Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,190 members, 7,939,806 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 12:16 PM

Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! (5120 Views)

Obama In A Controversial Treason Scandal As He Threatens WAR On Isreal / MASSOB: Try Uwazuruike For Treason, Face Hell / Ribadu’s Appointment Is An Insult – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by alex406(m): 9:31pm On Aug 07, 2008
Nobody holy pass,even Mr Yaradua sef get him own,Ribadu yarsh don open now.God no dey sleep abeg.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by McKren(m): 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2008
All I can say is that the average Nigerian is not any less disillusion than the Niger-Delta youth, the only difference is that the folks in the Niger-Delta at the moment have a tool to express their disillussion.

All this drama going on in Nigeria can only breed terrorism. We are simply headed for destruction

By the way, I did not know that having evidence on how election was rigged amounts to treason.   grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Guk: 10:15pm On Aug 07, 2008
I agree with Informer who wrote "A country of hyprocrites, wonders will never end."

What we see playing out are serious moves by those who put Yar Adua in power. Pple like Ibori.

Can you recollect that Ibori smuggled himself into the Presidential Press meeting that Yar Adua had with selected proprietors of Media Houses when Yar Adua celebrated 1 year in office. What was Ibori there for?? To find out if questions about him were going to be asked. He went there as Proprietor of 1 so called Newspaper.

To confirm Ibori's hold on Yar Adua, Ibori's Finance Commisioner of abt 5 years who helped him siphon Delta State money has been appointed as Principal Secretary to Yar Adua. pls ask me, for what? Simply!!! To spy on Yar Adua and report back daily to Ibori. MY PEOPLE, THERE ARE BAD PUPPET MASTERS AT WORK MANIPULATING PUPPET YAR ADUA. I wish he would just resign today on Health grounds
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2008
I still dey pray make the President die of Kidney failure
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Eziachi: 10:39pm On Aug 07, 2008
jay bee:

Yet another unsurprising chapter opened in the forever backward entity called Nigeria.
God please answer our prayers

Please, God or god is not a Nigerian and owe Nigeria nothing.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by HIROSHI: 10:42pm On Aug 07, 2008
This is not a surprise. They will treat him as they did Col Umar and Comrade Shehu Sani, but like the duo, he will be invisible.

