Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,738 members, 7,918,291 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 07:52 AM

Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience (925 Views)

Why Do Most People With Fine Voices Turn Out Ugly? / Skinny Slim Beauriful lovely sensitive White Female Or big african Female? / Maturity Comes With Experience Not Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by SamMilla1(m): 7:26pm On Aug 15, 2008
I have been following how some self-made experts on this section judge other people.
A 19 year old girl will come here and report that her 26 year old boyfriend cheated on her.
The next thing you hear is
'That idiot is too old for you'
'Leave her and find another person'
'He don't deserve you at all'

The same 26 year old boy who cheated will appear here and say he met this 19 year old beautiful girl whom she is in love with and the next thing you hear hereĀ  from the same people is the cliche that :
'AGE IS NOTHING BUT A NUMBER'
'FOLLOW YOUR HEART BROTHER'
'GO AFTER HER IF YOU LOVE HER'

What i am trying to say here is this :
Whenever a sensitive matter is posted here,
Dont judge the case based on what you would do when you are angry.
Judge it based on the right thing to do,
and that means you have to think properly before answering the question
and not to rush the question with any answer and move to another topic.

Some of these 15 and 16 year old boys and girls who answer questions about Romance here
Should answer as little as possible especial when it is a problem they havent encounter before.
Nairaland has grown from just a forum looking for people to post on it to a ground for people to get serious advice on matters related to their problems.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by adeboo(f): 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2008
Here here.
I totally agree with ya poster - some people who post their issues here are honestly looking for answers and when we just ridicule the whole thing, its bad.

If u dont have anything good to post and if u arent ready to advise th eperson like u would advise ur good friend, then just leave it.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by ifyalways(f): 11:43pm On Aug 15, 2008
adeboo:

Here here.
I totally agree with ya poster - some people who post their issues here are honestly looking for answers and when we just ridicule the whole thing, its bad.

If u don't have anything good to post and if u arent ready to advise th eperson like u would advise your good friend, then just leave it.
where have u been hiding beau? shocked shocked shocked shocked
missed u lots kiss kiss kiss wink
@Topic,Ok. undecided
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by adeboo(f): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2008
ifyalways:

where have u been hiding beau? shocked shocked shocked shocked
missed u lots kiss kiss kiss wink
@Topic,Ok. undecided

Ifybaby, i have been here there and everywhere o.
Nice to know u missed me - lol

Am back sha.
what i miss?
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by lexicon(m): 8:12pm On Aug 17, 2008
@poster, this is most sensible post i have seen posted. This is true. letz learn how to make a reasonable reply to issues
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by NegroNtns(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2008
Hmm
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by IykeD(m): 10:40pm On Aug 17, 2008
Tell them bro, you took the exact words off me.How u dey, been a while? Thanx for those funny off lines and how is the 'joke biz' going?
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by Gamine(f): 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2008
Abegi, is this a joke or something

Bros, you know where your land be
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by onyinye2(f): 11:25pm On Aug 17, 2008
Ever heard of Tough Love?
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by Nobody: 12:02pm On Aug 18, 2008
Thanks poster, I'll try to be good next time wink
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by spikedcylinder: 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2008
People post ridiculous replies to some threads because some people ask like the most ridiculous questions.

Eg:
I cheated on my girlfriend, now she wants to cheat on me. Help!

or

I dreamt she is a witch. Help!
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by MrCrackles(m): 12:33pm On Aug 18, 2008
@poster

posting sensitive topics here should be left to people that have a fucking brain and some common sense thrown in as well!

howzat?!
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by lonelypal(m): 1:04pm On Aug 18, 2008
spikedcylinder:

People post ridiculous replies to some threads because some people ask like the most ridiculous questions.

Eg:
I cheated on my girlfriend, now she wants to cheat on me. Help!

or

I dreamt she is a witch. Help!

