Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,127 members, 7,880,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 04 July 2024 at 08:03 PM

Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final - Sports (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final (32773 Views)

Poll: Olympics Soccer: Nigeria versus Belgium

Nigeria wins: 90% (179 votes)
Belgium wins: 9% (18 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria (0) - Argentina (1) In 2008 Olympics Final / Nigeria 4 Belgium 1 / Ghana Wallops Côte d'Ivoire 4-2 To Win Bronze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by lordimpaq(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2008
jumobi1:

Kaita ke? the guy didn't really impress me. Maybe i didn't see somethin

whether u know say kaita na im dey do the dirty work for back, dats is our makelele

spilled balls from the midfield was collected by him, he impressed all the tournament, bear in mind it was mikel/kaita partnership that helped the midfield in 2005.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Nobody: 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Jumobi1,

Haaaaaaa!!!!!!!!,  POC, Kaita is the livewire of the beautiful defence. He does all the dirty jobs for the defence line. (you beat me to it lordkinikan) Guess she can be excused.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by ahf(m): 1:22pm On Aug 19, 2008
Well done to the guys !!

I was most impressed when they went over and celebrated with their COACH, it shows unity and with that anything is possible.

Wish them the best in the final.

In an era where "Some Assumed Big Boys" ignore national call up, it's clear we can always groom new talent.

Enjoy,
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by folahann(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2008
Just too happy don't know what to do now
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by kaypumpin2(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2008
uppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp nigeria

great match

u knw what it is, its naija

ase belgium o ti e le
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 1:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
Babalaw0:

@ Jumobi1,

POC, Kaita is the livewire of the beautiful defence. He does all the dirty jobs for the defence line.

Spot on

This is how u know those who know a thing or two about football

Kaita was our Claude Makelele today . . . . .  and he did an excellent job.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by lordimpaq(m): 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
folahann:

em, u could wire some money into my account, grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by 9ja4eva: 1:25pm On Aug 19, 2008
ahf:

Well done to the guys !!

I was most impressed when they went over and celebrated with their COACH, it shows unity and with that anything is possible.

Wish them the best in the final.

In an era where "Some Assumed Big Boys" ignore national call up, it's clear we can always groom new talent.

Enjoy,

Point on.We no need all those bigger than God for the team anymore.I liked the idea of the running over to the coach too.Shows togetherness
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by 9ja4eva: 1:26pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

Spot on

Kaita was our Claude Makelele today . . . . . and he did an excellent job.

Correct
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by xyoung: 1:27pm On Aug 19, 2008
from ;bbc.co.uk/olympics/beijing

SEMI FINAL2  MATCH

ARGENTINA  2  BRAZIL   3

ogbuke             sobis
requelme          okonkwo
                        andersson
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by jumobi1(m): 1:28pm On Aug 19, 2008
lordimpaq:

whether u know say kaita na im dey do the dirty work for back, that is is our makelele

spilled balls from the midfield was collected by him, he impressed all the tournament, bear in mind it was mikel/kaita partnership that helped the midfield in 2005.

McKren:

Spot on

Kaita was our Claude Makelele today . . . . .  and he did an excellent job.
Babalaw0:

@ Jumobi1,

Haaaaaaa!!!!!!!!,  POC, Kaita is the livewire of the beautiful defence. He does all the dirty jobs for the defence line. (you beat me to it lordkinikan) Guess she can be excused.

I guess he is nice then. na 5 in tv i dey watch soo i no dey see their name. plus America no dey let man follow soccer/football so i no sabi their number well well.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2008
9ja4eva:

Point on.We no need all those bigger than God for the team anymore.I liked the idea of the running over to the coach too.Shows togetherness

What makes it even more interesting is how he told Mikel to 4uck off

If u can't respect national calls to play qualifiers, then you should not play in the finals.

And even though these boys went out in the group stage, I would have still backed Siasia for that decision
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by xyoung: 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2008
folahann:

i suggest you self-service till you DIE.

DO YOU GUYS KNOW WAT,

Siasia is a,
guess wat?

