Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,134 members, 7,916,331 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 08:40 PM

Using Phone As Webcam - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Using Phone As Webcam (1238 Views)

How To Use Tecno Android Phone As Modem On Your Computer/tablet To Browse / Internet Connection Using Phone - Which Model Of Nokia Phone Is The Best? / MTN GPRS on PC Using Phone Modem or Bluetooth? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Using Phone As Webcam by funyin(f): 5:50pm On Aug 19, 2008
I connected my phone to my system using the USB cable,
it displayed.
Mass Storage
Webcam
COM Port

does it mean the phone can work as a webcam.if Webcam is selected
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by brinebaba(m): 6:03pm On Aug 19, 2008
funny' enough lyk ur name,when i connect ma fone to pc,it gives sumtin lyk 'usb storage device'. . .

-probably,u av connected a webcam to that particular* port u are plugging ur fones usb cable to.
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by hayprof(m): 6:07pm On Aug 19, 2008
brine, am sure he is referring to the prompts He got on the Phone not PC
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by 4peace(m): 6:16pm On Aug 19, 2008
funyin:

it displayed.
Mass Storage
Webcam
COM Port

YES
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by MrInfo1(m): 6:42pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ 4peace

How?
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by Mustay(m): 7:15pm On Aug 19, 2008
I have a software device which allows you to use your phone as webcam
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by DualCore1: 7:20pm On Aug 19, 2008
funyin:

it displayed.
Mass Storage
Webcam
COM Port

Yes

brine baba:

funny' enough like your name,when i connect ma phone to pc,it gives sumtin like 'usb storage device'. . .

-probably,u av connected a webcam to that particular* port u are plugging your fones usb cable to.
u should know better than this.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-103080.0.html
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by MrInfo1(m): 7:40pm On Aug 19, 2008
@ Dual Core

My handset prompts me to select from four options:

Media player,
Pc suite,
Mass storage,
or
PictBrige .

I was asking 4peace if what he knew was how to use the PictBrige option as a webcam. because he said yes to funyin's question tongue You grab?
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by brianromel(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yes it means something,its a chinco phone,and no its just for show,u need de software to use it on a pc,but tell u wat,log into yahoo messenge on ur pc and try chatting wit some1 and try using web cam,if the systems sees it then ur in luck
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by DualCore1: 9:41pm On Aug 19, 2008
infobaba:

@ Dual Core

My handset prompts me to select from four options:

Media player,
Pc suite,
Mass storage,
or
PictBrige .

I was asking 4peace if what he knew was how to use the PictBrige option as a webcam. because he said yes to funyin's question tongue You grab?
but the pictbridge` option isnt in the top list made by the poster. info, funny boi, u iz.
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by MrInfo1(m): 10:37pm On Aug 19, 2008
Dual but the poster's question was not about any third party application na. I taught the poster asked thus "if she selects webcam from her list, does it mean her phone can work as a webcam?" and since 4peace confirmed that she could, i had to ask 4peace how to because i am also havn a similar doubt wit my phone's pictbrige option (too). Shey you grab now huh?

Re: Using Phone As Webcam by DualCore1: 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2008
yes popz, i grab. kolo
PictBridge is an industry standard from the Camera & Imaging Products Association (CIPA) for direct printing. it allows images to be printed directly from digital cameras to a printer, without having to connect the camera to a computer.
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by sisqology(m): 11:05pm On Aug 19, 2008
Shakes my head and walks away
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by DualCore1: 11:09pm On Aug 19, 2008
sisqology:

Shakes my head and walks away
. . . so what? someone should be bothered?
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by sisqology(m): 11:12pm On Aug 19, 2008
Yes
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by Holyrule(m): 3:39am On Aug 20, 2008
@Funyin
yes,your phone could be used as web cam. But you have to download and install the software to your phone. Nothing is impossible.
Though haven't tried it,but those who made the software didn't sure make it for fancy.Abi. grin
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by just2nice(m): 5:48am On Aug 20, 2008
Yes.You can use your phone as a web cam.There is a software that you can use:Mobiola webcam.You will install one of the two files inside on your pc and the other file on your phone.Then,you are up and running.There is the download link: http://www.sharemobile.ro/file.php?id=83989
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by ceejay80s(m): 6:05am On Aug 20, 2008
Hey all,it is possible to use ur phone as a webcamera depending on the phone u are using. Symbian phone can do the trick,mine is working perfectly as a webcam,all u need is the webcam software 4 ur phone and nokia pc suit 4 ur pc
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by 4peace(m): 6:57am On Aug 20, 2008
@poster and info
are you guys satisfy?
@dual you right on info
info,dual,just,how you guys coping with this era of free tango.
I'm disturbed.New moderator what else guys
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by Mustay(m): 7:02am On Aug 20, 2008
@ sisqo if you got nothing to say, post zilch!
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by MrInfo1(m): 7:26am On Aug 20, 2008
@ Just2nice/Ceejay

The poster did ask for any third party application. Remember her phone already displayed webcam as an option. undecided u guys self

@ 4peace

It is getn beta na. At least newbies have reduced the rate at which they leave there email. cheesy
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by Fadajasi(m): 7:41am On Aug 20, 2008
Shi shi
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by funyin(f): 12:25pm On Aug 20, 2008
Brine baba or what did u call your name, why not try to read with ur brain and not with ur eyes shocked coz I wondered where u saw "usb storage device"

If you don't know something,it is better to keep quiet and let those who know to talk and also learn from them.

Sule baba
Re: Using Phone As Webcam by Mustay(m): 12:39pm On Aug 20, 2008
Dual core had already provided you with the topic;

Using Your Symbian Phone As Webcam

(1)

Mtn Nite Bundle 24hrs Browsing Now Over - Back To Just 10pm - 5am / Nokia N900 Users / How To Take Care Of Your Android Battery And Solve Battery Problems.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.