Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,390 members, 7,901,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:29 PM

Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! (1567 Views)

Who else thinks Nigerian emcees are wack? ✘✘ / Is Real Hip-hip/rap Facing Extinction In Nigeria? / North, South, East Or West, Which Region Holds Real Hip Hop Down In Naija? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by toluwalomo(m): 7:35pm On Jun 22, 2006
I was grew up with Hip-Hop. So I bring all the elements to bear in my top ten emcees list of all time. I hae been bumping Hip Hop formerly known as rap music for over 20 years, so i think my list nears perfection. Even though some of you might disagree.

10. Ice Cube- brought the fire into rap

9. Snoop Dogg-brought the West Coast back to life

8. KRS- One-too many styles

7. Rakim-lyrically ahead of his time

6. L.L.cool J-consistency 12 albums ( i think)

5. Eminem- originality

4. JAY-Z- took the rap from the minority to the majority

3. NAS- street poet

2. Biggie - Micheal Jordan of flow

1. Tupac-Charismatic

You ain't finding a Nelly, Ja-Rule or 50 Cent in my list!
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by 2fine4u(f): 7:46pm On Jun 22, 2006
i aint even gon mess witcha list cos that's exactly how it shd be bwoy!!! grin
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by cocofinest(f): 8:26pm On Jun 22, 2006
damn right!!!

the most accurate list ever wink
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by bluenubian(f): 1:05am On Jun 23, 2006
10. LL Cool J

9. Eminem

8. Ice Cube

7. Big Daddy Kane

6. KRS-One

5. Nas

4. Rakim

3. Notorious B.I.G.

2. Tupac

1. Jay-Z

here's my list, love ur list too tolu, i know peep ar prolly thinking jay z no1 instead of tupac, but could u imagine if God forbid jay z were to die today, the kind of love and publicity he would get.
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by diddy4(m): 1:11am On Jun 23, 2006
@blue

dat is my list exactly except that ll cool j aint there, i put diddy instead(cuzz we are namesakes)
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by dbounddy(m): 1:58am On Jun 23, 2006
i will go wit Tolu's list but i will put Eminem for number 3 and then put Nas for 5
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by lunafish(f): 6:33am On Jun 23, 2006
Your list is WRONG.

10 Tupac
9 Eminem
8 Jean Grae
7 Talib Kweli/ Big Bot of Outkast Can't decide
6 Michael Franti of Disposable heroes of hiphoprisy/Spearhead
5 Mos Def
4 Chuck D of Public Enemy
3 KRSOne
2 Afrika Bambaataa
1 Grandmaster Flash

If you don't know- now you know.
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by toluwalomo(m): 10:18am On Jun 23, 2006
I am not saying my list is perfect. But I think you need to step your rap game up and look beyond sentiments.

A Jean Grae on a Hip Hop list of all time be serious!!!!! When people like Redman, Big Daddy Kane, Big Pun, Kool G Rap, Latifah and Salt N' Pepa did not cut the list.

How the hell did a Jean Grae make it? What are your indices? You just had to chuck a woman in there huh?

A Big Boi from OUTKAST, lol, you trying to be funny right. Even in the group Andre 3000 gets more shine, so how did he make it into rap's elite.

Maybe you should put Eedris Abdul Kareem whilst you at it. grin
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by diddy4(m): 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2006
thats funny man, eedris. hahahahhahahaa. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Kadeejah(f): 4:46am On Jun 24, 2006
diz iz my list

10 - mos def
9 - nas
8 - ice cube
7 - jay z
6 - rakim & eric b (together)
5 - B.I.G
4 - chuck d
3 - slick rick
2 - tupac
1 - aafrika bambaata

those of u who gat eminem on ya list. . . undecided
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 24, 2006
i be likes

dmx
omarion
lil bow wow
snoop d-oh
warren g
heavy d
lost boyz
new edition
lighthoiuse family
michael buble cool
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Kadeejah(f): 5:06am On Jun 24, 2006
das ya top 10 emcees shocked shocked shocked
bow wow, omarion. . . ? do u kno wut emcees r? undecided
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 24, 2006
no embarassed
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Kadeejah(f): 5:12am On Jun 24, 2006
lol shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
k da easiest definition i gat 4 u righ now iz:
rappers. . .dey make beats & spit rhymes
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Nobody: 5:13am On Jun 24, 2006
aha

warren g
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Kadeejah(f): 5:15am On Jun 24, 2006
lol
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 24, 2006
heavy d
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Jduck13(m): 4:29am On Jun 25, 2006
#1 is Tupac
2. B.I.G.
3. Eminem
4. Rakim and Jayz (tie)
5. Me and menike and my friend caleb whisnant and My boi Andrew lipscomb (tie)
6.Playboy and Cray and My lil bro (tie)
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by diddy4(m): 4:30am On Jun 25, 2006
clown
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Nobody: 4:32am On Jun 25, 2006
i like tupac
i love changes
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 25, 2006
i love um
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by eveseh(f): 8:00am On Jun 25, 2006
i'll be back
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by superb(m): 4:59pm On Jun 25, 2006
here are mine

1.notorious BIG(R.I.P)
2.RAKIM
3.KOOL G RAP(nas and jay z both fashioned their flow after this guy)
4.2 pac(R.I.P)
5.nas
6.eminem
7.jay z
8.big PUN (R.I.P)
9.krs one
10.ice cube
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by MP007(m): 7:57am On Aug 19, 2007
10 big pun

9 talin quali

8 naughty by nature

7 ice cube

6 kanibus

5 biggie

4 krs-one

3 snoop dogg

2 Nas

1 2 pac
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by point45(m): 12:53pm On Aug 21, 2007
i dont know man. im like seeing tupac,biggie, nas and jayz on first 4 and im like what d f*** is wrong?fine these people did great but eeeeeeem tupac and big? ok , i agree but nas and jayz in top 4 is hiphosphemy.what is even the yardstick here? if its number of albums dropped,then ll cool j and gangstarr would take it. if its lyrical venom,better start thinking MOP,mature style, you gats to give rakin,and ice cube,unsettling lyrics? then think guru, black thought.if its the all round thang, we can say BIG and pac,speed? cmon y'all fu schnikkens and bone.however you see it, i salute the person who put on grand master flash and chuck d. though you ought to remeber public enemy, digital underground and daz efx. i'll stand any day for jean grae, but on the all timer list? no. give her more time.if oyu are looking for eminem here, try another thread cos his existence only springs up bullshit attitude and the like of modern day 50 cent
Re: Real Hip Hop's Top 10 Emcees Of All Time ! by Jduck13(m): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2007
I was grew up with Hip-Hop. So I bring all the elements to bear in my top ten emcees list of all time. I hae been bumping Hip Hop formerly known as rap music for over 20 years, so i think my list nears perfection. Even though some of you might disagree.

10. Ice Cube- brought the fire into rap

9. Snoop Dogg-brought the West Coast back to life

8. KRS- One-too many styles

7. Rakim-lyrically ahead of his time

6. L.L.cool J-consistency 12 albums ( i think)

5. Eminem- originality

4. JAY-Z- took the rap from the minority to the majority

3. NAS- street poet

2. Biggie - Micheal Jordan of flow

1. Tupac-Charismatic

Feelin ya list but what about cassidy and Big L They defanatey deserve some spots

(1) (Reply)

Fergie From The Black Eyed Peas ,new Single London Bridge / So Chamillionaire Is Nigerian, Nas Nko? / Why Do Nigerian Hip Hop Artist Mime Instead Of Performancing Live At Shows ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.