Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,133 members, 7,880,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 09:00 PM

The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story (1260 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: A Prophet Or An Imposter - Sahara Reporters / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Pastor Adeboye: A Jet is Necessary For God's Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by nora544: 2:47pm On Jan 07, 2014
Judge: Mr. Jones you have been charged with multiple counts of extortion. Your crime spree covers 20 years and thousands of victims. You have defrauded people out of their money with fear and manipulation, telling them they had to tithe 10% of their income to your church and that God would bless them if they did. You also told them that if they didn't tithe God would curse them. How do you plead?

Mr. Jones: I plead not guilty your Honor, I have done nothing wrong. I have only preached what the Bible says. In the Bible Abraham tithed to Melchizedek and God blessed him for his faithful giving. The Bible even says he was rich in silver and gold.

Judge: Is it not true, Mr. Jones, that in Genesis chapter 13 verse 2 the Bible says Abraham was rich with livestock, silver and gold?

Mr. Jones: Yes, you are exactly right, that's what I just told you.

Judge: Ok, we read about Abraham being a rich man in chapt

er 13 but it is not until Genesis chapter 14 that we read about Abraham's tithe to Melchizedek. So Abraham was already a rich man before he tithed to Melchizedek, wasn't he?

Mr. Jones: Yes, I suppose you are right.

Judge: So his riches were not the result of his tithe to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: No.

Judge: Mr. Jones, you also say God blessed him for his faithful giving. How many times is it recorded that Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: Well, just once.

Judge: So the Bible never said that he gave week after week?

Mr. Jones: No it does not.

Judge: Where did Abraham get the things that he gave to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: Well the Bible says it was from the plunders of war?

Judge: So you are telling me that he gave from the plunders of war?

Mr. Jones: Yes that's what the Bible says.

Judge: So he basically took things that were not really his in the first place and gave them as the tithe?

Mr. Jones: That is what the scripture seems to indicate.

Judge: Is it recorded that he ever took anything from his own possessions
and tithed them to Melchizedek or anyone else?

Mr. Jones: I guess not

Judge: You guess not, you are a Pastor and you are only guessing, is it or
is it not written that he ever gave any of his own possessions as a tithe to
anyone?

Mr. Jones: No it is not written anywhere that I have seen.

Judge: Is it recorded as to what exactly Abraham did give Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: I believe it says plunder?

Judge: So plunder could be any number of things?

Mr. Jones: Yes, I suppose

Judge: It could have been food, cattle, sheep, the people's
possessions or any number of things. It does not say it was all money

correct?

Mr. Jones: Yes you are correct, it does not say just money

Judge: As a matter of fact money is never mentioned in that account at all
is that correct Mr. Jones?

Mr. Jones: Yes your Honor, money is never mentioned just goods and food and
people.

Judge: So there is no way you can say with any certainty that Abraham in
fact gave Melchizedek any money at all?

Mr. Jones: That is right.

Judge: I only have one last question for you Mr. Jones, did God command Abraham to give this plunder tithe to Melchizedek?

Mr. Jones: No, it appears that he did this voluntarily.

Judge: So are you trying to tell me that because of this voluntary, one time gift by Abraham, that may not have even consisted of money, all Christians everywhere are obligated to bring 10% of their weekly paycheck to a local church?

Judge: Considering all the evidence I would say you are beyond any shadow of a doubt guilty of deliberately trying to make the scriptures says things they have not said for financial gain.

Mr. Jones: Ok your Honor, I can see how foolish I was to try and use the story of Melchizedeck to try and get the people to tithe money. But there are many other verses that will support my belief on tithing. Jacob said he would give God 10% of everything. I think we should follow his example.

Judge: Let's see what Jacob said. Please read the verse you are talking about for me Mr. Jones.

Mr. Jones: In Genesis chapter 28 starting at verse 20 it says. Jacob vowed a vow, saying, "If God will be with me, and will keep me in this way that I go, and will give me bread to eat, and clothing to put on, so that I come again to my father's house in peace, and Yahweh will be my God, then this stone, which I have set up for a pillar, will be God's house. Of all that you will give me I will surely give the tenth to you."

