Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,425 members, 7,944,115 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship - Religion (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (117664 Views)

Nairaland Christian Singles Thread (no Holds Barred) / I Will Be A Nairaland Christian For The Next 36hours / Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship (Season 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (115) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:56am On Aug 09, 2009
God Gave Them Up
August 9, 2009

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient." (Romans 1:28)

This is a terrifying verse, climaxing the awful indictment (in Romans 1:18-32) of God against a world in rebellion against its maker. This burning passage begins with Paul's declaration that God's wrath has been revealed against all those who "hold the truth"--[/i]or, more explicitly, [i]"hold down or suppress the truth" in unrighteousness.

Then, in a rising crescendo of testimonies of wickedness and resulting condemnation, one fearful clause appears no less than three times: "Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts. . . . For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections. . . . God gave them over to a reprobate mind" (vv. 24, 26, 28).

As terrible as such judgments seem, the provocations were infinitely worse. They "changed the glory of the uncorruptible God" into idols depicting His creatures (v. 23). They "changed the truth of God into a lie" and rejected Him as Creator (v. 25). They subjected Him to critical philosophical scrutiny, and chose not "to retain God in their knowledge" at all (implied in the Greek "did not like"wink (v. 28). Thus it was that our God of all grace finally had to give them up!

But the frightening thing is that this dark scene describes more than ancient paganism. Every verse is also a precise indictment of this present, evil "post-Christian" world, as we almost seem to be reading therein a documentary of the present age. What a picture it draws of modern evolutionary humanism in practice!

Yet the apostle Paul was still preparing to go to Rome, "not ashamed of the gospel of Christ," for that gospel was then--and still is[i]--"the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth"[/i] (Romans 1:16). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2009
JUDGMENT BEGINS AT HOME!

The Lord our God is preparing His forces to take back that which satan is trying to rob and extinguish, God’s eternal light, faith, power, and the work of God’s children on earth. It is only through faith, trust, and the anointing of God’s power that we can overcome the insurmountable events shaping this world into the image of anti-christ. God’s earthly glory and power are resident in His God-directed work and love for His children.  God’s power and gifts for service are given to us as we seek His will and purpose in our lives. The Holy Spirit’s power is wasted on a vessel devoid of a desire or intention to serve God in His earthly work.  We pray for His kingdom to come and His work to be done on earth as it is in heaven.  We have to open the door of our hearts and apply ourselves in faith and love for that work to be done through us. Our desire to be filled with the Holy Spirit and our love for God largely determine the amount of power that works in us.  Ephesians 3:20  “Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.”

As His people we can be corrupted by the lust of our eyes and by following the desires of our heart instead of the call and desires of Christ.  Are we taking God’s mercy and goodness for granted? Do we really think that God does not require us to complete His work on the earth?  You might say you have no talent, but God’s work is accomplished through us by His Spirit.  We are to be emptied of self and filled with God’s Spirit. Romans 8:9 “But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.” 

I believe we are seeing and experiencing for the first time on a “world scale” God’s prophetic declaration:  1 Peter 4:17 “For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the Gospel of God? 18 Now if the righteous one is scarcely saved, where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?" God is giving all of us His “wake-up” call so that we will be praying, watching and waiting for His return.

To belong fully to Christ we must not give ourselves to the desires of our flesh. The world has nothing to offer that can compare to being a “child of the king” and receiving from Him the life He has prepared and ordained for us before we were even born. Experiencing God daily in our lives, knowing we live under divine protection by fully following Him, and reaching heights we could never reach on our own, makes our lives “exceedingly, abundantly above all we can ask or think.”  God opens for us a realm of possibilities attainable only through Him. Matthew 19:26 “But Jesus looked at them and said to them, ‘With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.’” There are benefits given to the children of God that the world will never know or experience.

We live and raise our families in the world, but we must be God-directed in everything to be a blessing to our families and the world.  We are a spiritual light on the pathway of life, and we receive that light as we follow “Jesus Christ who is that light.”   2 Corinthians 6:16 “And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: ‘I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people.’  17 Therefore ‘Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you.”

As confessing Christians, it is time to seek honesty and ask ourselves whether we are actively building the eternal “kingdom of God” or enlarging satan’s earthly kingdom and hell. Ephesians 2:4 “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), 6 and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, 7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.”

There is nothing standing in the way of Christ’s return for His children. Those who are
ready should be joyfully awaiting His return.  While we await His return, we prove our
love for Him by keeping His commandments.  We do Christ’s earthly work through the
words of our testimony and doing the works given to us by Christ. Jesus Christ came to
finish His Father’s earthly work and to do His will. Our lives should become “all about
Christ and our heavenly Father” and not about us.  We are created in His image and God
desires us to finish Christ’s work before He returns for His own.  Psalms 40:8 “I
delight to do Your will, O my God, and Your law is within my  heart. 9 I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness in the great congregation; indeed, I do not restrain my lips, O  LORD, You Yourself know. 10  I have not hidden Your
righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your loving-kindness and Your truth from the great congregation.”   

While we await Christ’s return we are to set ourselves apart from sin to holiness. Our Lord plainly expresses His will regarding our preparation for His return. 1 Thessalonians 4:3  “For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality; 4  that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor, 5  not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God; 6 that no one should take advantage of and defraud his brother in this matter, because the Lord is the avenger of all such, as we also forewarned you and testified. 7 For God did not call us to uncleanness, but in holiness. 8 Therefore he who rejects this does not reject man, but God, who has also given us His Holy Spirit.
We are not going to wrestle with satan under the cover of his darkness anymore.  God is going to give us light, and satan will be exposed for who he is (the source of all evil).  I believe with all my heart that in this hour, as we call on God, He is going to lift up an unprecedented standard of His Holy Spirit against evil.  We can win this battle to overcome the world and its evil through the mighty power of prayer and the power that dwells within us. Those who put on the whole armor of God will receive greater power.  We will not have our prayers hindered by lack of discernment of satan’s goals and methods, but God will supply the truth and light we need to pray effectively against satan’s principalities and powers.  Satan’s darkness will become “God-given” light before us, and we will be able to see his strongholds and methods. God will tell us how to pray and speak to defeat him. Ephesians 1:18  “The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19  and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.”

God tells us to put on the whole armor of God that we may be able to withstand satan in that evil day. The evil day we have dreaded is upon us.  Finally, we will take our stand against our enemy and be anointed to overcome him. We are called to be overcomers.  We have read the end of God’s revelation about satan and we know he will spend eternity in hell with all his subjects.  Satan is not a winner but a loser, and his punishment will be unending. We will overcome all evil because there is no one greater than our Lord and savior. 1 John 4:4 “You are of God, little children, and have overcome them (THE SPIRIT OF ANTICHRIST), because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.”

This is the time to “arise” from our lethargy. We are to put on the whole armor of God and “fight and overcome” the enemy of all righteousness and goodness, the destroyer of souls, and the robber of all truth.  We will not be destroyed but live to rule with Christ! Do not fear those things that you will see only with your eyes. Psalms 91:7 “A thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. 8 Only with your eyes shall you look, and see the reward of the wicked.” Psalms 91:14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him on high, because he has known My name. 15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him.  16 With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.”

