Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,518 members, 7,951,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:26 AM

Do We Have Renal Replacement Patients Here Or Are You Closely Related To One? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Do We Have Renal Replacement Patients Here Or Are You Closely Related To One? (539 Views)

Lagos Cardiac Renal Facilities Pack Up(pic) / Lagos State Opens New Cardiac & Renal Centre (CRC) Gbagada Lagos. PICS. / Africa’s 1st Cardiac, Renal Centre Takesoff In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do We Have Renal Replacement Patients Here Or Are You Closely Related To One? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
Lets discuss about challenges of renal transplant patients

1. frequent travel abroad for medical check up
2. Cost of life saving medications(cyclosporins, tacrolimus and the rest immunosuppresant drugs.)
3. How long a graft can last without rejections
4. Do you have any challenges as a CKD patient, please share!!

smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Do We Have Renal Replacement Patients Here Or Are You Closely Related To One? by specialguest(f): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
I have spent the last four years taking care of a renal failure patient and all I can say is that it is not easy. The cost of 3 dialysis sessions per week is enough to send an average Nigerian to early grave if you multiply that on a yearly basis sad. Not to mention the endless hours of waiting at the hospital for dialysis, regular doctor visits, frequent nausea and fatigue plus i am a career Lady who works full time so managing both has been hectic but I thank God.

what's your story Emzybrown?
Re: Do We Have Renal Replacement Patients Here Or Are You Closely Related To One? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jan 06, 2014
specialguest: I have spent the last four years taking care of a renal failure patient and all I can say is that it is not easy. The cost of 3 dialysis sessions per week is enough to send an average Nigerian to early grave if you multiply that on a yearly basis sad. Not to mention the endless hours of waiting at the hospital for dialysis, regular doctor visits, frequent nausea and fatigue plus i am a career Lady who works full time so managing both has been hectic but I thank God.

what's your story Emzybrown?

I had CKD in 2006 but was managing it without dialysis until late 2007 when i had crisis that lead to 2 weeks coma,i was later revived with serum creatinine at 40mg/dl, then started dialysis. January 2008 i traveled to India for renal transplant which lasted for 4 months and was successful. Since then i travel to India yearly for medical checkup and purchase of Immuno-suppressant. The experience was terrific.. Without money CKD is a death sentence.
Re: Do We Have Renal Replacement Patients Here Or Are You Closely Related To One? by Deep4321(m): 10:56am On Mar 31, 2015

I had CKD in 2006 but was managing it without dialysis until late 2007 when i had crisis that lead to 2 weeks coma,i was later revived with serum creatinine at 40mg/dl, then started dialysis. January 2008 i traveled to India for renal transplant which lasted for 4 months and was successful. Since then i travel to India yearly for medical checkup and purchase of Immuno-suppressant. The experience was terrific.. Without money CKD is a death sentence.

I am happy to know that you are doing better after the treatment in India..I work with M.S Ramaih Memorial Hospital , Bangalore- India..

Its a multi superspeciality hospital having all facilities under one roof..If i can be any of your help do let know..i can help you getting drugs in discounted price if that can be of any help...

regards
Deepanshu Thukral
+91-9008364411
deepanshu.thukral@yahoo.com

(1) (Reply)

Advice From Doctors Needed / Help! Hospitals Lack Mosquitoe Nets, But Hawkers Have Them For Sale / The Polio Vaccination USEFUL INFO FOR PARENTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.