Judge: You said we should follow Jacobs's example, is that right Mr. Jones?

Mr. Jones: Yes that is right, he vowed to give a tenth and we should too.

Judge: Let me point out one thing for you Mr. Jones, Jacob said he would Give God a tenth, ONLY if He blessed him first. So as you said previously, we should follow Jacob's example and tell God that we will only give him a tenth if he blesses us first. Is that right?

Mr. Jones: That is not what I meant.

Judge: What did you mean then?

Mr. Jones: That we should give God a tenth also.

Judge: There you go again, trying to make the scripture say what you want it to say for your benefit. I would also like you to tell me the scriptures that say that Jacob kept his vow with God. I would also like to know where he gave the tenth to because there was no temple or levites to give it to at that time.

Mr. Jones: I can not think of any scriptures that say where or if he ever tithed after his vow.

Judge: It seems fairly obvious to me that Jacob made a voluntary and conditional vow to God. This in no way can be used as a reason to demand others to bring their income to you or any other place.

Mr. Jones: I do have a few more scriptures that I believe will show that we are supposed to tithe.

Judge: You have not said anything yet to convince me one little bit that people are obligated to tithe money to the local churches and that you were justified in what you were doing. You have taken scripture and misapplied it to your beliefs and for your gain. But in order to be fair to you I will allow you to present more evidence.

Mr. Jones: In the book of Malachi chapter 3 starting at verse 8 it says, will a man rob God? yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, In what have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the store-house, that there may be food in my house, and prove me now with this, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. So you see your Honor, we are commanded to bring the tithes into the storehouse or God will curse us.

Judge: Answer me this Mr. Jones, were you aware that God never required anyone to tithe money?

Mr. Jones: No I didn't know that.

Judge: The tithe spoken of here was always edible products never money.

Mr. Jones: well your Honor that is because they didn't have money at the time so God had them tithe food instead.

Judge: Not true, money is first mentioned in Genesis and Malachi was written hundreds of years later. God had them bring food in so that the levites, the fatherless and widows may eat and be satisfied. The tithe was used mainly to take care of people. Also notice it says in the verse you quoted, that there may be food in my house. How do you completely overlook the word food in those verses?

Mr. Jones: I don't know

Judge: I also want you to know that these verses speak to people under the Old Testament law. As you may or may not know Jesus fulfilled the law, it is no longer binding. Tithing was part of that law that has been abolished.

Judge: Once again you have tried to completely take a scripture out of context and apply it to others for your benefit. Can you give me a single scripture where God changed the tithe from food to money?

Mr. Jones: I do not know of any.

Judge: So if God never changed it from food to money who did?

Mr. Jones: Man must have.

Judge: So far all you have done Mr. Jones is take Old Testament scriptures out of context and try to apply it to believers under the New Covenant. Is this all the proof you have?

Mr. Jones: I do have a New Testament scripture that will show that Jesus told us to tithe.

Judge: Ok let me hear it.

Mr. Jones: Jesus said in Matthew 23:23 "Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint, dill, and cumin, and have left undone the weightier matters of the law: justice, mercy, and faith. But you ought to have done these, and not to have left the other undone. See Jesus said we should be tithing.

Judge: Let me ask you a question, who was Jesus talking to?

Mr. Jones: The scripture says the scribes and Pharisees.

Judge: Are you a scribe or Pharisee?

Mr. Jones: Of course not.

Judge: Jesus also said in that passage, you have left undone the weightier matters of the law. Are we under the law Mr. Jones?

Mr. Jones: No.

Judge: Why not?

Mr. Jones: Because Jesus fulfilled it.

Judge: When did Jesus fulfill the law?

Mr. Jones: When He was crucified.

Judge: So the law was still in effect until Jesus death?

Mr. Jones: That is correct.

Judge: I think you know where I am going with this don't you?

Mr. Jones: Yes your Honor. Since Jesus had not yet been crucified and the law was still binding the Pharisees were required to tithe because it was part of the law. Once the law ended, tithing ended also.

Judge: I want you to take a look at that verse again. Also tell me, what were they tithing?

Mr. Jones: The scripture says it was mint, dill and cumin.

