Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,083 members, 7,939,379 topics. Date: Wednesday, 04 September 2024 at 01:24 AM

Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? (6720 Views)

Poll: Can you imagine yourself doing this under any circumstances?

Yes/Maybe: 26% (16 votes)
No/Never!: 73% (45 votes)
This poll has ended

Exam Malpractice: See What This Lady Did To Cheat In An Exam Hall (photo) / Man Sponsored These Children To School Because Their Parents Couldn’t Afford To / How To Pass Mathematics In Exams On Your Own (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by ScanLess: 4:22pm On May 26, 2009
whatta sin thing !!! man !!!, all dem babylon parents on this thread , dem a come 2 buy bullet and microchip 4 dem yung urns, unu fi know, dat child cant get no where in life ,man !!. babylon system a destroy our school, no ? 9ja cant get no good president, 9ja cant get no good leaders, 9ja cant get no good doctors, 9ja cant produce natin, coz babylon parents ,babylon teechas , babylon shitstem a run the school, dem a destroy our kids, our future!!, but i and i cum 2 chant down this babylon messup. nuff cheating in a de school system !!!, pull down babylon !!! boom zaga !! angry
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by adybabs: 4:23pm On May 26, 2009
the irony of it all is that it is the mother that encourage the crime most. why?

1. they always think they love the child most
2. they may see it as a way to impress the father,friends and d likes worst still when the it is a polygamous home. serious competition

father rarely do it though they may tend to stylishly push it to the mother.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Sukosam(m): 4:27pm On May 26, 2009
Any parent dat assists his/her ward 2 cheat in an exam is nt only irresponsible bt shameless
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 4:48pm On May 26, 2009
The first page of this thread almost made me faint until consultant came in.

What?

These are the people that complain bitterly about how bad Naija is; how bad the leaders are, yet they are the ones vomiting this kind of thing.

God save Nigeria!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Jarus(m): 6:03pm On May 26, 2009
@Topic
Lailai
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Redman44(m): 6:15pm On May 26, 2009
GIGO

Garbage In, Garbage Out.

It is what we put into our children that they will manifest in the future. My parents never condoned cheating in exams. Infact, I was flogged for not performing well in school. In High School, I was asked to repeat JSS2 [ though when we resumed, I was promoted for some strange reasons I cant understand till today ] and guess what my dad told me when he saw my report card.

' Get out of my sight '. he said. His harsh comment cut into me and I buckled up in the next academic year. Helping our children to cheat in exams will only make them corrupt in the future. Cheers.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by neeyee(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2009
Never!!!! My children should lean SOLO surviving by reading their books
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by onlysose(m): 8:51pm On May 26, 2009
no matter how intelligent you are if you see everyone cheated, make sure you are not left out
we are talking of a failed system here

people pay to get 250-260 jamb score in lagos you will be guarranteed that. when I wrote my jamb, if you get 220 every student in your school will hear about you. so the cheating escallated the cut off point. so if you want to use your head then you wont meet the cut off point in most cases. while cheating, just make sure you know the stuff becos when the chips are down you will still be on a safe side.

the root of the problem though is leaderships, a failed one. dont be so myopic by looking at a parent buying an exam script. but extending it to lack of law and order in the society. the society is cheating the people that is why the people inturn are cheating the society.

remember in a situation of anarchy , only anachist survive
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by trhymes(m): 8:57pm On May 26, 2009
I will simply teach him/her how to read and pass exams.
When the child grows up, he/she will be used to this and it
will make him/her successful in life.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Theblessed(f): 9:17pm On May 26, 2009
[b]Me??[/b]Never, never!!  I struggled and worked hard for what I have today as a result, I made sure my children would not go through what I went through.  In terms of their EDUCATION - there's no mercy here.  They must go through the RIGHT DOORS - no short cuts for them, period.  

Nigeria Education system is full of CROOKS AND CHEATS and nothing would change it.  
Few years ago, my niece passed her Federal Government entrance and her name was published in the list of successful candidates.  When the interview time came, they asked my sister to pay them #50,000 or so.  By the time she rallied around for that, someone else had bought my niece's place for their daughter and that was the end of that.  Anyway, my niece is bright and she is now at the Uni in Abuja reading Law and, that's NIGERIA EDUCATION SYSTEM FOR YOU, shame!!!!!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by temilola12(f): 9:32pm On May 26, 2009
NO. I will never be part of such. I will never encourage anyone to do it let alone my kids. I believe adult should set good examples for kids to follow. We should not be the one to help them in doing wrong things. We know our right from left, therefore, we should all discourage it. We should remember repercussion. What goes around comes around. Let's always pray for our kids even right from the womb and tell God what we want them to become in life and I believe with God nothing shall be impossible.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by MrCrackles(m): 9:35pm On May 26, 2009
Topic

NAH!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by fyneguy: 9:43pm On May 26, 2009
As at the time of my post, 18 people voted against while 7 supported. Going by the result, majority would not assist their wards, but in reality, the reverse is the case.  Many parents assist their wards! Hypocrisy?

Let's not limit the cheating to exam alone. Many of the posters who wrote JAMB and did not meet cut-off points, used immoral ways to secure admission into Universities and polytechnics. Even at unity schools, many parents try to compromise the system to get their wards in.