My prayer:  Your word, oh Lord, is truth and it never fails or returns void.  I know You and Your great love for Your children. This is a time of unprecedented tragedy and sorrow for many, but I look unto You for You are the beginning and ending of our salvation.  I pray for those who are fearful and being attacked by satan. Increase their faith and trust in You.  Pour Your truth and faith into their hearts.  Strengthen them as I pray.  You use evil for good, and so I ask that goodness, blessings, and divine protection will flow upon Your children from everything that satan has meant for evil. Use this time of sorrow to show Your children everywhere Your power, unfailing love, and protection.  May Your children be mobilized into a mighty force for good.  Scatter our enemies through Your presence and our faith.  Let everything satan has meant for evil work for the good of all Your children.  Anoint us to overcome all evil and prevail against our enemies. May our love for You grow into a mighty force for good.  Isaiah 12:1 “And in that day you will say: ‘O LORD, I will praise You; though You were angry with me, Your anger is turned away, and You comfort me. 2 Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; for YAH, the LORD is my strength and my song; He also has become my salvation.'" 3 Therefore with joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.  AMEN.             

In Christ’s love,
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by trekkie: 11:13pm On Aug 09, 2009
@daviddylan
hope others take to the idea. will be checking in sha
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by sosisi(f): 11:22pm On Aug 09, 2009
Deut 7 (Abraham's blessings are yours)

12 "If you listen to these regulations and obey them faithfully, the LORD your God will keep his covenant of unfailing love with you, as he solemnly promised your ancestors.

13 He will love you and bless you and make you into a great nation. He will give you many children and give fertility to your land and your animals. When you arrive in the land he swore to give your ancestors, you will have large crops of grain, grapes, and olives, and great herds of cattle, sheep, and goats.

14 You will be blessed above all the nations of the earth. None of your men or women will be childless, and all your livestock will bear young.

15 And the LORD will protect you from all sickness. He will not let you suffer from the terrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will bring them all on your enemies!

[size=28pt]Somebody shout Amen![/size]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08am On Aug 10, 2009
$osisi:

Deut 7 (Abraham's blessings are yours)

12 "If you listen to these regulations and obey them faithfully, the LORD your God will keep his covenant of unfailing love with you, as he solemnly promised your ancestors.

13 He will love you and bless you and make you into a great nation. He will give you many children and give fertility to your land and your animals. When you arrive in the land he swore to give your ancestors, you will have large crops of grain, grapes, and olives, and great herds of cattle, sheep, and goats.

14 You will be blessed above all the nations of the earth. None of your men or women will be childless, and all your livestock will bear young.

15 And the LORD will protect you from all sickness. He will not let you suffer from the terrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will bring them all on your enemies!

[size=28pt]Somebody shout Amen![/size]

Amen, Halleluyah!!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:09am On Aug 10, 2009
Jewels
August 10, 2009

"Then they that feared the LORD spake often one to another: and the LORD hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the LORD, and that thought upon his nameAnd they shall be mine, saith the LORD of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him." (Malachi 3:16-17)

This precious promise occurs at the end of the Old Testament, a time of wholesale apostasy on the part of the people of Israel. But there was a believing remnant.  Today, Christians again are in a minority (as always), and it does us well to study the former situations, paying attention to the nature of the remnant as well as God's response to them.

Notice first the attitude of these believers toward God. We see that they "feared" God when they "thought upon his name."  Who could help but do the same as the work and character of God are pondered?  Further, a proper attitude and walk with God lead to true fellowship. They "spake often one to another."  Too often it seems that mere friendship replaces true Christian fellowship as entertainment of guests replaces true hospitality.  Human relationships can never attain the fullness possible unless they centre around the Lord.

Next, note God's response to the dear saints in our text.  He hearkens and hears, evidently paying special attention to the attitudes ("feared the LORD"wink and the words ("spake"wink of the saints.  Then He registers their history in a special "book of remembrance." We will all give an account one day, but we may be assured that the good will be remembered, for it is in God's special book of remembrance.

Likewise, we are assured of salvation: "They shall be mine," He says.  We will be spared while others are being judged.  The mighty Lord of hosts holds us as dear to Him as "jewels." JDM

http://www.icr.org/article/4717/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:40am On Aug 10, 2009
GOD SAID: “Many of My people are in bondage thinking (falsely) that they are failing Me. They pray, read My word, etc. yet, as the years roll on, discouragement rears its head, then guilt and shame become more than acquaintances, not to mention the harassment of the devil’s condemnation. I have some powerful keys for My sheep to avoid this snare:

GOD SAID: “INSTEAD OF THINKING YOU ARE FAILING, DWELL ON HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU “

“This is a truth that must be grasped by all of my children or they will never be able to truly be free. It saddens Me that many of my children say, ‘God loves me’ but haven’t truly accepted it. When you know you are loved by Me, there is a great freedom, a joy and a sense of ‘No matter what happens to me, I will be OK.’ My Son did not say the truth will set you free. He said, ‘You will know the truth and the truth will set you free’ (John 8:32). You are greatly loved, more so than you could ever comprehend. Each of My children will enter their mansion (John 14:2) accepted in the beloved (Ephesians 1:6). I have received you as a son/daughter, period. Stop looking at your imperfections and study My word to see how much I love you (Romans 8: 35-39). I think of you affectionately every day.”
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 4:27pm On Aug 10, 2009
New Wine Skins

God spoke to me this morning telling me that we can not put new wine
into old wine skins: the substance of who we are now can not be
contained or maintained if we try to go back to our old habits or
mindsets. We are new creatures. Old things are past and all things
are become new.

We must live as the new vessels the potter has created us to be;
vessels created to carry and pour out the oil of gladness; lamps to
bring light of hope; containers to bring salt of the goodness of the
Lord that men may taste and see; that men may hope and desire the
good things of the Lord which will bring gladness into their lives
just as they see in us.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:06pm On Aug 10, 2009
The great Babylon of world commerce and religion based on greed and wanton pleasure seeking must come down and may have now already begun to fall.

Rev 18:2: And he cried mightily with a loud voice, saying, "Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird!

Rev 18:4: And I heard another voice from heaven saying, "Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues.

Rev 18:8: "Therefore her plagues will come in one day; death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges her.

Rev 18:10: "standing at a distance for fear of her torment, saying, 'Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! For in one hour your judgment has come.'

Rev 18:11: "And the merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her, for no one buys their merchandise anymore:

The glorious heavenly city of New Jerusalem must come forth to rule the earth with the ways of heaven and pure worship based on love, righteousness, peace, and joy.

Rev 21:2-4: Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away."

The power of Christ has come in holy people (mature sons) of God to cast down the works of the enemy and overcome him. In Christ there is power over all the power of the enemy. Let the mighty army of Christ in His people arise in the power of His love. Let the whole earth rejoice; our great salvation has come and the kingdom of our God has come in the power of His Christ. Glory to God! Amen.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:09am On Aug 11, 2009
Decide

This is a day of decision for many of My own. I am a God Who is the
same yesterday, today and forever. My promises are Yes and Amen!
But many of My people need to change.

Yes, I am calling My people to change. I am calling to those who are
hiding in the shadows of others and not rising up to your calling.
Come Forth! I am saying "Come Forth!" to those who hold back because
of fear of man. And those of you who allow anger, bitterness,
unforgiveness and condemnation to keep them from advancing, I say
to you, "Let it go and come forth!".

