Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,694 members, 7,879,031 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 11:35 AM

Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem (5847 Views)

Honda 2002 Gearbox Problem! Help Needed / My Camry 2008 A/c / Ford F150 Gearbox Problem: Advice Needed Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by polyraph: 1:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Good afternoon house n happy new year. I ve a Toyota Camry 2008 model 2day ago while driving the car it stop sellecting the only selection it does is reverse so I pack the car somewhere' yesterday I went to where I park the car n start it' it move and the selection was OK but when the engine get hot it repeated the samething. My friend advise me to change the oil n fitter's of which I did with the recommended oil WS but the car does not move moretham 60 km even if I accelerate it. Pls I need advise on what to do next
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jan 05, 2014
First time am hearing of a tranny issue in dis camry..............am waiting to hear wt our big men here would have to say.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by 24in7: 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
wait, cool let me ask d gurus
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by joetoyota: 6:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Is the atf ok? Or gaug? Or have u change it before?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by FRONTPAGE: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2015
Hi Polyraph,

I am currently having an issue with my 2008 Toyota Camry. The issue is very similar to what you descibed here over a year ago. Please provide me with info on how you sorted the issue then. Expecting to hear from you soon.Thanks
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by mayor2013: 11:17am On Sep 21, 2015
FRONTPAGE:
Hi Polyraph,

I am currently having an issue with my 2008 Toyota Camry. The issue is very similar to what you descibed here over a year ago. Please provide me with info on how you sorted the issue then. Expecting to hear from you soon.Thanks

Prepare to get another gearbox. But firstly a proper diagnosis amd san should be done. If you need a proper trouble shooting and solution to the problem. Call 08156087872 or 08165520837. Bbpin is 7BE1C522
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by kingreign(m): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2015
polyraph:
Good afternoon house n happy new year. I ve a Toyota Camry 2008 model 2day ago while driving the car it stop sellecting the only selection it does is reverse so I pack the car somewhere' yesterday I went to where I park the car n start it' it move and the selection was OK but when the engine get hot it repeated the samething. My friend advise me to change the oil n fitter's of which I did with the recommended oil WS but the car does not move moretham 60 km even if I accelerate it. Pls I need advise on what to do next
Location matters a lot, this will help you and us better help you out.
Where is the car/your location? Besides, you didn't mention if its 4 cylinder, V6 or Hybrid Toyota.
If you're in Abuja and environ, call Lomomike 07034581213,
If you're in Lagos and environ, call Gazzuzz 08023251039

These guys I've given their numbers are tried and trusted.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by kingreign(m): 11:47am On Sep 21, 2015
FRONTPAGE:
Hi Polyraph,

Please, refer to my above statement for Mr Polyraph. Thanks.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by FRONTPAGE: 12:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
Thanks.

Kingreign, the car is in Lagos and its 4 cylinder. What surprise me most is that I jut purchased it as "Tokunbo" less than two weeks ago.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by kingreign(m): 12:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
FRONTPAGE:
Thanks.

Kingreign, the car is in Lagos and its 4 cylinder. What surprise me most is that I jut purchased it as "Tokunbo" less than two weeks ago.
If you've not worked on the car, better call the dealer to take the car and give you a certified working car or fix the car to work with guaranty ASAP.
Hope its not a flooded or lemon car you bought sha?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 5:47pm On Sep 21, 2015
FRONTPAGE:
Hi Polyraph,

2 options.

1 rebuild transmission. (kashif)

2. Replace transmission.

For a replacement call 08023251039.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by 9icetoo(m): 7:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
FRONTPAGE:
Thanks.

Another proof that some Nigerian used cars are better than Tokunbos. A 2008 camry should throw error codes when the transmission is faulty. Scan the car, get the codes and work from there. It might turn out to be something you can sort out if properly guided.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
There will be no transmission codes. It is an evil gearbox

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by Kashif(m): 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2015
GAZZUZZ:

This really cracked me up! It is not evil bro, but enigmatic to Nigerians. He should still scan it for a start.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by Kashif(m): 11:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
FRONTPAGE:
Thanks.

Make sure your cooling system is not clogged. If it checks out, there are issues with your valve body. I could help you repair it but, you must have loads of patience.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by DECOtech(m): 9:12am On Sep 22, 2015
FRONTPAGE:
Hi Polyraph,

Replace ur transmission
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by edoyad(m): 12:09pm On Sep 22, 2015
You people just say "replacement" as if it is free. If he was in a position to easily do that, I doubt he'd be here.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by mayor2013: 12:40pm On Sep 22, 2015
edoyad:
You people just say "replacement" as if it is free. If he was in a position to easily do that, I doubt he'd be here.

He has been given the best advice bro. What more can we say? cheesy
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by fanex: 9:46am On Sep 30, 2015
NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF. N5000

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
polyraph:

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by Strongedition: 11:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
kingreign:

If you've not worked on the car, better call the dealer to take the car and give you a certified working car or fix the car to work with guaranty ASAP.
Hope its not a flooded or lemon car you bought sha?

Please what's a lemon car?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by kingreign(m): 11:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
Strongedition:

Please what's a lemon car?

Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by smasher1(m): 7:06pm On Aug 04, 2019
polyraph:
Good afternoon house n happy new year. I ve a Toyota Camry 2008 model 2day ago while driving the car it stop sellecting the only selection it does is reverse so I pack the car somewhere' yesterday I went to where I park the car n start it' it move and the selection was OK but when the engine get hot it repeated the samething. My friend advise me to change the oil n fitter's of which I did with the recommended oil WS but the car does not move moretham 60 km even if I accelerate it. Pls I need advise on what to do nextn

Good day Sir,

Did you resolve this issue?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by smasher1(m): 7:09pm On Aug 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

So is there no solution?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:15pm On Aug 04, 2019
smasher1:

So is there no solution?

you quoted a 2015 post. We are in 2019 and it is still an evil gearbox, replace it.
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by smasher1(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

you quoted a 2015 post. We are in 2019 and it is still an evil gearbox, replace it.

Okay
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by IgboGoat: 6:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
polyraph:

Boss, how did you resolve the issue?
Re: Toyota Camry 2008 Gearbox Problem by IgboGoat: 6:26pm On Aug 12, 2019
GAZZUZZ:

Like how much will it cost to get another transmission for Toyota Camry 2008. 4 plugs

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Won Nigerian Customs E-auction Before(the Genuine)? How Was The Process? / Her Car Got Completely Burnt Overnight, What Could Be The Reason? (photos) / 2015 Peugeot 508: Review, Specification & Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.