Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,574 members, 7,972,153 topics. Date: Friday, 11 October 2024 at 04:16 AM

What Does The Color Of A Car Say? - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Does The Color Of A Car Say? (4172 Views)

Lovely Gold Color 2005 Direct Toyota 4runner Limited Trim . Navi And Rev Cam. / 2000 Toyota Corolla For Quick Grap......gold Is The Color / What Does It Take To Clear Car At Lagos Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by keba(m): 5:48pm On Aug 18, 2008
it depends on the context you use redas a colour.
when it comes to cars, you can as well say red is mystery.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 5:49pm On Aug 18, 2008
keba:

it depends on the context you use redas a colour.
when it comes to cars, you can as well say red is mystery.
There is no mystery in any shade of red. When something is mysterious it comes off as something you want to know more of. But red is bright and out there. Every thing is out in the open, there is no mystery.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 5:54pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ posters, lets not get it twisted, i believe Black is not sexy rather i would call it Classy,
a black classy car is not the same as a red sexy car,   just picture a red hummer and a black hummer, The black hummer looks classy, rugged and powerful while a red hummer looks simply less rugged & powerful (my opinion).
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by keba(m): 5:56pm On Aug 18, 2008
LASIEFAIRE:

Black is Mysterious, Slick, Powerful especially when sitting on a black Dub 20 atleast,with  tinted screens.
@onyinye2
would you say black is mysterious without tinted windows
isn't it open as you stated
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 5:59pm On Aug 18, 2008
Red is not sexy, fierce, but not sexy. But just look at a Black Escalade driving down the street. I mean that is the definition of sexy.

keba:

@onyinye2
would you say black is mysterious without tinted windows
isn't it open as you stated
Tinted is optional. It just adds to the slickness and mystery. It is like a guy coming down the street in a nice Black Armani suit. He already looks good and mysterious, but when he puts on those black stunna shades. . . . oh boy we gotta something going on.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by keba(m): 6:04pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

, but when he puts on those black stunna shades. . . . oh boy we gotta something going on.
good you put the BUT cos you know without the shades or tinted glasses
on cars, they are OPEN.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 6:08pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

Red is not sexy, fierce, but not sexy. But just look at a Black Escalade driving down the street. I mean that is the definition of sexy.

@ onyinye2, i wuldn't totally agree with you 'cos i wuld rather call that "CLASSY" not sexy.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 6:12pm On Aug 18, 2008
jeepdity:

@ onyinye2, i wuldn't totally agree with you 'because i wuld rather call that "CLASSY" not sexy.
Then please explain to me what is sexy about a red Ford Focus vs. a black one?

keba:

good you put the BUT because you know without the shades or tinted glasses
on cars, they are OPEN.
When i meant about open, i was talking about it is so easy to decipher. Just one look with a red car, you got the jist of it. But with a black car, you gotta walk around it a couple of times to get the full drift of it.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by keba(m): 6:20pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

When i meant about open, i was talking about it is so easy to decipher. Just one look with a red car, you got the jist of it. But with a black car, you gotta walk around it a couple of times to get the full drift of it.
REALLY
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2008
keba:

REALLY
Yes nna, really.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 6:27pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

Then please explain to me what is sexy about a red Ford Focus vs. a black one?

well i agree there might be no much diffrnce btw those cos ford focus isn't really a big car,    but you said earlier that black is a show stoppa. pls. i want you to picture a convoy of ten black escalades & compare with a convoy of ten buggati veyrons,  which one stops the show most??
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 6:29pm On Aug 18, 2008
i mean ten red bugatti veyrons
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 6:30pm On Aug 18, 2008
jeepdity:

well i agree there might be no much diffrnce between those because ford focus isn't really a big car,     but you said earlier that black is a show stoppa. please. i want you to picture a convoy of ten black escalades & compare with a convoy of ten buggati veyrons,   which one stops the show most??
Oka lets see. Oka ten Bugatti Veyrons are show pausers, not show stoppas. But if someone rolls up with a black on black escalade, lawd have mercy we gotta something going on.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka lets see. Oka ten Bugatti Veyrons are show pausers, not show stoppas. But if someone rolls up with a black on black escalade, lawd have mercy we gotta something going on.
show pausers (wow i like dat it sounds new)
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2008
jeepdity:

show pausers (wow i like that it sounds new)
It all comes from the book of Onyinye's phrases.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 6:46pm On Aug 18, 2008
@onyinye2, i think it's an issue of perception here, the fact that you r a female you tend to see a black car as sexy. while for me cos am male, i see a red car as sexy.
cos if you say ten bugatti veyrons aren't show stoppas but pausers then i wonder what a show stoppa wuld be,

i believe Keba would agree with this perception.