God is surely more than them.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by chikeze(m): 11:33pm On Aug 07, 2008
what goes around comes around. ribadu should accept what is happening to him in good faith. its a vicious circle.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by ajaxpound: 11:58pm On Aug 07, 2008
Did Ribadu merit that double promotion in the first place? If no, let him face the consequence of his act of accepting what he was not entitle to and pay back into govt purse whatever might have been paid to him wrongly. RIBADU NO GET TWO HEADS.THE RULE OF LAW MUST PREVAIL. IF THE SSS ARE IN POSSESSION OF INCRIMINATING MATERIALS AGAINST HIM FOR TREASONABLE FELONY LET THEM ARRAIGN HIM IN COURT.The truth is that Nigerians can now see how useless OBJ Govt was. They compensated RIBADU for doing some dirty jobs for PDP but forgot that one day people will ask questions on certain of their illegal actions.OBJ ko ni kure.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by gadogado(m): 12:04am On Aug 08, 2008
this news is not true at all, he was only demoted along with 139 other officers who were irregularly promoted, so if you went to police college with ribadu and you're a ACP while he was promoted from ACP to AIG in less than 5 yrs, what would you say or think? if you were his senior in the college and now you have to salute him, what will you say there are many many people in the police force that were either his course mates or seniors who were disgruntled over his rapid promotions, it lacked due process. and it was bad for over all morale of the police force. (officers) it is obj's fault!!! him and his jungle govt. that did things without rule of law, obj rewarded ribadu but he didnt go about it the proper way. obj was did some things like he was a village head and not a president of a civilized "democratic"country. there is always proper proceedure in doing things but obj totally disregarded that.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by OutlukBabe(f): 2:25am On Aug 08, 2008
PPl should at all the time remember that PROMOTION does not depend on the number of service years. Performance matters in whatever circumstances. Nuhu Ribadu, whatever his shortcomings are (being him a human being) has given the EFCC the name and face it has today. In as much as the EFCC was created by Law, he build the EFCC from scratch and organize it into a respected agency that even today a retired Police AIG, who was incharge of Police Money Laundery & Corrupt Practices Department is proud to be appointed a Chairman. People should not forget that, the Police Money Laudary Department is vested witht he same powers as EFCC, and they have never prosecute any body for any corruption purpose. Even before the creation of EFCC, the ICPC has been created, they are there, how many ppl have they prosecuted. The reason y our system always fails is that in Nigeria, we dont recognize outstanding performance. We rely on our old theories of years of experiece. There is always the right kind of experience and the wrong kind of experience. The mere fact that our police officers are just sitting down doing nothing, waiting for years to pass and then be promoted does not mean that they deserve the promotion. And I believe, base on the current rate of crimes and unsolve crimes, no police officer in Nigeria is due for promotion, because they have fail to carry out their primary responsibility. It is still the same rotten society that kills all our government own businesses. From NEPA, to NITEL, to our Refineries, NNPC, just name everything. Today the NNPC as old as it is, it cannot boast of its own technology for oil exploration and production. Why? Because it has beens staff with some old Engineers who have no ingenuity, no ideas, they can not create anything new, just sitting down waiting for years to move on so that they can be promoted. If anybody will look at all the cases that are been investigated by EFCC today, they have been pending cases since the time of Nuhu Ribadu. EFCC have arrested Olabodo Gorge. Have a look at the charge sheet, and u will know who is behind the work. Nothing new is coming. Nuhu Ribadu, started what nobody have ever thought would have been possible. I think even Obasanjo that gave him that position under estimated his zeal, if he had known he would have performed like this, he wouldnt have given him that position. However, we all know how Nigeria is, the mere fact that, Nuhu match on some big toes, he should expect something far more than that. Major Hamza Almustapha is still standing trial on some fanthom charges. We were all made to believe him to be a crook, criminal and inhuman, until, God gave him the chance to prove to the whole nation at Oputa Panel, that he is the one of the most intelligent military officers Nigeria ever had (this is not my saying, but the words of the then Chief of Army Staff, at Oputa Panel). We shall wait and see. I believe whatever anyone will say against him, Ribadu have set a standard for whoever will be EFCC chairman.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by InnocentC(m): 2:56am On Aug 08, 2008
pls tell Ribadu 2 show up, because he can't run forever; after all is it not OBJ's nemesis?
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by wallex73(m): 4:00am On Aug 08, 2008
I have read so much comments made by people here on Ribadu's demotion. I want to comment as a person who formerly belong to the same constituency Ribadu belong now. We are all living witnesses to the Anti-Corruption crusade for which Obasanjo used Ribadu to witch-hunt his political foes. I wonder why many of us forget so easily that there were so many in Obasanjo's regime that Were actually corrupt but that Ribadu could not touch because they belonged to the ruling party and very close Onbasanjo. A good example of persons like that is Bode George. For how long shall we continue to fool ourselves? Now to the issue of demotion,for God sake,won't we learn to do things the normal ways in this country? Ribadu's mates are inthe force todaywearing Deputy Commissioner's rank. What extra ordinary job has Ribadu done that those ones has not done in their respective posts? Do we realise this is one of the problem that has render our police force useless up till today. Those who have people at the helms of affairs get promoted while theose with no top-notch relatives are left to remain on a rank for as long as ten years. The worst hit are the members of the junior rank. I in particular left the force after 15 years as a graduate of Accountancy and i was left as a Corporal where as ,you see cows from the North becoming ASPs and you will still have to be assisting them to write reports. The fact is that normal protocol of promotion was not followed and correction has to be made. This is a good development for Nigeria. Let's learn to do thngs right. Thank you all.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by basking4me: 7:17am On Aug 08, 2008
Nice one[b] outlukbabe[/b].

Many times I watch with dismay what Education has done to our polity especially the southern Nigerian people. It claims the cradle of knowledge and we are the most prominent on this Forum.

The ITK (I-Too-Know) syndrome is with us. We know everything & it is compulsory that we must chip in our views or any view at all just to let the world know we are learned, we know and are educated.

I must tell you, the same kind of people you find throwing chairs & kicking asses at the National Assembly are the same kind of people we have on this forum. They all ( Senators & Reps) were like this, believing in their brains, what they think they know but don't understand.

Please people, when you Argue, Learn to do so sensibly, or you'll end up like some of those assembly guys throwing chairs around.

Also, when you see some Good, please also learn to appreciate them. We all werent too bright in school for sure, but the encouragements we got, got many of us to where we are today. Let us learn to appreciate, RIBADU HAS TRIED.

IF TMRW COMES AND DORA IS PICKED, PLS REMEMBER HER GOOD DEEDS. NO ONE IS PERFECT NOT EVEN THE CONTRIBUTORS ON THIS FORUM.

