Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,162 members, 7,890,933 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 02:00 AM

In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs (1039 Views)

HILARIOUS: Man Discovers Wife Is A Man After 19 Years Of Marriage / 11-year-old Becomes A Dad After Being Sexually Assaulted By Friend's Mum / A Belgian Discovers His Wife Used To Be A Man After 19 Years! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by henrydan(m): 1:55pm On Aug 20, 2008
Sometimes i ask myself,do i really embark on dis trip?I've being raised by my mum my whole life and i just want to embark on this "identity Search" cos i'm gradually becoming a man and you need a man to teach you how to be a man.I really need to,and most of all i need someone to talk to, that's why i'm doing it online.
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by SENATORJD(m): 2:01pm On Aug 20, 2008
but u've not stated any information that pple can use to help locate your dad,or that your dad himself can see to identify/find you.
Name,location and all,
peeps would be glad to help you out as long as its true wink

1 Like

Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by syren: 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2008
Go for it,  if he's willing you guys can build a good relationship together and it could be worthwhile. How does your mum feel about it, mine was against the idea so i would like to know your mothers reaction. Thanks.
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by ifyalways(f): 2:16pm On Aug 20, 2008
henrydan:

Sometimes i ask myself,do i really embark on this trip?I've being raised by my mum my whole life and i just want to embark on this "identity Search" because i'm gradually becoming a man and you need a man to teach you how to be a man.I really need to,and most of all i need someone to talk to, that's why i'm doing it online.
First off,You dont need a man to teach you to be a man.Many have done well in life with just their mum around them.
If you feel deep within you that u want to see your dad,you have the longing to meet him then i wud advice u to go look for him.happy searching.
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by doe82: 8:54pm On Aug 21, 2008
I wish u luck friend and pray your search ll be worth the time.Its good to know ur roots.There may just be some untold stories and its not good to live in assumptions and imaginations for a life time.whatever is the outcome of the search,I encourage u to embark on it
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by syren: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2008
doe

I've found u grin

You ok?
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by idupaul: 9:05pm On Aug 21, 2008
forget it u dont need any fada,
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by syren: 9:13pm On Aug 21, 2008
idupaul:

forget it u don't need any fada,

I know your not serious?

U can't speak for him.

Poster it's better to find out now than spend your whole life wondering maybe even regretting.
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by savanaha: 9:18pm On Aug 21, 2008
@ poster

if it were me I would say screw him for abandoning me for almost 2 decades. I would make something of myself and ensure that my children get all the attention they can from me when I do have kids. However it is not me and I don't know every detail of your situation.
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by syren: 9:34pm On Aug 22, 2008
A father looks at his son and sees the boy he once was. A boy looks at his father and sees the man he will/can become. It's the fathers job to show his son how to become that man. Sadly many boys have no men to look to.

boys need fathers, otherwise what's the point of them making the child in the first place?
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by MadMax1(f): 5:54pm On Aug 23, 2008
If you provide details there might be people who happen to know the other side of the story, and your dad, here on nairaland. You never can tell. I'd say go for it. You've nothing to lose, and a dad to gain.
Re: In Search Of My Dad After 19 Yrs by okwabayi(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2019
OP is a bastard.
Oya na, someone should confirm their poor education by countering my fact.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Make U Help Me Plz / How To Revive A Broken Home / Wife-beating Is Barbaric

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.