Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,804 members, 7,972,876 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 09:15 PM

Reasons Why Employers Believe A University Graduate Is Better Than Polytechnics - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reasons Why Employers Believe A University Graduate Is Better Than Polytechnics (641 Views)

9 Reasons Why Nigerian Universities Are Better Than Polytechnics / PHOTOS: See What They Did To An Ambrose Ali University Graduate / Humiliation Of A University Graduate On Graduation Day (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reasons Why Employers Believe A University Graduate Is Better Than Polytechnics by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 08, 2014
The students and staff of Polytechnic schools usually claim they should be equal to University graduate. Check this out.
If polytechnic students want to be respected like University students, then they should simply do things University do if they can
1. Starting from O level requirement into their schools. They should be strict on receiving students who already have their result atmost at 2 sittings, like Universities do. Some schools even have provision for admission on the basis that you provide the remaining result bedore you finish. You can never find this in University.
2. Jamb/UTME cutoff: Although gone are the days of a seperate poly jamb(which some find easier than the university counterpart). The current UTME might be for both Poly and University students but while Universities are selective in picking students with high score and passing PostUme. Some poly schools will be satisfied with the leftover cutoffs. And yet they want to be treated like University students.
3: the teachers: while professors and doctors are countless in Universities, Poly don't have such.

If Polytechnic want to be like University then they should rise up and have standard like University

Add your own
Re: Reasons Why Employers Believe A University Graduate Is Better Than Polytechnics by gidjah(m): 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2014
Quite tru @op, though a product of poly, yet my kind are rare in d sch settings,even in d uni settings,I hv tried to dinstinguish my self as a sch product and ds kips speaking for me at d various places I hv worked eva afta my sch, let's all strive to b diff at our various careers and field of work,then d work world would get better.

(1) (Reply)

2014 Utme In Anticipation / Personality Attributes Of Nigerians / Yabatech Part Time Form On Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.