Dont stay aloof and faraway to critisize. learn to Appreciate.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by jaso1(m): 8:12am On Aug 08, 2008
@FYNEGUY
lol

So you people really think Ribadu is clean?

well let me give u this info

Ribadu used Femi Falana to strike some deals with 419ners and some govt officials. Femi Falana was the one collecting bribes for Ribadu
[color=#990000][/color]

Can you proof this to us and why do we so much enjoy discrimination? i know this guy vibricate this silly statement. you will need 1000 life cow, 50000 lityres of palm oil 1000 bags of salt 10000 biter collers etc. with this you are not asure of your sine forgiveness this is just to consult oracle ok. olodo
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by IHWABA: 10:11am On Aug 08, 2008
When Yar'adua came to power, most people were making positive comments about his initial moves but we knew even then than it was the begining of another hopeless era in Nigeria. The end will always justify the means. Yar'adua was hand-picked and install over us by corrupt politians. He has therefore, no choice than to carry out their biding.
We can now see the hopelessness of trying to fight corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by otokx(m): 10:57am On Aug 08, 2008
this is stranger than fiction
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by bonebaba(m): 11:07am On Aug 08, 2008
Sound Sultan don talk am say one day bush go catch the hunter, lets wait and see
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by holyeye(m): 11:21am On Aug 08, 2008
Hmmmm,

Well I try my best possible to evade issues on Politics and related topics, but i am drawn compassionately to drop my opinion on this issue.

Some years back i predicted that someday Mr. Nuhu Ribadu will be made to face and dance to the same tune and music he created. His undoing was working for a wicked, impious, iniquitous, deceitful and devious person like OBJ. My first reaction to the demoliton oops demotion was that the Yaradua administration was insensitive. But on a second note, who holy pass? Did Ribadu truly fight corruption in all sincerity? Did he ever tell OBJ the truth while in power? It was obvious that he was only carrying out a propaganda to unsettle politicians who were against his master, else all Public office holders, politicians and Government workers should not be spared especially those in top hierachy.

I am only disappointed in the way and manner the FGN went about the whole issue repealing the decision of a past GCON and President of a big Nation like Nigeria. The action has showed the world that our policies are shortlived and how sensitive power change can be in Nigeria. It has shown the dearth of continuity. Almost all Baba's policy either good or bad have been overturned by the Yaradua government all in a bid to have his own agenda. Our leaders are power drunk.

I would have proposed that the best way is to be rational, professional and thoughtful in actions. The worst they should have done was wait until he finishes his course in September and retire him from active service, or demote him a step below or possibly try him.If there are allegations against a man, take him to the appropriate quaters and try him. I personally do not believe that Ribadu is less corrupt than the Governors he has tried in the past. But that is subject to the judgement of a ruling court in Nigeria. And not to a powerful cliques discretion and will to act.

Our leaders do not want peace. They are less concerned about the suffering of the masses, they are more interested in victimising eachother and settling old scores. The National Assembly has found an issue to keep them busy and distract them from proper legislative issues. It is wrong.  At least either by crook or good means, whether acting a dictators script or not , he has given Nigeria a fairly better name than it was prior to the establishment of the commission.

This is a lesson to all of us. Nothing is permanent in Life. Let us all thread with caution in all our actions. Respect all men, because no body holy pass. El Rufai, Nuhu Ribadu, Fani Kayode and all the dogs of OBJ where are they today?

This is just the beginning. It is only in NIgeria illiterates rule, Scholars sell their rights for peanuts and Professors become stewards. Nevertheless, I can see the light. Sooner than later we will get there. But unlike Marthin Luther King I will get there grin.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by mekk(m): 11:24am On Aug 08, 2008
pres. Y' Adua,with this move,you have proved once again that you lack integrity,vision, political will and acumen to lead this country out of the wood.

Oh what a country!!!!
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by mekk(m): 11:39am On Aug 08, 2008
mallam Ribadu's style may have been questionable no doubt.in retrospect however,one can not help but appreciate the new lease of life he gave to that agency and also given the circumstance with which he had worked.

Ribadu,it doesn't matter what they say right now about you.
you are trully a brave man.you have done well for yourself
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by dayokanu(m): 11:43am On Aug 08, 2008
It would be hypocritical not to acknowledge that OBJ was using the EFCC to hound his opponents.

The Man who was contesting against Iyabo for Senatorial seat was Hounded into submission by the EFCC,

When Mimiko left PDP to actualise his gubernatorial aspiration, OBJ went to Ondo State and Publicly stated that he would send the EFCC after him if he did not drop his ambition. That brought about Mass protest in Ondo State.

Is it not the same Ribadu we are talking about. That could arrest without a warrant. That became law unto himself and his paymaster?