Yeah i agree with u, this is a wake up call on the moderators of this section. Its high time this section is cleaned up of such dumb topics.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by yongbabe(f): 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2008
looooooooooooooool,
Lovin dis topic
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by Nobody: 3:41pm On Aug 18, 2008
Brash the poster said 'sensitive topics', not any topic. Of course some topics are dumb and are destined to be trashed. But when a young girl comes to a public forum and says 'Help my boyfriend of four years is cheating on me', she's obviously confused and needs advise and comfort; not rubbish responses like, 'try me; dump him; cheat on him too', and all those things we are all guilty of. I think the Poster's trying to bring the aim of this forum back in perspective and thats a good one.

But if a guy comes and says 'I'm in love with my 15 yrs old house help', I'll be the first person to say, 'get lost asshole'.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by spikedcylinder: 4:03pm On Aug 18, 2008
Ujujoan:

Brash the poster said 'sensitive topics', not any topic. Of course some topics are dumb and are destined to be trashed. But when a young girl comes to a public forum and says 'Help my boyfriend of four years is cheating on me', she's obviously confused and needs advise and comfort; not rubbish responses like, 'try me; dump him; cheat on him too', and all those things we are all guilty of. I think the Poster's trying to bring the aim of this forum back in perspective and thats a good one.

But if a guy comes and says 'I'm in love with my 15 years old house help', I'll be the first person to say, 'get lost asshole'.

You need to realise that "sensitive" is incredibly relative.
When people get responses like that (as highlighted), it might be honest profferrment of solutions from people who are actually stating what they would do in "so and so" situations.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by Nobody: 5:01pm On Aug 18, 2008
spikedcylinder:

When people get responses like that (as highlighted), it might be honest profferrment of solutions from people who are actually stating what they would do in "so and so" situations.

'Try me'?? An honest solution??C'mon!!!

Anyway, sometimes the suggestions might be useful, but most times people just make a mockery of the whole thing. The presentation really matters, the girl's alreadt heart broken, no need to give more pain. Even if you are going to profer tough solutions, dont make it worse by making a joke of it.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by Mustay(m): 5:31pm On Aug 18, 2008
If you are not happy with a 'stupid' post, ignore it!

Everyone cannot be as 'sensible' as you expect.

This is a forum 'cos you expect to hear diverse views - even the stupidest of them.

So, take what you want and leave what you want not.

spikedcylinder:

I was just about to post that. Experience is also RELATIVE.

As mods, it is a rule that A THREAD IS NEVER STUPID- Stupidity is not a crime cheesy
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by SamMilla1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 18, 2008
This thread is not a call for argument.
It merely stated what the managers of this forum observed.
There are some people here who reply to every topic.
And they are the people who get banned for obvious reasons.
Then they blame Seun for banning them.
They wait until a new topic is posted , then they reply
Whether they know what they wanna say or not.
Now thats not wise. Is it?
Its not an obligation to reply to every topic.
You can go to some places and post whatever you want and no one will care.
This is a very important section on every forum because it deals directly with human feelings.
Take for instance, Not every one can just go to ,
]webmaster, computer, or Graphics sections to post anything
Because you require a certain level of Knowledge to do so.
The same applies to Romance Section,
Every one can create a topic here based on your personal experiences
But not every one is capable of giving a good reply to that topic.
I skip This Romance section all the time because i have not experienced
All of the problems posted here and not because i dont wanna post replies.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by Mustay(m): 6:48pm On Aug 18, 2008
I get you. I also observed that peeps joke on some serious issues here. But some are just after the POSTS' NUMBER increasing on the memberlist.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by segzicres(m): 7:42pm On Aug 18, 2008
people making fun outta everything has made a lot of people afraid to start topics when they want to. those that have real problems should be attended to accordinly, whenever you read a stupid post you'll know.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by SamMilla1(m): 9:01am On Aug 19, 2008
Yes, making jokes out of topics on Romance section is not fair.
I am also good at making jokes out of things but not on this section.
You never know who is serious or not.
So my advice again is :

SKIP ANY TOPIC YOU KNIOW YOU ARE GONNA CONTRIBUTE NEGATIVELY.
LET US ALL HELP TO MAKE HERE A CLEAN SECTION.
IF YOU WANNA JOKE , MEET ME HERE NAIRALAND JOKES
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by spikedcylinder: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2008
Ujujoan:

'Try me'?? An honest solution??C'mon!!!

