Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,254 members, 7,880,941 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 09:39 AM

Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! (31218 Views)

Kanu Nwankwo Visits Kelechi Iheanacho In Manchester / Kelechi Iheanacho Makes ESPN Player Power Ranking. / Kelechi Iheanacho Ranked 9th Most Exciting Teen In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by ndidibabe(f): 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
Paroman: Kelechi is undisbutably the best midfielder in Africa and would easily walk into the 1st team of any top team in europe. Yaya Toure and David Silva will be sh!tting in their pants if this Kelechi transfer to Mancity finally pulls through.
Are u kidding me?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by mkoabiola: 9:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
LEt see hw he gets a regular playing shirt wit d likes of yaya,negredo,jesus navas,aguero,silva,nasiri,company and d rest.
Wishing hm well.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by sanityinsanity: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
grin
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by solomon111(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
mko abiola: LEt see hw he gets a regular playing shirt wit d likes of yaya,negredo,jesus navas,aguero,silva,nasiri,company and d rest.
Wishing hm well.
yaya,negredo and aguero are not his obstacles.
Iheanacho is an inverted winger cum central attacking midfielder.
His main contenders are silva,nasri and navas.
I think mancity could be a good move for him.
City are full of strikers but surprisingly few good attacking midfielders,which is probably why pellegrini is interested.
He should be able to break through if he works hard.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by UNLEASHED(m): 9:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
Kelechi's Manchester City transfer is done? Really? Wow!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by edenn: 9:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
sadOoooo y u no go man united nah
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jan 08, 2014
Idi-Amin:
I believe the word you looking for is 'wether'.
Wetin you get for SSCE english? F9?
Its "whether" oga.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Bizibi(m): 9:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
solomon111: yaya,negredo and aguero are not his obstacles.
Iheanacho is an inverted winger cum central attacking midfielder.
His main contenders are silva,nasri and navas.
I think mancity could be a good move for him.
City are full of strikers but surprisingly few good attacking midfielders,which is probably why pellegrini is interested.
He should be able to break through if he works hard.
forget DAT mata jare,they will loan DAT guy and he no go near 1st team shikena
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Ninapha(f): 9:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
khaniku: Wish him all the best.Heard city also wants to sign chidiebere nwakali
u are right. The deal is almost signed by now. He is already away to uk.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by dabossman(m): 9:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
fijiano202: Chai see how this young Champ end his Career,well he will get to hear and learn from Sinclair,Rodwell,Lescott,Guidetti,Micah Richards and co,He will sit in Reserves until he grows white hair.

I remember the same thing was said about Mikel when he chose Chelsea over Man Utd (I'm a United fan by the way). Nigerians (except Chelsea fans of course) felt at United he stood a better chance of first team football because United needed a creative player to replace Scholes. But the same Mikel has played in the Chelsea first team under different managers since then. In another 2-3 years who says Iheanacho can't grow to become a key player or a first team player at City. And even if he doesn't another big team may come for him. Was Paul Pogba not at United for many years without playing first team football before Juventus came for him? Even Thiago Alcantara was not a first team player at Barca, but Guardiola still went for him after he moved to Bayern.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by dabossman(m): 9:52pm On Jan 08, 2014
crisycent: With all this plenty plenty wahala, the total money involved is not even upto one million pounds...laff wan tear my belle

Keep laughing o. Mind you it's over a million dollars and over a million euros. And that for a young Nigerian player bought from an academy, not the professional league.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Igbanibo: 9:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
I would have preferred he chose a team like Porto, where he can learn and potentially earn a spot on the team. If am I correct, the contract for Man City would have him playing in Cote D'voire at an academy. Oh well, I guess they went for the money! All I can say is I wish him the best.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by chucky234(m): 9:57pm On Jan 08, 2014
grandstar: Congrats for him! Hope he'll use the money he earns throughout his career sensibly. Its shocking to learn that 70% of ex-footballers face financial problems after retirement (SMH)
You no go let the poor boy kick-start him career before you begin dey calculate how him go spend money.
Why you dey form by-force financial expert, na ITK go kill you.

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by PetroDolla2: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
striker9: God knows best,I think he didn't like the idea of going to ghana,I mean who will?I know he doesn't want to be a bench warmer in city,to be a bench warmer in Porto would be worse.
and who told you Ghanaians wanted him in their country. and what dso you mean by who will? are you better than the people who live in Ghana? such a rubbish talk from a certified mumu
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by striker9(m): 11:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
PetroDolla2: and who told you Ghanaians wanted him in their country. and what dso you mean by who will? are you better than the people who live in Ghana? such a rubbish talk from a certified mumu
cry me a river!
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by safarigirl(f): 11:03pm On Jan 08, 2014
PetroDolla2: and who told you Ghanaians wanted him in their country. and what dso you mean by who will? are you better than the people who live in Ghana? such a rubbish talk from a certified mumu
how can Iheanacho that was partly responsible for the downfall of the Ghanaian U-17 team go to the same Ghana? Make dem azonto boys break him leg destroy him career?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by chessguru1(m): 11:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
He should go to chelsea and mourihno jare grin grin grin

And be converted to a worldclass defensive midfielder grin
#na play oo grin

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Allohrandy(m): 11:05pm On Jan 08, 2014
mko abiola: LEt see hw he gets a regular playing shirt wit d likes of yaya,negredo,jesus navas,aguero,silva,nasiri,company and d rest.
Wishing hm well.
he is just 17 years and no one expect him to bench the likes of yaya now or for him to play regular football now. Man city are investing in him to replace those big players when they retire or leave the club

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by xkobans: 11:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
While NLdrs prematurely anticipate this youngster at Etihad, this news is not confirmed. Here is what i gathered from the official website of Manchester city.

