Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,141 members, 7,916,343 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:58 PM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (117307 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:05pm On Jul 06, 2010
[img]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs375.snc3/24045_1094440178296_1745333046_182036_6202194_n.jpg [/img]

1 It is good to give thanks to the LORD,
         And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High;
2 To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning,
         And Your faithfulness every night,
3 On an instrument of ten strings,
         On the lute,
         And on the harp,
         With harmonious sound.
4 For You, LORD, have made me glad through Your work;
         I will triumph in the works of Your hands.

Psalm 92
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by exago(m): 5:06pm On Jul 06, 2010
Bible Promises

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 7:7

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:47pm On Jul 06, 2010
O My Soul
July 6, 2010

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance."(Psalm 42:5)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:39pm On Jul 06, 2010
Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Right Attitude during Persecution

TEXT: ACTS 7:9-16

"And the patriarchs, moved with envy, sold Joseph into Egypt: but God was with him" (Acts 7:9).

Persecution is a common experience in the lives of all those who are living in righteousness and true holiness.  The Scripture says, "Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution" (2 Timothy 3:12).  This is not a promise but a revelation of fact to strengthen the faith of the brethren.  When Satan engineers persecution against followers of Christ, he does so in order to turn them away from the path of righteousness. Persecutions come in forms of  mockery, hatred, affliction, denial of rights, envy, beating and even death.

Stephen reminded the council that Joseph suffered persecution in the hands of his brethren as well as in the house of Potiphar.  Joseph was sold into slavery by his brethren because of their envy and jealousy against him. However, Joseph’s attitude in persecution is instructive. Though his brethren hated him, he surrendered himself to God as instrument for the preservation of the Jewish race at a time a terrible famine threatened their existence.

As true followers of Christ, our attitude during persecution is expected to be characterized by prayerfulness, love and forgiveness for our persecutors.  At such a time, we should totally depend on God because He has the power to preserve our lives. It is not a time for revenge, or of habouring hatred or malice but a time to show love that will conquer their hatred; forgiveness that will conquer their persecution; and joy that will overwhelm their sadness.

When persecuted, we are to "rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven" (Matthew 5:12).  That is the time to sing praises unto God and to trust in Him who know the many "afflictions of the righteous" and is able to "deliver him out of  them all" (Psalm 34:19).

Talk For Today:  "Your attitude determines your altitude . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by exago(m): 1:39pm On Jul 07, 2010
=========================== TODAY'S ARTICLE ==========================

A Visit to the Dentist, by Steve Ridgell

Preventative care. That’s what my dentist calls these every six month visits. They clean my teeth. Sometimes they take x-rays to look for problems. They remind me to floss. Then I write a check. I am always tempted to skip these visits. It is not like I refuse to go to the dentist. If I get a toothache, or have a problem, I would be there as soon as I could. He reminds me that if I keep doing preventative care, I won’t have to come see him because something is wrong. Take care of things now and avoid the major work later.

It makes sense and the smart thing to do is to follow his advice. In fact, you would think I don’t value my teeth if I neglected them until I had a problem. So why not apply that same principle to our relationship with God? Why neglect the everyday care of that relationship, but quickly ask God for help when life gets difficult.
Maybe regular attention to what God says would prevent major problems in my life. And if I talked to God on a daily basis I would be more equipped to face life’s problems.

I wonder how God feels when I neglect to regularly put attention on my relationship with Him. God does not desire our relationship with Him to only be about crisis management. He wants us in a relationship that includes regular care and maintenance. He is certainly capable of handling the crisis in my life. He has proved that. But that is not the extent of our connection.

I like my teeth so I will keep up my daily brushing and flossing. I will continue my regular dental check-ups. I’ll be healthier and happier for it. And I am going to give daily attention to my relationship with God. I’ll be healthier and happier for it … both now and forever.

If you want to know more about being in a relationship with God, write me at steve@hopeforlife.org. Or join the blog discussion at www.hopeforlife.org.

Is God more important to you than your teeth?
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:40pm On Jul 07, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010

God does not Forget

TEXT: ACTS 7:17-35

"I have seen, I have seen the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I have heard their groaning, and am come down to deliver them. And now come, I will send thee into Egypt" (Acts 7:34).

Talk For Today: "Wait, I say, on the Lord . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by pat4: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
This is so wonderfull, the word says,you shall know the truth and the truth shall make you FREE, you have said it all,there is no way we can reache or,communicate with our creator without his word.
May God blee you all,
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 7:51pm On Jul 07, 2010
  Children of the King

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Who has
     blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing
     in Christ." -- Ephesians 1:3

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people He chose
    for His inheritance." -- Psalm 33:12

My beloved ones, I love you with a tenderness unknown to man, and I
carry you in that love all day long. I have chosen you, to bestow My
mercies on you, to show you My faithfulness. You are always on My mind,
and I am closer to you than the air you breathe.