How come Ribadu's lens did not catch Iyabo,Gbenga, Imoke, Fani-Kayode, Aborisade, Bode George
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 08, 2008
I hope the military will not have a good excuse to return to Aso rock. Seems these politicians will soon kill our "nascent" democracy.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Virgo83(m): 11:50am On Aug 08, 2008
I felt sorry for Him, , Ribadu
I'm not so surprise at this move, I just felt sorry for Ribadu. Since a Person like El Rufai could have been attacked, guess who could not be attacked ?
What I'll urge each and every Nigerian to do, Is to Start Praying For Charles,,   Soludo.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by helium44(m): 12:06pm On Aug 08, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a lesson to all Nigerians who attempt at getting rid of corruption, cleaning up the system, making Nigeria a better country, fighting for the cause of the people and doing the right thing in general . . .

you will be tried for Treason! as that is against our national and systematic policy of corruption, dishonesty and depravity. Thank you for your co-operation.
@ Jesoul, that was an interesting classical reply you posted.I cant say for sure the guy is clean but wisdom demands he should to an extent be, to have discharched effectively at such level.Its so glaring that the past governors and other top shots haunted by EFCC(under ribadu) are exercisng their prowess let ribadu knws that this is Naija and Sacred Cows are still much alive.And they demand their immunity still.I feel sorry for the young man.May God help him survive this.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by mekk(m): 12:07pm On Aug 08, 2008
I doubt if this country wil ever get better and I have my reasons,
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by blackchief(m): 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2008
African solder some are leaving and some are dead

Mko Abiloa
M. Burhari
N. Ridadu
El-Rufui,
C. Soludo
Dora .A
M. yar-dua (major General)
I Tunde
F Gani

who dare to belong on the list and belong on the list, create a path for the growth of your nation.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by helium44(m): 12:33pm On Aug 08, 2008
@ everyone
 This is a clear-cut proof to the fact that the President is not fully in control.And this i think is very dangerous to our         nascent democracy.yar adua is a shame!!! to this country.However im an ardent believer of this country and this i believe is not enough to cut short the glory ordained from the  begining for this great nation.GOD BLESS NAIJA.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Masheene: 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2008
jas_o:

@FYNEGUY
lol

So you people really think Ribadu is clean?

well let me give u this info

Ribadu used Femi Falana to strike some deals with 419ners and some govt officials. Femi Falana was the one collecting bribes for Ribadu
[color=#990000][/color]

Can you proof this to us and why do we so much enjoy discrimination? i know this guy vibricate this silly statement. you will need 1000 life cow, 50000 lityres of palm oil 1000 bags of salt 10000 biter collers etc. with this you are not asure of your sine forgiveness this is just to consult oracle ok. olodo
thanks 4 d gist but dont forget our topic.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by DDN: 12:49pm On Aug 08, 2008
if Nigeria must be good and leaders become role models to the younger generations, every past leader's antecedents should be probed, both his acquisitions illegally and his economics of affections using tax payers monies. No Person here has the right to condemn or set Ribadu free for all these accusations against him until he has been tried by a court of competent jurisdiction. we all know how hard he tried to terrorize the Atikus, the Uzoh Kalus , the Dariyes , the Alamesies, while allowing the Olobode Georges, the Odilis, the Imokes etc to move about freely as if they are saints.  Ribadu, please go and present yourself to the securities looking for you and clear yourself from any complicity or corruption charges.

This shows us that whatever we are doing somebody somewhere is taking note of it and ultimately God is watching all and can somebody to reveal our sins. infact, every past leader should be probed, our youths have suffered a lot. coming out of the university without jobs,go to NYSC and see how they are manipulating the posting of rich men"s children, go to government ministries and parastatals, oil companies and see the kind of evil done there to perpetrate the poor men's children to everlasting poverty.

I warn nairalnders, do not defend any of those people, massive promotion giving to Ribadu without due consideration to the constitution and police service act is fraud, how many armed robbers has killed since he became a police. if until now he has discovered no Sin against this country by IBB and the Abach's, it means he does not have a reason of remaining there and must be probed.

Let me stop here for now.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by oyekumbi(f): 12:50pm On Aug 08, 2008
This is quite serious !!. The truth will always prevail.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Godalone(m): 12:54pm On Aug 08, 2008
Ribadu is one of our leading figures in Nigeria.He is a great man.
Re: Ribadu Wanted For "Treason"! by Virgo83(m): 1:12pm On Aug 08, 2008
RIBADU OF OUR TIME NUHU RIBADU, our leading figure forever He'll remain
RIBADU OF OUR TIME NUHU RIBADU, the Fearless man that Steps on Devil Toes
RIBADU OF OUR TIME NUHU RIBADU, the Nature that unveil the Devilish acts
RIBADU OF OUR TIME NUHU RIBADU, He Almost erase corruption out of the Nigerian Political Dictionary
RIBADU OF OUR TIME NUHU RIBADU, a Stooge He pretends at First; but a Reformer He truly Possess
                                                                                                                  Forever you'll be Celebrated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pdp Disqualifies Aspirants With Less Than N500m ! / How John Kerry, Netanyahu Got Jonathan To Vote Against Palestine-uk Guardian / If You've Looted Nigeria's Money You Must Return Our Money – Says Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.