Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,887 members, 7,931,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 25 August 2024 at 04:11 PM

Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ (815 Views)

#Dasukigate: Party Members Facing Charges Should Carry Their Own Cross - PDP / Critiquing OBJ, The Architect Of APC And His Deceptions From Iyabo's Perspective / Ibrahim Babangida , a.k.a. IBB - The Evil Architect Of Nigeria's Downfall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by BigB11(m): 1:58pm On Aug 19, 2008
Though a lot of sentiments and emotions have been introduced into the action of the Police Service Commission, an objective analysis of the decision to demote the 140 officers, particularly Ribadu, will show that the former EFCC boss is the architect of his current troubles. For instance, just when Nigerians and the international community were beginning to express satisfaction with the efforts his commission was putting in the fight against corrupt practices, Ribadu suddenly changed.

Apparently carried away by the enormous powers appropriated to him by his former evil boss, Olusegun Obasanjo, Ribadu forgot that he was first and foremost a police officer and needed to work within the confines of the laws that govern the Nigeria Police Force. For whatever reason(s) he chose to behave like a politician and in the process, he made a lot of unguided political pronouncements without verifiable facts. He became so power drunk at a point that he behaved as if he was above the inspector general of police, telling whoever that cared to listen that he was not answerable to him.

Like the politician he had chosen to be, particularly in the last one year of Obasanjo's administration, Ribadu spoke as if he was the publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) as he appeared on television station almost on daily basis, declaring some prominent Nigerians, among them former Nigerian leader, Gen. Ibrahim Babangida as persons unfit to govern the country. Just as many others he called criminals, who must be hunted and hauled into prisons and detention camps for crimes they were yet to be found guilty of. As a lawyer, many of us thought that he should have known that a suspect remains innocent unless found guilty by the law court.

But encouraged by the former inspector general of police, Sunday Ehindero (the jellyfish), and praised daily by Obasanjo, Ribadu chosed to jettison this fundamental principle of law as he harassed, arrested and detained at will, innocent Nigerians for days on mere suspicion.

Candidly speaking and with all respect to his person, some of us were beginning to wonder if Ribadu was actually a lawyer, because if he is, he should have known the implication of the many illegalities he took pride in committing with brazen recklessness.

But what could have pushed a senior police officer (and lawyer by training for that matter) like Ribadu to engage in such uncivilised, primitive and barbaric manner of fighting corruption if not for self pride, imaginary personal satisfaction and ego boosting.

So drunk and confused with the unlimited powers that he had that, Ribadu at some point behaved like a tin-god, deciding who should be councilor, local government chairman, House Member, governor or even president.

http://www.leadershipnigeria.com/product_info.php?products_id=33059&osCsid=9fdf72d22fe1aa7f5b6a8f9ec4237d21
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by cre8tivity(f): 7:46pm On Aug 19, 2008
eventhough ribadu took many wrong and unnecessary steps during his days as the efcc chairman, but this shouldn't overshadow other things he did well. by the way, who was the person that initiated this illegal promotion in the first place? i think nigerians should identify this individual and he should be held responsible.
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Mamajama(m): 8:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
@BIGB1
Question will you be here crucifying Ribadu as nemesis in Nigerian if he hadn’t gone after your family? IBB?

Please Name one Nigerian before Rebadu that was so fearless and successful in tacking corruption in this great nation of ours?

Must Ribadu effort and relentless work go unnoticed? WAZIRI is benefitting from the phenomenal hard work that Ribadu and his associate did. Your Father IBB gave us 419 and legalizes corruption in Nigeria, we have one defiant Hausa Boy Ribadu who was ready to die for his country and yet people like you are always smearing his image.

The politics that led to Ribadu demotion and humiliation was promulgated by what he did to Tafa Balogun. Okiro has always been Tafa’s boy and he is just doing everything in his power to curtail Ribadu. Be on the look out for part two of the story, this is not the end of this story.
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Mamajama(m): 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2008
@BIGB! please click on the link and read the caption.

Is this a mis-print?

on 2008/6/17 3:40:00
The Police Service Commission has confirmed the promotion of 3 DIGs, 4 AIGs, 23 CPs and 34 DCPs. The commission also confimered the promotion of Malam Nuhu Ribadu to the rank of AIG, and other officers promoted by the former IGP.

http://nigeriapolice.org/public/modules/news/article.php?storyid=32
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by BigB11(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
JAMA:

Slow down, this isn't about Big B1.
I did not demote the dude; the question is: who approved the illegal promotion?
This entity is the enemy of Nigeria and he should be questioned.
By any chance, do you happen to know this person?

Look, Ribadu is not a perfect man just like most Nigerians, and infact, he remains one of my favorite Nigerians without any doubt.
Instead of making noise and getting too emotional for nothing, it would be more constructive if Nigerians focus more on what went wrong with a promising career of a young man.
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Mamajama(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
The person who approve the promotion was Simon OKEKE and the president Olusegun Obansonjo.