Many times you doubt My care for you because of the trials you face.
But I did not create these trials, nor did I turn My back on you at
any time. Often you confuse My love with your blessing, and believe
that My love is dependent on My blessing. But My blessings come in
many ways, ways you do not always understand or see. Rest in My love,
believe in My faithfulness and trust Me for what you do not have. For
I will surely give you that which I have ordained for you: life and
peace, and I will add much more besides.

You are blessed, My children, for you are the children of the King.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Trinity33(m): 9:20am On Jul 08, 2010
im in a romatic relationshipb with jesus ;d
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:25am On Jul 08, 2010
Hold Your Tongue

Proverbs 29: 11 The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression.

I tell you truly, beloved, that it is wise to hold your tongue.
It is wise to not speak in a situation of strife.
For in holding your tongue, you will display wisdom.
But speaking out in anger will solve nothing and bring sadness to a heart.
In speaking out in stressful situations, one will come into a place of ill will.
Do not take offense and speak words of cruelty and hurt.
Hold you tongue.

Hold your tongue in these situations, and you will find peace and tranquility of heart.
Yes, you will certainly find the peace that passes understanding, and know a tranquility that only a show of patience and understanding will bring.

I tell you truly, beloved, that I take delight in one who holds his tongue.
I take delight in a display of patience.
Know that this delight will bless the one who shows himself to be true to My cause.
And what is My cause?
My cause is to display love, showing forth the heart of your heavenly Father.
That is My cause.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Jul 08, 2010
Olori oko (with subtitled lyrics) -- Infinity

[flash=500,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JTWef3HFPpI&hl=en_GB&fs=1[/flash]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2010
Prayer for my Brother and Sister:

Our loving heavenly Father

Every moment of my life help me to place myself in Your altar as a living sacrifice.
May I always die to ‘self’ and live to fulfill Your will in my life. You are my everything and You are my all.
I prostrate at Your feet and thank You from the bottom of my heart for all Your goodness, mercy,
kindness, favour and every form of blessings I have received thus far and I am going to receive in future.
Help me to walk always guided by the instruction given by the Holy Spirit and not follow the instructions of the carnal mind.
On this day bless all my efforts and make me happy.

In the matchless name of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ I pray.

Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:11am On Jul 09, 2010
The God Who Provides

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost."(Romans 15:13)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:18am On Jul 09, 2010
The Light of the Word
July 8, 2010

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."(Psalm 119:105)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:49am On Jul 09, 2010
The Lord and King Cyrus
July 9, 2010

"That saith of Cyrus, He is my shepherd, and shall perform all my pleasure: even saying to Jerusalem, Thou shalt be built; and to the temple, Thy foundation shall be laid."(Isaiah 44:28)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by shumno(f): 9:57am On Jul 09, 2010
Awesome God, Mighty God, we give You praise, AWESOME GOD!!!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:54am On Jul 09, 2010
Matter of the Heart

TEXT: ACTS 7:36-53

"Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye" (Acts 7:51).

Talk For Today: "The matter of the heart is the heart of the matter . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:59am On Jul 09, 2010
Effect of the Gospel
Friday, July 9, 2010

TEXT: ACTS 7:54-60

"Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their ears, and ran upon him with one accord" (Acts 7:57).

Talk For Today:  "God’s grace is enough to keep His people in the fire of persecution . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Jul 09, 2010
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:36pm On Jul 10, 2010
Accept Your Limits

"You have,  [circled] this mountain long enough; turn,  " - Deuteronomy 2:3 NKJV
Do you live overloaded and overwhelmed?
Like a driver who's lost his way,
instead of stopping to ask for direction you increase your speed until you run out of fuel and end up on the side of the road.
We quote the promise: 'I can do everything through him who gives me strength' (Philippians 4:13 NIV).
But God doesn't promise we can do everything we want to do, or everything people expect us to do, or everything others do.
God will only give us grace to do what He calls us to do.
Isaiah writes: 'Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall,
but those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength, ' (Isaiah 40:30-31 NKJV).
Few things humble us like failure.

God will let us circle the same mountain over and over until the scenery becomes so familiar that we're forced to stop and ask for direction-especially when we know in our heart that we're not where God wants us to be.
In Let Your Life Speak, Parker Palmer writes: 'I was raised in a culture that insisted I could do anything;
that I was without limits, given enough energy and commitment on my part;
that God made things that way, and all I had to do was get with the program.
My troubles began when I started to slam into my limitations,  in the form of failure.
' What's your most painful limitation?
The one you won't admit?
The one you don't want anybody to see?
Acknowledge it.
Seek honest feedback.
Ask for God's help in accepting the limits He's placed on you for your own protection
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:25am On Jul 11, 2010
Opportunity in Adversity
Saturday, July 10, 2010

TEXT: ACTS 8:1-8

"Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them" (Acts 8:5).

Talk For Today: "There are opportunities in adversity . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:36am On Jul 11, 2010
Exceeding Greatness
July 10, 2010

"And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power."(Ephesians 1:19)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by etinyin(m): 7:27pm On Jul 11, 2010
Today is a gud day,a day dat d lord has made.

I want to encourage somebody,someone who is waiting on God to make some things happen and it seems like heaven is silent,I have a word for u.

