not call for separation without taking into cognizance that fact that there are some countries that have separated without any problems.

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by oluboyo04(m): 10:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
i heard some people during the civil war mistook dog for baby in their attempt to run for their lives.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Donmams(m): 10:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva: I've been seeing several threads with this daft mindset that just because of what's happening in South Sudan, people should not not call for separation without taking into cognizance that fact that there are some countries that have separated without any problems.
So you think the ijaws, itsekiris and urhobos will leave peacefully in a separate country when they can't spend a weekend without killing each other in Nigeria? The only reason the SS and SE are friends right now is because of the north. It is their hatred for the north that binds them together. Once the country is divided the SS will see the true colors of the Igbos. They will massacre their leaders exactly the way they killed our leaders in the north. Unfortunately the SS will have no one to turn to when that happens. The crisis in a new SS/SE will be worse than south sudan. The igbos will kill every SS man, woman and child until no one is left.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Afam4eva(m): 10:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Donmams:
So you think the ijaws, itsekiris and urhobos will leave peacefully in a separate country when they can't spend a weekend without killing each other in Nigeria? The only reason the SS and SE are friends right now is because of the north. It is their hatred for the north that binds them together. Once the country is divided the SS will see the true colors of the Igbos. They will massacre their leaders exactly the way they killed our leaders in the north. Unfortunately the SS will have no one to turn to when that happens. The crisis in a new SS/SE will be worse than south sudan. The igbos will kill every SS man, woman and child until no one is left.
Whoever said Igbos and the South South will be in the same country upon separation. and there's no country in the world that is rancour free and a separatist country in Nigeria won't be the first. But we can't deny the fact that an Ijaw only country will reduce the problems they're having in present day Nigeria as they won't have anybody to blame but themselves. Do you want them to remain in a country where they're r.aped of their natural resources which is used to develop other parts of the country. Everyone has a right to self determination and the south Sudan example is really daft as several countries have been born in Africa on previous occasions and nothing happened.

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by yousee(m): 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva: I've been seeing several threads with this daft mindset that just because of what's happening in South Sudan, people should not not call for separation without taking into cognizance that fact that there are some countries that have separated without any problems.
Afam in africa?
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
The policy that denies a kid from Anambra who scored 69% in an entrance exam admission while offering another kid from Yobe who scored 1% admission is still alive in nigeria.

Northern Nigeria operates their own law called Sharia, they have their own police that enforce Sharia,

The Jihardists are bombing and maiming at will ever since at slighest excuse.

nigeria remains a fraud, a mischeivious creation of the white man.

We want Biafra! Mind you, the South South should have their won seperation nation.

For those who beleive Biafra will be like South Sudan, it's none of your business.

What about the bloodshed in North Eastern Nigeria?

Now for every South Sudan there are 10 countries that got their idependence and are moving forward.

You guys should tell another story.

2 Likes

Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 10:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
Daft mindset u say? Can u please name a single African country that has seperated without incident since when we all got independence and I'll stop with the 'daft mindset'. U baffle me! If the only reason for seperation is noble...maybe genuine intentions,I'll be happy to champion the cause. But u and I know the reverse is the case.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Afam4eva(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
zicoraads: Daft mindset u say? Can u please name a single African country that has seperated without incident since when we all got independence and I'll stop with the 'daft mindset'. U baffle me! If the only reason for seperation is noble...maybe genuine intentions,I'll be happy to champion the cause. But u and I know the reverse is the case.
Pls can you define what you mean by "genuine Intentions". How do we know which intentions are genuine?
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 11:06pm On Jan 04, 2014
noblezone: The policy that denies a kid from Anambra who scored 69% in an entrance exam admission while offering another kid from Yobe who scored 1% admission is still alive in nigeria.

Northern Nigeria operates their own law called Sharia, they have their own police that enforce Sharia,

The Jihardists are bombing and maiming at will ever since at slighest excuse.

nigeria remains a fraud, a mischeivious creation of the white man.

We want Biafra! Mind you, the South South should have their won seperation nation.

For those who beleive Biafra will be like South Sudan, it's none of your business.

What about the bloodshed in North Eastern Nigeria?

Now for every South Sudan there are 10 countries that got their idependence and are moving forward.

