Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,912 members, 7,890,032 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 07:55 AM

How Can I Get My Site On Https - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Get My Site On Https (1044 Views)

Google To Promote Secure Websites (HTTPS) In Search Results / Number One Chat Site On Wapka. Approved. / Is It Possible To Build Ecommerce Site On Blogger? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Get My Site On Https by udeze(m): 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2006
Hello guys, I would like my website to be assesible through https, ie secured socket layer (ssl) for security purposes, does any body know how I can do that, I dont  have SSL certificate yet, but I feel I need it for security purposes.

Thanks
Re: How Can I Get My Site On Https by Zahymaka(m): 4:13pm On Jun 21, 2006
It depends on your host. All hosts I've seen allow you to set it up easily for your site. If you're doing your hosting yourself, you could purchase one from Thawte or Verisign -- the two most trusted CSAs.

Then you'll need to install mod_ssl and apachessl if you're running an Apache web server.
Re: How Can I Get My Site On Https by kazey(m): 9:31pm On Jun 21, 2006
1. Create a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) from your host panel.
2. Go to the SSL CERT provider.
3. Buy the SSL CERT using the CSR you created from your host panel.
4. Install the Certificate.
5. Ends
Re: How Can I Get My Site On Https by smartsoft(m): 11:33pm On Jun 21, 2006
kazey, that is if he has Control Panel X or something
Re: How Can I Get My Site On Https by kazey(m): 12:09am On Jun 22, 2006
smartsoft:

kazey, that is if he has Control Panel X or something
You need a CSR to buy a SSL CERT.
Re: How Can I Get My Site On Https by Bolaji4349(m): 1:20pm On Jun 25, 2006
Hello Udeze

You want your site run and access via ssl, do you do online transaction on the site, do u think you have some certain thing you dont want the internet people to viw on your site or a particular page, or you just want to be secure. If it is a particular page you want to denied the internet, then get it lock by authenticating who click that particular page.

Firstly my recommendations, there is no point you run ssl if you dont do online transactions or emailing , If you think you want to get your site secure just for security sake, then create a self signing certificate. if your web hosting company allow that. but remember nobody will trust your site than yourself.

If you want to allow your site be trusted by every one then do as your co. webmaster as suggested by purchasing cert from security company like Verisign or Thawte. This are popular security cert issuing company on the internet.

Best of lock

(1) (Reply)

Internet Reaches A Milestone / deleted / Betting Sports Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.