A PENIS
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Frizy(m): 1:33pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yeah yeah. I saw it on Al-jazeera sports. I think is was 4-1. Nigeria won. grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by Iyineda(m): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2008
smiley
It's like we have a new case of "no-life-lonely-geek-syndrome". xyoung has cooties ! xyoung has cooties !!!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by deept(m): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2008
i just cant sit still. wats happnin brazil-Argentina?
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by micklplus(m): 1:35pm On Aug 19, 2008
Well-done boys.
Hope u'll win the next match.
Cheers
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rampant(f): 1:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
so naija won?
dis bois have made us proud oooooooo

infact wey my green passport again,i need to dust am to show off grin grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by grandjedi(m): 1:39pm On Aug 19, 2008
mukina2:

Fact . . .Nigeria will play hard and lose tongue

myth: Nigeria will get to the final because they have defeated CIV tongue

Which of hats are you going to eat now? grin grin grin

Hope you have a very dirty, mouldy and smelly one. wink cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by 9ja4eva: 1:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

If u can't respect national calls to play qualifiers, then you should not play in the finals.

And even though these boys went out in the group stage, I would have still backed Siasia for that decision

Correct.Mikel is not needed in the team.The guys dey play fire
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by dudubobo1: 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
You are all invited to come and drink a bottle of Pepsi each in celebration. make we wash am
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by subice(m): 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yeah Kaita was very good, but for me Adeleye was a rock. Very classy bringing the ball out of defence too.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by superstan(m): 1:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
i can't wait to see argentina versus brazil in the next 20 mins.

that will be the pick of the competition.

pato, ronaldinho and diego versus messi, aguero and riquelme.

what a match i have on my hands.

i hope argentina scales through. it will be nice to see messi and vankezin do a face off.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by JJay1(m): 1:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
9ja4eva:

Correct.Mikel is not needed in the team.The guys dey play fire

Mikel who?
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by deept(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
but e go tough ooooo, whichever team we play.

that game is going to be played in the midfield
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by oziomatv(m): 1:43pm On Aug 19, 2008
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=160955.msg2671162#msg2671162

I predicted this but no one reason with me.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by FBS: 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2008
deept:

i just can't sit still. wats happnin brazil-Argentina?
it has not started.
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by McKren(m): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2008
subice:

Yeah Kaita was very good, but for me Adeleye was a rock. Very classy bringing the ball out of defence too.

adeleye is the man of the tournament

He is just a general in our defence
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rampant(f): 1:44pm On Aug 19, 2008
dudu-bobo:

You are all invited to come and drink a bottle of Pepsi each in celebration. make we wash am

lmao so na only pepsi u wan offer us abi? grin grin

@topic

honestly siasia has tried no be small,he deserves better
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by desgiezd(m): 1:45pm On Aug 19, 2008
McKren:

Great talk McKren, I would have backed Siasia if the boys had been eliminated in the group stage, there comes a time that one occupying a pisition as Siasia's should put his foot down on some issues. I also hail the NFF's stand for supporting Siasia on  this one.

By the way, how could some people do all the dirty jobs (qualifying series) and some so called big boys would be waiting to reap the fruits of the dirty jobs. Whoever partakes in doing the dirty job is as good as eating the fruits thereof!!
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by rampant(f): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
Thor:

Not just talk, I have based my prediction on past and current form!

Brazil - Belgium final

Gold - Belgium
Silver - Brazil
Bronze - Argentina
Tin Cup - Nigeria

hehehehehe shame ooooooo,ur prediction is false,oya go enter well
Re: Nigeria (4) Wallops Belgium (1) In 2008 Olympics Semi-Final by emmydee(m): 1:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
Nigeria has won 4-1

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (30) (Reply)

Liverpool Vs Barcelona: Lessons I Learnt From The Champion’s League Match / Covid-19: Israel Adesanya Donates Medical Equipment To Lagos / Man City Crowned 2017-2018 Premier League Champions After Shock Man Utd Loss

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.