Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,346 members, 7,881,283 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:48 PM

Letter To My Son - 1 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To My Son - 1 (619 Views)

Check Out My Son @1 / Picture Of My Son Preparing For School For The First Time / Is My Son's School "Over Teaching?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Letter To My Son - 1 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
My son, I know it’s been quite a while I wrote to you. Please accept my apology. Work has been hectic and demanding and it’s a must I put in my best because that Is where I earn my pay and I must work to earn the pay. It’s the proper thing to do.

I have loads and loads of advice to give you and I just want to be rest assures that when you eventually become a man, I can sit back and say I have made a KING out of you. I want to be proud to say I have trained you up in the way of the Lord and I am convinced that you will not depart from it.

I will start by saying, be careful of who you call your Friend.

FRIEND

You see, “friendship” is an over-rated word in this society. People call every dick tom and harry their friends without taking time out to really know them.The bible says in

John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Now, that is friendship. Can your friend lay down his life for you? If your answer is yes then, you are one of the lucky few who have found the treasure called friend. If your answer is No, then there is no cause for alarm. You are just like every other majority who haven’t found the treasure and there is no need to be angry or disappointed.

For me, I really chose my friends. They don’t choose me. So maybe my techniques could be of help to you. I make it a point of duty to pick out people who have qualities and characters I admire, study them to see that they love God, try as much as possible to know their background(just to be sure I can align with it) and then I go ahead to make them my friend.

I try as much as possible to watch them closely and also measure them base on my own yardstick. I will give you the yardsticks now if peradventure, you will find them useful.

Mindset: I try to see if they are positively minded. I wouldn’t go ten miles close to a negative minded person. A pessimist, sadist or whatever name you want to call them. They are like a backward moving wheel. They will draw you back no matter how determined you are.

Respect: I cherish respect and I appreciate peeps who exhibit it. Respect is needed to live in this chaotic generation and it’s even important among friends.

Humility: This is one virtue I covet so much. Unfortunately, I am lacking here. However, I found solace in your father. He’s the most humble being I have ever met. (one of the reason’s I married him) So if you can’t emulate that in me, please do from your father. Humility is important.

Hard work: My son, I know by the time you grow up, there is every possibility that you might not fully understand the meaning of hard-work. You know why? Because it’s already becoming old-fashioned even in my generation and I wonder what yours will look like. However, don’t worry. If your friend don’t have it, move far away from him.

Empathy: Prince, if you have a friend who doesn't feel for people in time of pain, sorrow or joy then please don’t stay too long. Even God feel our pains so why should human be different?
I will stop my writing here today. I hope I have more time at my disposal to write about Money, Social Network, Respect, Humility, and so on.

Till you get to hear from me some other time am saying…BYE and KISSES

Copied: http://diaryofalovingmum./2014/01/07/letter-to-my-son-1/
Re: Letter To My Son - 1 by mgbeketoto: 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
Nice!
Too late for MANY! cheesy
Re: Letter To My Son - 1 by bellong: 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2014
Interesting piece....

More ink to your pen and may the well of wisdom not dry....

(1) (Reply)

Any Idea? / Punishment Or Child Abuse? / My

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.