Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,324 members, 7,978,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 05:40 PM

What's Your Opinion About Siasia's Olympic Team? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What's Your Opinion About Siasia's Olympic Team? (702 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Your Opinion About The Super Eagle's Performance Against South Africa? / Nigerian Basketball Olympic Team? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Opinion About Siasia's Olympic Team? by Acheina: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2008
what's your opinion about siasia's olympic team?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: What's Your Opinion About Siasia's Olympic Team? by oniye: 12:48pm On Aug 11, 2008
DEFENCE: okonkwo's at the left full back performance is commendable, he has performed aboved expectation, however ade, looks somehow rusty in the right full back

MID FIELD: the defensive midfield has been rock solid with kaita, however the offensive is the main problem of the dream team. Also okonkwo operating from the right flank is rather too slugish and i feel thats the reasons why the right full is rather weak, odemwingie could fit into that role

ATTACK:peering anichebe and ogbuke could wreck any defence b'cos they're both quick and sharp at turning and they got pace
Re: What's Your Opinion About Siasia's Olympic Team? by Acheina: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2008
I guess i agree with your observation,Oniye.grin
Re: What's Your Opinion About Siasia's Olympic Team? by Jarus(m): 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2008
This is obviously not Nigeria's strongest under-23 team. Almost all other countries, especially Argentina,Brazil,Holland and CIV went to this tournament with their strongest team.
Our fullest team should have contained Uche,Mikel,and Taiwo. So their chance of winning Gold is slim, to me.

That said, the team has not performed too badly.Recall few people gave them chance of qualifying from that group pre-tournament, but even the tournament favourite,Holland, settled for the second place behind our boys. They were especially fantastic against USA and Japan and not bad against the highly rated Dutch.

We have too many attackers and no strong midfield. The defence has not been bad either. And GK Vanzekin needs to be careful.

Activities have really been more at the wings than any other department.

But one thing I'm confident about is that our attack-force can score against any team,even Argentina and Brazil. Ogbuke scored a wonderful goal against Argentina in 2005. Anichebe, Nsofor,Osaze are other players that can score at the biggest level.
Re: What's Your Opinion About Siasia's Olympic Team? by oniye: 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2008
well, i believe siasia boys have done well so far and they can improve, but, the positions that worries me are the right back and the offensive midfield. from my own perspective Adefemi (jersey no 13) is one of the biggest errors that is yet to be seen; he is shaky and most times indecisive. imagine him tackling a player like Lionel Messi, Ronaldinho,
I hope they improve
However Vanzekin needs to be called to order shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

Good Lesson For The Mikel Obi`s Of This World / Official 2010 World Cup Turmoil / Akide-udoh Keen On Falcons Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.