Elsewhere, the M.E.N are also reporting that City could yet capture the services of Nigerian starlet, Kelechi Iheanacho.
After it was reported on Friday that the youngster would be heading to Sporting Lisbon, it has been claimed now that City are back in the driving seat in the race to sign him.
Brennan writes: "The youngster, who was voted best player at the under-17 World Cup, which his country won in November, had also been lined up by Porto.
"But City made a decisive move for the player before Christmas, although reports in Spain that the player has already signed a deal are premature.
"Iheanacho is now in Barcelona, and City are believed to be wary because the deal has already been put in jeopardy by the demands of people around the youngster.

http://www.mcfc.com/News/What-the-papers-say/2014/January/What-the-media-says-8-January

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by kirian202: 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
And Man City just nack west Ham 6-0 now just to welcome de wonder kid $
Man city all my life

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:26pm On Jan 08, 2014
Bvesan:
.Man city are working on a long term youth policy, it is a good move for the lad. You mean Isco at Malaga?
Thanks very much, the tab I use does auto correction and I didn't notice it. Thanks again and I meant Isco at Malaga.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by PetroDolla2: 11:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: how can Iheanacho that was partly responsible for the downfall of the Ghanaian U-17 team go to the same Ghana? Make dem azonto boys break him leg destroy him career?
can you imagine. most people in Ghana have long forgotten about that match. It's been long forgotten. and it was just u-17, nothing to take seriously. we all know it is a different story at the senior level,huh? u-17 success is good but its nothing to gloat over
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Chartey(m): 11:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: how can Iheanacho that was partly responsible for the downfall of the Ghanaian U-17 team go to the same Ghana? Make dem azonto boys break him leg destroy him career?
That Right To Dream academy is world class o. Google it.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by safarigirl(f): 11:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
Chartey:
That Right To Dream academy is world class o. Google it.
well the location isn't world class enough for an U-17 champion, glad he's currently in Barcelone, that sounds more like it

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Nobody: 12:06am On Jan 09, 2014
£250,000? £350k for the hungry dad? I think the kid is worth at least £5m. How many 'talentless' rétards (especially from England) have been signed for much more?

This deal would favour Man City more eventually, whether they choose to sell him later or not. Excellent bargain for Man City.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:12am On Jan 09, 2014
We just snapped another youngster. Exciting days ahead.

Manchester City Have Completed A Deal For Young Malmo FF Striker Zacharias Faour

https://www.nairaland.com/1586229/manchester-city-completed-deal-young
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Ranchhoddas: 12:15am On Jan 09, 2014
Paroman: Kelechi is undisbutably the best midfielder in Africa and would easily walk into the 1st team of any top team in europe. Yaya Toure and David Silva will be sh!tting in their pants if this Kelechi transfer to Mancity finally pulls through.
how much gbana you smoke before you type this thing?
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Ranchhoddas: 12:25am On Jan 09, 2014
Idi-Amin:
[b]
the guy get F9 but you get G10.
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by darenyx(m): 12:49am On Jan 09, 2014
Pls like my Facebook page... www.facebook.com/uniqueplansnigeria
Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Chartey(m): 1:06am On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: well the location isn't world class enough for an U-17 champion, glad he's currently in Barcelone, that sounds more like it
How does the location affect how his talents are honed in a world-class academy? Even the Asec academy in Cote D'Ivoire that produced the Toures is not in a location as good as the RtD academy. I'm not talking about countries now but the towns.
People were just uncomfortable with the fact that he would have been in Ghana, but really being at RtD would have been very good. This is an academy that tours Europe and almost always gets into medal zones of world academy tourneys. Well, in football there are no definites.

2 Likes

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by auskenfine(m): 1:15am On Jan 09, 2014
Safa baby thank you. After now them go open mouth say women no sabi football. Shame.
safarigirl: ERM...kelechi is an attacking midfielder, it's you who needs to check before you talk

1 Like

Re: Kelechi Iheanacho's Move To Manchester City Done!! by Chrisx1x(m): 1:22am On Jan 09, 2014
Is this news current?it look awkward to me,i thought the deal failed,any way,this is what i got to say,iheanachao WATIN DEY WORRY U?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Carlos Tevez Marries Venesa Mansilla (Photos) / CAF List Of Nominees For African Player Of The Year Award / Oliseh Becomes First Fortuna Sittard Coach To Win 6 Straight Home Games

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.