Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,304 members, 7,947,456 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 08:09 PM

Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? (673 Views)

Nigerian Fans Meeting Ethiopian Fans In Addis Ababa Before The Match (Pictures) / Countdown To World Athletics Championship (for Nigerian Fans) / Stampede Caused By Nigerian Fans In South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by PurpleHouse(m): 7:46pm On Jan 10, 2014
Looking at the events that unfold during the debate for the AFOTY, i begin to wonder why We, Nigerians let one of us down. I realized why we've been backward for so long as a Nation: We Hate Ourselves!
The Award has come and gone, but the pain and feelings remains, the pain to see my fellow brethren turn their back on a man who has recently turned a new leaf, giving his All to Nigeria whenever he was wearing the National Colours! They called him Average. Mediocre. Useless. Sidepass/Backpass and lots of funny names.
But my question is this: Is this not the same Mikel many of you promised to give your mother to, as a wife after the Afcon?
Is this not the same Mikel that you couldn't stop singing his praise after the Afcon and Confedrations Cup in Brazil?
Is this not the same Mikel ALL of you called the Midfield General?
How then did he become so average all of a sudden?

I visit lots of forums of different Nations online, but only in Nigeria did i see how unpatriotic people could be to a fellow brother. No other country will talk down their Best Player currently, just so they could favour another, from a Rival Nation!

Mikel was Outstanding the past Year in Review, won two Trophies, outshined Yaya and co during the Afcon. What else do you all want? I got so angry this period, angry not with Caf anymore, but with my Clueless Empty Headed Fake Naija Fans. One moment a player is your Best, then the next day he's Average.
Throughout today, on facebook, sportsNews, online medias, everyone's been asking what Criteria Caf used to award the POTY to Yaya. Scoring goals? What then Happens to Afcon?
Should i call it betrayal?
Or backstabing? Or lack of patriotism?
Many Nigerians are just Fakes!
The World Cup i coming up, and i pray Mikel stays fit. Oooooh, thats when you'll realize how Special and important Mikel is in that team. We play cluelessly without him, (and recently Victor Moses).
I will be here, waiting to hear from you guys during our friendlies and the World Cup Proper. I'll be waiting for the Next Name you have for Mikel.
Nairaland!!!!! I Hail

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by abatically(m): 8:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
PurpleHouse: Looking at the events that unfold during the debate for the AFOTY, i begin to wonder why We, Nigerians let one of us down. I realized why we've been backward for so long as a Nation: We Hate Ourselves!
The Award has come and gone, but the pain and feelings remains, the pain to see my fellow brethren turn their back on a man who has recently turned a new leaf, giving his All to Nigeria whenever he was wearing the National Colours! They called him Average. Mediocre. Useless. Sidepass/Backpass and lots of funny names.
But my question is this: Is this not the same Mikel many of you promised to give your mother to, as a wife after the Afcon?
Is this not the same Mikel that you couldn't stop singing his praise after the Afcon and Confedrations Cup in Brazil?

I visit lots of forums of different Nations online, but only in Nigeria did i see how unpatriotic people could be to a fellow brother. No other country will talk down their Best Player currently, just so they could favour another, from a Rival Nation!

Mikel was Outstanding the past Year in Review, won two Trophies, outshined Yaya and co during the Afcon. What else do you all want? I got so angry this period, angry not with Caf anymore, but with my Clueless Empty Headed Fake Naija Fans. One moment a player is your Best, then the next day he's Average.
Throughout today, on facebook, sportsNews, online medias, everyone's been asking what Criteria Caf used to award the POTY to Yaya. Scoring goals? What then Happens to Afcon?
The World Cup i coming up, and i pray Mikel stays fit. Oooooh, thats when you'll realize how Special and important Mikel is in that team. We play cluelessly without him, (and recently Victor Moses).
I will be here, waiting to hear from you guys during our friendlies and the World Cup Proper. I'll be waiting for the Next Name you have for Mikel.
Nairaland!!!!! I Hail

Guy forget patriotism.. let's call a spade a spade. You can't say because someone is ur countryman then u run away from the truth.. This is the same thing that is killing this country.. corruption. Everyone knows yaya is a better player. If u conduct the vote in Nigeria among 100 people, 85 would probably choose mikel while 15 would choose Yaya. For the fact that Nigeria has 15% vote for Yaya is enough to know he is the deserved winner. if u go to Ivory coast all 100 will choose Yaya.. go to the rest of Africa and Yaya will get about 80% vote against Mikel. For the rest of the world, outside Africa 100 will vote Yaya. People don't come to stadium to watch a boring player like Mikel..but they will pay top dollars to watch Yaya
Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by babyboy3(m): 8:37pm On Jan 10, 2014
PurpleHouse: Looking at the events that unfold during the debate for the AFOTY, i begin to wonder why We, Nigerians let one of us down. I realized why we've been backward for so long as a Nation: We Hate Ourselves!