You guys should tell another story.
You have an interesting mind set. Can u please name the ten countries? U want Biafra! Hear urself talk...I bet u were not born during Biafra. Go get a book or tell Ur parents to sit u down and tell u stories before u start shouting 'u want Biafra'. You think we don't know of the bloodshed in the south and east? U kill Ur fellow brothers for land for crying out loud. The robberies,kidnappings,rituals and so on. I have good ibo friends that can't even stand spending a month home and u are hear shouting u want Biafra. I bet u guys won't even last as south Sudan did.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Afam4eva(m): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
zicoraads: You have an interesting mind set. Can u please name the ten countries? U want Biafra! Hear urself talk...I bet u were not born during Biafra. Go get a book or tell Ur parents to sit u down and tell u stories before u start shouting 'u want Biafra'. You think we don't know of the bloodshed in the south and east? U kill Ur fellow brothers for land for crying out loud. The robberies,kidnappings,rituals and so on. I have good ibo friends that can't even stand spending a month home and u are hear shouting u want Biafra. I bet u guys won't even last as south Sudan did.
You go fear mindset. So Biafra=War? Are you aware that Biafra was the name of the intended country while the war was fought to stop the country from being? Are you implying that for a country to be born, there must be war? How come there's so much crime in the SE according to you that your Igbo friends wouldn't spend a month there in the same Nigeria. Stop shooting yourself in the foot. Your drivel can best be described as daft.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 11:13pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva:
Pls can you define what you mean by "genuine Intentions". How do we know which intentions are genuine?
I am one of those who believe the Local Governments should be scrapped cos they were created to bring developments to the grassroots and that aim has not been achieved. If the reason ibo's are clamoring for Biafra is genuine-meaning what is wanted is to better the lives of Ur people,then by all means go. But i assure u that most of Ur leaders want it for there different selfish interests. Ojukwu didn't even trust his own people during the civil war...u people won't even last as south Sudan did..I can bet my life n it.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 11:21pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva:
You go fear mindset. So Biafra=War? Are you aware that Biafra was the name of the intended country while the war was fought to stop the country from being? Are you implying that for a country to be born, there must be war? How come there's so much crime in the SE according to you that your Igbo friends wouldn't spend a month there in the same Nigeria. Stop shooting yourself in the foot. Your drivel can best be described as daft.
Afam! Do u even travel at all? U r beginning to sound like one of those IBO boys that are born in the east,primary school east,secondary school east,university east..and are now working in the east. Am not shooting maself in the foot...am only saying Ur own brothers can't even spend time in that same place u are shouting u want the country to be divided over. A country musnt necessarily be born by war...so why didn't u take the no-war option the first time? Am only concluding based on u people's antecedents.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Afam4eva(m): 11:23pm On Jan 04, 2014
zicoraads: Afam! Do u even travel at all? U r beginning to sound like one of those IBO boys that are born in the east,primary school east,secondary school east,university east..and are now working in the east. Am not shooting maself in the foot...am only saying Ur own brothers can't even spend time in that same place u are shouting u want the country to be divided over. A country musnt necessarily be born by war...so why didn't u take the no-war option the first time? Am only concluding based on u people's antecedents.
Must every Igbo person live in an Igbo country? Does every Nigerian live in Nigeria? So, what's your point? Even if it's only 100k Igbo people that decide to live in Biafra, a country it will remain. Stop drinking panadol for another man's headache.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Horus(m): 11:52pm On Jan 04, 2014
[size=17pt]HOW THE US PLANS TO DISMEMBER NIGERIA BY 2015[/size]

It is neither a coincidence nor guesswork that the National Intelligence Council of the United States Government estimated that Nigeria will disintegrate by the year 2015. The whole report actually is a coded statement of intentions on how using destabilization plots the US plans to eventually dismember Nigeria. The whole goal of the destabilization campaign is to ensure that Nigeria is weakened internally by intractable crises leading up to 2015 when the next general elections are expected to come up. By that year there will be so much mutual suspicion among Nigerians that the elections itself might not hold or if they did at all will set the stage for a full rapture of the Nigerian state. By its calculation and design, the Nigerian state will be so fractious by then; it will be fully ripe for intervention and break up. It is in actualization of this plan that the US strategic planners on Nigeria have devised a three stage plan of implementation.

Stage 1: Pakistanizing Nigeria

With the scourge of Boko Haram as an existential reality, in the coming months the spate of bombings and attacks on public buildings are likely to escalate. High value symbolic targets like churches, mosques and large congregations of people of both faiths will be targeted. There will also be escalation in provocative statements and incitements by groups to violence. For good measure and effect, the bombings and attacks will be staged on days of observance of religious activities.The goal is to exacerbate tension and mutual suspicion among adherents of the two faiths in Nigeria and leading to sectarian violence. This pattern of destabilization operation is taken out of the Pakistani manual of destabilization where a sustained spate of CIA sponsored bombings and sectarian violence stretched the ability and resources of the law and order agencies to cope rendering the country weak and vulnerable to foreign intervention.