What you decide today will determine your tomorrow.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 3:29pm On Aug 11, 2009
100 Truths About Jesus

100 Truths About Jesus
Jesus came to die and destroy Satan's power - Heb. 2:14
Jesus came to fulfill the Law and the Prophets - Matt. 5:17
Jesus came to give life - John 10:10,28
Jesus came to taste death for everyone - Heb. 2:9
Jesus came to proclaim freedom for believers - Luke 4:18
Jesus claimed to be God - John 8:24; 8:56-59 (see Exodus 3:14);10:30-33
Jesus created all things - John 1:3; Col. 1:15-17
Jesus is before all things - Col. 1:17
Jesus is eternal - John 1:1,14;8:5 8
Jesus is honored the same as the Father - John 5:23
Jesus is prayed to - Acts 7:54-60
Jesus is worshipped - Matt. 2:2,8,11;14:33;28:9,17 John 9:35-37
Jesus is called God - John 1:1,14;20:28 Col. 2:9 Tit. 2:13
Jesus is omnipresent - Matt 28:20
Jesus is with us always - Matt. 28:20
Jesus is our only mediator between God and ourselves - 1 Tim 2:5
Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant - Heb. 7:22;8:6
Jesus said, "I AM the Bread of Life" - John 6:35,41,48,51
Jesus said, "I A M the Door" - John 10:7,9
Jesus said, "I AM the Good Shepherd" - John 10:11,14
Jesus said, "I AM the Way the Truth and The Life" - John 14:6
Jesus said, "I AM the Light of the world" - John 8:12;9:5;12:46; Luke
2:32 Jesus said, "I AM the True Vine" - John 15:1;15:5
Jesus said, "I AM the Resurrection and the Life" - John 11:25
Jesus said, "I AM the First and the Last" - Rev 1:17;2:8;22:13
Jesus always lives to make intercession for us - Heb. 7:25
Jesus cleanses from sin - 1 John 1 :9 -
Jesus discloses Himself to us - John 14:21
Jesus draws all men to Himself - John 12:32
Jesus forgives sins - Luke 5:20;7:48
Jesus gives eternal life - John 10:28;5:40
Jesus gives joy - John 15:11
Jesus gives peace - John 14:27
Jesus has authority - Matt. 28:18; John 5:26-27;17:2;3:35
Jesus judges - John 5:22,27
Jesus knows all men - John 16:30
Jesus opens the mind to understand scripture - Luke 24:45
Jesus received honor and glory from the Father - 2 Pet 1:17
Jesus r esurrects - John 5:39;11:25-26;6:40,44,54
Jesus reveals grace and truth - John 1:17 see John 6:45
Jesus reveals the Father - Matt. 11:27 Luke 10:22
Jesus saves forever - Matt 18:11 John 10:28 Heb. 7:25
Jesus bears witness of Himself - John 8:18;14:6
Jesus' works bear witness of Himself - John 5:36;10:25
The Father bears witness of Jesus - John 5:37;8:18; 1 John 5:9
The Holy Spirit bears witness of Jesus - John 15:26
The multitudes bear witness of Jesus - John 12:17
The Prophets be ar witness of Jesus - Acts 10:43
The Scriptures bear witness of Jesus - John 5:39
The Father will honor us if we serve Jesus - John 12:26 see Col. 3:24
The Father wants us to fellowship with Jesus - I Cor 1:9
The Father tells us to listen to Jesus - Luke 9:35; Matt. 17:5
The Father tells us to come to Jesus - John 6:45
The Father draws us to Jesus - John 6:44
Everyone who's heard & learned from the Father comes to Jesus - John 6:45
The Law leads us to Christ - Gal. 3:24
Je sus is the Rock - 1 Cor. 10:4
Jesus is the Savior - John 4:42 1 John 4:14 Jesus is King - Matt. 2:1-6 Luke
23:3

In Jesus are the treasures of wisdom and knowledge - Col. 2:2-3
In Jesus we have been made completeCol. 2:10
Jesus indwells us - Col. 1:27
Jesus sanctifies - Heb. 2:11
Jesus loves - Eph. 5:25
We come to Jesus - John 5:40;7:37;6:35,37,45,65
We sin against Jesus - 1 Cor 8:12
We receive Jesus - John 1:12 Col. 2:6
Jesus makes many righteous - Rom 5:19
Jesus is the i mage of the invisible God - Heb. 1:3
Jesus sends the Holy Spirit - John 15:26
Jesus abides forever - Heb. 7:24
Jesus offered up Himself - Heb7:27;9:14
Jesus offered one sacrifice for sins for all time - Heb. 10:12
The Son of God has given us understanding - 1 John 5:20
Jesus is the author and perfecter of our faith - Heb. 12:2
Jesus is the Apostle and High Priest of our confession - Heb. 1:3
The Son of God has given us understanding - 1 John 5:20
Jesus cleanses us from our sins by His blood - Rev. 1:5; Rom. 5:9
Jesus is the Light of the world - John 9:5
Jesus has explained the Father - John 1:18
Jesus was crucified because of weakness - 2 Cor. 13:4
Jesus has overcome the world - John 16:33
Truth is in Jesus - Eph. 4:21
The fruit of righteousness comes through Jesus Christ - Phil. 1:11
Jesus delivers us from the wrath to come - 1 Thess 1:10
Disciples bear witness of Jesus Christ - John 15:27
Jesus died and rose again - 1 Thess. 4:14
The Christian dead ha ve fallen asleep in Jesus - 1 Thess. 4:15
Jesus died for us - 1 Thess. 5:10
Jesus tasted death for everyone - Heb. 2:9
Jesus rendered the devil powerless - Heb. 2:14
Jesus is able to save completely - Heb. 7:25
Jesus was a ransom for many and to serve - Matt. 20:28
Jesus came to be a priest - Heb. 2:17
Jesus came to save - John 3:17; Luke 19:10
Jesus came to preach the kingdom of God - Luke 4:43
Jesus came to bring division - Luke 12:51
Jesus came to do the will of the Father - John 6:38
Jesus came to give the Father's words - John 17:8
Jesus came to testify to the truth - John 18:37
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:11pm On Aug 11, 2009
Ministry of the Holy Spirit
August 11, 2009

"God . . . hath also given unto us his holy Spirit." (1 Thessalonians 4:cool

Every believer has some awareness of the presence of the Holy Spirit. Indeed, if there is no such awareness, then there is absolutely no relationship with God (Romans 8:9). Just what, then, is the ministry of God's Holy Spirit in our lives?

All who have come to God by faith have felt the conviction of the Holy Spirit prior to salvation. From the world's perspective, that constitutes His ministry. The Holy Spirit is commissioned by Jesus Christ to "reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment" (John 16:cool. Acting as God the Father's operative Agent, the Holy Spirit draws us into a personal consciousness of our sin, Christ's righteousness, and the absolute certainty of judgment to come.

This reproof has but one goal: to bring about regeneration (Titus 3:5) and give us witness that we are the children of God (Romans 8:16). What is born from above (John 3:3) is nothing less than a "new creature" by the Triune Godhead (2 Corinthians 5:17), created like God in "righteousness and true holiness" (Ephesians 4:24). The Holy Spirit energizes our "dead" spirit, and causes us to "live" (1 Peter 4:6).

And that is just the beginning! Once regenerated, the Holy Spirit sees to it, as the "Spirit of truth" (John 16:13), that we are led (Romans 8:14) into truth--because the Holy Spirit will not invent information, but will take truth directly from the mind and heart of God.

With that leading, we are sanctified (both positionally and progressively), having been chosen to salvation (2 Thessalonians 2:13). With the Holy Spirit's power (Acts 1:cool, we can exhibit His fruit (Galatians 5:22-23) and come under His filling (Ephesians 5:18). May the glorious ministry of the Holy Spirit be yours both as promised and in practice. HMM III
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by frdolaclub(m): 12:11am On Aug 12, 2009
Its really nice to have a Christian platform to share the faith. Nice to be here.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:01am On Aug 12, 2009
The End of the Journey

For each of us and collectively all of us, the end of the journey is fully becoming the Bride of Christ pictured as the New Jerusalem of God and ruling and reigning with Him in a renewed world transformed by His love, wisdom, and power.