The cheating must be addressed in totality and not just in exam malpractices.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by nezerst(f): 11:51pm On May 26, 2009
This is the reason why this country will be corrupt in a long time to come.
Funny this same people are the ones that come up with holier tha thou attitude whenever some1 comes up with a silly thread.
Shows what we really are;
Shameless and CORRUPT!!!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by C2H5OH(f): 11:55pm On May 26, 2009
yeah of course I think many parents would do it if it helps. Why? I think some of it has to do with money. poverty drives people mad. They have spent so much money helping their kids get where they are now and failing is not an acceptable option.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by nezerst(f): 11:56pm On May 26, 2009
This is the reason why there are half baked graduates everywhere!!!!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 12:22am On May 27, 2009
More like uncooked. Half baked will need a little work to bring through but majority need re-processing from the scratch !
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by tenhap(m): 8:10am On May 27, 2009
Not an option as far as i am concerned!!! Thank God my kids (by my rating) are damn smart!!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agoro2u: 8:57am On May 27, 2009
No comment
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Bolarge(m): 9:18am On May 27, 2009
@Topic

Utterly inconceivable.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by kshow1(m): 10:19am On May 27, 2009
fyneguy:

As at the time of my post, 18 people voted against while 7 supported. Going by the result, majority would not assist their wards, but in reality, the reverse is the case. Many parents assist their wards! Hypocrisy?

Let's not limit the cheating to exam alone. Many of the posters who wrote JAMB and did not meet cut-off points, used immoral ways to secure admission into Universities and polytechnics. Even at unity schools, many parents try to compromise the system to get their wards in.

The cheating must be addressed in totality and not just in exam malpractices.

i quite agree with you because most of us are hypocrites, practice what you preach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by Jerjens: 10:35am On May 27, 2009
i wonda who helped yaradua, he dnt seem too bright. but grin he is president. question smiley do u tink any sch would fail his son(d president) if d boy/gal failed grin grin
ans now! @poster lets say u were the principal.

oga find anoda topic mak i hear word angry
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by steroid: 10:39am On May 27, 2009
Impossible
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2009
steroid:

I will go with this saying which i learnt years back when I was a kid

" If you cannot win honourably, then you cheat."

Who then gave you the mouth to complain and point fingers at others?

it is a well known fact that southners hate northners so much. even me i do hate them(northners) be cause they are the ones who have made this nation the way it is. highest forms of corruption in this nation can be traced to them, the highest forms of damage done on this nation can be traced to them, they are all useless in all ramifications
Hypocrisy?
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by steroid: 11:51am On May 27, 2009
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 11:57am On May 27, 2009
Have only one face. That is what we need. lets know who is who.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by lordsister: 12:19pm On May 27, 2009
i support mamaput 100%.my parents helped us in d early 90s wen my 2 elder ones wrote JAMB,WAEC n GCE 4 like 10 consecutive times but no success 4 a particular subject n we will 4ever b grateful 2 them 4 payin 4 a special centre 4 us. we r all graduates now from one of d best universities in Nig and thank God wen we got in2 higher institutn we did our best n we al graduated wit gd grades cos it was not dat we didn't know d basics of wot we were bn thought then cos we neva failed d sch internal exams but WAEC was just frustrating then.am a banker nw,doing my MBA and in PE2 of ican without stress.so,i dn't see anything bad in helping ones children 2 cheat if d situatn warrants it but thank God our educatn sys is better now in Nig because theres competitn so i dn't think there wil b need 4 dat anylonger.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2009
lordsister:

i support mamaput 100%.my parents helped us in d early 90s wen my 2 elder ones wrote JAMB,WAEC n GCE 4 like 10 consecutive times but no success 4 a particular subject n we will 4ever b grateful 2 them 4 payin 4 a special centre 4 us. we r all graduates now from one of d best universities in Nig and thank God wen we got in2 higher institutn we did our best n we al graduated wit gd grades cos it was not dat we didn't know d basics of wot we were bn thought then cos we neva failed d sch internal exams but WAEC was just frustrating then.am a banker nw,doing my MBA and in PE2 of ican without stress.so,i dn't see anything bad in helping ones children 2 cheat if d situatn warrants it but thank God our educatn sys is better now in Nig because theres competitn so i dn't think there wil b need 4 dat anylonger.

There are many ways to become a graduate with 'good' grades.
There are many ways to get bank job merit or not
In Nigeria you cheat your way through but what you you cannot cheat is reality. The parent that paid for special centre will as well provide money for bribing lecturers. If not you can also work hard and give them your body for the good mark.
Getting a bank job is easy if you can throw your legs wide. MBA and the lort can also be arranged.

Who told you that there was no competition when you did your waec? Stop deceiving yourself.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by steroid: 12:33pm On May 27, 2009
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 12:35pm On May 27, 2009
It is left for you to find out.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by lordsister: 1:25pm On May 27, 2009
@agaba123
as at d time i did my waec there was no competitn it was afterwards dt neco nw came on board n anyhow u r entitled 2 your opinion abt me opening my legs 4 lecturer or not.if u can manipulate yr way in MBA is it also possible 2 do dat in ICAN?pls if it is, let me know.
Re: Would You Help Your Children To Cheat In Exams? by agabaI23(m): 1:40pm On May 27, 2009
Which ever way you did it, you know you did not go through the Uni with out cheating. By kind or by cash you know it. And by kind is still the most effective weapon this days.

The truth is that it will always reflect on your attitude to work, innovation and dedication to service.
It is immoral for you to come here and glorify what you should be ashamed of.

By the way,that NECO is an option does not make WAEC any easier. It is only an easier way out for those who don't want to work hard.
Everybody must not go to the UNI. if you cannot get the requirements, there are other areas where one can excel and make better living.

So quit enthronement of evil. That is what has eaten deep into the fabrics of our society.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission / Ebola: Rivers Government To Shut Down Schools Without Pipe-borne Water / THE MEDIA WRITER - A BOOK REVIEW by Godspower Udoh (UNIUYO - GST 121) - SAMPLE !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.