Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,232 members, 7,943,422 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:02 PM

African Folks Songs - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Folks Songs (1619 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? / Question To The Fulani Folks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Folks Songs by wheels66: 7:26am On Jan 07, 2014
Do you still remember some folk songs in Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa
Re: African Folks Songs by Fulaman198(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
wheels66: Do you still remember some folk songs in Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa

I know some Fulani ones like Mbawdi (Mbaudy), Seygalare (Segalare), Nanaye, etc
Re: African Folks Songs by ladionline: 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2014
Great! This reminds me of my childhood. Each time the moon shine so brigh, it is time to play 'bread and butter pass ...' Ere Osupa. The one that I have found resourceful is 'oni dende'; Oni dende o, saworo dede Osun, meaning 'one who returns caused the seer to become severe, the accurate Osun'. Dende is actually deinde, someone that came back (from exhile). Hence she enraged the seer. But trust Osun, she was never scared by the seer, hence it is said 'Osun ki' Osun was aki[nkanju]-brave Obinrin-woman. 'KI' is to stand your ground with boldness. Men, I love Osun parole, she was an ordinary lady, but she was so intelligent.

(1) (Reply)

Where On Earth Do They Speak Igbo? / PHOTOS From Udiroko Festival In Ado Ekiti / R

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.