Rev 21:9-10: Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls filled with the seven last plagues came to me and talked with me, saying, "Come, I will show you the bride, the Lamb's wife." And he carried me away in the Spirit to a great and high mountain, and showed me the great city, the holy Jerusalem,

Rev 21:2-5: Then I, John, saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. "And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away." Then He who sat on the throne said, "Behold, I make all things new." And He said to me, "Write, for these words are true and faithful."

On a broader, worldwide scale beyond the journey of the highway of holiness people, the transition of the world will be catastrophic and cataclysmic as the pride and loftiness of man and all that lifts itself against God will be dissolved by fire and the land resettled by the holy, pure Bride of Christ people ruling and reigning with Christ. And of His kingdom there shall be no end.

Mat 13:41-43: "The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and those who practice lawlessness, and will cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth. Then the righteous will shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears to hear, let him hear!”

Isa 9:7: Of the increase of His government and peace There will be no end, Upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, To order it and establish it with judgment and justice From that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Keep on pursuing love. It never fails
and His kingdom never ends.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:17pm On Aug 12, 2009
Growing in Faith
August 12, 2009

"These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them." (Hebrews 11:13)

All believers should hold fast the profession of their faith without wavering. A believer faces many challenges, but two seem particularly difficult to handle. First, our eternal destination cannot be seen with our physical eyes. Without something material to see or hold, our human nature is not satisfied and on occasion raises questions in our mind: "Is heaven really there?"; "Am I missing out on something here on earth?" The writer to the Hebrew Christians was aware that questions could lead to doubt, then to discouragement, and even cause some to "draw back" (Hebrews 10:38-39).

Though we cannot literally see heaven, we can "see |it| afar off" by faith. This is only done by implicitly believing the Word of the Lord. Paul said there is a special power in God’s Word enabling believers to grow "from faith to faith" (Romans 1:17). The fact that faith itself is the fuel to energize even greater faith is illustrated in our text verse. Noah, Abraham, and others had "seen" the promises by faith, which led them to even stronger belief until they were deeply "persuaded of them." The promises eventually were so real to these saints that they "embraced them" like a fellow companion in their daily walk with the Lord. Only by faith do His promises become an integral part of our lives, able to guide our daily activities and long-range plans.

The second challenge we face is fear of the world’s reprisal, directed to anyone daring to not conform to its practices. This fear has stopped many believers from "confessing" their faith and is why the final step to "dying in faith" may be so difficult. Like nothing else can, being willing to publicly proclaim your belief in God’s Word builds faith and truly honours Him. RJG
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:07am On Aug 13, 2009
8 Warning Signs of Toxic Faith
Lee Grady

Legalistic religion is dangerous. Here's how you can detect and avoid the poison of a[i] religious spirit.
[/i]
After Elisha watched Elijah ascend into heaven, the prophet went to the city of Jericho and performed his first miracle. The men of that city faced an environmental crisis: Their water was toxic, most likely because of the sulfur and other chemicals that had rained down upon nearby Sodom and Gomorrah years earlier. This poison had made the land barren (see 2 Kings 2:19-22) and it was probably affecting people and animals as well as plant life.

So Elisha performed a bold, prophetic act. He threw salt in the water and proclaimed: "Thus says the Lord, ‘I have purified these waters; there shall not be from there death or unfruitfulness any longer'" (v. 21, NASB). His proclamation brought immediate cleansing.

This obscure story in the Old Testament offers us a picture of the gospel's power. The message of Jesus Christ heals us. The Holy Spirit brings life where death has reigned. He neutralizes the poisons that cause spiritual barrenness. He balances the [i]pH level so that spiritual growth and vitality is possible.[/i]

All of us would like to enjoy a healthy spiritual life. But the sad truth is that many of us are barren because of hazardous additives. We have believed a different gospel—one laced with legalism, performance-based religion and salvation by works[i]—when Christ alone is our only source of life.
Jesus Himself referr[/i]ed to these toxins as "the leaven of the Pharisees" (Luke 12:1, NASB). He told us that the Pharisees' brand of religion, which looked good on the outside, was deadly—and contagious.

Have you been infected? You can [b]take your own pH test [/b]by examining these eight characteristics of a religious spirit.

1. A religious spirit views God as a cold, harsh, distant taskmaster rather than an approachable, loving Father. When we base our relationship with God on our ability to perform spiritual duties, we deny the power of grace. God does not love us because we pray, read our Bibles, attend church or witness, yet millions of Christians think God is mad if they don't perform these and other duties perfectly. As a result they struggle to find true intimacy with Jesus.

2. A religious spirit places emphasis on doing outward things to show others that God accepts him. We deceive ourselves into believing that we can win God's approval through a religious dress code, certain spiritual disciplines, particular music styles or even doctrinal positions.

3. A religious spirit develops traditions and formulas to accomplish spiritual goals. We trust in our liturgies, denominational policies or man-made programs to obtain results that only God alone can give.

4. A religious spirit becomes joyless, cynical and hypercritical. This can turn a home or a church completely sour. Then, whenever genuine joy and love are expressed, this becomes a threat to those who have lost the simplicity of true faith.

5. A religious spirit becomes prideful and isolated, thinking that his righteousness is special and that he cannot associate with other believers who have different standards. Churches that allow these attitudes become elitist and dangerously vulnerable to deception or cult-like practices.

6. A religious spirit develops a harsh, judgmental attitude toward sinners, yet those who ingest this poison typically struggle with sinful habits that they cannot admit to anyone else. Religious people rarely interact with nonbelievers because they don't want their own superior morals to be tainted by them.

7. A religious spirit rejects progressive revelation and refuses to embrace change. This is why many churches become irrelevant to society. They become so focused on what God did 50 years ago that they become stuck in a time warp and cannot move forward when the Holy Spirit begins to open new understanding. When religious groups refuse to shift with God's new directives, they become "old wineskins" and God must find more flexible vessels that are willing to implement change.

8. A religious spirit persecutes those who disagree with his self-righteous views and becomes angry whenever the message of grace threatens to undermine his religiosity. An angry religious person will use gossip and slander to assassinate other peoples' character and may even use violence to prove his point. Jesus, in fact, warned His disciples: "There will even come a time when anyone who kills you will think he's doing God a favor" (John 16:2, The Message).

If the poison of religion has contaminated your walk with God, ask Him to pour a fresh understanding of His grace into your barren spirit—and then expect His new life to flow through you.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2009
A Message From Jesus

I am Jesus, and I come to you as Lord and Master. Many choose to see
Me as helpless and powerless, as an infant baby wrapped in swaddling
clothes. I did come to you that way, I humbled Myself to be born of
man. But I did not remain that way. I grew and matured in the times
and seasons that the Father appointed for Me, and I rose up into
maturity to take My place and to fulfill My destiny.

I am not a helpless child; I am Lord over all of the earth. Yes, I am
Lord of the sea and of the storm, and even the tumultuous waves
obey My voice. I am Lord over all of creation, and that is why I was
able to multiple food and create wine out of water. I am Lord over
every sickness and infirmity, and no disease that I choose to heal
can stand before Me. I have been granted all authority in Heaven and
in earth. that is why the demons of Hell both tremble before Me and
obey My voice. I am the righteous judge, and all mankind will one day
stand before My judgment throne, for My Father has given Me power
over the final destiny of all creation. Yes, I am Lord over all of
humanity, and every man woman and child will one day bow before Me
and give Me My rightful due as Lord.

