Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,950 members, 7,890,127 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:42 AM

The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) (1078 Views)

Man Batters Wife, Throws Her Out For Rejecting Custody Of Love Child (Pictured) / Does This Kind Of Love Still Exists? / Nigerians At Home Are More Fulfilled Than Those Abroad- By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) by exposureworld: 5:40am On Jan 10, 2014
John, a 27 years old young man graduated 4 years back and had no job. He moved from one friend’s house to another and owed huge debts to friends. Everyone was after his neck for their money. He was hated; stricken with poverty, no girl wanted him as a boyfriend. Out of frustration he took up a menial job as a day laborer. On his first day he made the equivalence of $80. As misfortune would have it, the money he wrapped in a piece of paper and tucked into his pocket fell off in a taxi cab. On getting home and realizing he’s lost the money, John could not have it any longer from misfortunes. He decided to take a chance on crime, at least only once to pay off some of his debts (so he thought). He made up his mind to wear masks and lay siege on a narrow pathway used by female students returning to their off-campus hostel. His plan was to rob lone young ladies and dispossess them of their cell phones, armed with a pocket knife and pepper spray.

On the other part of the small town, Lizzy was an Eight years old girl; daughter of a taxi driver, her mother was a trader. Lizzy’s teacher just taught them about the power of being good and doing something special to put smile on people’s face. She gave each child a card that read “Just a little gesture from me to show I love you. You are the best”, to give to someone special to them.

Lizzy’s parents have had very difficult marriage and contemplating divorce. On this day, Lizzy got home and handed the card to her mom. Mom was moved to tears and gave Lizzy a big hug. Mom placed the card on the table and left for her shop in the morning the next day. Her husband searching for his taxi cab keys saw the card on the dining table and thought it was a surprise from his wife for him to start reconciliation. He was shocked, smiled and murmured “now that’s the girl I married”. Over-joyed, he decided to reciprocate the gesture. He traced the young man who forgot the wrapped money in his taxi cab three days ago. Initially, he wanted to keep the money, but today he is over-joyed, in a good mood and decided to do the right thing believing his wife kept the card to win him back.

Luckily he was able to find the young man at the right time. John was just about setting out for his deadly mission, when a taxi pulled in front of him and reversed. “Hei, young man, do you remember me? I dropped you off three days ago and you forgot something in my car..today is just a happy day for me”, he said and handed John the money neatly wrapped in the same piece of paper. John stood amazed, and thanked him. He looked up to heavens and drops of tears strolled down his cheeks. For a moment he pondered and shelved his plans to rob young ladies that evening. He walked home in shame to reassess his life situation.

The taxi driver still thought the card was a surprise from his wife and didn’t want to be beaten by his wife's surprise. He stopped over at a gift shop, bought 2 strands of Rose flowers, a pack of Chocolate, and card for his wife. The card reads “Where there’s love there’s forgiveness, you are still the woman I love”. On getting home, he tried to beat his wife to the surprise and gave her the flower, chocolate, and card first. His surprised wife took the gifts, opened the card and read it in shock. Visibly shaken, with tears flowing freely down her cheeks she walked to her husband, hugged, kissed him and whispered to him “Today is my happiest day, forgive me and accept me as we used to be”. Little lizzy walked in to see her parents in warmth embrace. She’s never seen them express love to each other like that before. With absolutely no idea what was going on, she smiled and joined the family hug.

The little girl got her family back in love. Divorce was off her parent’s table. A young man got his money back and shelved his evil plans. Nobody was robbed, the community remained safe and life continued beautifully simply because of a teacher’s card – a gesture of love. That is the power of love and good deeds. Positive karma is like a chain reaction. Never think that your little gestures of love to a stranger doesn’t matter. You probably have unknowingly either saved some people from committing suicide a couple of times, or stopped someone from becoming devious with your random acts of love/ kindness. Don’t stop being good! Wake up tomorrow saying a loud ‘Good morning’ to your neighbors and coworkers and watch how they will react to you.

Encourage kids to believe in good deeds and power of love. It instills positive karma around them, and make society safer and better!

- An original short inspirational story by Godwin C Nwaogwugwu (Story Writer/ Author). Please reproduce with permission
Author African Bedtime Stories on Amazon.com: [url]http://www.amazon.com/African-Bedtime-Stories-Godwin-Nwaogwugwu-ebook/dp/B007NFLB5S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1389329107&sr=8-1&keywords=African+bedtime+stories+%281%29[/url]
Re: The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) by Maipride(f): 5:53am On Jan 10, 2014
Hmmm....intresting!!!

(In a loud voice)...
Good morning everyone.

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) by Cutepessy(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2014
nice one..... Good mawin and hapi Friday Nairalanders.

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) by Dlionsheart: 7:40am On Jan 10, 2014
INCREDIBLE!!!

But I think this family are not Nigerians, otherwise the wife would've said "useless man, na flowers I go chop"
Re: The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) by exposureworld: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
D lion'sheart:
INCREDIBLE!!!

But I think this family are not Nigerians, otherwise the wife would've said "useless man, na flowers I go chop"

It's never too late to cleanup the mindset of younger Nigerians each person starting from his/her household, and classroom teaching kids the values of respect, love, kindness, and being grateful to good gestures. Nigerians are born great and wonderful people but the environment/society our kids grow up in, turn them into monsters and unappreciative bullies manifesting in hardships, poverty, frustrations, heinous crimes, inhumanity, and chilling mob killings. Must we continue on that path of self-destruction? Should Govt/politicians raise our kids for us?
Re: The Power Of Love! -an Inspirational Story For Family (by G. C. Nwaogwugwu) by Temismith(f): 5:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
haaa

(1) (Reply)

Help!!! Who Should Resign? / Nigerian Finds Suitor Via Radio Appeal In Kano / Some Crazy Pictures That Shows Why Women Live Longer Than Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.