Check the facts but the press won't tell you that.
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by cre8tivity(f): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2008
Simon OKEKE
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by BigB11(m): 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2008
The person who approve the promotion was Simon OKEKE and the president Olusegun Obansonjo

JAMA:
I'm not sure where you're going with this one, but the last time I checked Sunday Ehindero was the IGP and OBJ was the president during this period.
Only God knows where you got your Simon Okeke's story from; but Nigerians are too smart to fall for this baseless info.

Ribadu was encouraged by the former inspector general of police, Sunday Ehindero (the jellyfish), and praised daily by Obasanjo,
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Mamajama(m): 9:34pm On Aug 19, 2008
@BIGB1 you are such a DUFUS, do you know what the police service commission that was commission on April 15th 2008 called before?

POLICE AFFAIRS OFFICE.

The IG has the power and right to recommend people for promotion. The Police affairs will approve the recommendation

The president was the chairman of police affairs commission before police service commission.

Boy go back to elementary school. Do you think police is like Army where people like IBB can elevate themselves to general?
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by abdurrazaq(m): 8:48am On Aug 20, 2008
WHO IN THIS FORUM HAS NOT KNOWN THAT Big B1 IS IBRAHIM BABANGIDA? Let me tell you Mr. Bid B1 you are just dodging behind your middle finger it's a pity we already know who you are. You can continue to waste your precious time in trying to dent the image of Ribadu but, Nigerians know the truth about the whole issue
Big B1:

But encouraged by the former inspector general of police, Sunday Ehindero (the jellyfish), and praised daily by Obasanjo, Ribadu chosed to jettison this fundamental principle of law as he harassed, arrested and detained at will, innocent Nigerians for days on mere suspicion.
Can you imagine this coming from a Nigerian? Tell me if Tafa Balogun, D. Alams and others were not guilty of the offences they were accused of. Can you please name one 'innocent Nigerian' harassed by Ribadu? angry
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Mamajama(m): 4:42pm On Aug 20, 2008
@abdurrazaq the only innocent Nigerian that Ribadu arrested and detained was MUHAMEND BABANGIDA and that is why BIGB1 and his toothless father are still so bitter about RIBADU.

@BIGB1 remember RIBADu is only 45 and still had 15 years left in service. Nigerians have not seen the best of this man yet. he will be back with a vengeance and will prosecute IBB and all other cronies
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 20, 2008
i hope that day comes very soon.
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by BigB11(m): 5:32pm On Aug 20, 2008
I welcome the day with all my heart.

I have nothing against Ribadu; all I ask for is doing what is right accordingly. And I do not think this is too much for a loyal citizen to ask.
If we continue to do what is right recklessly, Nigeria as a nation will continue to crumble and remain retarded forever. We must discover a better way to accomplish our goals.

JAMA: I hope you know that Ehindero is not going free; he's next to go down (read my lips).

Nuzo: I was in China for the opening ceremony, you were no where to be found; whatzup?
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by BigB11(m): 5:43pm On Aug 20, 2008
WHO IN THIS FORUM HAS NOT KNOWN THAT Big B1 IS IBRAHIM BABANGIDA? Let me tell you Mr. Bid B1 you are just dodging behind your middle finger it's a pity we already know who you are. You can continue to waste your precious time in trying to dent the image of Ribadu but, Nigerians know the truth about the whole issue

This isn't the point and also absolutely incorrect.
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Mamajama(m): 9:57pm On Aug 20, 2008
DUfus BIGB1 if you recollect what I told you once before and i will reiterate it again to you like a primary child.

Ehindero is too smart and will not do anything stupid to jeopardise his reputation. What does a self made man with integrity at his age need to steal for?

Zombie get with the program, they can try and will never succede, how many times has he been invited for questioning? he honored all the invitations and went and gave his explanation. That is a maverick and not a clown like IBB that does not honor any invitation that the OKIGBO and OPUTA panel summon him to.

peace
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by MP007(m): 6:35am On Aug 21, 2008
IRibadu was used and dumped,
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by MP007(m): 6:35am On Aug 21, 2008
IRibadu was used and dumped, but at least we all enjoyed the so-called anti corruption program while it lasted
Re: Ribadu; The Architect Of His Own Cross!~ by Nobody: 6:52am On Aug 21, 2008
Big B1:

I welcome the day with all my heart.

I have nothing against Ribadu; all I ask for is doing what is right accordingly. And I do not think this is too much for a loyal citizen to ask.
If we continue to do what is right recklessly, Nigeria as a nation will continue to crumble and remain retarded forever. We must discover a better way to accomplish our goals.

JAMA: I hope you know that Ehindero is not going free; he's next to go down (read my lips).

Nuzo: I was in China for the opening ceremony, you were no where to be found; whatzup?

So bad of you. You didnt even bother to alert me. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

Post Foreign Views On McCain-Palin's Chances / . / How You Can Become A Pacesetter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.