When you chose to believe in Me, I became your Lord and your Master.
I have a great love for you, but I also have the expectation that you
will obey Me because you love Me. I expect that you will make Me Lord
of every area of your life. It is time for you to take inventory and
to take store of the areas of your life where you are resisting Me.
It is time for you to lay them upon the alter and to give them to Me.
I fully expect to be Lord and Master of every area of your life--do
not hold any of them back from Me.

I also expect you to put your faith and your confidence in Me. Dear
one, since I am Lord of all of the universe, is there anything too
hard for Me? Do you have a problem that seems to big for Me to
handle or that seems like it is too much for Me to be able to take
care of? Make Me your Lord in this area as well; turn it over to
Me. Watch and see how I am able to tame the fiercest storm and
adversity in your life. Watch and see how I am able to provide for
your needs and to heal your worst infirmities, and how I am able to
bring My love and My peace into your situation. Watch and see how I
will bring My glory into your life, for I am indeed Lord of all and
nothing is too hard for Me.

Dear one, I am not the helpless babe of the Christmas songs, but I am
Lord of all creation. I want you to love Me with all of your heart,
and out of your great love for Me, truly make Me Lord and Master of
every area of your life. Commit in your heart to obey Me and to honor
Me, and then watch and see how My goodness and My glory will prevail
in every area of your life; for I am Lord indeed.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 2:12pm On Aug 13, 2009
WHO WE ARE !
Who I'm?

I am Redeemed (Rev 5:9)
I am bought with a price (1 Cor 6:20)
I am Blood bought (1 Pet 1:19, Rev 5:9)
I am valuable to God (Mt 10:31)
I am one in whom God has an inheritance (Eph 1:18)
I am reconciled to God (2 Cor 5:18)
I am made clean (Jn 13:10)
I am saved by the Gospel (1 Cor 15:2)
I am born again of incorruptible seed (1 Peter 1:23)
I am a new creation (2 Cor 5:17)
I am of God (1 Jn 4:4)
I am Christ's possession (1 Cor 3:23)
I am in Christ Jesus (1 Corinthians 1:30)
I am complete in Him (Col 2:10)
I am free from the control of man (1 Cor 9:19)
I am free from sin (Romans 6:18,22)
I am free from the law of sin and death (Romans 8:2)
I am free from the curse of the law (Galatians 3:13)
I am free indeed (John 8:32-36)
I am called according to His purpose (Rom 8:30)
I am called into the fellowship of His Son (1 Cor 1:9)
I am called to peace (1 Cor 7:15) I am called to liberty (Gal 5:13)
I am called to His eternal glory (1 Peter 5:10)
I am God's field (1 Cor 3:9)
I am God's building (1 Cor 3:9)
I am one in whom the word of God abides (1 John 2:14)
I am an epistle of Christ, written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God (2 Corinthians 3:3)
I am a branch connected into the Vine Jesus Christ and His life flows through me (John 15:5)
I am the Friend of God (Jn 15:15)
I am a servant of God (1 Cor 9:19)
I am a part of the Body of Christ (1 Cor 12:27)
I am one of the saints in Christ Jesus. (Romans 1:6, Gal. 3:28)
I am a fellow citizen with all the saints in the Kingdom of God (Eph2:19)
I am a stranger to this world, a pilgrim just passing through (Heb11:13)
I am the temple of the Lord and the Holy Spirit dwells within me
1 Cor 3:16, 6:19, 2 Cor 6:16, John 14:7)
I am a witness (1 Thess 2:10)
I am bold (2 Cor 11:21)
I am the Bride of Jesus Christ (Rev 21:2-10)
I am a minister of the Gospel of Christ (2 Cor 11:23, Ro. 1:16)
I am part of a chosen generation (1 Peter 2:9)
I am a member of a royal priesthood (1 Peter 2:9)
I am a citizen of a holy nation (1 Peter 2:9)
I am one of His own special people (1 Peter 2:9)
I am Abraham's seed (Galatians 3:29)
I am an heir according to the promises made to Abraham. (Galatians 3:29)
I am an heir of God, a joint heir with Jesus Christ (Gal 4:7)
I am member of the household of God (Eph 2:19)
I am a child of the most high God (Rom 8:16, Gal 3:26, Gal 4:7)
I am a child of light (Ephesians 5:8, 1 Thess 5:cool
I am a child of the day (1 Thess 5:cool
I am a proclaimer of the praises of Him who called me out of darkness into His marvelous light (1 Peter 2:9)
I am light in the Lord. (Eph 5:cool
I am the light of the world (Matt 5:14)
I am the salt of the earth (Matt 5:13)
I am led by the Spirit of God (Gal 5:18)
I am chosen (1 Cor 1:27,28, James 2:5)
I am a disciple (John 8:31)
I am a priest (1 Peter 2:9, Rev 1:6)
I am a king (Rev 1:6)
I am an ambassador for Christ (1 Cor 5:20)
I am an intercessor who stands in the gap (Ezek 22:30)
I am a watchman on the wall (Ezek 3:17)
I am seated in heavenly places in Christ Jesus (Eph 2:6)
I am blessed in the city and in the country (Deut 28:3)
I am a Father (or Mother) of blessed children (Deut 28:4)
I am blessed in all I lay my hands to (Deut 28:4-5,cool
I am blessed when I come in and when I go out (Deut 28:6)
I am invincible before my enemies (Deut 28:7)
I am the head and not the tail (Deut 28:13)
I am above and not beneath (Deut 28:13)
I am one who has been freely given all things through Christ (Rom 8:32, 1 Cor 3:21)
I am rich in Him (Romans 8:32, Rev 2:9)
I am one who loves (Gal 5:22, 1 John 4:16)
I am one who has joy (Gal 5:22, John 15:11)
I am one who has peace (Gal 5:22, John 14:27)
I am one who has patience (Gal 5:22)
I am one who has kindness (Gal 5:22)
I am one who has goodness (Gal 5:22)
I am one who has faith (Gal 5:22)
I am one who has gentleness (Gal 5:23)
I am one who has self-control (Gal 5:23)
I am one who has all the fruit of the Spirit (Gal 5:22,23)
I am one who has overcome the wicked one (1 John 2:14)
I am one who has overcome the world (1 John 4:4, 5:4)
I am strong in the Lord (1 John 2:14)
I am endued with power from on high (Luke 24:49)
I am one who can do all things through Christ who strengthens me (Phil 4:13)
I am one who God always leads in triumph in Christ (2 Cor 2:14)
I am one who God gives the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Cor 15:57)
I am one who has within him the One who is greater than he that is in the world. (1 Jn 4:4)
I am one who treads upon the lion, the cobra, and the serpent (Ps 91:13)
I am one who runs through a troop and leaps over a wall (Ps 18:29)
I am a soldier of Christ (2 Tim 2:3-4)
I am more than a conqueror (Rom 8:37)
I am fully armed with weapons that are mighty through God (2 Cor 10:5)
I am able to pull down strongholds (2 Cor 10:5)
I am able to cast down imaginations and every high lofty thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God (2 Cor 10:5)
I am able to bring into captivity every thought (2 Cor 10:5)
I am one who has the mind of Christ (1 Cor 2:16)
I am not my own (1 Cor 6:19)
I am not alone (John 8:16, 16:32)
I am not of this world (John 15:9)
I am not under the law (Gal 5:18)
I am not a slave (Gal 4:7)
I am not inferior (Job 13:2)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ (Rom 1:16)
So I am not ashamed of who I am (2 Tim 1:12)

Take me as I am with all my sin and shame"Heal me, O Lord, and I shall be healed;
save me, and I shall be saved." Jer. 17:14
Here is this sin! Save me from it!
Here is this snare! Break it to pieces!
Here is this lust! Lord, subdue it!
Here is this temptation! Deliver me out of it!
Here is my proud heart! Lord, humble it!
Here is my unbelieving heart!
Take it away, and give me faith;
give me submission to Your mind and will.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by paulanie: 4:08pm On Aug 13, 2009
Fellowship with one another is very important.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:37am On Aug 14, 2009
White as Snow
by Henry Morris, Ph.D.