Judge: Is money mentioned?

Mr. Jones: No it was not.

Judge: Once again it was edible products that they were tithing, not money. Do you have anything else you would like to say?

Mr. Jones: If people only tithed edible products like the scripture says, then how would the church survive? We have our mortgage payment, utility bills, my salary and a host of other things that we have to pay each week. We depend on the money from the people.

[b]Judge: The need does not justify the means. In other words, just because you have all these debts does not give you the right to twist and manipulate scripture and cause people to give under fear of being cursed by God to meet your needs. In closing, let me recap a few things for you Mr. Jones. The tithe was never money; the tithe was an Old Testament law, which is no longer binding. When it was binding the tithe was used to take care of people, not buildings. We are under a new covenant now. Paul instructs the Corinthian believers how they are to give. He says in second Corinthians chapter 9 verse 7, Let each man give according as he has determined in his heart; not grudgingly, or under compulsion; for God loves a cheerful giver. So each believer is supposed to give as he or she has determined in his or her heart. If you are trying to make people give under the threat of being cursed or any other reason you are wrong. Someone can not give cheerfully if they are being forced to give. If your church can not survive on freewill offerings maybe God is not part of your church at all.[/b]

Mr. Jones: I never realized all these things, I have always been taught that we had to tithe money to the local church and that is what I have always taught. I can see now that I was completely wrong. I did not study the scripture for myself, I only took mans word for it. Yes I am guilty. I will not teach this error anymore.

Judge: Mr. Jones, I can see that you done this in ignorance and are repentant, this court will not hold you accountable. It is your responsibility to know the truth. I would advise you and everyone else in this courtroom to really start studying the Bible and seeking God on the subject of tithing and your eyes will be open. Do not just take mans word any longer. Start seeking God as to how and where He would have you give. Court adjourned.

4 Likes

Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by PastorKun(m): 7:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
@Nora544

Keep up the good work smiley we must set ALL the captives free.

2 Likes

Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2014
Pictures or it didnt happen?
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by woky: 7:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
but the story no short naaa

E long joor
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by nora544: 7:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
woky: but the story no short naaa

E long joor

Sorry that it is so long but when i get it i feel i have to show it, it is realy great.
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Mintayo(m): 10:40pm On Jan 07, 2014
Smh...
How i wish the time,strength and aggression anti-tithers used in 'preaching' against tithe are channelled towards preaching the Gospel-telling ppl abt Jesus and His kingdom...smh.

2 Likes

Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 08, 2014
Mintayo: Smh...
How i wish the time,strength and aggression anti-tithers used in 'preaching' against tithe are channelled towards preaching the Gospel-telling ppl abt Jesus and His kingdom...smh.

Abi o... I wonder if thats what God told em to do
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by PastorKun(m): 7:31am On Jan 08, 2014
Mintayo: Smh...

How can you as a christian feel comfortable with a major fraud(tithing) being perpetuated with God's name and packaged as a christian obligation? Preaching the gospel (good news) also means we teach that christians are no longer under the law of which tithing is a part of. So preaching against the false tithe doctrine is preaching part of the good news of christ. Tithe captives are being set free to the glory of God.

1 Like

Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Mintayo(m): 9:27am On Jan 08, 2014
Pastor Kun:

How can you as a christian feel comfortable with a major fraud(tithing) being perpetuated with God's name and packaged as a christian obligation? Preaching the gospel (good news) also means we teach that christians are no longer under the law of which tithing is a part of. So preaching against the false tithe doctrine is preaching part of the good news of christ. Tithe captives are being set free to the glory of God.
You are only deceieving urself n you knw it.
Tithe captives? Smh...you didnt talk abt those still in d captivity of darkness,you are talking abt tithe captives.
Jesus didnt send us to send people free from tithe but from the chains of darkness.
Do u knw how many ppl v left christainity,whose faith have been shaken and who r having doubt bcus of ur anti-tithe crusade??
If ppl are paying tithe let them pay,afterall its nt ur money neither where they forced in paying it.
Jesus commanded us to preach the gospel of the kingdom and tithe paying was not included.
How many ppl have u and d Op led to Christ? How many ppl have you shown the light in the gospel of our Lord Jesus and Saviour?...smh...
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by PastorKun(m): 10:00am On Jan 08, 2014
Mintayo:
You are only deceieving urself n you knw it.
Tithe captives? Smh...you didnt talk abt those still in d captivity of darkness,you are talking abt tithe captives.
Jesus didnt send us to send people free from tithe but from the chains of darkness.
Do u knw how many ppl v left christainity,whose faith have been shaken and who r having doubt bcus of ur anti-tithe crusade??
If ppl are paying tithe let them pay,afterall its nt ur money neither where they forced in paying it.
Jesus commanded us to preach the gospel of the kingdom and tithe paying was not included.
How many ppl have u and d Op led to Christ? How many ppl have you shown the light in the gospel of our Lord Jesus and Saviour?...smh...

