Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,890 members, 7,980,113 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 05:41 AM

David Moyes Charged With Misconduct Over Referee Comments By FA - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / David Moyes Charged With Misconduct Over Referee Comments By FA (436 Views)

Funny And Rude Comments By South-africans About Nigeria Ahead Wednsdys Showdown / Comments By The New NFF President On Stephen Keshi / Hatefull & Funny Comments By South-africans After Nigeria's Loss To Congo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

David Moyes Charged With Misconduct Over Referee Comments By FA by phiphis: 8:06pm On Jan 10, 2014
David Moyes charged with
misconduct over referee comments

LONDON (AFP) – Manchester United
manager David Moyes was charged with
misconduct by the Football Association on
Friday after criticising match officials after
his side’s defeat by Sunderland on Tuesday.
Moyes said United were “playing referees as
well as the opposition” following a 2-1
League Cup semi-final first leg reverse at
the Stadium of Light on Tuesday, his side’s
third defeat in a row in all competitions.
“Manchester United manager David Moyes
has been charged for misconduct by The FA
in relation to post-match media comments
he made following his side’s game against
Sunderland on Tuesday 7 January 2014,” an
FA statement said.
“It is alleged the comments called into
question the integrity of the match officials
appointed to that fixture and/or appointed
to Manchester United fixtures generally,
and/or implied that such match officials are
motivated by bias; and/or brought the
game into disrepute, in contravention of
Rule E3(1).”
Moyes has until 6pm local time (1800GMT)
on January 15 to respond to the charge.
The Scot questioned the awarding of a free-
kick that led to Sunderland’s opening goal
and a penalty, having already said it was
“scandalous” United were not awarded a
late penalty against Tottenham Hotspur at
Old Trafford.
“I feel we are having to play the opposition
and the referees. We are all just laughing at
them at the minute,” Moyes said Tuesday.
Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers was fined
£8,000 ($13,177) and warned as to his
conduct on Thursday after admitting a
similar charge.
Re: David Moyes Charged With Misconduct Over Referee Comments By FA by phiphis: 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
He thought he is sir Alex abi

front page pls
Re: David Moyes Charged With Misconduct Over Referee Comments By FA by mrdrizzy(m): 8:12pm On Jan 10, 2014
Useless coach!..am very sure its gonna be anoda 1-2 against swansea..always testing mic
Re: David Moyes Charged With Misconduct Over Referee Comments By FA by EMEzzy(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
Being a liverpool fan, i'd say i support brendan and moyes 100%.
The officiating in the premier league this season is just laughable and i'd support rodgers and moyes for saying its horrendous and scandalous respectively, we're just laughing at them at the moment its just shambolic, they fail to realise that just one wrong call e.g suarez and sterlings disallowed goals against hullcity and tottenham respectively, they dont realize that 1 point or a +1 goal diff can determine who wins the league and who finishes second, i'm just laughing hard at them really.

(1) (Reply)

Football Jerseys And Sport Accessories / African Top 16 Cup: Offiong Faces Suspension / Thread For BADMINGTON Players Only!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.