"I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire." (Daniel 7:9)

In this amazing vision of the everlasting God on His fiery judgment throne, we find one of the six occurrences in the Bible of the fascinating phrase "white as snow." As the symbol of holiness, pure white finds its clearest natural expression in the beautiful snow, when it has freshly covered the ground.

Twice the phrase is used to describe the cleansing of a guilty sinner by the grace of God. David, after confessing his own sin, prayed: "Have mercy upon me, O God. . . . Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. . . . wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow" (Psalm 51:1-2, 7). Then, God promises through His prophet: "Come now, and let us reason together, . . . though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18). The cleansing blood of Christ, the Lamb of God, is the only substance that can turn blood-red scarlet into snowy white.

When Christ ascended the Mount of Transfiguration, "His raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow" (Mark 9:3), which confirmed to the three disciples that He was the Son of God, even as the voice from heaven had said (Matthew 17:5). At the empty tomb following His resurrection, "the angel of the Lord" also had "raiment white as snow" (Matthew 28:3). Finally, when John saw Christ in His glorified body, he testified that "his head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow" (Revelation 1:14).

It is marvelous that the raiment of the angel of God, the transfigured Christ, and the Ancient of days, as well as the head of Christ in His glory, are all described with the same phrase as the soul of one whose sins are forgiven! HMM

http://www.icr.org/article/4720/
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:37am On Aug 14, 2009
Systematic, expository study of God’s word              

THE FUTURE INVASION OF THE ANTICHRIST
Daniel 11:21-45

Daniel’s inspired writing did not only record history, it also revealed prophecy.  And the revelation of prophecy through Daniel was not limited to Israel, the great events concerning major Gentile kings and kingdoms were revealed in great and minute details.  Some prophets’ predictions and prophecies were fulfilled only a few years, decades or centuries after their ministry or lifetime. Daniel’s prophecies span a very long period, from the time he prophesied till the end of time, that is, till the end of the world.  Some of his prophecies were fulfilled immediately (Daniel 5:25-30), others some months or years later (Daniel 4:24-33) and still others were fulfilled hundreds of years after he spoke (Daniel 2:39-43; 8:20-22).  The coming of the Messiah the Prince, was also prophesied by Daniel (Daniel 9:25,26).  Our Lord, Jesus Christ, affirmed that some of Daniel’s prophecies are yet to be fulfilled in the future (Daniel 9:27; 12:11; Matthew 24:15).  Even now some major parts of Daniel’s prophecies are still to be fulfilled (Daniel 2:44; 7:13,14; 9:27; 11:40-45; 12:1-4).  Daniel’s ministry is relevant to Israel and to all the nations of the world, important and instructive at his own time and our time, profitable to the Jews and the Gentiles, enlightening, encouraging and strengthening to the early church and the end-time church.  May our lives and ministries touch, teach and transform people beyond our locality and periods beyond our lifetime.

1. THE POLITICS OF THE SELF-WILLED KING
    Daniel 11:21-29; 7:8,25; 8:9-11,23-25; 9:26; Psalm 55:21;
1 Thessalonians 5:1-3; 2 Thessalonians 2:9-12; Habakkuk 2:3.

These verses found their immediate or their first fulfilment in Antiochus Epiphanes but their ultimate or final fulfilment will be in the Antichrist.  Antiochus Epiphanes is referred to in Daniel 8:9 as a little horn who was to rise to power by craft and deceit, gaining recognition and power by intrigues and hypocrisy.  It was predicted that he would wax exceedingly great though he would be a vile person; by peace and deceitful policies he would destroy many.  As predicted, Antiochus, a vile person, to whom they shall not give the honour of the kingdom rose to power and obtained the kingdom by flatteries”. He raised up a mighty army, described as the arms of a flood (Daniel 11:22; Jeremiah 47:2,3).  The character of Antiochus is fully described by Daniel the prophet.  He shall be a vile person (verse 21), he shall come in peaceably, and obtain the kingdom by flatteries
(verse 21), he shall work deceitfully (verse 23), he shall enter peaceably and he shall do that which his fathers have not done (verse 24), he shall do mischief and speak lies (verse 27), deceiving and being deceived (2 Timothy 3:13), his heart shall be against the holy covenant (verse 28).  Under the guise of friendship, Antiochus plundered the richest lands and persecuted the Jews severely.

2.  THE PROFANITY OF THE SELF-CENTRED KING
Daniel 11:30-34; 8:12,13,24; 9:27; Matthew 24:15; Revelation 13:5,11-15; 2 Thessalonians 2:4; 1 John 2:18; 2 Peter 2:1-3,18,19;
2 Corinthians 11:13-15.

These verses in Daniel chapter eleven look prophetically at two personalities.  To Daniel, one was to be in the near future while the other was to be in the far future.  One was to rise to power before the First Coming of Christ while the other will rise to power just before the Second Coming of Christ.  One, the first fulfilment, was Antiochus; the other, the final fulfilment, will be the Antichrist.

Jewish history has it on record that Antiochus had great indignation against the holy covenant (verse 30) and did exactly as Daniel had prophesied – they shall pollute the sanctuary (verse 31), and shall take away the daily sacrifice (verse 31) and they shall place the abomination that maketh desolate (verse 31).  Antiochus, with his soldiers desecrated Israel’s temple, sacrificing pigs on the altar; banned circumcision and daily sacrifices. He even imposed an idol statue in honour of the Olympian god, Zeus into the temple (December 15, 167 B.C.). That abomination of desolation caused the Jews to abandon worship in their temple.  That atrocity was only a preview of the abomination that would happen later under the final Antichrist (Daniel 9:27; Matthew 24:15).

3. THE PERDITION OF THE SATAN-CONTROLLED KING
Daniel 11:35-45; Ezekiel 38:22; Daniel 2:35,44,45; 7:26; 8:25;
2 Thessalonians 2:8; Revelation 14:14-20; 17:12-14; 19:19-21.

Daniel eleven, verse thirty-five looks forward to the time of the end”, which is yet for a time appointed”. The reference to this end prepares for a transition in verse 36 to the final Tribulation period under the reign of the Antichrist, whom Antiochus prefigures.  These two eschatological terms, the time of the end and the appointed time or a time appointed point to a forward leap across thousands of years of history from Antiochus to a future similar period of fierce persecution when the self-willed king shall reign.  The self-willed king is the future Antichrist.  The remaining verses of the chapter describe the Antichrist’s reign of terror in the last seven years before Christ’s millennial Kingdom.