Do you know how many people have refused to accept christianity or turned away from christianity because of the cost(mandatory tithing) attached to it? Especially when the bible makes it clear that salvation is free. Don't you see the hypocrisy in this? That mere men are placing a burden on the flock of christ. Truth be told this false evil doctrine of tithes is one of the leading issues discouraging believers from accepting christianity today.

2 Likes

Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Mintayo(m): 5:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pastor Kun:

Do you know how many people have refused to accept christianity or turned away from christianity because of the cost(mandatory tithing) attached to it? Especially when the bible makes it clear that salvation is free. Don't you see the hypocrisy in this? That mere men are placing a burden on the flock of christ. Truth be told this false evil doctrine of tithes is one of the leading issues discouraging believers from accepting christianity today.
Sorry,you lie,that is not true. How can somebody refus to accept christainity because of tithe? You don't bcome a christain because of tithe,christainity is way beyond that. And its lack of proper scriptural understanding anyways...christainity is way beyond tithe paying and tithe paying is not something you are forced into.
Btw,do you knw that there are unbelievers who pay tithe?
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pastor Kun: @Nora544
Keep up the good work smiley we must set ALL the captives free.
Psto, go set d captives free 4rm darkness,tithers ar not in captivity.n reali, hw many pple av told u dat its because of tithes dey ar nt born again?
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Oyinprince(m): 8:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
@Mintayo kudos sir
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by JPpresh406(m): 11:38am On Oct 09, 2014
I don't know where this so called pastor kun and Nora are taking this their anti-tithing campaign to?
why don't u write an article about the gospel?..I'm sure the holy spirit didn't ask u guys to write this or publish it..smh..
Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by PastorKun(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
JPpresh406:
I don't know where this so called pastor kun and Nora are taking this their anti-tithing campaign to?
why don't u write an article about the gospel?..I'm sure the holy spirit didn't ask u guys to write this or publish it..smh..

And was it the holy spirit that asked preachers to twist scriptures to justify extorting tithes from believers Fact remains that the tithe doctrine pollutes the true gospel of Christ. Teaching people the truth about tithes is in conformity with the gospel of Christ which is based on grace.

2 Likes

Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by oaroloye(m): 10:13pm On Aug 12, 2017
SHALOM!

Judge? Chop this Scripture, and Retire!

. DEUTERONOMY 26:1-19.

AND it shall be,
when thou art come in
unto the land which
The LORD thy God
giveth thee for an inheritance,
and possessest it,
and dwellest therein;
2. That thou shalt take
of the first of all the fruit
of the Earth,
which thou shalt bring
of thy land that
The LORD thy God giveth thee,
and shalt put it in a basket,
and shalt go unto the place
which the LORD thy God
shall choose to place
His Name there.
3. And thou shalt go
unto the Priest
that shall be in those days,
and say unto him,
I profess this day
unto The LORD thy God,
that I am come
unto the country
which The LORD Sware
unto our fathers
for to give us.
4. And the Priest
shall take the basket
out of thine hand,
and set it down
before the Altar
of The LORD thy God.
5. And thou shalt speak
and say before
The LORD thy God,

"A Syrian ready to perish
was my father,
and he went down into Egypt,
and sojourned there
with a few,
and became there a nation,
great, mighty, and populous:
6. "And the Egyptians
evil entreated us,
and afflicted us,
and laid upon us hard bondage:
7. "And when we cried
unto The LORD God
of our fathers,
The LORD heard our voice,
and looked on our affliction,
and our labour,
and our oppression:
8. And The LORD brought us
forth out of Egypt
with a Mighty Hand,
and with an Outstretched Arm,
and with great terribleness,
and with signs,
and with wonders:
9. And he hath brought us
into this place,
and hath given us this land,
even a land that floweth with milk and honey.
10. And now,
behold, I have brought
the Firstfruits of the land,
which Thou,
O LORD,
hast given me."