Stage 2: Internationalizing the Crisis

Having the set the stage for an intractable sectarian violence pitting Christians against Muslims and between the various disparate groups in the country, there will be calls from the United States, European Union and United Nations for a halt to the violence. A plethora of advocacy groups around the world will struggle for the photo opportunity to mouth concerns about the carnage and humanitarian catastrophe. They will try to make a great show of providing humanitarian aid. For effect, there will be carpet bombing coverage by the International media on the Nigerian crisis with so-called experts discussing all the ramifications who will strive to create the impression that only benevolent foreign intervention could resolve the crisis. There will be a deluge of international conferences at various capitals around the world all ostensibly aimed to save Nigerians from themselves. Meanwhile away from all the public flurry of activities, the US which initiated the crisis in the first place will be secretly drawing up plans to carve out Nigeria for its strategic and economic benefits.

Stage 3: the Great Carve out under UN Mandate

Following worldwide outrage at the scale of carnage resulting from all out war among various sections of Nigeria secretly induced by the United States and its allies, the stage will now shift to the United Nations where debates will take place on how the world body will work to resolve the crisis. There will be proposals first for an international peace keeping force to intervene and separate the warring groups and or for a UN mandate for various parts of Nigeria to come under mandated occupying powers. Of course behind the scenes the US and its allies would have secretly worked out which areas of Nigeria to occupy guided as it were by naked economic interests. It is trite really which power or powers eventually occupies Nigeria for whatever reasons. By the time the UN comes to take a decision to hand over Nigeria for occupation under its mandate, no part of Nigeria will emerge or profit truly from the exercise. The rump areas of Nigeria will all come under occupation and puppet governments will then be set up at the behest of the occupying powers. Nigeria’s fall will be like that of humpty-dumpty, into pieces beyond recognition. The main beneficiary will of course be the United States which started all this in the first place and which will be there to profit at the end. By engineering the break up of Nigeria, the United States would have eliminated a potential continental rival paving the way to the institution of a Pax Americana in Africa and secondly it would have limited its main global strategic rival China from direct access to badly needed energy and other mineral resources on the resource rich African continent.

Source: http://newsrescue.com/boko-haram-a-cia-covert-operation-americas-destabilization-plots-against-nigeria-greenwhite-coalition/#axzz2pSSIC137
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by SLIDEwaxie(m): 12:01am On Jan 05, 2014
bros, keep it coming. Ur colour is almost clear undecided
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Olril18(m): 12:05am On Jan 05, 2014
Afam4eva:
Whoever said Igbos and the South South will be in the same country upon separation. and there's no country in the world that is rancour free and a separatist country in Nigeria won't be the first. But we can't deny the fact that an Ijaw only country will reduce the problems they're having in present day Nigeria as they won't have anybody to blame but themselves. Do you want them to remain in a country where they're r.aped of their natural resources which is used to develop other parts of the country. Everyone has a right to self determination and the south Sudan example is really daft as several countries have been born in Africa on previous occasions and nothing happened.

AFRICA?
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Psylas(m): 12:12am On Jan 05, 2014
Donmams:
u sayinq rubbish!
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by ikeyman00(m): 12:18am On Jan 05, 2014
@@@

south sudan is same as aboki people

wat do u expect
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 12:39am On Jan 05, 2014
Donmams:
That is what they fail to understand...you are on point jor!
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by IGBOSON1: 12:46am On Jan 05, 2014
zicoraads: Daft mindset u say? Can u please name a single African country that has seperated without incident since when we all got independence and I'll stop with the 'daft mindset'. U baffle me! If the only reason for seperation is noble...maybe genuine intentions,I'll be happy to champion the cause. But u and I know the reverse is the case.

^^^I think it's the reasons for staying together that are anything but noble! It's just the ruling elite that are championing 'one Nigeria'; certain groups amongst them are only too happy to maintain the status-quo, while the remainder don't have the balls to demand a fair, equitable and just nation for their own individual ethnicities b'cos they and their immediate families feel safe and secure in Abuja or Lagos where they're either into politics or business.....they do almost everything in these two cities and have virtually lost touch with the pains, travails, aspirations, and expectations of their kinsfolk back home.

Considering what my people have faced in this country; surrounded by wicked, hateful, jealous, lazy and pull-him-down groups.....considering all this, i think i'll take my chances in a nation made up solely of my fellow kinsmen or like minds. The South Sudanese haven't seen even half of the wickedness Ndigbo have witnessed in this country called Nigeria; wickedness for which nobody has been made to answer for.......with some war criminals even made Head of State, and having national monuments named after them! The families of my brothers and sisters killed in Bauchi in 2011 (by some filthy street urchins) are yet to have any sought of closure as the whole incident is swept under the carpet in the hope that we all forget about it and 'move on'!