The Antichrist shall do according to his will (verse 36) he shall exalt and magnify himself above every god (verse 36) and shall speak marvellous (terrible, blasphemous) things against God (verse 36), he shall magnify himself above all (verse
37),he shall honour the God of forces (verse 38).  He will be opposed to God and Christ, the Son of God; he will speak against God and fight against the people of God, Israel; he will resist Christ and the establishment of His Kingdom of peace; he will use force and diabolical wickedness to try and turn the whole world against God and righteousness.  He shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand”.   He shall come to his end, and none shall help him (Daniel 8:25; 11:45).  And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of His mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of His coming (2 Thessalonians 2:cool.

Congregational Song:

WILL  YOUR  ANCHOR  HOLD?

1. Will your anchor hold in the storms of life?
When the clouds unfold their wings of strife;
When the strong tides lift and the cables strain,
Will your anchor drift, or firm remain?

We have an anchor that keeps the soul
Stedfast and sure while the billows roll:
Fasten’d to the Rock which cannot move,
Grounded firm and deep in the Saviour’s love!

2. It is safely moored ’twill the storm withstand,
For ’tis well secured by the Saviour’s hand;
And the cables passed from His heart to mine,
Can defy the blast, through strength divine.

3. It will firmly hold in the straits of fear,
When the breakers have told the reef is near,
Though the tempest rave and the wild winds blow,
Not an angry wave shall our bark o’erflow.

4. It will surely hold in the floods of death,
When the waters cold, chill our latest breath,
On the rising tide it can never fail,
While our hopes abide within the veil!

5. When our eyes behold, through the gathering night
The city of gold, our harbour bright,
We shall anchor fast by the heavenly shore,
With the storms all past for evermore.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:48am On Aug 14, 2009
Lifelong Love
August 14, 2009

"Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun." (Ecclesiastes 9:9)

The above wise advice was written by King Solomon in his later years, after many years of searching for happiness through intellectualism, worldly pleasures, riches, and power, and finding that all of it was mere "vanity and vexation of spirit" (Ecclesiastes 1:14).

Solomon had 700 wives, all of whom were "princesses" and thus at least partially for purposes of prestige and politics, but various references in his Book of Proverbs suggest that these were more a problem than a help.  It is interesting that he had only one son, Rehoboam, plus two daughters, as far as the record goes.

That one son was born a year before he became king, while he was still very young, and Naamah (Rehoboam’s mother) was thus very likely the only wife he really loved (compare 1 Kings 11:42; 14:21), as described so beautifully in his Song of Solomon, which Solomon himself called his "Song of Songs."

So it seems poignant and significant that, near the end of his life, Solomon is counseling young men to cultivate that special love "with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity."  (Note also Proverbs 5:18-19).  The Bible very seldom refers to romantic love or marital love (nearly always biblical love is "agape" love), so this rare reference to romantic love (as between a young bride and bridegroom) is especially noteworthy.  The admonition to "live joyfully" is from a word usually translated "[color=#000099]alive[/color]," so his advice was to keep that young marital love alive and fresh all through life! HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 9:39am On Aug 14, 2009
Drought and Rain

The body has been in a dry place, the land has been ravaged. So it is
in drought. The enemy has torn across it as a swarm of locust, but I
say that the time is drawing near that the landscape will change. The
land will open up and receive all that I have. I am bringing the rain.
Continue to prepare the way.

Be that voice in the wilderness, crying out to Me "Prepare the way."
Dig the trenches. Dig, dig, dig--deeper and deeper. Dig, so that when
the rain comes, it will run and fill up the land and fill up those
trenches and wells that have been dug.

Tell My people to dig deep and get a hold of My promise--that I will
bring the rain. After this season comes to an end, the rain will come
and refresh.

Things will move and change. My body (those that were waiting and
watching) will look different, and they will be different after My
rain comes.

Hold on I tell you, hold on!

Do you hear the thunder? Do you see the dark rainclouds? They look
like dark clouds of the enemy. Although he laughs at this minute, I
will turn things around and I will bring good rain from those dark
clouds.

So although it looks like one thing now, it in essence is something
entirely different. Look in the spirit: perceive, conceive, and bring
forth! Come forth My bride--press in, dig deeper and come forth!
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 12:08pm On Aug 14, 2009

" So pray, pray,
pray, The heavenly battle is fought on our knees,

Our lives are built on, sustained by and given to much prayer and fasting,
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2009
Practical Instructions On How To Be My Witnesses

It is a season to bless. I will reveal to you the needs of others, known and unknown to you. You will pray for them and help them in any, and every way I direct. Be sensitive to the nudgings of the Holy Spirit. Practical help, with love and the right attitude, will open the doors of hearts that have long been locked, and which have strongholds of walls around them. A simple, "what can I do to help"? will bring astounding situations and miraculous results.

Many are at the end of their rope so to speak, with no source of help except for godly intervention. Your question will touch their hearts because only God will know what is going on. A faith that "there is a God" will start to spark their hearts and minds again.

Many are of the mind set that they themselves have all power to do all things and that their own ability is the power source. The lie is being broken as they find themselves unable to cope any longer. Pride will keep them silent, but when I send you, they will answer and tell you things no one else knows. And they will surrender to being helped. It will bring great relief to them that there is someone to help and also that they can share with someone.

Just be there for them.I have put them across your path for a time such as this. There are no accidents, but rather godly appointments for those who seek my face and are willing to be used; willing to be inconvenienced, willing to give what they have, willing to share God's heart and be used as His hands and feet.

And oh! the joy unspeakable that will come to you as you obey. It will strengthen and enthuse you, and springs of living water shall flow to you, and through you.

Meet people where they are at, and meet their need. Trust will arise. Relationships will form. I will fill your mouths,b because the greatest gift you can give to anyone at this time is unconditional love and acceptance. Salvation and healing shall flow from this source. Be not judgmental of the ones that cross your path, for they are not by accident, and they are the ones I have chosen For You. You know them not as I know them. You know not what their potential is, or who they will become in Christ. Did they know and recognize Paul before his road to Damascus experience??

I want the pre-ordained destinies of God to be fulfilled. Many are not even on the path, and it is straight and narrow. Much has to be done. But, it will be done swiftly as the anointing comes upon you and them. Transformation from moths into butterflies!!! I will give you eyes to see each one as I see them. You will see them with My heart. They are your brothers and sisters. The barriers and walls are coming down and every race and color shall recognize each other as belonging to the same family. The family of God.

Be faithful in the little things, for they are not little things. The ramifications are far reaching and of great consequence. Disobedience and delay mean you cannot be trusted to do the job. I need those who are obedient and who do not pray about it forever. Just go and do the job. As you do you will be entrusted with greater things. So do not miss this appointed time for; as you go you will fulfill your own destiny, the path of your own fate.

As given to Jane Jacobson
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:41am On Aug 15, 2009
World without End
August 15, 2009

"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him." (Isaiah 64:4)

This beautiful Old Testament promise has been appropriated by Paul (1 Corinthians 2:9) and applied to the New Testament believer guided by the indwelling Spirit of God. It looks forward to the ages to come when all those "things which God hath prepared for them that love him" will be given in their fullness.

It is noteworthy that both "the beginning of the world" in our text (Isaiah 64:4) and "world without end" (45:17) are translations of the same Hebrew word, olam, which means essentially "indefinitely long ago" or even "eternity." Thus, the wonderful plan God has prepared for His people, to be implemented and enjoyed in eternity future, was formulated by Him in eternity past.