Anyway, sometimes the suggestions might be useful, but most times people just make a mockery of the whole thing. The presentation really matters, the girl's alreadt heart broken, no need to give more pain. Even if you are going to profer tough solutions, don't make it worse by making a joke of it.

You will be suprised. That is actually how some people advise their friends in real life.

Oh Sam lighten up will you?!?!?

Yes, some people post uber serious posts and get light hearted responses? So what? You dont expect everyone to be as serious and uptight (as you appear to be). If you all take the things and especially the people on this forum any more seriously than your morning coffee, then you're definately done for!!!!
Fact is, half the people who post here (romance section) already have a set mind. Eg, I cant imagine putting up a thread titled "He broke my heart" up and take EVERYONE'S opinion seriously. I mean, my heart is already broken, all I'm looking for are condolence messages anyway and if someone says "try me", I will just laugh it off and not actually think that person is sitting behind his pc waiting for me to come and "try" him.

Some people are easygoing, it doesnt mean they undermine the seriousness of situations.

Just my opinion!
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by SamMilla1(m): 9:39am On Aug 19, 2008
Yea angel, i dont expect everybody to be serious
but then i also said that its not a must for everybody to contribute on every topic.
It doesnt really mean that you dont have an opinion,
what matters is how your opinion count.
we cant fight evil with evil.
it doesnt work.
I have known you to be a positive contributor on this forum.
I also believe you would love a very positive replies if you create a topic related to your problems here.
Or do we really have to always hire a lawyer or a shrink to give us advices,
we could get it here for free.
Thats the primary fuction of a forum.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by Gabry(f): 3:46am On Aug 20, 2008
@Topic,

What can I say? This is a public forum ohhh. . . . . . . Not only they would say as such, some other people would have nothing else better to do but to bash and discriminate without even thinking. God gave them a brain and a mouth so its up to their free will to use it I guess. . . undecided
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by topup: 6:03am On Aug 20, 2008
I agree in the sense that sometimes advice can be damaging and we should be careful, but I believe it's good to get a wide range of advice, all types of people and their mentalities. I don't believe it should be filtered unless the person is talking about dire situations such as divorce, marriages, abuse in relationships and rape. Who knows who may be posting the original topic and if it's a 15 year old, they may want to know what other 15 year olds would do. We can't judge on age because some people are mature for their age whilst others aren't. I have seen thirty-something year old men writing 'You should leave your girlfriend, because a relationship with no sex is just friendship.' and at the same time read 18 year olds say 'I wouldn't leave your husband yet, first try and have a mature talk with him, and then tell someone who is a mutual friend to you both.' So you see it works both ways. I think we have to hope that the person who needs the advice, though is in a frustrated situation should still be able to apply common sense and logic to the advice given to them.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by KarmaMod(f): 6:08am On Aug 20, 2008
I agree which is why you should stop replying to such topics, Sam.
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by bkplur(f): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2008
sam milla i agree with you we are suppose to be dealing with mature minds not kids, its always very annoying you set up a topic and all you hear are ridiculous responses, its not too good,2 be sincere though ther is time for everything,a time for joke section and a time for "HELP" ALRITE PEACE cheesy
Re: Answering Sensitive Topics Here Should Be Left To People With Experience by creamdream: 6:54am On Sep 06, 2008
Very true, unfortunately, most users find it defficult to understand this, finding it difficult to differentiate between ranksters and genuine posts. its a matter if changing the mentality over time, the answer lies with the admin.

(1) (Reply)

Do You know Why Married Men Are Not Wearing Their Wedding Rings / How Do I Break-up With Her Please. / Valentine Free Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.