God is not through wit your case,d trials dat u've faced does not mark d end of u,there's hope 4 u in God.

"I've faced so many tests in dis my short live u  say" but allow me ask u a question;

Is it not wen u want to go to a new class/level,gain admission to a new skool etc. dat u do a test?

simple,if u're facing so many tests don't be distracted,focus on passing d tests coz it only indicates dat your promotions are multi-level.

Best of luck in your test. @ least now u understand. Cheers!

Be Encouraged!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:20pm On Jul 12, 2010
The Trinity in the Old Testament
July 12, 2010

"Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me."(Isaiah 48:16)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:56pm On Jul 12, 2010
Your Lord Speaks :

Seek My Face   

Seek My face, not My hand alone.

I will indeed make My countenance to shine upon you.

My glory will surround you - the atmosphere of Heaven.

Your heart will overflow with joy in My presence.

I will feed you from My table.

Delight your soul in Me.

I am near.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:42pm On Jul 12, 2010
Equal Opportunities
Monday, July 12, 2010

TEXT: ACTS 8:26-40

"And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him" (Acts 8:31).

Talk For Today: "God’s provision is sufficient for all". . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:52am On Jul 13, 2010
Importance of Faith
Tuesday, July 13, 2010

TEXT: HEBREWS 11:1-6

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Talk For Today: "Development of faith should be a priority for Christian pilgrims . . ."

For More . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:58am On Jul 13, 2010
Resurrection in the Old Testament
July 13, 2010

"Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead."(Isaiah 26:19)

For more . . . .
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by paddyman(m): 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2010
Create a Christian fellowship center in your place or church, visit this blog housefellowshipcenter dot dot com
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by Morlight(f): 9:52pm On Jul 13, 2010
Hello Readers, it's my pleasure sharing this vital info with you today.

Have you ever wondered why increasingly more couples in this age are
having challenges conceiving biological children of their own? Or why many more women suffer Miscarriages and some diagnosed with Fibroid Tumors and all kinds of diseases in their womb that prevent conception? Or is it even the thought of why many more women experience complications in delivery such that it is now becoming a fashionable thing for women to go through the knife or scissors to deliver their babies(I mean by caesarian operation), while some even die during childbirth? Meanwhile, all these things were not so rampant in the 80s, and not until in recent times did statistics showed that the problem of infertility has risen by over 500% in the last two decades and the question has been "WHAT CHANGED"?

Dear readers, I've got goodnews for you. The answers lies in a newly
released book titled 'THE BLESSING OF SARAH:GOD'S CLEVER WAY TO OVERCOMING BARRENNESS, FIBROID TUMORS, MISCARRIAGES AND COMPLICATIONS IN DELIVERY" because really, in the beginning some things were not so intended about the woman.

A few at home and abroad who have read this book says,'it is a must-read for all potential couples, expecting couples, pregnant women, young ladies and even for all men who love their wife'. Now available in Nigeria at Laterna Ventures, Dominion Bookstore, Family First and all other leading bookstore nationwide. Betterstill, if you call us on 07027654643 or email:info@theblessingofsarah.com, we could bring the book to your doorstep, wherever you are. For purchase in Europe, America, Asia and others, please visit amazon.com or www.theblessingofsarah.com and click on the link (BUY THE BOOK) for the nearest bookstore to your country of residence. A free online preview of the book is also available on this website for your perusal. God is set to reverse the trend of evil occurrences happening to women through this powerful and timely book and He is undoubtedly counting on YOU to spread this goodnews to AS MANY WOMEN on your mailing list, so they can start enjoying the blessings of Sarah,notwithstanding their prevailing limitations in childbearing.

Thanks for your anticipated co-operation, may you acquire living beings
from the Lord above all things on earth (Amen)!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:18am On Jul 14, 2010
SEEK ME FIRST.

" Seek Me First" My children are always on My Heart My child.
There isn't a second of the day that goes by that I am not thinking of My children who I adore.
I am missing the intimacy with so many of My children.
They are so caught up in the world and materialistic things.
They have taken their eyes off of Me their True Source.
So many are struggling financially, getting caught up in "Recessions and Depressions."
There is no "Depression" going on in My Kingdom nor will there ever be.
No matter what goes on in the earth, I can always pour you out a blessing that you can't contain.
(Matt.6:33) But you must seek Me first and My Kingdom and My Righteousness and all these other things will be added onto you.
Don't think so small.
Don't put Me in a box.
Think BIG!!! Have big heart's desires and dreams for yourselves and others.
Let Me pour you out a blessing, so in turn you can be a blessing to many others.
I am your Abba Father Daddy God.
I own everything.
(Ps. 50:10) I own the cattle on a thousand hills.
Is there anything impossible for Me? (Luke 1:37).
The only thing I can't do, is, I can't lie.
Whatever I speak out of My mouth is Truth!
I am your Absolute Truth!
Time is short and fleeting and there is much work that needs to be done.
Let's get down to business and start working together.
Many peoples' lives depend upon it says the Lord your God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2010
The Good Seed
July 14, 2010

"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God."(Luke 8:11)

For more . . . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (115)

MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.