We were then chosen "in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love" (Ephesians 1:4). He had even planned our redemption from sin through His Son, "with the precious blood of Christ, . . . Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you" (1 Peter 1:19-20).

We may not, in this life, really comprehend with our minds such marvelous things, but we who "wait for him" can believe them with rejoicing in our hearts, for "God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God" (1 Corinthians 2:10). Thus we can unite with thankful and understanding hearts in Paul's great doxology: "Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen" (Ephesians 3:21). HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 11:20am On Aug 15, 2009
True Worshippers are Frontline Warriors
-----

The true worshippers shall come forth and be the front line warriors against the enemy. You may ask 'What is the enemy?' The enemy is the things that takes away life from my people, sin, poverty, lack, debt, sickness, unforgiveness and the list goes on. These are the enemies of my people but my Word will set the captive free. My Word will deliver you, my Word will save and heal you of all and I say again ALL sickness and disease.

I came that you would and could have life to the very fullest. I am the giver of life. I give life in abundance.

The enemy, It comes to steal, kill and destroy.

What is happening in your life? Are you being stolen from? Are you being destroyed or is the enemy trying to take your very life? I came that you could have life. I came that you could live and worship me.

My Word says to seek me first. If you will seek me the way you would if you were looking for treasure then my Word says that you will, you will find me. My Word says that you seek my righteousness, the right way of doing things and all these things shall be added unto you.

My Word is healing, it is health to your very bones.

I came and died and my blood was shed so that you could live. Seek me and you will find me. Be a true worshipper and you shall destroy the works of the enemy for you shall be able to shout and the walls shall come down.

Seek me and my ways and you shall be the head and not the tail, you shall be about and not beneath.

Seek me with all of your heart and you will find me, sayth the Lord God.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:19pm On Aug 15, 2009
[flash=600,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJMbk9dtpdY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=[/flash]

http://www.tangle.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8cf08faca5dd9ea45513&sp=1

Click on the link above and see the moving story of a father and his son which depicts the sacrifice, pain and relationship God our Father has with us His adopted children.  It's amazing to see a father so loving and forbearing to get his son to finish the race. 

This is a powerful analogy of our loving Heavenly Father who runs the race with us and carries us to finishing line of the race of faith set before us.

It is also interesting to see how the physically challenged son put his trust in his father's ability to carry him through!

I know my redeemer liveth.
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jumoke90(f): 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2009
[b]Is Dad Home yet?Jason asked eagerly one afternoon."Mr Williams, down at the hardware store is looking for someone to help with cleaning and sweeping for an hour or so after school each day.Hes said to talk it over with dad and if it is ok with him the job is mine!".
Mother smiled"Dad will be here soon, but before he comes you'd better take the garbage out. He told you to do it this morning.
"yeah,OK", agreed Jason as he took off his coat and went to his room. soon he heard dad come in, so he hurried to the kitchen"Dad,"he said"i want to ask you something."
All Right,"said Dad, but i see you didnt take the garbage out yet. Do that first".Dad left to wash his hands.
As soon as dad reappeared, Jason tried again. "I have a chance to get a job."
"I see the garbage is still there,"came dad's reply.
"i know i ll get it in a minute,But, "
dad frowned. "you ve had a lot of minutes already"he said as he began reading the newspaper.
"dad cant we talk?"Whined Jason.
Dad looked up."we can as soon as you take the garbage out,"he replied firmly.
Jason stood silently for a moment,then he quickly got to work and took care of the garbage."there. am sorry i didnt do it sooner,"he said when the job was done.Dad smiled as he listened to Jason tell him about his job opportunity.
For family devotions later that evening, dad asked Jason to read aloud from psalm 66. when he finished reading Jason grinned at Dad."i know what it means when it says God wont hear us if we have sin in our hearts.Thats just like you dad. you wouldnt listen to me until i took out the garbage.And God wouldnt listen to us until we get rid of the garbage of sin in our lives."
dad grinned back at Jason.You re right son"he said."thats an important lesson for us to learn."

HOW ABOUT YOU? does God seem far far away?do you feel like nobody is listening when you pray?maybe God is saying,"Take out the garbage and then i ll listen.You cannot expect God to answer your prayer when you deliberately sin.

PRAYER. . . God please empty me of every foolishness and sin in my heart. . . Amen!!
[/b]
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by jumoke90(f): 9:36pm On Aug 15, 2009
"As cold waters to a thirsty soul,so is good news from a far country" prov 25;25
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:47pm On Aug 16, 2009
Hastening His Coming
August 16, 2009

"Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissovled, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?" (2 Peter 3:12)

Exactly how can we "hasten unto the coming of the day of God"? The answer is by bringing its coming closer. In fact, the phrase can just as well be understood as "hastening the coming."

Although the Scriptures give us many signs to know when Christ's return is near, Jesus said that no one could determine the exact time--not even He, Himself! "Of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father" (Mark 13:32). In His self-limited human nature, He did not know because, apparently, it depended in some way on what His disciples would do to "hasten his coming" after He went back to heaven.

When He left them, He said: "Ye shall be witnesses unto me . . . unto the uttermost part of the earth" (Acts 1:cool. This was a command, but it was also a prophecy: "Ye shall be witnesses" to the very last tribe on earth. In His Olivet discourse, He had said: "This gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come" (Matthew 24:14). Sometime, somehow, every tribe will be reached, because John, in his vision, saw a great multitude "of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues" in heaven (Revelation 7:9).

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise" to return, but He does desire "that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9), and we should "account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation" (2 Peter 3:15). No one but the Father knows just when the last convert from the last tribe will be won, but if we "love his appearing" (2 Timothy 4:cool, we can "hasten his coming" by doing all we can to get the gospel to the ends of the earth. HMM
Re: Nairaland Christian E-Fellowship by grace5: 6:44pm On Aug 16, 2009
Religion Or Gods Love

Religion says "My success as a Christian depends on how much I pray, how much I worship, how much I attend church etc.
God love says "Your life as a Christian depends on my love". Abide in my love. John 15:4

Religion says "God will supply my needs if I tithe accurately and I give, and I sow into good ground, etc ."
God's love says " I provide for you because I love you." Your Father knows you need all these things. Matt 6:8

Religion says "God heals if I learn the right scriptures, say the right prayers, keep a right confession, fast and pray, etc.".
God's love says "I heal because I love you." Jesus had compassion on the multitude and healed them all. Matt 14:14

Religion says " I will be free from the devil if I claim the blood of Jesus, anoint the house with oil, bind the devil. worship and pray etc."
God's love says "the devil cannot hurt you, because I love you." Nothing can by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19

Religion says "be loving"
God love says "I give my love to you" The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit

Depending On My Performance To Access His Grace? Impossible!

It is time for a radical transformation in the house of God! It is time for real faith once again. It is time for believers to depend on His love and not their works. To do this we need to see the Father for who He is and enter into complete thankfulness.

King David continually depended on the heavenly Fathers "steadfast love and faithfulness."

- When the enemy came he depended on Gods steadfast love and faithfulness.
- When he sinned he depended on Gods steadfast love and faithfulness.
- When God was distant he depended on His steadfast love and faithfulness.
- When he triumphed he thanked God for His steadfast love and faithfulness.
-When he was sick he depended on God's steadfast love and faithfulness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (115)

MFM Church Bride Weds Without Makeup, Rocks Makeup At Reception / RCCG Pastor Gabriel Diya, His Son And Daughter Drown Inside A Pool In Spain / Glory Dome: Dunamis 100,000 Seater Church Auditorium Gallops Towards Completion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 248
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.