Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,465 members, 7,891,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 10:35 PM

Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 - Sports (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 (51448 Views)

Yaya Toure Is The CAF African Best Player Of The Year / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Yaya Toure Is African Footballer For 2012 : Glo CAF Awards 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by sheymoni(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abrahamovic has made just £1.4m profit since he bought Chelsea. Hw can he make profit? He hired jet for mikel to come & watch the coronation of yaya. Whatever happen to cable TV only him can tell
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by paschalndidi(m): 11:43pm On Jan 09, 2014
Rexnegro: Let us not lie to ourselves because we re Nigerians ,the truth is yaya deserves it, mikel was only part of teams that won trophies not like he's better than yaya....
you think through your anus. Mikel was part of the team that won trophies and yaya was part of the team that didnt win any trophy. So who deserves it more?

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by BankManager(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
NIGERIAN PAPERS TOMORROW GONNA BE LIKE:

Mikel heads to tribunal next Saturday after been ignored in the much debated African Footballer of the Year Award.To write an open letter to C.A.F President as well...
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by AkereP(m): 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
I DONT CARE

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by texaco1: 11:45pm On Jan 09, 2014
Rexnegro: Let us not lie to ourselves because we re Nigerians ,the truth is yaya deserves it, mikel was only part of teams that won trophies not like he's better than yaya....
perfect reply to those crying that mikel was robbed of this award
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Sagamite: Good! Worthy winner and well-deserved.

It would have been an absolute shame if Mikel won it.

The only downside now is the "record" praise-singers. Now in a few years time, you will get some silly idiot saying that because Yaya has won APoY 3 times, he is one of the 3 greatest players ever and better than George Weah, Drogba and Roger Milla.

The idiot would not think about conditions. In the last 3 years, African players have not been great. Only Yaya stands out.

Even on the planet, there aren't too many DM/CM better than Yaya Toure. Arturo Vidal and a handful of other players.

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by segnys007(m): 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
paschal ndidi: you re very silly. Its like you started watching football yesterday. Didnt you hear what yaya said? He said my brother mikel deserved it as well
what did you expect him to say. To say Mikel can't play sh*t? He was trying to be diplomatic !

2 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by good4all: 11:46pm On Jan 09, 2014
Felicitation!!! Yaya Toure
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Gpcork(m): 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
Am told d award is base on individual performance and atsuch mikel is behind yaha toure on dat.bt den i wan 2ask,if actually individual performance is wat is taken into cognisant,hw come jay jay okocha was neva given dis award,cos yr in yr out tru out his playin days,he was superb...could it b dat d basis 4awardin dis award was changed after okocha retired...[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by matsilver: 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
Moderator, can u plz. Change d name of diz caf award to francophone award. Plz. Na beg i de beg o.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by negationhboy: 11:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
Dude's a beast! He does absolutely everything, defend, pass, score.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
Marcelinho:

Sorry What are you saying, cos is like you ended up saying Nothing
that is hw it should be in ur ear,coz u are licking Mikel's a,s,s!!.

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Akiika: 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
My Naija people, No be the same eye we dey take watch the premiership?, how do you expect Mikel to win over Toure?
I know you are used to abnormality and injustice, but some societies and organization still have common sense unlike some of you that an incompetent president like GEJ is adjudged to be performing because of atenuje.
Suck it up!

6 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by paschalndidi(m): 11:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
adekanbai: same here, psquare outing was a very bad one
they were drunk before coming out on stage. D bang, flavor, lagbaja, and that pretty lady from south Africa were fantastic
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
grin We will wake up tomorrow now and APC will blame GEJ for Mikel not winning the award
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by lordkrys(m): 11:51pm On Jan 09, 2014
This caf award really prove things. 1. Dbanj should nt try live band nt after coco concert then this mtcheew. 2. The fact the yaya toure is the best player in africa. 3. Psqaure has got to learn more from music. I begin to wonder what did the teach in glo xfactor 4. Flavour daddy i rep you.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by texaco1: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
paschal ndidi: you think through your anus. Mikel was part of the team that won trophies and yaya was part of the team that didnt win any trophy. So who deserves it more?
bro,it isn't about the trophies you win ,but your importance and contribution to the team you play for. Yaha is a very influential and consistent figure in man city team and also his national team. He carries a lot of responsibilty in those teams and his importance in them cannot be overlooked ,but in chelsea team mikel doesn't command the same type of respect that yaya commands .mikel can be on the bench for weeks and chelsea won't feel him ,not the same with yaya. I think the judges looked at the importance of these players to their respective teams before picking the winner but this doesn't mean that mikel isn't good enough. For the award

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
paschal ndidi: you think through your anus. Mikel was part of the team that won trophies and yaya was part of the team that didnt win any trophy. So who deserves it more?
hey,kip chut..it is an individual award nt team award!!...mikel 5 goals a whole career,yaya 10 goals this season,,,

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ideyvexnow: 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Fact: Mikel won trophies for both club and country last year, while Yaya Toure didn't anything..