Nairaland!!!!! I Hail

I dont know why your making so much noise when only 2 people could vote out of 150,000,000 people! Those we could control, what happen to the rest is out of our hands!! On Brila FM this morning 95% of the callers said Yaya Toure deserves the award!
Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by abatically(m): 8:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
baby-boy:

I dont know why your making so much noise when only 2 people could vote out of 150,000,000 people! Those we could control, what happen to the rest is out of our hands!! On Brila FM this morning 95% of the callers said Yaya Toure deserves the award!

95% of the people can't be wrong. yaya deserve it
Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by Krasid(m): 9:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
I wanted Mikel to win, but I knew yaya would win because he deserved it.It's not about patriotism but about saying the truth.
Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by striker9(m): 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
@op,welcome to naija.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 10, 2014

Nairaland!!!!! I Hail

You make me cry. Thesame pple dat Jesus healed and thier children were among the pple that shouted "Crucify Him" . That is man for you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
From goal dot com.

In this instance, it is important for CAF to clarify the conditions of the voting. If the award is to recognise the most successful or most influential performer of the year, then Mikel should feel disappointed to have missed out and Nigerians can rightly cultivate the sense of injustice that they inevitably will.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4082/editorial/2014/01/10/4533194/yaya-toure-cafs-rightful-player-of-the-year

I just hope Mikel still has the passion to play for us.

Nigerians don't even know when their rights have been robbed. They celebrate with those who rob them. Yet some wonder why crooks run the Nation.
Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by striker9(m): 10:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
blueto: You make me cry. Thesame pple dat Jesus healed and thier children were among the pple that shouted "Crucify Him" . That is man for you
I tire o,some people even belittle Enyeama's individual achievements,whereas he's being hailed in France.I have been defending Mikel on so many threads,not because I'm biased but I see the good part of him rather than focus on the negative part.They said even mba is better than him,though I respect Mba for the two brilliant moments that got us the trophy,but he's not yet in Mikel level.You should by now understand Nigerians,you can NEVER satisfy them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:47pm On Jan 10, 2014
striker9: I tire o,some people even belittle Enyeama's individual achievements,whereas he's being hailed in France.I have been defending Mikel on so many threads,not because I'm biased but I see the good part of him rather than focus on the negative part.They said even mba is better than him,though I respect Mba for the two brilliant moments that got us the trophy,but he's not yet in Mikel level.You should by now understand Nigerians,you can NEVER satisfy them.
Super Eagles and the Golden Eaglets of 2013 don't need accolades to be heroes. They are National and African heroes. Thanks striker9.
Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by MrMac10(m): 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2014

Nairaland!!!!! I Hail

shut the Bleep up stop being stupidly patriotic yaya you're had a better season than Mikel u wan use afcon of only 6 matches compare to a season of 38 games men u crazy
Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
abatically:

95% of the people can't be wrong. yaya deserve it
If 95% of Nigerians were right, do you think Nigeria will be in this situation we are in?

Pat Utomi said, "Nigerians will not be fools forever". I hope they start changing.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Fans Betrayed Mikel? by thegoodjoehunt(m): 10:54pm On Jan 10, 2014
Mr Mac-10:
shut the Bleep up stop being stupidly patriotic yaya you're had a better season than Mikel u wan use afcon of only 6 matches compare to a season of 38 games men u crazy
Yaya had a very poor 2013. Explain how he had a better season than Mikel.

From goal dot com...

The Ivorian may not have been at his best over 2013 and he may not have lifted any silverware, but he remains Africa’s standout talent.

http://www.goal.com/en-ng/news/4082/editorial/2014/01/10/4533194/yaya-toure-cafs-rightful-player-of-the-year

(1) (Reply)

Nurse Fired For Filming Striker Neyma . / What Really Happened (brasil Vs Germany) / Download Video Highlights : Brazil 1-7 Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.