And thou shalt set it
before The LORD thy God,
and worship
before The LORD thy God:
11. And thou shalt rejoice
in every good thing
which The LORD thy God
hath given unto thee,
and unto thine house,
thou, and the Levite,
and the stranger
that is among you.
12. When thou hast made
an End of Tithing
all the Tithes of thine increase
the third year,
which is the year of Tithing,
and hast given it
unto the Levite,
the Stranger,
the fatherless,
and the widow,
that they may eat
within thy gates,
and be filled;
13. Then thou shalt say
before The LORD thy God,

"I have brought away
the Hallowed Things
out of mine house,
and also have given them
unto the Levite,
and unto the stranger,
to the fatherless,
and to the widow,
according to all Thy Commandments
Which thou hast
Commanded me:
I have not transgressed
Thy Commandments,
neither have I forgotten them:
14. "I have not eaten thereof
in my mourning,
neither have I taken away
ought thereof
for any unclean use,
nor given ought thereof
for the dead:
but I have hearkened
to The Voice of The LORD my God,
and have done according to
all that Thou hast Commanded me.
15. "Look down
from Thy Holy Habitation,
from Heaven,
and Bless thy people Israel,
and the land
which Thou hast given us,
as Thou Swarest
unto our fathers,
a land that floweth
with milk and honey.
16. This day The LORD thy God
hath Commanded thee
to do these Statutes and Judgments:
thou shalt therefore
keep and do them
with all thine heart,
and with all thy soul.
17. Thou hast avouched The LORD
this day to be thy God,
and to walk in His Ways,
and to keep his Statutes,
and His Commandments,
and His Judgments,
and to hearken unto
His Voice:
18. And The LORD
hath avouched thee this day
to be His peculiar people,
as he hath Promised thee,
and that thou shouldest keep
all His Commandments;
19. And to make thee high
above all nations
which he hath made,
in praise,
and in name,
and in honour;
and that thou mayest be
an holy people
unto The LORD thy God,
as He hath Spoken.

THE BIBLE TALKED ABOUT ABRAM TITHING, AS IF EVERYONE READING WOULD KNOW WHAT THAT WAS.

ABRAM was NOT a PRIEST, MELCHIZEDEK was GOD'S HIGH PRIEST. Do you think this was Abram's First Time paying TITHES?

IF ONLY THE PRIEST HAS TO PAY TITHES, WHERE DOES HE GET IT FROM?

He is a PRIEST, 24/7! He has no TIME to go FARM!

EVERYBODY who served God must have TITHED!

Re: The Trial Of Pastor Jones (Adeboye) A Short Story by Topgainer: 11:41pm On Aug 12, 2017
nora544:

Nice story captures the true position of Christianity regarding tithe but I don't understand the Jones Adeboye.
Another way of making money by Pastors that does not have its foundation in Christianity is the SEEDS. Which Father asks his children to pay seed ( euphemism: sow seed) before he could grant their request? So If they say to him Father we need money for a textbook, he will retort where is your textbook seed. For virtually everything the mouth pieces of the gods will demand a seed from the sheeples. The Seed extortion is the en vogue thing, worse than tithe because in the name of seed people are coerced into emptying bank accounts in the hope of reaping the whole world in profit.
One day, I hope our Pastorpreneurs will heed the call and write a new Bible that will capture all their new revelations on how Christians should bring money to them.

(1) (Reply)

Ask God One Question / Reasons Why Men Of God Don't Preach This Part Of The Scripture (bible). / Was Saint Peter The First Pope?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.