@keba wat do u think?
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by keba(m): 6:50pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

It all comes from the book of Onyinye's
book of onyinye's phrases??, has it been published
@ jeepity
onyinye is a she-guy.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 6:55pm On Aug 18, 2008
Keba, nna you are really pushing it. Biko, dont start with me.

jeepdity:

@onyinye2, i think it's an issue of perception here, the fact that you r a female you tend to see a black car as sexy. while for me because am male, i see a red car as sexy.
because if you say ten bugatti veyrons aren't show stoppas but pausers then i wonder what a show stoppa wuld be,
Oka that whole female/male thing is just taboo. I just don't see anything sexy about a red car, fierce, but not sexy. But if i came rolling up in a Cadillac CTS, black on black, mayne i would own the rode. But the red one will just be eye candy.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 7:02pm On Aug 18, 2008
a red Cadillac CTS on black tint would definitely hang more jaws than a blackCadillac CTS (cos a black Cadillac CTS looks more regular) cool
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 7:06pm On Aug 18, 2008
jeepdity:

a red Cadillac CTS on black tint would definitely hang more jaws than a blackCadillac CTS (because a black Cadillac CTS looks more regular) cool
regular? now i know you are tripping. a black CTS w/ tinted windows would turn ya head 360. but a red one would get your attention. . . . until it is over shined.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by keba(m): 7:10pm On Aug 18, 2008
jeepdity:

a red Cadillac CTS on black tint would definitely hang more jaws than a blackCadillac CTS (because a black Cadillac CTS looks more regular) cool
i feel you cool cool

onyinye thinks i'm pushing a Cadillac CTS, black on black,
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 7:13pm On Aug 18, 2008
keba:

onyinye thinks i'm pushing a Cadillac CTS, black on black,
Pushing what again?
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by KarmaMod(f): 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2008
I like that here people with tinted screens get charged. Dont know what they hell they are trying to hide and whatever it is, it better be worth the $600 fine grin

For some reason or another, when a car is red, it is deemed as a "fast" car.

Exactly why red cars are pulled over by the cops than any other car. Also some insurance companies make you pay higher for such colors
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by Gamine(f): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2008
izz a lie!!! shocked

pay more for color? undecided
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 7:21pm On Aug 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

I like that here people with tinted screens get charged. Dont know what they hell they are trying to hide and whatever it is, it better be qorth the $600 fine  grin

Exactly why red cars are pulled over by the cops than any other car. Also some insurance companies make you pay higher for such colors
First off tinted windows are just icing on a cake. It just puts that glam on a car.
Yeah alot of companies charge a larger portion on red cars even though they did a special on red cars on i think Good Morning America. Proving that red cars are no faster than the green car beside it.
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2008
@kerma it's not that xpensive ,  
lets face it tint can be nice on some cars,   try cruising a tinted rover sport (i mean limo tint)  cool
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by KarmaMod(f): 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2008
Yea well that "glam" puts a hole in the pocket with fines.

A hole I support grin
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by KarmaMod(f): 7:25pm On Aug 18, 2008
jeepdity:

@kerma it's not that xpensive ,

what's not expensive?
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by onyinye2(f): 7:28pm On Aug 18, 2008
KarmaMod:

Yea well that "glam" puts a hole in the pocket with fines.
A hole I support grin
Unfortunately yeah. But i would still tint the back two windows, and leave the front ones "regular".
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by keba(m): 7:33pm On Aug 18, 2008
@ poster
where have you been??
onyinye2:

Unfortunately yeah. But i would still tint the back two windows, and leave the front ones "regular".
most tinted vehicles comes that way
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by jeepdity(m): 7:38pm On Aug 18, 2008
onyinye2:

But i would still tint the back two windows, and leave the front ones "regular".
why not full tint (or better still limo tint) xtra black, cool  why tint only the back windows r u gonna be employing a driver?
Re: What Does The Color Of A Car Say? by LASIEFAIRE(m): 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2008
If you dont want to get fined for a Tinted get a prescription from a Doctor. Get your tint as dark as possible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Xtremely Clean 2007 Toyota Camry LE ( Metallic green) / Toyota Corolla 1.4 Klima 2002. / Reg Opel Vectra B. Wagon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.