If Yaya is such a great player, then why couldn't he help either his club or country to win trophies.

His club Man City lost to a relegation bound Wigan Athletic in the FA cup final and yet he is our player of the year

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Waladade4luv(m): 11:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Abeg when MTN go do sia own so dt oga mikel fit recontest abi na xo d fuel for d private jet go just waste? For this subsidy tym
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by segnys007(m): 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Zhangkum: Useless CAF and their Rubbish awards.

What's the criteria sef ?

And for those fools using goals scored ! Must a player score goals in order to be World Footballer ? Haven't you seen GoalKeeper and Defender winning the trophy before ?
goalkeeper ke? What year o?
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by shabach4u: 11:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Things like this won't stop happening in football.It's all about opinions of the voters, and by the way, can they make the criteria public so that we will all see whether we are just being sentimental.We are talking of FOOTBALLER here,not only goalscorer.If we continue this way,goalkeepers,defenders are doomed.As far as I am concerned MIKEL is my own footballer of the year.Period
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Edmomd(m): 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
xp17: when would nigerians start putting sentiments aside and face and acept defeat in the spirirt of sportmanship? yes john obi mikel played , just like christana ronaldo, but they both got a stronger man right in front to stop them. well, not everybody is lucky enough. Though John Obi Mikel played better than Ayo kanute and Emanue adebayo when the duo won this dreaded award , but there wasn't a strong contender at the time. This remind me of when Samuel Eto was on top of the game , we all wanted Jay Jay Okacha to emerge the winner , but deep inside of us we all knew that Samuel Eto performance was exceptional that year and better than that of Jay Jay.

last bomb: [size=18pt]NO BE BY PRIVATE JET

YAYA TOURE ENTER YOUR KEKE NAPE TAKE CARRY UR PROPERTY GO HOUSE[/size]
. If u no get better thing talk, keep ur mouth shut. Na u people who be bastard for Naija go wish make Etoo collect am over Okacha. Whenever its ur turn to shine people from outside go overshine u.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ROCKJ1(m): 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2014
Man city won both senior and junior african best players. Yaya and iheanacho... up man city

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by xtraordinariguy(m): 11:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
Toast and a well deserved applause to all awardees..if u aren't happy just go to sleep wake up in the morning u would feel better

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 11:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
LifeQuest: Quite painful...how I would have loved Mikel to have that title...
this is pure cheating..caf dn dae do 419
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by trustedward(m): 11:57pm On Jan 09, 2014
Wife:Darling today is our anniversary,what should we
do?
Husband: Let us stand in silence for 2 minutes.
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by jotey(m): 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
xtraordinariguy: Toast and a well deserved applause to all awardees..if u aren't happy just go to sleep wake up in the morning u would feel better
sorry bt i feel lyk punching you so that i can sleep better
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by xtraordinariguy(m): 11:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Gpcork: Am told d award is base on individual performance and atsuch mikel is behind yaha toure on dat.bt den i wan 2ask,if actually individual performance is wat is taken into cognisant,hw come jay jay okocha was neva given dis award,cos yr in yr out tru out his playin days,he was superb...could it b dat d basis 4awardin dis award was changed after okocha retired...[color=#000099][/color]
. Okochas case is spiritual
Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by negationhboy: 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
ideyvexnow: Fact: Mikel won trophies for both club and country last year, while Yaya Toure didn't anything..

If Yaya is such a great player, then why couldn't he help either his club or country to win trophies.

His club Man City lost to a relegation bound Wigan Athletic in the FA cup final and yet he is our player of the year

I like how you used 'won' instead of 'help'.

And as you will see in a few days, the winner of the ballon d'or will probably be another player who didn't win anything. Or maybe by your logic, Mikel should should win ballon d'or instead of Ronaldo.

3 Likes

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by ideyvexnow: 11:59pm On Jan 09, 2014
segnys007: goalkeeper ke? What year o?

the FIFA World Player Of The Year award was first introduced in 1991 & so far, no goalkeepers has ever won the award but Oliver Kahn, the GERMANY goalkeeper came close in 2002 when he was the runners-up behind Ronaldo.

1. RONALDO Nazário de Lima (Brazil) 387 pts
2. Oliver KAHN (Germany) 171
3. Zinedine ZIDANE (France) 148
4. ROBERTO CARLOS Da Silva (Brazil) 114
5. RIVALDO Vitor Borba Ferreira (Brazil) 92
6. RAÚL González Blanco (Spain) 90
7. Michael BALLACK (Germany) 82
8. David BECKHAM (England) 51
9. Thierry HENRY (France) 38
10. Michael OWEN (England) 34

1 Like

Re: Yaya Toure Is CAF African Footballer Of 2013 by Busuyib(f): 12:00am On Jan 10, 2014
na me be the next winner

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Kelechi Nwakali & Girlfriend, Francis Jacquelyn Rock Matching Outfits / EuropaLeague Celebrates Rahmon Lukman's Historic Hatrick / Cristiano Ronaldo Scores Hat-trick As Portugal Thrash Switzerland 3-1 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.