If we cannot sit down as equals to fashion out a system where the success or failure of any group/ethnicity is not dependent on someone or group in a far off city, and if we cannot each be allowed free access to our own God-given resources without someone else telling me he has equal right to it and that the law permits him to tell me how much of it i can keep (and then he goes behind the scenes to sabotage any attempt at me getting a better deal).......if all this is the case then it's 'to your tents oh Isreal'!
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by IGBOSON1: 1:02am On Jan 05, 2014
Donmams:

^^^You sound retar/ded! What gives you the notion that Ndigbo will kill all South South men, women and children?; or are you just trying to use scare tactics to maintain you 'one Nigeria' so you can continue having access to free money? And what makes you think we'll all be in one country (South East and South South) if Nigeria disintegrates? You think Ndigbo are like you lot?; bloodthirsty primitive savages that kill innocents just for the heck of it, or to protect the 'honour' of your prophet......something you've perfected over the decades (from the 50s to date)! What makes you think we would all of a sudden develop a thirst for blood and start killing cousins and neighbours we've live peacefully with for 100s of years?

Nwokem go to bed!

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 1:04am On Jan 05, 2014
IGBO-SON:

^^^I think it's the reasons for staying together that are anything but noble! It's just the ruling elite that are championing 'one Nigeria'; certain groups amongst them are only too happy to maintain the status-quo, while the remainder don't have the balls to demand a fair, equitable and just nation for their own individual ethnicities b'cos they and their immediate families feel safe and secure in Abuja or Lagos where they're either into politics or business.....they do almost everything in these two cities and have virtually lost touch with the pains, travails, aspirations, and expectations of their kinsfolk back home.

Considering what my people have faced in this country; surrounded by wicked, hateful, jealous, lazy and pull-him-down groups.....considering all this, i think i'll take my chances in a nation made up solely of my fellow kinsmen or like minds. The South Sudanese haven't seen even half of the wickedness Ndigbo have witnessed in this country called Nigeria; wickedness for which nobody has been made to answer for.......with some war criminals even made Head of State, and having national monuments named after them! The families of my brothers and sisters killed in Bauchi in 2011 (by some filthy street urchins) are yet to have any sought of closure as the whole incident is swept under the carpet in the hope that we all forget about it and 'move on'!

If we cannot sit down as equals to fashion out a system where the success or failure of any group/ethnicity is not dependent on someone or group in a far off city, and if we cannot each be allowed free access to our own God-given resources without someone else telling me he has equal right to it and that the law permits him to tell me how much of it i can keep (and then he goes behind the scenes to sabotage any attempt at me getting a better deal).......if all this is the case then it's 'to your tents oh Isreal'!
Hmn...i like Ur argument. U raise good points! After everything said and done...i do believe that people should not be forced to be part of something they no longer feel comfortable being part of.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by IGBOSON1: 1:05am On Jan 05, 2014
zicoraads: Hmn...i like Ur argument. U raise good points! After everything said and done...i do believe that people should not be forced to be part of something they no longer feel comfortable being part of.

^^^Thank you my brother!

All i want is a true nation where all have the opportunity to reach their full potential!
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by Abagworo(m): 1:05am On Jan 05, 2014
The oly workable solution is true federalism using the present 36 State structure or even creating States with each State independent of the other.
Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by zicoraads: 1:22am On Jan 05, 2014
Abagworo: The oly workable solution is true federalism using the present 36 State structure or even creating States with each State independent of the other.
The problem is the more u keep creating states,the more pple we keep asking fr more. Not because they are keen on developments...but thr selfish interests.

1 Like

Re: South Sudan Should Be A Lesson To Us All! by pazienza(m): 8:26am On Jan 05, 2014
The only lesson to learn from south sudan, is that republic of Southern Nigeria will never work. A country with two equal and opposing ethnic groups( Southern Nigeria and southern Sudan, add rwanda if you like) will never work in Africa, let alone one with Three opposing groups with different life ideologies.

South sudan remains a child of necessity, as long as those two opposing ethnic groups had one enemy in the Arab wannabe northern sudanese, they were too blind to see their differences, they were united by the fact that they shared a common enemy, now the common enemy had been eliminated, and they now see how different they are. They were never prepared for this.

This is the reason why i am a firm believer in republic of Alaigbo, Biafra if it's ever going to happen will demand lots of stress and round table discussion and aggrement by the would be composing units. With a single igbo most populous tribe, easily put to check by combined synergy o of other composing units, Biafra might yet be stable. But Southern Nigeria with Yorubas, will be another Southern Sudan.

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Should Go Home In 2015! / Why APC Is Likely To Lose Lagos In The 2015 Elections - Femi Aribisala / Switzerland: Peaceful But... Armed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.